The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Prince Harry and Prince William (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Kate vs. Chelsy (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/kate-vs-chelsy-6356.html)

rchainho 06-28-2005 02:32 PM

Kate vs. Chelsy
 
28 June 2005
KATE V CHELSY
Who's the fittest to become a princess?
By Kevin O'Sullivan
LADIES and gentlemen take your seats, a fascinating contest for suitability to become a future princess is about to begin.

In the red corner is fag-smoking South African boozer Chelsy Davy. Her opponent in the blue corner is the squeaky-clean woman they call England's perfect rose - Kate Middleton....

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_obje...name_page.html

Akilah 06-28-2005 05:20 PM

I don't know if either of these women will stand the test of time. Pretty women come and they go. These young men have to find life partners that have more substance than style. I am sure that neither of these men want a repeat of their mother, they need to be very selective in their choice. However, they are young, but when "true" adulthood comes a knocking, meaning duty, service, a palace or two, and a bugdet of their own to tend, they will grow up quickly. But I am sure that William will be the least to worry about he is the smarter of the two. If Kate is the "one," he would be smart to wait it out and give their relationship time to mature beyond the confounds of school. They may need their distance in future to figure out how serious they are in their commitment and their love. To marry into the British Royal family is to marry an institution not the Jones next door. It would be unlike anything these yougn ladies have ever experienced, therefore, they need to be of sound mind and heart before moving forward with a marrage.

Their lives will not be their's alone anymore. It would be alot to ask

Georgia 06-28-2005 08:13 PM

Akilah what on earth do you mean 'a repeat of their mother'?
Going back to the thread I think both girls seem to suit each of the boys! On top of which I think both girls are good for William and Harry. People completly seperate from their family.

grecka 06-28-2005 08:57 PM

I think that it's a bit premature to think about marriage for either William or Harry. Their father didn't marry until his early thirties and I think they'll likely follow suit, either marrying in their early thirties or late twenties.

By the way, I think the incessant Diana-bashing on several forums is a bit tacky. The lady's been dead for eight years; it's time we stopped bad-mouthing her.

Akilah 06-28-2005 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grecka
I think that it's a bit premature to think about marriage for either William or Harry. Their father didn't marry until his early thirties and I think they'll likely follow suit, either marrying in their early thirties or late twenties.

By the way, I think the incessant Diana-bashing on several forums is a bit tacky. The lady's been dead for eight years; it's time we stopped bad-mouthing her.

Of course, it to soon for William and Harry to be thinking about marriage, but when they do marry I would hope these young men take into account their parent's situation and do not repeat it.

grecka 06-29-2005 09:09 PM

I would have to agree with you there. Diana and Charles were pushed together for the sake of "the greater good", and they were basically doomed to fail in their marriage from the beginning. I think both William and Harry will be alotted much more freedom in choosing wives.

Kathryn Mayer 07-01-2005 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilah
I don't know if either of these women will stand the test of time. Pretty women come and they go. These young men have to find life partners that have more substance than style. I am sure that neither of these men want a repeat of their mother, they need to be very selective in their choice. However, they are young, but when "true" adulthood comes a knocking, meaning duty, service, a palace or two, and a bugdet of their own to tend, they will grow up quickly. But I am sure that William will be the least to worry about he is the smarter of the two. If Kate is the "one," he would be smart to wait it out and give their relationship time to mature beyond the confounds of school. They may need their distance in future to figure out how serious they are in their commitment and their love. To marry into the British Royal family is to marry an institution not the Jones next door. It would be unlike anything these yougn ladies have ever experienced, therefore, they need to be of sound mind and heart before moving forward with a marrage.

Their lives will not be their's alone anymore. It would be alot to ask

I cannot believe the short-sightedness of people who think that a person with a pretty face and/or a waist that's the 'figuratively' size would not be a person of substance...whether Diana was thin or not, her beauty definitely was in 2nd place behind her charitable behaviour and perfect 'mothering' skills....I'm offended!!!

princess gertrude 07-01-2005 01:55 PM

William and Harry will have to be selective. Things were just not meant to be with Diana and Charles. My motto is "Things happen for a reason, sometimes those reasons are very clear, very quickly, and sometimes it takes time for them to reveal themselves." Please keep in mind that I am not diminishing the fact that Diana's death wasn't tragic, but I have faith that in some way, it will benefit someone or something in the end. William and Harry have quite a few "good" relationships to gather knowledge from, Queen Elizabeth & Prince Phillip, Duke & Duchess of Glouchester, Edward & Sophie and Prince & Princess Michael of Kent. I have confidence that they will choose their partner wisely.

wymanda 07-06-2005 07:10 AM

Personally I find Chelsy and her family to be rather declasse. From appearances (which I know can be decieving) she appears to have the morals of an alley cat and her family are simply cashing in on her relationship with Harry. IMHO Diana would have been appalled!

Now Kate. Here is a young lady who keeps her own counsel and her family keep to themselves. A much safer bet for a future princess.

Idriel 07-06-2005 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda
Personally I find Chelsy and her family to be rather declasse. From appearances (which I know can be decieving) she appears to have the morals of an alley cat and her family are simply cashing in on her relationship with Harry.

I don't know about Chelsy's moral. I guess you are referring to her party lifestyle that you maybe find not appropriate or maybe the way she dress? Could you elaborate please?
About her parents, I don't understand what you mean. Her parents were millionaires far before Harry was even born and their business is related to Safaris and killing animals. I don't quite understand how Harry could possibly bring them money. They were successful before him and I don't see people spending an awful lot of cash to kill poor beasts just because Chelsy is dating Harry...:confused:

wymanda 07-06-2005 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idriel
I don't know about Chelsy's moral. I guess you are referring to her party lifestyle that you maybe find not appropriate or maybe the way she dress? Could you elaborate please?
About her parents, I don't understand what you mean. Her parents were millionaires far before Harry was even born and their business is related to Safaris and killing animals. I don't quite understand how Harry could possibly bring them money. They were successful before him and I don't see people spending an awful lot of cash to kill poor beasts just because Chelsy is dating Harry...:confused:

I was referring to the fact that numerous members of Chelsy's family are giving stories to the press, for which I assume they get payed, about the infatuation between Harry & Chelsy!
Chelsy dresses like a tart and behaves like one. She appears to be well on the way to a drinking problem and will drag Harry down with her. He has little enough self control as it is without the influence of this young woman.
Personally I think she is after a title. Her fathers links with Mugabe make her questionably the worse girlfriend Harry could have found.

Idriel 07-06-2005 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda
I was referring to the fact that numerous members of Chelsy's family are giving stories to the press, for which I assume they get payed, about the infatuation between Harry & Chelsy!

OK I see what you mean know! You are talking about this uncle who told the press they were getting married and other daft remarks. I actually follow closely the UK royal family and as far as I know he is the only one in the family talking to the press (and he stopped now). Her dad talked about his links to Mugabe to defend himself but did not talk about Harry. And there has been various stories from "close friends" which are of course not to be trusted.
Quote:

Chelsy dresses like a tart and behaves like one. She appears to be well on the way to a drinking problem and will drag Harry down with her.
I definitely agree her wardrobe is clearly a major issue :D ! As for her dragging Harry, well I don't see Harry needing anyone to misbehave! He's quite good at it on his own actually!!
Quote:

Her fathers links with Mugabe make her questionably the worse girlfriend Harry could have found.
I don't know... look at Maxima. I don't think that will be a major issue if Harry decide to get serious about her. Also, until now she has her hands clean...

Australian 07-06-2005 08:38 AM

Regardless of who is better, i dont envy either of these girls. Look at the history of british royal marriages , most end in divorce.

Elspeth 07-06-2005 11:59 AM

That's only been the case recently, when senior young royals were expected to make suitable marriages in a day and age when marrying for love had become the norm and when the media was being very intrusive in their personal lives. Nowadays if the princes can marry who they like, within reason, this should be less of a problem.

princess_juicy 07-14-2005 10:35 AM

I like both of them,however I am not sure if they will marry either because of the age thing,and just look at their father and when he married,and can we please just let Diana RIP???

ailstalia 07-18-2005 06:42 PM

diana seemed really nice. i like kate, but chelsy seems like the type of girl guys date because they're fun, not the kind of girl that guys marry

Incas 07-18-2005 08:56 PM

Then again, Harry is the type of "bad boy" girls date but not bring home to meet Mom & Dad.

segolen 07-31-2005 12:34 PM

I know Incas, but unfortunately the " bad boy " Harry is a royal boy and my Mom and Dad would'n mind LOLOL

sparks 07-31-2005 05:15 PM

mag pic of Chelsy and Kate..thanks to William and Harry Unlimited
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...s_11082037.jpg

segolen 08-01-2005 03:21 AM

i guess everyone has some " bad " days. LOL but the Chelsy's pic is hilarious


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises