The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   June 6, 2005 - Sweden's National Day (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/june-6-2005-swedens-national-day-6095.html)

Yennie 06-03-2005 06:01 PM

June 6, 2005 - Sweden's National Day

1 Attachment(s)
This year will be the first time that June 6th is a national holiday - meaning, many more will be able to celebrate!

This is what the royal family will be doing on monday:

kl. 10.00 öppnar Kronprinsessan Victoria,
Prins Carl Philip och Prinsessan Madeleine portarna till årets stora nationaldagsfirande på Kungliga Slottet i Stockholm

Kungaparet närvarar vid firandet av Mariefreds 400-årsjubileum samt Nationaldagen i Mariefred, Strängnäs kommun

Kungliga familjen närvarar på kvällen vid Nationaldagens firande på Skansen med efterföljande mottagning på Stockholms Slott

Lena 06-06-2005 07:41 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Pictures from Imaginescandinavia, part I. They had more, but only with small variations. Besides I could only save them as "bmp" and had to convert them.
The three siblings opening the Royal castle for the national day.

http://www.imagine.photositepro.com/...ectArchive=S3S

Lena 06-06-2005 07:42 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Pictures from Imaginescandinavia, part II

Lena 06-06-2005 07:43 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Pictures from Imaginescandinavia, part III
Here we see the classic division of work in this constellation of siblings...Victoria gives orders and Madeleine and Carl Philip have to follow them :D

Lena 06-06-2005 08:22 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Is it just me, the old nag, or are there others, who are a bit bored through Madeleine´s style. Always baby blue and white. And in a way also her hairstyle is also always the same. Ok, it´s not as it is with ponytailoria, but to see the same blond highlights in combination with the same strong tan for years isn´t directly exciting.

Pictures from Seegerpress. I guess this food on the plates are little strawberry cakes *yummy*
The little blond lady in the oversized national costume is one of the "brave sort". She broke through the barrier to make sure to be the first one, who give flowers to Madeleine and Victoria...

Lena 06-06-2005 08:57 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Pictures from Seegerpress, part II

Lena 06-06-2005 08:58 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Pictures from Seegerpress, part III

Lena 06-06-2005 09:09 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Various pics from Aftonbladet, Expressen, Fotomarktplatz and UKpress

ursulajohanna 06-06-2005 09:54 AM

Hey Lena,
thanks for the lovely pics from "Opening the castle"

Dennism 06-06-2005 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
Is it just me, the old nag, or are there others, who are a bit bored through Madeleine´s style. Always baby blue and white. And in a way also her hairstyle is also always the same. Ok, it´s not as it is with ponytailoria, but to see the same blond highlights in combination with the same strong tan for years isn´t directly exciting.

Yes, perhaps, boring but she knows a style that makes her look good. I think she looks just fine. Her sister looks great too. That little girl who broke on through(I´m sure the security people put up a big fight) was adorable. Thanks for the photos as always.

"Here we see the classic division of work in this constellation of siblings...Victoria gives orders and Madeleine and Carl Philip have to follow them"

ha ha ha. God bless the future queen! A stylish queen!:rolleyes:

Danielle 06-06-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

Ooh, ponytailoria. Nice word, Lena. I like it! :) But I agree. Both siblings seem to be magnetised to one extreme; sameness. It's quite sad. If only we could swap Victoria and Madeleine's hairstyles once in a while. Aww, that girl is so cute. I want to give her a hug too! Can anyone see what I can see? Is it revenge of those shoes? *shudders* I hope not. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=155735 I'm glad she used her index finger to fix her glasses in place. It can get a little confusing if you use the middle. :p

Dennism 06-06-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
Ooh, ponytailoria. Nice word, Lena. I like it! :) But I agree. Both siblings seem to be magnetised to one extreme; sameness. It's quite sad. If only we could swap Victoria and Madeleine's hairstyles once in a while. Aww, that girl is so cute. I want to give her a hug too! Can anyone see what I can see? Is it revenge of those shoes? *shudders* I hope not. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=155735 I'm glad she used her index finger to fix her glasses in place. It can get a little confusing if you use the middle. :p

I like that word, ponytailoria. Love the big photos. Sameness. Uniformity in clothing. Yes, I can see it now. Expressobladet: "Victoria uses moment to fix glasses to show how she really feels about the Swedish people." tsk tsk tsk tsk.

Danielle 06-06-2005 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
Yes, I can see it now. Expressobladet: "Victoria uses moment to fix glasses to show how she really feels about the Swedish people." tsk tsk tsk tsk.

Ha ha ha. I actually do it quite often, but it's no accident. Oops! :o Thank you Lena for all the photos.

Lena 06-06-2005 01:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
You are welcome! :)

Quote:

Can anyone see what I can see? Is it revenge of those shoes? *shudders* I hope not.
:D Yes, it is. I´ve thought about posting it (the fact and this pic), but I´ve also thought maybe you wouldn´t find out and this certain "oh no the white shoes again"-feeling wouldn´t hit you.

Danielle 06-06-2005 01:36 PM

Quote:

You are welcome! :)

:D Yes, it is. I´ve thought about posting it (the fact and this pic), but I´ve also thought maybe you wouldn´t find out and this certain "oh no the white shoes again"-feeling wouldn´t hit you.

I am a very observant person, so hiding it wouldn't have worked. I'm disappointed. Can't someone be a friend and tell her they look dodgy? Jeez. Of course, this is only my opinion so no-one start attacking me. :p

Mandy 06-06-2005 02:04 PM

Quote:

Has Madeleine always been a blond? Have you ever wondered what she would look like as a brunette with gold or red highlights. I'm not good at improvising with PAINT or Photoshop, but maybe somewhat esle can or has already done so to give Madeleine a brand new hair colour. It would be nice to see such pictures.:)

Dennism 06-06-2005 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy
Has Madeleine always been a blond? Have you ever wondered what she would look like as a brunette with gold or red highlights. I'm not good at improvising with PAINT or Photoshop, but maybe somewhat esle can or has already done so to give Madeleine a brand new hair colour. It would be nice to see such pictures.:)

Or give her that red spiky hair that Victoria had one time in that funny photo. Ahh, the magic of the computer. :)

Lena 06-06-2005 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy
Has Madeleine always been a blond?

This would be her natural colour:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/00...ADELEINENY.jpg
In summer it would be maybe a bit lighter. One would call her colour then in german "straßenköterblond" (= "street cur blond"...I think in english you would call it "dishwater blond"). Many girls with such a hair colour (between brown and blond) choose often blond highlights, but I though would suggest to try it also with a darker colour. This would be a nice contrast to her beautiful blue eyes.

Gita 06-06-2005 02:19 PM

I never noticed that those white shoes are back! :D

I like the darker blond on Princess Madeleine as well, thanks for showing us.

Danielle 06-06-2005 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gita
I never noticed that those white shoes are back! :D

'Tis true. :(

Quote:

This would be her natural colour:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/00...ADELEINENY.jpg
In summer it would maybe a bit lighter. One would call her colour then in german "straßenköterblond" (= "street cur blond"...I think in english you would call it "dishwater blond"). Many girls with such a hair colour (between brown and blond) choose often blond highlights, but I though would suggest to try it also with a darker colour. This would be a nice contrast to her beautiful blue eyes.

Maybe it's just the light, but that looks a reddish brown colour to me. I don't know why (I'm guess I'm just really tired), but that image reminds me of a ski instructor. :)