The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Märtha Louise and Ari Behn and family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/)
-   -   Leah Isadora's Baptism (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f115/leah-isadoras-baptism-6243.html)

liv 06-09-2005 08:53 AM

The godparents has been chosen.

Godparents chosen

Queen Sonja will carry her granddaughter to the baptismal font at the palace chapel next Thursday when Leah Isadora Behn, daughter of Princess Märtha Louise and author Ari Behn, is christened.
The other godparents to Leah Isadora will be Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands, Märtha Louise's friends Gry Brusletto and Katharina Salbu, Ari Behn's brother Espen Bjørshol, Didrik Vigsnæs, (the husband of Princess Märtha Louise's second cousin Marianne Ulrichsen) and Ari Behn's friend composer Jon Andreas Håtun, better known by his stage name Jono El Grande.

Oslo Bishop Ole Christian Kvarme will perform the service and baptismal ceremony.

Laurentien is a surprise for me

source: Aftenposten

liv 06-09-2005 08:56 AM

The confirmation on the royal site:

Leah Isadora Behns faddere

Leah Isadora Behn bæres til dåpen av Hennes Majestet Dronningen. Øvrige faddere er Hennes Kongelige Høyhet Prinsesse Laurentien av Nederland, Gry Brusletto, Katharina Salbu, Espen Bjørshol, Didrik Vigsnæs og Jon Andreas Håtun.

carlota 06-09-2005 08:56 AM

for me as well! i did not know martha and laurentien had a close relationship.

is it common to choose so many godparents in the protestant church?

who were maud's godparents?

HMQueenElizabethII 06-09-2005 09:43 AM

It's so strange that Haakon or Mette marit are not godparents of Leah.But there would be alot of pics on that day.And we would see new hats of Martha Louise,Queen Sonja,Mette Marit and Laurentien too.

norwegianne 06-09-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota

is it common to choose so many godparents in the protestant church?

who were maud's godparents?

It's relatively common to have a lot of godparents/sponsors, yes. The church recommends anything from two to six, I think it was.

Maud's godparents/sponsors are: Princess Alexandra of Berleburg, King Harald, Crown Prince Haakon, Kåre Conradi (Norwegian actor), Trond Giske (Norwegian politician), Marianne Ulrichsen (Märtha's best friend/second cousin) & Anja Sabrina Bjørshol (Ari's sister)

carlota 06-15-2005 03:21 PM

baptism

tomorrow, baptism of leah isadora :)

juliamontague 06-15-2005 03:25 PM

Yeah, can't wait to see cute pics of Leah and Maud.
Julia

liv 06-15-2005 03:54 PM

Does anyone know if the christening will be broadcasted?

norwegianne 06-15-2005 06:16 PM

It doesn't say anywhere in the reports I've seen. NRK has a news report at noon, which is when the christening will start, but I think this will very much be a low key affair. It isn't like when Maud Angelica was christened as the first of the King's grandchildren, when one didn't know about Ingrid Alexandra's arrival, and was the first female born with rights to the throne after the change in law.

It's not a national affair, but a family event.

Emma69 06-16-2005 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota

According to this article Princess Märtha Louise has known Princess Laurentien some years now, and is happy for her friendship. They meet as often as they can. She praises her for being a "flott dame" = great lady!

And here is the article...
http://www.aftenposten.no/nyheter/ko...cle1060715.ece

Larzen 06-16-2005 06:51 AM

9 Attachment(s)
1-3 and 5 Märtha and her family

4 Pia Haraldsen, not as sl***y as last time but still not exactly elegant for a church service

6-9 the christening

Danielle 06-16-2005 07:12 AM

Thank you norwegianne for translating the article and Larzen for the photos. I admire how honest Märtha is about personal issues, such as childbirth and how she and Ari go about raising their children. Oh no! Not Pia. She looks horrible. Definitely not an outfit for a Christening! Anyway, this is my favourite photo. Aww! They all look really lovely. ML is wearing a really pretty pink suit, and Angelica looks so cute. :p Hmm, in the first photo, all the women are wearing pink; is that a coincidence?

sm1939 06-16-2005 07:17 AM

where are haakon and mette marit , ???

norwegianne 06-16-2005 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
Thank you norwegianne for translating the article and Larzen for the photos. I admire how honest Märtha is about personal issues, such as childbirth and how she and Ari go about raising their children. Oh no! Not Pia. She looks horrible. Definitely not an outfit for a Christening! Anyway, this is my favourite photo. Aww! They all look really lovely. ML is wearing a really pretty pink suit, and Angelica looks so cute. :p Hmm, in the first photo, all the women are wearing pink; is that a coincidence?

I love that photo too.

HMQueenElizabethII 06-16-2005 07:33 AM

4 Attachment(s)
From ANP photo:

Larzen 06-16-2005 07:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)
1 The Queen (with an elegant hat for a change) holding her granddaughter during the christening

2 All the Godparents and parents, and grandparents

No outragous hats in sights so far, but we still dont now what Mette-Marit is wearing;) Märtha Looks beautiful and I love how she dressed Maud Angelica (not in pink:D )

carlota 06-16-2005 08:09 AM

i think mette marit is the one in the bottom left corner in black in your last picture... isnt she? and yes, if she is the one i think she is wearing another of those outrageous hats...

Danielle 06-16-2005 08:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A photo from Getty Images.

I must say, Laurentien looks pretty in green, but I don't know about that hat.

KikkiB 06-16-2005 09:02 AM

From Hello! about the christening

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...anchristening/

Anna_R 06-16-2005 09:03 AM

2 Attachment(s)
http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...anchristening/

NORWEGIAN ROYALS CHRISTEN LITTLE LEAH ISADORA

16 JUNE 2005

Princess Martha Louise of Norway and her husband Ari Behn celebrated a landmark day in the life of their second little girl Leah Isadorah when the two-month-old was baptised at the Royal Palace chapel on Thursday.

Martha Louise, dressed in pink, held the couple's elder daughter, Maud Angelica, while dad Ari cradled little Leah in his arms as the family arrived. It was Queen Sonja, however, who took the infant in her arms at the altar as the christening took place.

Martha Louise recently explained the origins of her little girl's unusual name – her second moniker was inspired by Isadora Duncan and as far as the baby's first name is concerned, she quipped: "I've always been a big fan of Star Wars – Princess Leia has always been the most beautiful in the whole world!"

Leah Isadora, King Harald and Queen Sonja's third grandchild, is fifth in line to the throne.

1. Princess Martha Louise carries elder daughter Maud Angelica as husband Ari Behn cradles two-month-old Leah Isadora
2. The ceremony, held in the chapel of the Royal Palace, was also attended by recently recuperated King Harald and his wife, Queen Sonja