The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Caroline and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/)
-   -   The Casiraghi Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f36/the-casiraghi-family-6139.html)

Alice Vilghelmina 06-07-2005 09:37 AM

The Casiraghi Family

2 Attachment(s)
There is almost not info about another Casiraghi's grandparents, parents of Stefano.
I've just found some words of Fernanda Casiraghi about her grand children.

"Andrea is the alive portrait of his father and our pride ", says Fernanda Casiraghi, his paternal grandmother. " From his birth, Andrea was the exact copy of my son Stefano ". Despite he is laconic, he is more affectionate among sublings, in her opinion.

Fernanda Casiraghi about Char:

"Carlotta the most sweet and scrupulous, even too strict ".

Andrea saw the portrait of his father at age 16 with long hair in his grandmother Fernanda's house. Upon his request, Fernanda gave him the photo that he treasures to this day on his bedside table. He is said to often gaze at the picture as he combs his hair.

1. GrandMa
2. GrandMa and her another son

liv 06-07-2005 09:46 AM

Stefano´s parents are Fernanda and Giancarlo Casiraghi. Giancarlo died in 1998. Caroline attended with her mother in law at the memorial service for Giancarlo..

I remember that I heard an interview with Fernanda and they asked her how she feels about Caroline marrying again and that she will have another baby now.Fernanda answered that Caroline has suffered so much in her life and she had rather difficult times when Stefano died that she wishes her all the best and that she deserve to be happy. About the new baby she said that Caroline is a wonderful mother and every child would want Caroline as its mother.

Alice Vilghelmina 06-07-2005 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv
I remember that I heard an interview with Fernanda and they asked her how she feels about Caroline marrying again and that she will have another baby now.Fernanda answered that Caroline has suffered so much in her life and she had rather difficult times when Stefano died that she wishes her all the best and that she deserve to be happy. About the new baby she said that Caroline is a wonderful mother and every child would want Caroline as its mother.

Such wise mother-in-law!
Thanks, Liv!!!!

Piewi 06-07-2005 01:06 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Some pics of Fernanda and marco

monaco70s 06-07-2005 01:11 PM

When and where were the 2 pics of Fernanda with the blue dress taken? The second one looks definetly like the Sporting Club's entrance but the first one nope.

Piewi 06-07-2005 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monaco70s
When and where were the 2 pics of Fernanda with the blue dress taken? The second one looks definetly like the Sporting Club's entrance but the first one nope.

The first was taken in 12/04/2003, in the photo agancy says: GALA' DELLA S0LIDARIETA' COMUNQUE E SEMPRE (SOS) - FERNANDA CASIRAGHI

The second, taken 1/11/1998 says: BALLO IN ONORE DI CAMILLA CROCIANI E CARLO DI BORBONE A MONTECARLO

Monaco70s i love your avatar!!!!!:D

monaco70s 06-07-2005 11:37 PM

Thanks Piewi I'm glad you liked it :D Thanks for the picture info :)

iceflower 06-08-2005 03:54 AM

What a touching pic, the first one Alice posted:
Fernanda with the huge pics...That one goes
right to one's heart.

CasiraghiTrio 08-05-2005 05:58 AM

Do the Casiraghi Trio even like Fernanda? Her info. about them seems always to be outdated, as if she has not seen them for many years! And she speaks about them to the press. I wonder if they resent that. She acts like their mouthpiece in the media. I am sure Char is appreciative of her paternal grandparents, as her $7 million island was a gift from Giancarlo, but still....... Do they like Fernanda the Elder?

I know they definitely seem to like Fernanda the Younger, their cousin, and they seem to have gotten along well with Uncle Marco at the various Grand Prix formula one events.

hillary_nugent 08-05-2005 07:09 AM

i don't think the Casiraghi trio are really close to their paternal grandmother...i mean as a grandmother wouldn't you have formal portrait pictures of your grandchildren? the portraits she has seem to be blown up snaps of paparazzis...but its certain she loves her grandchildren especially Andrea =)

what does she mean by Charlotte being too strict? Charlotte to strict on herself? ^^

Piewi 08-05-2005 01:58 PM

I think that after Stefano died, Caroline took her children to the grandparent´s house for some time. But now they have to decide if they want to visit her. And there is the problem.
Fernanda loves her grandchildren, Andrea seems to be her favourite. And if she gave that interview wasn´t in a bad way. And sure the trio love their familly
They didn´t enjoy his paternal familly very much: Andrea was only six years old when his father died :(. And they meet their cousins sometimes (at least andrea with fernanda) but the main conexion with them is over :(

CasiraghiTrio 08-05-2005 03:59 PM

connection not over

Doesn't Marco live in Monaco? He's always at the F1 Grand Prix, I think. And Fernanda (the cousin, not the grandmother) was seen with the trio and company several times on Lamu, and of course, as mentioned already, with Andy in Paris a few years ago. So I don't think there is distance between the trio and ALL of the Casiraghi family. I think the distance is exclusively for the grandmother because, I agree that it is very odd that the only pics she has of them in her home are blown up paparazzi pics. She actually has that very over-exposed pic of Char in the pashmina scarf at the 2000 F1 Grand Prix!!

ailstalia 08-05-2005 06:39 PM

maybe she just likes those pictures more... and perhaps the casiraghis dont have more formal portraits at this time? If they do, they haven't leaked out. Their paternal grandmother isn't well known so we can really say shes their mouthpiece to the trio. she seems nice and understanding from her interview.

moby 08-05-2005 11:34 PM

and perhaps she has tons of pics of her grandkids that aren't paparazzi pics that we don't know of...

CasiraghiTrio 08-06-2005 12:06 AM

Yeah....... I suppose it's possible that the grandmother put away the private photos and replaced them with public ones for the sake of the interview. She might not have wanted to expose her private pictures to public viewing.

Grace 08-07-2005 07:04 PM

The Casiraghi Trio have a very close relationship with their "italian family", and their grandmother does not speak with the press so often; Italian journalists always contact her when something huge happens (Caro's marriage, Rainier's death) and she just answers with a polite short statement...the last time she gave a real interview was for the tenth anniversary of Stefano's death, and I think she did it because in some ways she wants her son not to be forgotten.
But shje is very private, never in the press, and together with her sons Marco and Daniele she takes care of Stefano's business for her grandchildren's sake!

Kisses

Grace 07-03-2006 05:57 PM

I don't know if Caro is Afra's godmother, sorry. I can only make conjectures, like many of you: I guess Afra is more than 23 years old, and in this case Caro couldn't be her godmother as she only got together with Stefano in 1983. If on the contrary Afra is younger than I think, it is possible that she is infact Caro's goddaughter.
BTW, some years ago, on some occasion I don't remember (maybe Rainier was ill, or something of the kind) in a short interview Marco's wife said her daughter was with Caro, so I guess they must be pretty close...
I'm sorry I couldn't help more...

Ianna 07-04-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grace
I don't know if Caro is Afra's godmother, sorry. I can only make conjectures, like many of you: I guess Afra is more than 23 years old, and in this case Caro couldn't be her godmother as she only got together with Stefano in 1983. If on the contrary Afra is younger than I think, it is possible that she is infact Caro's goddaughter.

I also tend to think that Afra is older then her Casiraghi cousins. In this picture which was taken in 1993 before or after memorial mass for Stefano, it's obvious that both girls are at least 2, 3 or more years older then Charlotte. Althought on Townsend's website aren't mentioned the names of the girls it could be Fernanda and Afra Casiraghi. Link; http://i6.tinypic.com/16lznuf.jpg

As for godmother, Princess Caroline could be Afra's Confirmation godmother, not neccessary baptizm's godmother. Of course, that are only my thoughts..;)

towsend 07-04-2006 05:22 PM

I also thought of that Picture Ianna. I know it's her cousin's but I don't know their names. I aslo found some pix where she also on it . (maybe)
This is the link. http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...998/index.html
Look at the "1998, jan Funeral", behind Andrea.

CasiraghiTrio 07-04-2006 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by towsend
I also thought of that Picture Ianna. I know it's her cousin's but I don't know their names. I aslo found some pix where she also on it . (maybe)
This is the link. http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...998/index.html
Look at the "1998, jan Funeral", behind Andrea.

These girls..http://charlottemaripomeline.web-log...ian_dood_7.jpg (Townsend's site) I agree with Ianna and Townsend that they must be Fernanda and Afra.
Oh, Townsend, you have a pic on there under which you say "Is this Melanie?" I think it is.I used to think it was Juliette but now think it's very possible it's Melanie as you propose.
Do you guys remember the pics of Andrea with his Casiraghi cousin in Paris from 2000? Ernst and Daniele Casiraghi were behind them. At worldroots, it says that this cousin is Fernanda, but she looks sooo much like these newest pics of Afra (from the wedding.) Is she Fernanda or Afra? What do you think?

ntg486 07-17-2006 03:07 PM

Which photos? I have never seen photos of cousin Daniele Casiraghi!!! Where can I found that photos?

Tosca 07-19-2006 09:39 AM

Fernanda and Giancarlo Casiraghi attended a dinner to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the Fino Mornasco band in 1996 (source: gruppo musicale G.Verdi Fino M.)
http://img24.imagevenue.com/loc314/t...na01_314lo.jpg
http://img31.imagevenue.com/loc474/t...na05_474lo.jpg

Fernanda Casiraghi at the 2005 Christmas dinner party organized by the G. Verdi band whose council she is a honorary member ( gruppo musicale G. Verdi Fino M.)
http://img136.imagevenue.com/loc489/...0802_489lo.JPG

Tosca 11-28-2006 10:48 AM

Rosalba Casiraghi, Stefano's sister (from dagospia)
http://aycu25.webshots.com/image/658...3729359_rs.jpg

rosana 11-28-2006 03:37 PM

She´s beautiful! Is it recent? And di you have pics of Stefano´s nieces?

christinacg 11-28-2006 09:47 PM

Thanks so much for a picture of his sister! I actually didn't even know he had one. She's very pretty. Do you know how old she is? And does she have children?

Tosca 11-29-2006 09:40 AM

I only know she's a business woman. Sorry!
I guess she must be in her early 40s.

rerehh 11-29-2006 02:52 PM

Not to be spoken English, so to pardon if this badly expressed. The Stefano sister must be 50 years old or but, since Stefano was the small brother and now tendria 46. I have seen some photo of rosalba in magazines, and the truth is that it was not like that. Safe stays that that is the sister?

Grace 11-29-2006 03:54 PM

Rosalba must be 55 or so now, because, as Rerehh said Stefano would now be 46, and he was by far the youngest of the siblings (I think Rosalba is the second after Marco, but i'm not sure)...

Tosca 11-30-2006 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rerehh
Not to be spoken English, so to pardon if this badly expressed. The Stefano sister must be 50 years old or but, since Stefano was the small brother and now tendria 46. I have seen some photo of rosalba in magazines, and the truth is that it was not like that. Safe stays that that is the sister?

In that picture she looks a lot like her mother Fernanda. Perhaps that picture isn't a recent one.

assia 11-30-2006 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosca
In that picture she looks a lot like her mother Fernanda. Perhaps that picture isn't a recent one.

How many siblings were they ? I Know only Marco and Stefano

Tosca 11-30-2006 11:13 AM

I think, but I'm not 100% sure, they have another brother named Daniele.

rerehh 12-01-2006 08:41 PM

I have a book abaut carolina and puts that Stefano has three brothers, marco, rosalba and Daniel

Again sorry by my English, I wait for q is understood

hsieh 12-03-2006 02:33 PM

does the casiraghi trio speak english with an american accent like their mom?

rosana 12-03-2006 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsieh
does the casiraghi trio speak english with an american accent like their mom?

We don´t know their voices. You can hear just Andrea on the thread about videos. It´s from his visit to Philippines. I think he has a strong french accent.

Tosca 12-21-2006 09:07 AM

Mrs. Fernanda Casiraghi was also attending the Christmas concert in Monaco (DIVAeDONNA)

http://aycu22.webshots.com/image/770...2272169_rs.jpg

christinacg 12-21-2006 12:27 PM

^She's looking good!

Tosca 12-21-2006 12:49 PM

She is. I saw her interviewed on the TV a couple of days ago. She's aging beautifully!

tbhrc 01-19-2007 01:45 AM

Here is an old picture of Daniele, Fernanda, Giancarlo and Rosalba Casiraghi.

christinacg 01-19-2007 10:37 AM

Great find tbhrc!

rerehh 01-19-2007 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tbhrc
Here is an old picture of Daniele, Fernanda, Giancarlo and Rosalba Casiraghi.

I cannot see the photo :bang:

CasiraghiTrio 03-29-2007 09:36 AM

I met Stefano's nephew, Marco's son. He's a very handsome guy and has a pretty girlfriend. I can't remember the name of his school but he is definitely very 'jet set'. He went to Berlin Film Festival with some gal pals, including his g/f. He's a very reserved guy but friendly. He looks a lot more like Stefano than Marco. It's funny how that happens occasionally in families.:rolleyes:

rosana 03-29-2007 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I met Stefano's nephew, Marco's son. He's a very handsome guy and has a pretty girlfriend. I can't remember the name of his school but he is definitely very 'jet set'. He went to Berlin Film Festival with some gal pals, including his g/f. He's a very reserved guy but friendly. He looks a lot more like Stefano than Marco. It's funny how that happens occasionally in families.:rolleyes:

Can you tell me when and where and how didi you know it was him .Thanks

CasiraghiTrio 03-29-2007 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rosana
Can you tell me when and where and how didi you know it was him .Thanks

The thing is, I believe I said too much already. I thought you might be interested. I can't in good conscience reveal any but those shallow details. All I can say is I know it was him because I know who I was speaking to, looking at. There is no question of identities. He did not say anything that made me think this, but I had the impression he does not see much of the "trio" although they all love each other as they ought and we might expect. He did say he is close to his cousin Fernanda; I think they might be best friends, actually. Of other family members, such as his sister (Afra) I can't say but I'm sure he is close to them. He did not speak of the "trio"; all I said above is just personal speculation. I remember the name of his school but again, I am sure I said too much. I did not mean to get into details. I think I've already overstepped what is appropriate. I just know that I was always curious about the Casiraghis, and thought they seemed like a cool family, and they are. They are wealthy but quite lowkey and private. They don't go around "showing off" their status or anything. It's quite refreshing to see that.

Beatrice 03-30-2007 05:37 AM

CasiraghiTrio i wish that one day you meet the Trio too.i know that you want this badly,we all do.thanks for sharing:flowers: :flowers:

CasiraghiTrio 03-30-2007 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatrice
CasiraghiTrio i wish that one day you meet the Trio too.i know that you want this badly,we all do.thanks for sharing:flowers: :flowers:

You're very welcome. I wish I could share more without feeling like terrible scum. :lol: It sucks to be a person with (even a marginal) moral sense, doesn't it? I imagine it would be much more fun to be naughty and blabby. :rofl: On the bright side, though, there isn't much of a temptation. It's not like any tabloid would offer any amount if I was a scum of the earth. They hardly care about the "trio" much less their obscure cousins. Haha.
I only met GM and (briefly) Fernanda, but not Afra or anyone else.

I can confirm what we long suspected, though, which is that Fernanda is daughter of Stefano's brother Daniel and Pierre's godmother, Laura. She has blonde hair and she's about five years older than Andrea. It was Afra, not Fernanda that Andrea and Charlotte were photographed with in 2001, in Lamu, and also in Paris. Although on Worldroots, it says Fernanda, that person was Afra. Marco's family certainly always seemed rather close to "the trio". I may be wrong, but I think Fernanda is something of a "socialite". She goes to fashion shows and St Moritz and the like. She's very beautiful.

maya35 03-30-2007 09:05 AM

Thank you for the information, CasiraghiTrio:) Don't worry, you haven't said anything personal, just some harmless information, which I do appreciate:) And you are right, revealing information about their cousin's school and everything would be a bit... creepy

Tosca 03-30-2007 11:27 AM

Quote:

They are wealthy but quite lowkey and private. They don't go around "showing off" their status or anything.
Typical people of Brianza (the area around Como and Milan). Reserved but friendly with almost no obsentation of their wealth. Work is a religion to them, and money is a mean, not a goal. Not for nothing that area is Italy's most productive.

CasiraghiTrio 03-30-2007 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maya35
Thank you for the information, CasiraghiTrio:) Don't worry, you haven't said anything personal, just some harmless information, which I do appreciate:) And you are right, revealing information about their cousin's school and everything would be a bit... creepy

Sigh of relief. I am glad you understand. With Gm especially, it's easy to forget he is in high school still, because he is so sophisticated and worldly. I thought he was in college at first...hoped too, until I realized a) he's in high school, and b) has a girlfriend! :lol:
The high school factor definitely confirms for me the inappropriate nature of revealing the name of the school. Also I feel that they have trusted me in a sense. I cannot express enough how truly awestruck I am, not because of their money and connections, but so much more by the magic of their love for each other. I have seen pictures of some of their holidays and I am just brought almost to tears by how fun and sweet they are as a family. I have always heard of the warmth and love of Italian cultures, and I see it here, so strongly. They are hugging each other so much and they just have fun. It's not like my families at all, where we hardly see each other and when we do, there are always fights over stupid matters! :lol:

rosana 03-30-2007 12:44 PM

Thank you for sharing your story Casiraghitrio!

CasiraghiTrio 03-30-2007 02:16 PM

I'm working on a family tree for the "trio" for my site. As far as the Casiraghi branch is concerned, I'm keeping it very minimal, with only the most published and necessary of dates (mostly those relating directly to Stefano) but I think for the basic overview of the family, I will just put birth years, a death year for Giancarlo Casiraghi, and just list the names of the grandchildren. For the trio, I will put full names, birthdates, but for their cousins, only names and, if known, birth years. I will leave the rest to genealogy experts, I guess, though it would be cool to know about their far reaching ancestry. I think that sort of knowledge must be for the most dedicated, though, and the most expert, because Giancarlo and Fernanda came from such humble roots, although I suppose Fernanda was born to slightly better-off situation, as daughter of a factory owner, if memory serves from my reading of the French biography of Stefano, which I still must finish translating for the site. In short, just as with all of the information on my site, there is nothing in the family tree that is not previously published or easily attainable somewhere as open knowledge. There are no "inside info" or any such that was stealthily acquired. On the other hand, if Point du Vue publishes it first, it's fair game, with a citation of course!;)

Tosca 03-31-2007 11:19 AM

Fernanda's maiden name is Pulici, and she was born from a middle class family. Her parents died when she was still very young, so she went to live with her aunt and uncle who owned a factory, that she inherited when her aunt died.

Fernanda Pulici Casiraghi giving a speech as a Honorary Chairwoman of the Fino Mornasco's band (Corpo musicale G. Verdi)

CasiraghiTrio 03-31-2007 11:53 AM

Quote:

Fernanda's maiden name is Pulici, and she was born from a middle class family. Her parents died when she was still very young, so she went to live with her aunt and uncle who owned a factory, that she inherited when her aunt died.

Thanks for the explanation. The bio of Stefano mentions her uncle as a factory owner and that she comes from a comfortable, though not wealthy sort of family. Hola! called her Fernanda Bissi, though, in their article about Afra's wedding. Maybe Bissi is the name of her uncle's family, and Pulici was her father's name? Anyway, I also noticed on a search about her in google that she is President of Monaco's Association for Italian business owners in Monte Carlo.

covdm 03-31-2007 03:36 PM

In an inteview to Fernanda Casiraghi on CHI magazine,they said that her maiden name was Fernanda Biffi..but I don't know if it's true.

Tosca 04-01-2007 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by covdm
In an inteview to Fernanda Casiraghi on CHI magazine,they said that her maiden name was Fernanda Biffi..but I don't know if it's true.

I heard a tv journalist call her Pulici, but Biffi sounds more likeable, because it's a common Lombard name, while Pulici sounds more Piedmontese. I'll check...

Quote:

I also noticed on a search about her in google that she is President of Monaco's Association for Italian business owners in Monte Carlo.
I noticed it too, so she must be a well educated woman as well, since at the time she was young only wealthy people could afford going to university.
Education has always been free since Italy became a Republic, but you know, not so well off people needed to work, therefore lots of kids went to work after finishing the mandatory school.

CasiraghiTrio 04-01-2007 02:52 PM

Quote:

I noticed it too, so she must be a well educated woman as well, since at the time she was young only wealthy people could afford going to university.
Education has always been free since Italy became a Republic, but you know, not so well off people needed to work, therefore lots of kids went to work after finishing the mandatory school.

That seems generally common in other countries, certainly in the US. I think it's a universal truth that education is truly a privilege. To be able to go to university is a great oppurtunity that many, including myself, tend to take for granted. Even where the universities are free, it is often the case because of TIME. The more one has to work for a living, the less time, in general, one has for the pursuit of degrees.

CasiraghiTrio 04-02-2007 02:02 PM

Hey, I just noticed something yesterday. I wanted to share it then but anyway, while I have the chance now and am thinking of it.... There are pictures of Gianmarco which you can easily see in Worldroots. They are old, but actually there is one that is as recent as June 2006. He goes to the F1 Grand Prix in Monaco, it turns out, with his father, Marco. You can see pics of him walking with the Casiraghi trio at the 2001 Grand Prix, and also standing behind Andrea and Tatiana at the 2006. He has blond hair, very handsome.
I had forgotten about those pictures.

CasiraghiTrio 04-05-2007 09:52 PM

Quote:

Rosalba must be 55 or so now, because, as Rerehh said Stefano would now be 46, and he was by far the youngest of the siblings (I think Rosalba is the second after Marco, but i'm not sure)...

You're absolutely right, Grace. Stefano was the second born son, but Marco, first born son, and Rosalba are older than Stefano. Daniel must be the youngest. For sure, Stefano was second born son, as it says in his bio. online.

CasiraghiTrio 04-05-2007 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rerehh
I cannot see the photo :bang:

Try here: http://archive.olycom.it/olycom/foto...08/000001w.jpg
L to R: Daniele, Rosalba, Giancarlo, and Marco attending Stefano's funeral
Source is olycom as tbhrc stated before

Grace 04-06-2007 03:53 AM

No, Stefano was the youngest of the four siblings...or at least Fernanda said so in an interview.

CasiraghiTrio 04-06-2007 12:33 PM

You might be right, probably are right. I am not trying to disagree or argue, but just for the sake of wondering, maybe Fernanda said "youngest son" or "youngest boy". It's just a thought.

Grace 04-06-2007 12:45 PM

I'm sure he was younger than his sister, so if he was the "youngest boy" he must have been the Casiraghi fourth child. I'm sure Marco is the first, but I don't know if the second born is Rosalba or Daniele...I think Rosalba, then Daniele, then several years later Stefano.

CasiraghiTrio 04-06-2007 03:25 PM

Quote:

I'm sure he was younger than his sister, so if he was the "youngest boy" he must have been the Casiraghi fourth child. I'm sure Marco is the first, but I don't know if the second born is Rosalba or Daniele...I think Rosalba, then Daniele, then several years later Stefano.

You're right! My bad. I realized awhile after that post that I had forgotten about Rosalba, whom we can safely say is definitely older than at least Stefano. So you're right, he must have been the youngest child, period. I thought you must be right, but the thought popped in my head, obviously incomplete. So just to be sure I'm up to speed on the same page,
Theory One
1. Marco
2. Rosalba
3. Daniele
4. Stefano
Theory two
1. Marco
2. Daniele
3. Rosalba
4. Stefano

covdm 04-07-2007 07:07 AM

Rosalba Casiraghi in an interview said that her brother Daniele is the youngest of the family..

CasiraghiTrio 04-09-2007 12:40 PM

So we have a theory Trois:
1) Marco
2) Rosalba
3) Stefano
4) Daniele

I actually thought at first Daniele was youngest because in STefano's biography it says he was second-born son. I think somewhere we getting lines crossed though.

Covdm says that Rosalba says Daniele is youngest.
Grace says that Fernanda says Stefano was youngest.

I give you this quote, from Stefano's online bio:
Stefano, leur deuxième enfant, naît
le 8 septembre 1960.

This says that Stefano, the second child, born....etc. "Enfant" is child.
It says second child, not second son, as I said before. I went to double check and this is what I found.
I guess it doesn't matter, but it's interesting how much confusion there is about the Casiraghis' birth order! :lol:

CasiraghiTrio 05-29-2007 04:22 PM

I just noticed this.... old picture of Charlotte with two Casiraghi cousins: Afra and Gianmarco on Lamu in 2001 or 2002 (from hola)

CasiraghiTrio 07-20-2007 01:01 AM

Sorry about the last post. The picture (from Hola.com) is on this page with many other pics of the Casiraghis, including a family tree that I made.

future princess 07-20-2007 01:21 AM

the casiraghi family

what was the name of the island given to charlotte again?? where is it located.

sorry im just soo clueless. hehe.

CasiraghiTrio 07-20-2007 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by future princess (Post 643247)
what was the name of the island given to charlotte again?? where is it located.

sorry im just soo clueless. hehe.

I don't know the name of it, but it is off the coast of Sardinia, and it's tiny, and presently worth USD$9 million, according to the most recent reports about it. I have wondered if it is around where Porto Cervo is. Big ? mark there, though. :flowers:

Tosca 07-20-2007 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 643245)
Sorry about the last post. The picture (from Hola.com) is on this page with many other pics of the Casiraghis, including a family tree that I made.

Great job CasiraghiTrio! Anyway the name of Stefano's brother is spelled Daniele, not Daniel. No hard feelings!;):flowers:

CasiraghiTrio 07-20-2007 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosca (Post 643390)
Great job CasiraghiTrio! Anyway the name of Stefano's brother is spelled Daniele, not Daniel. No hard feelings!;):flowers:

Yeah, the first time I encountered his name it was spelled like you spell it, which I presume is the common Italian spelling, but Hola! spelled it the other way, and the other way seems most commonly used. I'm sure it's better to use the 'real' spelling than the translated (or Anglocized, whatever) spelling. I'll change it. Thanks for pointing it out. :flowers:

ntg486 07-20-2007 10:44 AM

go to grazia neri photo press and there're a lot of photos of Rosalba Casiraghi:

Welcome to the Grazia Neri archive.

CasiraghiTrio 07-29-2007 03:00 PM

Thanks for the grazia link. Those photos of Rosalba are lovely. I wonder what the occasion is. Did she accept a new position, is she retiring or what, perhaps signing on a big corporate merger? Or is there a Casiraghi anniversary coming up?

I am so incredibly stupid sometimes, but now I realize I made the most incredible mistake about Rosalba Casiraghi's husband. I cannot believe I did not notice this before now. I was looking over Stefano's online biography (this one) and it says here that Charlotte's godfather is Massimo Bianchi, Stefano's brother-in-law!
I don't know how I overlooked it. I feel so unashamed. :bang:

Laura Casiraghi, wife of Daniele Casiraghi, godmother of Pierre, holding him at his christening. :flowers:
Source: Townsend

Tosca 08-01-2007 09:01 AM

actor Paolo Casiraghi a distant relative of the Trio. (DIVAeDONNA)

La Bouche d'Or 08-01-2007 09:36 AM

I was wondering if Pierluigi Casiraghi is a relative.

Pierluigi Casiraghi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tosca 08-01-2007 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or (Post 648029)
I was wondering if Pierluigi Casiraghi is a relative.

Pierluigi Casiraghi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No he isn't. Casiraghi is quite a common name in Lombardy.

La Bouche d'Or 08-01-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosca (Post 648036)
No he isn't. Casiraghi is quite a common name in Lombardy.

Oh, ok. Thanks for helping me out :smile:

CasiraghiTrio 08-01-2007 10:49 AM

I wonder the same about Pierluigi the soccer player.
"Massimo Bianchi", Charlotte's godfather and uncle, is probably a common name in Italy, maybe Lombardy, no? There is a rather well-known string theorist (theoretical physicist) by the name, although I doubt he is the same who is Rosalba's husband. :smile:

Tosca 08-01-2007 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 648064)
I wonder the same about Pierluigi the soccer player.
"Massimo Bianchi", Charlotte's godfather and uncle, is probably a common name in Italy, maybe Lombardy, no? There is a rather well-known string theorist (theoretical physicist) by the name, although I doubt he is the same who is Rosalba's husband. :smile:

Bianchi (white) is a very common name all over Italy. I guess it's the second most common after Rossi (red).
As for P.G. Casiraghi - a former Juventus player, and now Italy's Under 21 coach - he's not related to the Trio. He's just their namesake.

La Bouche d'Or 08-01-2007 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tosca (Post 648078)
As for P.G. Casiraghi - a former Juventus player, and now Italy's Under 21 coach - he's not related to the Trio. He's just their namesake.

Just too bad . Wouldn't it be cool for Casiraghis to have a soccer star in their family? ;)

CasiraghiTrio 08-06-2007 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La Bouche d'Or (Post 648102)
Just too bad . Wouldn't it be cool for Casiraghis to have a soccer star in their family? ;)

Yes, I think so. :biggrin: In light of the "fanart" I just made with the brothers playing for Star Team for Children in 2006. (See fanart thread).

CasiraghiTrio 08-22-2007 10:15 AM

Regarding this pic: http://www.hola.com/casasreales/2007...ta-alex5-a.jpg (hola.com)
I will not swear to it, but it did occur to me the first time I saw this, and I still think it's possible, that this girl with Charlotte and Alex in Ibiza is her cousin Marzia. I have only seen a few pics of Marzia on facebook (sorry, I cannot post them, as I don't believe it's appropriate; even if I have them or had access, which I don't, I would not post) but she kind of looks the same.

shappica 08-22-2007 10:40 AM

Who's daughter is Marzia?

CasiraghiTrio 08-22-2007 10:57 AM

I believe Marzia is Daniele and Laura's daughter and sister of Fernanda.

ramfacedgirl 10-01-2007 10:19 AM

um, i was in the same summerschool program as Gianmarco Casiraghi in 2006. It was in Boston (Harvard-MIT OSC IB summerschool program) and (despite of all the hardcore studying)it was so much funnnn (off topic)!

unfortunately, i wasn't really aware of the casiraghi trio back then , so i didn't get the initiative to interrogate him or anything! so stupid!
Few of our friends kept on telling stuff like :" you know Gianmarco is a part of some european royal family blablabla" but i didnt really pay attention to them. ha.
Anyway, he's a really nice guy . really friendly, playful, fun to be around with & all that. a bit of a partyboy yet really smart. always wears bandanna to class, apparently it was "his thing" back then. Guess that's about all i can say, would be inappropriate to say too much since I'm his friend. its just too bad i missed my chance to ask him about his uber hot cousins!

CasiraghiTrio 10-01-2007 01:23 PM

ram, I know exactly what you mean because I met GM too but more recently and he is one of the friendliest and coolest people. I know he finished or finishes high school in Milan this year. He goes or did go to Liceo Giuseppe Parini. Unless there is another "Giuseppe Parini", I guess it is named for the Italian poet. :smile:

ramfacedgirl 10-01-2007 02:23 PM

you met him recently???? wow how was he? still long-haired i presume

yes hes nice & crazyy :D And i guess down to earth, since he didnt mention anything about his famous cousins ....well at least to me (..cause i didnt ask)
& yeah we're in the same grade so he shudve graduated this year as well.
pretty sure he did well on his finals, i remembered he always gets good grades, which pissed me off cause he always stayed out late partying the night before! yet still excel in class hahahaa ...good times.

Anyone here went through the IB (International Baccalaureate) program during high school? SO GLAD IM DONE WITH IT. blah. that program is pure torture

sucks that i have lost contact with most of my summerschool friends tho, guess i should seriously join facebook now, ugh

eh i hope he doesnt read all this post about him lol

CasiraghiTrio 10-01-2007 03:37 PM

Yeah, you should join facebk and look him up as he is on there. He might remember you. He has short hair now though. Still very handsome of course.
There are sometimes even pics of him at the Monaco Grand Prix events lurking around the trio. ;) He was there in 2006 and 2001 for sure, and probably for other years, no doubt. I am pretty sure he was there this year. I just don't remember.

coco 11-11-2007 04:58 PM

Does Rosalba has any children?

CasiraghiTrio 11-12-2007 05:28 PM

I think Rosalba does have children. She is married to one Massimo Bianchi, who is Charlotte's godfather. I don't know anything about their family though.

CasiraghiTrio 01-12-2008 03:20 PM

Gianmarco and Andrea in New York recently, at a party (details unknown except it was probably before the New Year)
http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/8...8934197or3.jpg

CasiraghiTrio 01-15-2008 12:45 AM

I am sorry to discover that some of my links in this thread are broken. I come back to post good and valid substitutes.

Afra's wedding, summer 2006
The bride and Marco
Andrea and Fernanda
Afra walking next to Caroline and Alexandra, who carried the rings
Afra and newlywed Carlo Marchetti
Caroline and Fernanda
Marco, father of the bride :flowers:
Afra talks to Charlotte

* Article from !Hola! online

* Townsend's scanned pictures and article from Hello!
Afra and Carlo are both lawyers. The article on Townsend's website says only that Carlo is a "Milanese lawyer," but I think Afra must also practice law. Unless there is another Afra Casiraghi in the Milanese area.... see here

Lamu, Kenya in 2001
Afra and Gianmarco with Charlotte on the beach
Charlotte, Afra, Andrea
Gianmarco (far left) with Charlotte, Afra, Andrea plus the Hannovers

Paris, February 2000
Afra and Andrea walking in front of Prince Ernst August and Spyros Niarchos
Afra and Andrea
Afra and Andrea
Afra and Andrea

Fernanda and Marco
Fernanda
Fernanda
Fernanda

Sources: !Hola!, Worldroots

tbhrc 03-07-2008 07:36 AM

Here's a nice pic of Fernanda and Giancarlo Casiraghi:

Pic

zoee 06-22-2008 01:17 AM

This is kind of like a resume I suppose. It has all the positions that Marco holds or held. Nice to know he's still in control of Stefano's companies. Edit: I found it on google. :)
http://cdn.idc.com/italy/downloads/b...aghi_marco.pdf

oxygen 06-22-2008 02:42 PM

Whoa, a Masters in Mechanical Engineering? He's got my respect.

zoee 06-25-2008 09:47 PM

This may seem stupid, but what is Mechanical Egineering?

scooter62986 06-25-2008 10:02 PM

Its a form of engineering that deals with building machines and mechanical things. Such as cars and motorized stuff (GM, Ford, Boeing..airplanes). It deals with a lot of math and formulas but since the use of computers more engineers do less of the math themselves, but plug things into programs.

The man is very smart in lots of ways. I'm impressed that he is such a savy businessman that helps runs so many companies.

zoee 06-26-2008 04:50 AM

Ah, thankyou for telling me what it was. I had no idea.Wow, he is smart.

Tosca 07-04-2008 12:40 PM

Mamma Casiraghi attended the Fino Mornasco Band dinner on the 5th of April.(corpo musicale G. Verdi)

Fernanda Casiraghi

Fernanda Casiraghi

tbhrc 07-12-2008 04:21 AM

You can find an interview with Fernanda on this site:

INTERVIEWS

AN AFTERNOON WITH FERNANDA CASIRAGHI

Q: Mrs Casiraghi, what memories do you have of your childhood?
A: I was born and raised in Milan and my family was a good one although perhaps not in the traditional sense since I never knew my father, who died before I was born. For this reason my mother decided to go and live with my Aunt who became for me a second mother and whom I remember with great affection. Then when my mother decided to remarry, I remained with my aunt who at that time was the owner of a company that imported coal mainly from Poland, Germany and South Africa.
Q: A business woman – that was quite unusual in those days…
A: Exactly and this was a bit of luck for me given that I was able to pursue my studies. When I was 17 years old the Second World War broke out and since my aunt had serious health problems I began to work for the company and make my contribution......

3 pics:

http://www.montecarlotime.com/userfi.../casiraghi.jpg
http://www.montecarlotime.com/userfi...casiraghi3.jpg
http://www.montecarlotime.com/userfi...casiraghi4.jpg

Tosca 07-16-2008 10:52 AM

As a chairwoman of the Monaco's Italian Entrepreneurs Association Fernanda Casiraghi awarded the "Golden Sheet" Prize to Patrizia Mirigliani the organizer of the Miss Italia beauty contest:

DIVAeDONNA