The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/)
-   -   Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: June 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f219/prince-felipe-and-princess-letizia-current-events-part-9-june-2005-a-6206.html)

Anna_R 06-13-2005 06:50 PM

Prince Felipe and Princess Letizia, Current Events Part 9: June 2005
 
Welcome to the new thread about Felipe and Letizia.

The old thread can be found here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=6014

Have fun:

rchainho 06-13-2005 07:06 PM

the outfit is always the same from felipe varela. Why letizia doesn't change the style? :confused:

Alisa 06-13-2005 07:22 PM

Thank you for all the photos. Jaime's family is certainly beautiful.:)

The color look very nice on Letizia, however I think that she should give those Felipe Varela outfits a break now. She has the outfits in sooo many colors.She should wear some more outfits from the other designers that she has worn in the past.

carlota 06-13-2005 08:59 PM

let's hope she hears us alisa... i'm really really bored of seeing her with practically the same outfit every day :)
maybe some trousers again... she liked them before but it has been a while since she doesnt wear ones. probably she doesnt want us to talk about her outfits and just tries to bore us with the same one.... :)

Anna_R 06-14-2005 08:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yesterday's official photo from the Casa Real website:

Elsa M. 06-14-2005 09:51 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More photos from the award ceremony of the Business Prize Jaime FernŠndez de Araoz.
From SeergerPress:

Meredith 06-14-2005 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
let's hope she hears us alisa... i'm really really bored of seeing her with practically the same outfit every day :)
maybe some trousers again... she liked them before but it has been a while since she doesnt wear ones. probably she doesnt want us to talk about her outfits and just tries to bore us with the same one.... :)

Princess Letizia wore pants in 4 occasions, during the last couple of weeks...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...45&postcount=7
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&postcount=64
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&postcount=32
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&postcount=71

It's funny how this girl just canít win: if she wears pants, bad for her, because Princesses donít wear pants; if she doesnít, bad for her, because she looks better in themÖ You canít please everybody...

Letizia has clearly made a choice and itís clear that sheís not working to be recognized as a fashion icon. Everybody who has actually met her has pointed out her overwhelming intelligence and perfectionism, the way she and the Prince are aware of every little aspect of the institution they are visiting. Itís more than clear what is her goal.

If people donít like her clothes, then you are watching the wrong PrincessÖ you have many other fashionable princesses, to look at the ultimate trends.

I myself admire Letizia for being a beautiful, modern and elegant woman, but the most important thing I love about her is not her last Prada dress, or the new hat she picked to come out of her golden palace. I come to the Spanish Forums, to look for a man and woman with State responsibilities, who face their job with a remarkable working ethic and professionalism. And I bet thatís the way Letizia wants to be admired.

As someone said before, you are what you do, and Letizia is not making photo shoots, nor attending fashion shows; she's visiting universities and attending conferences on Business and Finance.

Too boring? Well, there's plenty of other women out there you can look instead. For me and the people who like to follow Letizia, that's the way we like her:)

Elsa M. 06-14-2005 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M.
The Royal House confirmed yesterday to TRIBUNA that the Princes of Asturias, Don Felipe and DoŮa Letizia, have "predicted their attendance" to the Honoris Causa Doctorate of the Chilean President, Ricardo Lagos, in Salamanca, next Thursday June 16th.

http://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ile_350756.htm

The president of Chile, Ricardo Lagos, announced today the suspension of his tour to Europe, as a consequence of the earthquake of 7,9 degrees in the Richter scale that yesterday affected the north of Chile. It is the second time that Lagos suspends this European tour, since at the beginning of April he had made the same, due to the death of his mother. Lagos was going to fly on Thursday to Spain, to receive a honoris causa doctorate, by the University of Salamanca; an act which was to be attended by the princes of Asturias.

lucys 06-14-2005 12:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Any face to face members on this thread? They've posted some Felipe and Letizia photos.

Here are a few from contrastpress (they are going to make such lovely parents.)

Larzen 06-14-2005 12:38 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Here you go Lucys:) Its so sad to see such a young woman with three children widowed at such a young age

carlota 06-14-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meredith
Princess Letizia wore pants in 4 occasions, during the last couple of weeks...
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...45&postcount=7
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&postcount=64
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&postcount=32
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&postcount=71

It's funny how this girl just canít win: if she wears pants, bad for her, because Princesses donít wear pants; if she doesnít, bad for her, because she looks better in themÖ You canít please everybody...

that's not true. many times i said how much i liked her outfits. when i dont like them i just say it as well (fact that normally doesn't apply to the fans who obviously sometimes can't admit something was wrong or not so nice and always seem to notice the nice and lovely side of their "idols"). the fact that letizia chose not to be a fashion icon doesn't mean we can't say if we like or not what she wears.

i wouldn't like letizia if she was only a fashion icon and did not do anything valuable for spain, but i don't like when that fashion icon ends up being mere representation in the same way i think all the time trousers is not that nice and all the time the same type of skirt is not that nice either (she has some lovely different outfits she wore only once and does not seem to want to use them anymore, which is a real pity because some of them were just gorgeous and different from the repeated ones). i think she looks correct always, protocolar and adequate for a princess but she doesnt seem to want to risk in what she wears and try something new.

but anyway... as letizia is not my cup of tea i guess there will be always something wrong in my opinion...

however, this that you wrote meredith is quite interesting and i also share your opinion about it

Quote:

I myself admire Letizia for being a beautiful, modern and elegant woman, but the most important thing I love about her is not her last Prada dress, or the new hat she picked to come out of her golden palace. I come to the Spanish Forums, to look for a man and woman with State responsibilities, who face their job with a remarkable working ethic and professionalism. And I bet thatís the way Letizia wants to be admired.

As someone said before, you are what you do, and Letizia is not making photo shoots, nor attending fashion shows; she's visiting universities and attending conferences on Business and Finance.

Elsa M. 06-14-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Its so sad to see such a young woman with three children widowed at such a young age

It is, isn't it? I was shocked too, when I saw her... I thought she was much older, but we can see she's all youth and with three adorable children to raise... Very sad indeed.

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 06-14-2005 01:45 PM

As much as I am tired of seeing Varela again and again, I didn't really mind this outfit too much because I love the colours she chose. The bag's cute, the shoes are great and the colours looked really good together.

The mother did look very young and it is sad that she's widowed. It was a bit mean (I thought anyway), the way F&L just took two of her children aside and excluded her from the photos! Unintentionally I'm sure, but it still didn't look too good...

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=158979

However I agree, they will both make lovely parents.

carlota 06-14-2005 03:57 PM

this purse was nice http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=158982

i was now thinking about this woman with he three kids... where did you read she is widowed?

lula 06-14-2005 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
this purse was nice http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=158982

i was now thinking about this woman with he three kids... where did you read she is widowed?


Jaime Fernandez de Araoz, was his husband, I believe that he died towards a pair of years in a traffic accident, and seems that in addition he was friend of the Prince.

Elsa M. 06-14-2005 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
i was now thinking about this woman with he three kids... where did you read she is widowed?

Here:
http://www.invertia.com/noticias/not...oticia=1304842
The Prize is organized for the first time with the support of the family of Jaime FernŠndez Araoz, who died in a car accident in 2003, at the age of 37 years old.

Emily 06-14-2005 04:17 PM

Thank you for the information on Jaime Fernandez Araoz. I, too, was sorry to see such a young woman widowed and wondered what had caused her husband's death.

Lena 06-14-2005 06:47 PM

In a german newspaper (FAZ) Iīve read a column. In this column a journalist made fun of tabloids and in it he mentioned among other things, that according to a german tabloid, Felipe has chosen "la Jefa" (=the boss) as pet name for his wife.
Is there any hint that this could be true? If so, Iīd think itīs funny...and would show, that Felipe has some sort of humour...:D

Elsa M. 06-14-2005 07:13 PM

Lena, that rumour was originally published by the Spanish newspaper El Confidencial.
Here's the article, as posted by rchainho:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&postcount=105

Lena 06-14-2005 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M.
Lena, that rumour was originally published by the Spanish newspaper El Confidencial.
Here's the article, as posted by rchainho:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...&postcount=105

Thank you...I see, Iīm a bit behind. Is El confidencial.com a reliable source?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises