The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Norway (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/)
-   -   Official Visit from Sweden June 10-11, 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f16/official-visit-from-sweden-june-10-11-2005-a-6154.html)

Larzen 06-09-2005 05:16 AM

Official Visit from Sweden June 10-11, 2005

June 10-11th

The Swedish King and Queen accompanied by Crown Princess Victoria will pay an official visit to Norway. The main purpose of the visit is to open the new bridge between Norway and Sweden and the new Nobel Peace center. This is the program for the visit translated from www.kongehuset.no

Quote:

June 10
The Norwegian King and Queen, Crown Prince and Crown Princess arrives at Svinesund (me: i suppose the swedish royal arrives at the same time)

The King of Norway and The King of Sweden open the new Svinesund bridge between Norway and Sweden

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit Oslo Town Hall for a celebration meeting

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the ship Götheborg at the Townhall Pier in Oslo

The Norwegian King and Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden, Princess Märtha Louise, Princess Ragnhild and Princess Astrid takes part in the gala dinner at the palace

June 11
The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden visit the open palace exhibition at Oscarshall

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the opening of the New Nobel Peace center

The Norwegian Queen, the King and Queen of Sweden the Crown Prince and Crown Princess of Norway and The Crown Princess of Sweden is present for the unveiling of the statue\bust of Torgny Segerstedt, Voksenåsen, Oslo

The King and Queen of Sweden offer a lunch to the King and Queen of Norway

The Swedish Press release from www.royalcourt.se translated by me

Quote:

King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia inagurates the Svinesund bridge together with the Norwegian royal couple on june 10th. The inaguration is part of the 100th anniverary for the disolution of the Union between Sweden and Norway. The Ceremony is the start of the official visit the King and Queen will make to Norway.The minister of forreign affairs Laila Freivalds will also take part in the visit

Lena 06-09-2005 06:07 AM

Thank you for translating, Larzen.
When you could see me now, you would see a twinkle in my eyes...a gala dinner with the complete norwegian RF and the highest ranked members of the swedish RF-a real highlight before the summer break.

Larzen 06-10-2005 05:04 AM

3 Attachment(s)
First picture. from NRK

The video is in this link if you are registered
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/n...d/4815601.html

Victoria is wearing her Japan coat and a ponytail, Mette-Marit continues her liberal interpetation of what a hat is. Silvia looks elegant and Sonja is wearing a god awful hat again

Two more from aftonbladet

Lena 06-10-2005 08:09 AM

Hmm, in a way one should almost praise Sonja for her choice...it can´t be easy to find such an awful hat :rolleyes:
I´m not too fond of the other hats. In a way MM´s futuristic "I´ve cleaned my bird cage"-creation is the best choice.
In the NRK-video (which is still online) I´ve seen MM curtsying to Victoria. Does the protocol expect/say this (???)

Larzen 06-10-2005 08:25 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Yes I also saw her curtesy to Victoria right after she curtesyd to the King and Queen. I dont think she needed to do that and it looked like Victoria was a little suprised as well. It looked sort of like and afterreaction after they tried to kiss each other under Victorias GIANT hat.

carlota 06-10-2005 08:51 AM

is that coat mm is using the same one as the one she wore in the concert or the one in iceland?

Dennism 06-10-2005 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
First picture. from NRK

The video is in this link if you are registered
http://www.nrk.no/nyheter/distrikt/n...d/4815601.html

Victoria is wearing her Japan coat and a ponytail, Mette-Marit continues her liberal interpetation of what a hat is. Silvia looks elegant and Sonja is wearing a god awful hat again

Two more from aftonbladet

It´s ironic in a way. Unlike Spain, hat wearing has a tradition and is common among the Scandinavian royals. Yet Sonja, Silvia, Mette-Marit and Victoria are not known for their hats. Well, in a really good way. :) Mette-Marit´s hats are always the most interesting among European royals though. Thanks for the photos.

Dennism 06-10-2005 08:56 AM

I take some of that back. Queen Silvia´s hats have been good before. Nothing spectacular or really bold but just okay.

carlota 06-10-2005 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
It´s ironic in a way. Unlike Spain, hat wearing has a tradition and is common among the Scandinavian royals. Yet Sonja, Silvia, Mette-Marit and Victoria are not known for their hats. Well, in a really good way. :) Mette-Marit´s hats are always the most interesting among European royals though. Thanks for the photos.

i read somewhere that mm doesn't like wearing hats... is that true?

Larzen 06-10-2005 09:16 AM

I have written that I dont think she likes them since she prefers dead birds and dustbusters like today, some fashionistas in Norwegian papers has also written that they dont think she likes hats since she only wears them when it is absolutly necessary. We can ofcourse only speculate.

The coat is new I belive.

pdas1201 06-10-2005 09:24 AM

I see what you all mean about the hats, its seems to be a competition between the royal ladies to compete with each other to see who wears the worst hats. I believe Mette Marit is in the lead, with Sonja a close second, followed by Silvia and Victoria.

Also, has anyone noticed Mette Marit is wearing the same shoes which she wore for at least the previous 2-3 engagements, sorta reminds of Victoria's white shoes which, in my opinion, had to be surgically removed....shudder....

pdas1201 06-10-2005 09:37 AM

4 Attachment(s)
From various sources

carlota 06-10-2005 10:11 AM

i actually liked today's "hat". she has wore worst ones. i think this one is ok...

i really can't wait for the gala to see victoria, mette marit and martha louise in dresses and tiaras... :)

Lena 06-10-2005 11:18 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Pictures from ANB (thanks to Larzen for giving me the link)

Lena 06-10-2005 11:20 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Pictures from ANB, Part II

sm1939 06-10-2005 11:22 AM

I think Princess mette marit's outfit is nice , but that hat doesnt do her any favour's!

Lena 06-10-2005 11:22 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Pictures from ANB, Part III

liv 06-10-2005 11:39 AM

Why did Mette-Marit curtsey to Victoria?The are both Crown Princess,I thought they only have to curtsey to a Sovereign.

Gita 06-10-2005 12:56 PM

Oufits

Queen Silvia looked lovely! I liked Victoria's suit and the other Royal ladies. :)

Hannelore 06-10-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv
Why did Mette-Marit curtsey to Victoria?The are both Crown Princess,I thought they only have to curtsey to a Sovereign.

The only crown princess in Europe is Victoria, all the others are wives of a crownprince. Which is not the same. They will never reign, Victoria will.