The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Electronic Domain (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/)
-   -   "The Queen's Castle" (2005) - Windsor Royal Year documentary (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f220/the-queens-castle-2005-windsor-royal-year-documentary-6070.html)

Australian 06-01-2005 09:06 AM

"The Queen's Castle" (2005) - Windsor Royal Year documentary

I just finished watching part one of "The Queen's Castle". It showed us behind the scenes at Windsor Castle before state dinner, functions and events at the Castle. Prince Philip was interviewed. It is amazing at what lengths the workers go to to make it perfect,

Talk about pamper! Next week they talk about how the royals deal and react to media and how they deal with it.

Nichola 06-01-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Australian
I just finished watching part one of "The Queen's Castle". It showed us behind the scenes at Windsor Castle before state dinner, functions and events at the Castle. Prince Philip was interviewed. It is amazing at what lengths the workers go to to make it perfect,

Talk about pamper! Next week they talk about how the royals deal and react to media and how they deal with it.

In Britain, all three parts have been shown. I think it was last month they was shown?

I also found the documentary interesting. It is very rare that the royal family allow that type of access; and having visited Windsor Castle, I found it even more interesting!

Hope you enjoy next week's part!

Elspeth 06-01-2005 12:07 PM

It doesn't seem to be available in the USA yet - must look out for it.

Elspeth 06-01-2005 12:11 PM

Moving this thread to the Royal Library.

HMQueenElizabethII 06-01-2005 11:49 PM

Yeah me too,i had recorded the series yesterday night Australian.It's really exiciting series and so wonderful.Next week we can see the Queen herself at the Royal Ascot and also she has meetings with some ladies in Windsor.Great!!!!

Australian 06-02-2005 01:58 AM

Yes HMQueenElizabethII it should be good:)

Warren 06-02-2005 03:45 AM

The Queen's Castle

There was an interesting moment when they showed the preparations for the visit of President and Madame Chirac. A guest of Her Majesty at Windsor Castle is given the full treatment.

The Senior Housekeeper was rehearsing with two maids how to unpack the luggage of Mme Chirac. One of the maids kept a list of what was in what bag, so when it came time for them to pack it up at the end of the visit, everything would be back in its proper place. This was so the owner would have no confusion as to what was where.

The BBC person asked why didn't people unpack and pack their own bags.

Aghast, the maids and the Housekeeper replied in unison "but they are GUESTS!"

Australian 06-02-2005 05:45 AM

yes i remember that! personally i wouldnt want someone unpacking my bags, its kind of like an invasion of privacy

Australian 06-09-2005 08:44 AM

I just saw the second part of this series, it was very insightful too. They showed us behind the scenes of royal events like the races and carols (where the Queen gave carolers wine or brandy to warm them up)

HMQueenElizabethII 06-09-2005 09:36 AM

yeah,Australian,and the Gala before the Garter service,which we did not see,Her Majesty looks really great!

Australian 06-16-2005 02:36 AM

Well last night was the final for the series. It wasnt as interesting as the other parts in the series on my opinion, they showed Harry playing polo or equestrian and showed some of the art collection at Windsor Castle. I enjoyed the series. :)

NJRedDevils 06-16-2005 07:08 AM

thanks , for letting us know, cause i was wondering when they were going to show the last part, since the Blues kicked the cane toads butt, last nite..:p

Danielle 06-16-2005 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJRedDevils
thanks , for letting us know, cause i was wondering when they were going to show the last part, since the Blues kicked the cane toads butt, last nite..:p

Yes, we did! :D ooh, the next game is going to be a good one ... not that I watch the "footy" that much.

Danielle 06-17-2005 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
Danielle, I trust you're not trying to hijack this thread and turn it into a running commentary about the State of Origin.
By the way, how do you think the Swannies will go?

:) ;) :)
W

I have a habit of doing that, don't I. :o Hmm, I don't know. I don't follow the AFL, so I really can't comment on their 'form' at the moment. But they've got to be going better than the Roosters. :(

BeatrixFan 07-24-2005 05:40 PM

Re:

If you like the behind the scenes style stuff shown in the Queen's Castle I really really recommend Brian Hoey's, "At Home with the Queen". A must for any Royalist!

Von Schlesian 07-25-2005 06:03 AM

THankyou Beatrix Fan, I'll definately look out for it!

ElisaR 07-28-2005 10:29 AM

:eek:

According with this site Play.com The Queen's Castle will be released on 24 October.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

selrahc4 07-28-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElisaR
:eek:

According with this site Play.com The Queen's Castle will be released on 24 October.

*Sigh* Not playable in the USA :(

Frothy 07-28-2005 03:56 PM

If you have DVD player on your computer they mostly play UK dvds.

ElisaR 07-28-2005 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by selrahc4
*Sigh* Not playable in the USA :(

This is the first time I see news about this documentary on dvd. Play.com is a UK site, so it sells zone 2 products.
I can't see why they shouldn't make the American version of this dvd. I'm sure they will do it. :)