The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Imperial Family of Iran (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f79/)
-   -   Empress Farah Pahlavi: Current Events Part 1 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f79/empress-farah-pahlavi-current-events-part-1-a-6055.html)

Alexandria 02-04-2005 07:41 PM

Empress Farah Pahlavi: Current Events Part 1
 
A brand new thread for news and pictures of Emperess Farah Pahlavi.

Please review The Royal Forum's Posting Rules and Guidelines, found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=170480#post170480. Violations of the rules may result in being suspended or being banned.

sol_anglada 02-06-2005 02:04 PM

Award
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
A brand new thread for news and pictures of Emperess Farah Pahlavi.

Please review The Royal Forum's Posting Rules and Guidelines, found here:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=170480#post170480. Violations of the rules may result in being suspended or being banned.

Empress Farah hs recently received an award in Germany. There is a link on her own official website: www.farahpahlavi.org
It's important that some countries remember her work in Iran and now award her.

Splodger 02-06-2005 04:31 PM

Very interesting article in today's Sunday Telegraph (UK) with an interview with Farah. Its title brought a smile to my face "The Empress Strikes Back." Farah is convinced that the Winds of Change will sweep across Iran soon and that she hopes to return home in the near future. She aknowledges that the Shah's reign was too narrow minded, and although she places a degree of blame on advisors who were looking after their own interests, she does feel that she and her husband were blinkerd to the real situation in the end. However monarchy or not she beleives that the democracy bug in Iraq will soon spill into Iran and the current regim's days are numbered.

Blueice 02-06-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splodger
Very interesting article in today's Sunday Telegraph (UK) with an interview with Farah. Its title brought a smile to my face "The Empress Strikes Back." Farah is convinced that the Winds of Change will sweep across Iran soon and that she hopes to return home in the near future. She aknowledges that the Shah's reign was too narrow minded, and although she places a degree of blame on advisors who were looking after their own interests, she does feel that she and her husband were blinkerd to the real situation in the end. However monarchy or not she beleives that the democracy bug in Iraq will soon spill into Iran and the current regim's days are numbered.

Many thanks for the insight, Splodger - the article seems to make a very interesting reading, is there an online version, by any chance? Thanks again.

sol_anglada 02-07-2005 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splodger
Very interesting article in today's Sunday Telegraph (UK) with an interview with Farah. Its title brought a smile to my face "The Empress Strikes Back." Farah is convinced that the Winds of Change will sweep across Iran soon and that she hopes to return home in the near future. She aknowledges that the Shah's reign was too narrow minded, and although she places a degree of blame on advisors who were looking after their own interests, she does feel that she and her husband were blinkerd to the real situation in the end. However monarchy or not she beleives that the democracy bug in Iraq will soon spill into Iran and the current regim's days are numbered.

Is it possible to reproduce here this interview or post the link?

salma 02-08-2005 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Old pics:

1. the crownprince Reza take a pic.

salma 02-08-2005 07:11 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1. Empress Farah with newborn Princess Leila.

all pics from Hola!

salma 02-08-2005 07:15 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Family photos:

salma 02-08-2005 07:17 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Farah Diba with Princess Leila

salma 02-08-2005 07:19 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Empress Farah in her home after the death of Princess Leila.

salma 02-08-2005 08:11 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Farah Diba in Germany January, 2005 (all pics from clasos):

1. visit the Art Center:

salma 02-08-2005 08:15 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by salma
Farah Diba in Germany January, 2005 (all pics from clasos):

1. visit the Art Center:


More pics:

salma 02-08-2005 08:20 AM

10 Attachment(s)
2. In Steiger winner 2005.

salma 02-08-2005 08:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
3. in laddies dinner in Germany, January 2005.

salma 02-08-2005 08:24 AM

1 Attachment(s)
portrait of Farah Pahlavi
the pics from a interview to spanish newspaper. This itīs the link:

http://www.el-mundo.es/cronica/2003/417/1066051343.html

Blueice 02-08-2005 09:10 AM

Many thanks salma for such a lovely photos and interesting link - would you know what happened with Princess Leila? Such a young and beautiful woman, she left far too soon. So sad.

salma 02-08-2005 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blueice
Many thanks salma for such a lovely photos and interesting link - would you know what happened with Princess Leila? Such a young and beautiful woman, she left far too soon. So sad.

Blueice see this link: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1384283.stm

Blueice 02-08-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma

Thank you very much, salma. Indeed, very sad story.

sol_anglada 02-08-2005 04:12 PM

Thanks Salma
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by salma
2. In Steiger winner 2005.

Many and many thanks Salma for this series of picgtures of my loved and admired Empress. She keeps plenty her beauty and the love of all her pople and country.

salma 02-09-2005 09:30 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Old pics of Empress Farah:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises