The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f240/)
-   -   Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor- News & Pictures II (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f240/prince-hamzah-and-princess-noor-news-and-pictures-ii-5746.html)

Lyonnaise 04-22-2005 02:18 PM

Prince Hamzah & Princess Noor- News & Pictures II
 
A brand new thread for Hamzah and Noor. The old thread is available at this link http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=5009

Please remember the forum rules and guidelines when posting. Any violations can result in a suspension or being banished from TRF.

nbaker 05-01-2005 12:06 PM

Here's some news:

Prince hands the mic over to Robertson
Krista Naposki / News Editor

Jeanne Swanner-Robertson, professional speaker, humorist and Burlington resident, will replace Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan as commencement speaker this year.

Hussein canceled early last week. According to Dan Anderson, director of University Relations, he will not be able to speak at commencement “but would hope to visit campus at some point in the future and that he would do whatever is necessary to continue support of the King Hussein scholarship.”

Robertson said her speech would be about a strategy for success after graduation, not necessarily in business but in other aspects of life, too. As a professional speaker, Robertson gives speeches to kick-off meetings, conventions and banquets. Each year, she speaks at up to 100 conventions.

Though she also labels herself as a humorist, she stresses that there’s a difference between a humorist and a comedian. “The main goal of a comedian is to make laughs at any cost,” Robertson said. “Sometimes this could include offending others for the sake of one group laughing at it.”

Robertson said a humorist speaks in the corporate market. “Each piece of material you use leads to a point,” Robertson said. Usually, her speeches run about an hour, but her commencement speech will only be 10 minutes. “At first I was apprehensive, but now I am excited for the challenge.”

Last week, the senior class representatives met with Robertson to decide whether or not she would be a good fit as commencement speaker. “She will make people laugh, she will inspire and motivate students, and she has a sense of our Elon community as a member of the Board of Trustees and as someone who had a son graduate from Elon,” Vice President Darris Means said.

“I believe people get caught up in not having a speaker like Bill Cosby or George Bush, but when we graduate the attention should not be on the graduation speaker but on the seniors who have worked extremely hard for the past three, four, or five years to make it thus far.”

Robertson is a self-described avid Elon fan. She is an Elon trustee and attends Elon sporting events often. “I was there at the third overtime last year,” Robertson said, referring to the men’s basketball game against UNC-Greensboro. Because she knows some of the seniors, she will draw on events that have happened in the four years that they climbed through Elon.

Robertson became interested in professional speaking when she entered a beauty pageant sophomore year while she was attending Auburn University. Though it was her first pageant, she kept winning until she was named Miss North Carolina. At the Miss America pageant, she was named Miss Congeniality.

At 19, she was forced to take a year off from school in order to do public appearances as Miss Congeniality. From her experiences that year, she discovered that “instead of just cutting the ribbon people enjoy laughing.” After teaching and coaching basketball for nine years in Graham, she decided to start her own business as a professional speaker.

“It’s not just about speaking, its about marking myself,” Robertson said. “How do I market to Montana when I live in a small city?”

Robertson is a Burlington resident, but a nation-wide traveler. Most recently, she was recognized as 2003 Woman of Achievement by the Miss North Carolina Pageant and was also named 2001 North Carolinian of the year by the North Carolina Press Association.

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/pendulum/I...obertson.xhtml

tipper 05-01-2005 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbaker
Here's some news:

Prince hands the mic over to Robertson
Krista Naposki / News Editor

Jeanne Swanner-Robertson, professional speaker, humorist and Burlington resident, will replace Prince Hamzah Bin Al Hussein of Jordan as commencement speaker this year.

Hussein canceled early last week. According to Dan Anderson, director of University Relations, he will not be able to speak at commencement “but would hope to visit campus at some point in the future and that he would do whatever is necessary to continue support of the King Hussein scholarship.”

Robertson said her speech would be about a strategy for success after graduation, not necessarily in business but in other aspects of life, too. As a professional speaker, Robertson gives speeches to kick-off meetings, conventions and banquets. Each year, she speaks at up to 100 conventions.

Though she also labels herself as a humorist, she stresses that there’s a difference between a humorist and a comedian. “The main goal of a comedian is to make laughs at any cost,” Robertson said. “Sometimes this could include offending others for the sake of one group laughing at it.”

Robertson said a humorist speaks in the corporate market. “Each piece of material you use leads to a point,” Robertson said. Usually, her speeches run about an hour, but her commencement speech will only be 10 minutes. “At first I was apprehensive, but now I am excited for the challenge.”

Last week, the senior class representatives met with Robertson to decide whether or not she would be a good fit as commencement speaker. “She will make people laugh, she will inspire and motivate students, and she has a sense of our Elon community as a member of the Board of Trustees and as someone who had a son graduate from Elon,” Vice President Darris Means said.

“I believe people get caught up in not having a speaker like Bill Cosby or George Bush, but when we graduate the attention should not be on the graduation speaker but on the seniors who have worked extremely hard for the past three, four, or five years to make it thus far.”

Robertson is a self-described avid Elon fan. She is an Elon trustee and attends Elon sporting events often. “I was there at the third overtime last year,” Robertson said, referring to the men’s basketball game against UNC-Greensboro. Because she knows some of the seniors, she will draw on events that have happened in the four years that they climbed through Elon.

Robertson became interested in professional speaking when she entered a beauty pageant sophomore year while she was attending Auburn University. Though it was her first pageant, she kept winning until she was named Miss North Carolina. At the Miss America pageant, she was named Miss Congeniality.

At 19, she was forced to take a year off from school in order to do public appearances as Miss Congeniality. From her experiences that year, she discovered that “instead of just cutting the ribbon people enjoy laughing.” After teaching and coaching basketball for nine years in Graham, she decided to start her own business as a professional speaker.

“It’s not just about speaking, its about marking myself,” Robertson said. “How do I market to Montana when I live in a small city?”

Robertson is a Burlington resident, but a nation-wide traveler. Most recently, she was recognized as 2003 Woman of Achievement by the Miss North Carolina Pageant and was also named 2001 North Carolinian of the year by the North Carolina Press Association.

http://www.elon.edu/e-web/pendulum/I...obertson.xhtml


I wonder why Hamzah is handing over his duties to some1 else, hope that's not an order by KA.....

tipper 05-10-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tipper
I heard PN can speak Arabic, English, Farsi and Spanish, as well.

As Hamzah used to talk English to her mum and full siblings, and Arabic to his father, when he was still living with them, maybe he and PN use to talk both languages-:) ;) :) :confused: :cool:

T-R-O-U-B-L-E 05-26-2005 05:24 PM

AS today is May 27th I thought of saying happy first wedding Anniversary for Hamzah and Noor.

Best wishes,
Trouble.

nilah 05-26-2005 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
AS today is May 27th I thought of saying happy first wedding Anniversary for Hamzah and Noor.

Best wishes,
Trouble.

They have two wedding anniversary . In August will be the second one.

T-R-O-U-B-L-E 05-27-2005 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nilah
They have two wedding anniversary . In August will be the second one.

I said WEDDING not marriage...they have been Married for a year and a half now what I meant is their wedding Anniversary!

cute_girl 06-18-2005 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
It's great all the love we Irbidawi's (ppl from irbid) hold for him,so it's not just me,lol

and it's not just you and Irbidawi's that love him.I too love him and his pretty wife.

Lara 06-18-2005 03:32 PM

i love the fact that they gave away masbahas as their wedding favors (i'm assuming)! they are very adorable.

cd_1 06-19-2005 03:13 PM

im sorry, but what are masbahas?

Lara 06-19-2005 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cd_1
im sorry, but what are masbahas?

Masbahas are decorative beads on string that are often used by Muslims while in/for remembrance of God. But they are not compulsory for prayer. Any Muslims want to add anything?

T-R-O-U-B-L-E 06-20-2005 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute_girl
and it's not just you and Irbidawi's that love him.I too love him and his pretty wife.

ok :) :D

sommone 07-04-2005 01:06 AM

Where is the lovely couple, and what have they been up to lately?

T-R-O-U-B-L-E 07-04-2005 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sommone
Where is the lovely couple, and what have they been up to lately?

Today the king patronized the International Islamic conference (?),which has smthing to do with the Al al-Beit foundation which Hamzah is the head of (correct me if im wrong pls) so i think he should participate in the conference or at least attend...:confused:

T-R-O-U-B-L-E 07-04-2005 11:41 AM

New pics

http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Jul/04/4899I.htm
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Jul/04/4902I.htm
http://207.228.233.96/nepras/2005/Jul/04/4905I.

cute_girl 07-04-2005 12:22 PM

he really looks sad,I hope everything is ok with him,did he look all sad in TV or this is just the pictures?

emily62_1 07-04-2005 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
I didn't mean the lookin sad part,smthing doesn't seem right,he looks exhausted...

he looks sad, unhappy ,tired and even ill. Look at the pic taken at his cousin's wed, Noor is radiant as ever, he's not happy, he doesn't even look at his wife, what's wrong with him, did he get his degree?

T-R-O-U-B-L-E 07-04-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cute_girl
he really looks sad,I hope everything is ok with him,did he look all sad in TV or this is just the pictures?

Yes,I've been watching it all day they kept re-running it,every hour or so,he looked the same,tired,thinking,exhausted ,smtimes I thought he was falling asleep then i fugured out that he was just tired.
Hashim didn't look any better though:(

Reina 07-04-2005 05:17 PM

Can we see it on the internet?

cute_girl 07-04-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-R-O-U-B-L-E
Yes,I've been watching it all day they kept re-running it,every hour or so,he looked the same,tired,thinking,exhausted ,smtimes I thought he was falling asleep then i fugured out that he was just tired.
Hashim didn't look any better though:(

it's not good that Hashem looked the same but at least it shows that maybe there was something to be exhausted or worry about that the two brothers share,I mean I was worried that Hamzah had fallen into some serious mental disease like depression or so...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:43 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises