The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Queen Sirikit and Thai Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-sirikit-and-thai-royal-jewels-6352.html)

kokeno 06-28-2005 11:40 AM

Queen Sirikit and Thai Royal Jewels

Welcome to the New thread about Queen of Thailand Jewelry.

kokeno 06-28-2005 11:47 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

1 Attachment(s)
Queen of Thailand with Diamond Fringe Tiara

kokeno 06-28-2005 11:51 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

1 Attachment(s)
Diamond Fringe Tiara

kokeno 06-28-2005 11:55 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

4 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Sapphire Suite

kokeno 06-28-2005 11:58 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

4 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Siamese Ruby Necklace

kokeno 06-28-2005 12:03 PM

HM Queen of Thailand

3 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Emerald Pendant

kokeno 06-28-2005 12:09 PM

HM Queen of Thailand

6 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Traditional Thai Gold and Diamond Jewels

Alisa 06-28-2005 05:06 PM

Thank you for all the photos. Her Majesty was certainly stunning in her younger years. As is quite evident in this photo:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=163932

La la 06-28-2005 05:55 PM

I agree, and I like the tiara. It's quite unique. I also love all the gold jewelry she's wearing on post #7. They really stand out. Thanks for posting these lovely pictures kokeno.

Sean.~ 06-28-2005 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
Thank you for all the photos. Her Majesty was certainly stunning in her younger years. As is quite evident in this photo:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=163932

Indeed, she was quit stunning. I have friends that live in Thailand who send me magazines devoted to the RF on a regular basis. Her Majesty has quit the collection of jewels, all of superb quality. Much larger and much more glittering than most of the European royal houses.

Alisa 06-28-2005 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean.~
Much larger and much more glittering than most of the European royal houses.

Interesting. A few weeks ago a poster posted pictures of the royal jewels from the royal women in Brunei and they were far more impressive than some of the most impressive in the European royal houses.

kokeno 06-29-2005 03:38 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

4 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Modern Diamond Tiara/ Necklace

***** Comment ******

1. with the sapphires.

2. closer look.

3. with Empress Michiko of Japan

4. worn as a necklace.

kokeno 06-29-2005 03:44 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

2 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Ruby Suite

1. The Queen is seen wearing a ruby and diamond suite, with the modern tiara, at the State Banquet to celebrate the Silver Jubilee of the Kalantan Royals in April 2004

2. With the Raja Perempuan of Kalantan

kokeno 06-29-2005 03:48 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

1 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Ruby / Emerald Necklace

Another necklace in the contemporary Thai design, using cabochon rubies and emeralds on 24 carat gold settings. The colour combination is quite unusual, but such houses as Cartier and Van Cleef and Arpels have used this combination before in jewels with Indian inspiration. The Queen is seen wearing the necklace with the emerald drop earrings.

kokeno 06-29-2005 03:54 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

1 Attachment(s)
Queen Sirikit's Diamond Floral Tiara
The Floral diamond tiara looks as though it can be worn as a necklace. It is again an assumption on my part. The tiara has not been seen recently.

kokeno 06-29-2005 04:37 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

6 Attachment(s)
MODERN DIAMOND TIARA

Queen of Thailand.

kokeno 06-29-2005 04:40 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

Quote:

Originally Posted by kokeno
Queen Sirikit's Siamese Ruby Necklace

Refer to pic no# 1 and no#3

A glamourous Queen Sirikit, her hair covered with little diamond stars.

kokeno 06-29-2005 04:46 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

1 Attachment(s)
GOLDEN THAI TIARA

HM Queen Sirikit is wearing a golden thai tiara. It looks a lot like the traditional thai tiara she wears rather frequently but unlike the other this one is made of gold.

Sean.~ 06-29-2005 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
Interesting. A few weeks ago a poster posted pictures of the royal jewels from the royal women in Brunei and they were far more impressive than some of the most impressive in the European royal houses.

They are indeed very impressive and of superb quality (since much of it is new, and thus better cut & of better colour and clarity). However, I find some of the Brunei pieces a bit too gaudy & noveau riche for my tastes.

kokeno 06-29-2005 05:12 AM

HM Queen of Thailand

5 Attachment(s)
TRADITIONAL THAI TIARA

Tiaras were common in Europe but were only introduced to Siamese Royals during King Rama V's reign, probably after his travels in Europe. Though King Rama V's queens and consorts were in pocessions of some beautiful tiaras, they were only worn as necklaces. This is a traditional diamond thai tiara, worn by Her Majesty Queen Sirikit, it has also been worn by her husbands first cousin, HRH Princess Bejaratana. (refer to last picture)