The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/duchess-of-cornwall-fashion-and-style-part-1-april-2005-december-2009-a-5953.html)

A.C.C. 04-09-2005 09:08 PM

Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style Part 1: April 2005 - December 2009

The hat worn by the new Duchess of Cornwall, formerly Camilla Parker-Bowles, to the Guildhall for her civil ceremony marriage to the Prince of Wales (1st part of the wedding), April 9, 2005

The hat worn by the Duchess to the civil ceremony

The hat (feathered headband) worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend the church blessing of her marriage to the Prince of Wales (2nd part of the wedding), April 9, 2005

The hat worn by the Duchess to the church blessing

liv 04-10-2005 02:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Day one of their honeymoon:

stacy 04-10-2005 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A.C.C.
The hat (feathered headband) worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend the church blessing of her marriage to the Prince of Wales (2nd part of the wedding), April 9, 2005

The hat worn by the Duchess to the church blessing

Is that a feather or ears of wheat?

A.C.C. 04-10-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stacy
Is that a feather or ears of wheat?

It's probably ears of wheat.

selrahc4 04-10-2005 11:49 PM

Quote:

It's probably ears of wheat.

described as "a gold leafed feather headdress tipped with Swarovski Diamonds designed and made by Philip Treacy" at The Pince of Wales website. Here is the link; it gives information about the hats, dresses, and much else

http://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/news...ng_special.php

A.C.C. 05-08-2005 07:07 PM

The hat worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend events at the Cenotaph to commemorate the 60th anniversary of VE Day, May 8, 2005.

The hat worn by HRH

HMQueenElizabethII 05-12-2005 04:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
She does looks very happy.I think it's a nice hat:

A.C.C. 05-16-2005 04:33 PM

Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall Fashion and Style

This is the 1st evening gala gown worn by Camilla since she married the Prince of Wales and became HRH the Duchess of Cornwall. It was worn to a gala on May 16, 2005.

The gown of HRH at the gala

Boris 05-17-2005 08:53 AM

Others (judging from GRMB) seem to love this dress, but I think it's a desaster... the top's fabric looks like some old couch's upholstery while the skirt resembles polyester curtains, falling in awkward pleats - no good craftmanship here - and the color is less than flattering for Camilla. I'm aware that for some reason people suddenly seem to love just about everything about her these days, and I think her daywear looks great for the most part, but this is a terrible choice for her first evening gown as Duchess. I guess her very busy stylist took a day off.

Mascha 05-17-2005 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Boris
Others (judging from GRMB) seem to love this dress, but I think it's a desaster... the top's fabric looks like some old couch's upholstery while the skirt resembles polyester curtains, falling in awkward pleats - no good craftmanship here - and the color is less than flattering for Camilla. I'm aware that for some reason people suddenly seem to love just about everything about her these days, and I think her daywear looks great for the most part, but this is a terrible choice for her first evening gown as Duchess. I guess her very busy stylist took a day off.

Plus the top is a couple of sizes to big for her.. :o

bigheadshirmp 05-17-2005 11:17 AM

and...she looks pregnant with that dress.....:cool: :eek:

carlota 06-02-2005 12:46 PM

was that yellow one made by robindon and valentine?

she also wore another more, a silky pale blue one...

A.C.C. 06-10-2005 03:30 PM

The hat worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend the Founders Day Parade, the Royal Hospital Chelsea, June 9, 2005

The hat worn by HRH

HMQueenElizabethII 06-10-2005 07:58 PM

She used to wore that hat at the Queen's 50th years of Coronation in 2003.But i think she looks really lovely this time.

A.C.C. 06-12-2005 03:21 PM

The hat worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend her first Trooping the Colour Ceremony, June 11, 2005.

The hat worn by HRH during the ceremony

The hat worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend the Order of the Garter Service, Windsor Castle. June 13, 2005

The feathered "hat" worn by HRH to attend the service

bigheadshirmp 06-13-2005 02:01 PM

Quote:

The hat worn by the Duchess of Cornwall to attend the Order of the Garter Service, Windsor Castle. June 13, 2005

The feathered "hat" worn by HRH to attend the service

ok...i hate that "hat" here....well...maybe u'll say the "hat" fits her cuz it's almost as big as her hair...but....looks weird...:eek:

HMQueenElizabethII 06-13-2005 02:41 PM

I'm not a fan of that hat,i've just woken up at 4 o'clock in the morning and when is saw the hat,i did not feel sleepy anymore!LOL.I do not think that hat suitable to be at Garter.But i think the Duchess seems so busy with the new hat at Trooping the Colour on Saturday,a new hat today,and what will she wear at Royal Ascot?It's the time of "Duchess of Cornwall's Style" coming.

A.C.C. 06-13-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
I'm not a fan of that hat,i've just woken up at 4 o'clock in the morning and when is saw the hat,i did not feel sleepy anymore!LOL.I do not think that hat suitable to be at Garter.But i think the Duchess seems so busy with the new hat at Trooping the Colour on Saturday,a new hat today,and what will she wear at Royal Ascot?It's the time of "Duchess of Cornwall's Style" coming.

I think Camilla might make this one of her signature hat styles like the Countess of Wessex has done with her a-symetrical, tall, feathered hats she wears all the time.

A.C.C. 06-14-2005 03:36 PM

The hat worn by The Duchess of Cornwall to attend the 1st day of Royal Ascot, June 14, 2005

HRH and her hat at Ascot

sara1981 06-14-2005 06:46 PM

Camilla wores same Sophie's hats at Royals Ascot but its almost lookslike hats

Sara Boyce