The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/)
-   -   Johan Friso and Mabel, News and Pictures Part 2 (Nov 2004-Sep 2006) (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f236/johan-friso-and-mabel-news-and-pictures-part-2-nov-2004-sep-2006-a-5687.html)

Anna_R 11-25-2004 01:16 PM

Johan Friso and Mabel, News and Pictures Part 2 (Nov 2004-Sep 2006)

Follow this link for more pictures

http://www.colourpress.com/index.cfm...reSerieNo=3560
The Hague, Holland - Royal Family together at Lucent Dance Theater

The whole Royal family was invited by Prince Johan Friso and pregnant Princess Mabel in the Lucent Dance Theater in The Hague.

The three ballet of Paul Lightfoot, Sol León en Jorma Elo were the counter wedding present of the young royal couple.

They wanted to give it earlier, but because of the death of late Princess Juliana, the dance performance was set till tonight.

All members of the Royal family looked glamarous.
Princess Maxima stole the show in a beautiful wardrobe. Queen Beatrix was very proud to have the complete family together at the performance and blincked several times to her naughty daughter in law Mabel.

The couple had asked to make it a private performance without any press. This is very odd, due to the fact that ''this is one of the rare occassions where the whole family is complete. Mabel and Friso live in Londen as well as Prince Constantijn and Princess Laurentien with baby Eloise and Claus Casimir.
The gossip in the audience was loud, when Maxima entered the theater. Everybody looked at the ''''soon to be mother'''', but this is still not officially said by the RVD office.

COPYRIGHT PICTURE PRESS EUROPE

xxPatrickxx 11-26-2004 01:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Saterday, interview with Princess Mabel, dutch:

ROSENMÖLLER EN… PRINSES MABEL
TV Ned 1 - za 27 november 22.20 uur

Prinses Mabel aan het werk in Oost-Europa

Eén voor één haalt een Moldavische gevangene pakketjes met nieuwe, schone injectiespuiten uit een houten kast. Vol trots laat ze de schone naalden zien aan H.K.H. Prinses Mabel van Oranje. Deze scène uit een vrouwengevangenis, waar bij hoge uitzondering mocht worden gefilmd, is te zien in de tweede aflevering van ‘Paul Rosenmöller en...’.

In dit exclusieve portret wordt Prinses Mabel gevolgd tijdens een werkreis door Moldavië en Macedonië. Prinses Mabel is al meer dan zeven jaar werkzaam als directeur Europese zaken van het Open Society Institute (OSI) dat wereldwijd steun geeft aan democratiseringsprocessen en activiteiten om mensenrechten te verbeteren. OSI werkt momenteel in meer dan 60 landen.

De reis door Moldavië en Macedonië staat voor het grootste deel in het teken van aidsbestrijding. Openhartig en geëngageerd vertelt Prinses Mabel in deze 45 minuten durende uitzending onder meer over het belang van de strijd tegen aids en de snelle verspreiding van de aidsepidemie in Oost-Europa. Zij laat zien wat het OSI bijdraagt in deze strijd. In dit persoonlijke portret wordt ook uitgebreid gesproken over haar idealen en drijfveren.

Interviews en presentatie: Paul Rosenmöller; research: Saskia de Boer en Henriëtte Smit; camera: Peter van der Linden, Tijn van Neerven; geluid: Geert Poelgeest; productie: Marie-Louise van Agtmael; samenstelling en regie: Hans Hermans; eindredactie: Lioni Schrederhof

Hannelore 11-27-2004 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I'm sorry but i think Mabel looked monstruous this week.

Gabriella 11-27-2004 01:17 PM

If she wears this many bows on her clothes, I can only image what her house looks like! Or her bedspread. Poor Johan Frisco, he probably has nightmares about bows attacking him! :p I'm just joking!

I don't like her dress either. It is like her wedding dress, it would have been beautiful if it wasn't for all the bows. She is seriously taking this bow thing a little too far!

Ennyllorac 11-27-2004 01:49 PM

For goodness sake! I hadn't noticed that even her shoes had bows. She needs bow therapy!

xxLindaxx 11-28-2004 03:31 AM

Here you can see the interview with Mabel:
( click on Paul Rosenmöller en...)
http://www.omroep.nl/ikon/

Alexandria 11-28-2004 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxLindaxx
Here you can see the interview with Mabel:
( click on Paul Rosenmöller en...)
http://www.omroep.nl/ikon/

I read a bit of Mabel's interview at the Benelux Royals MB, and I was quite intrigued to hear more of the interview, but alas I don't speak or read a lick of Dutch. Can anyone provide a full English translation?

What was the purpose of the interview? The Dutch royals don't seem to give many interviews, only for special occasions or reasons (such as to thank the pubic for the gifts and cards following Amalia's birth).

Also, what is it that Mabel does exactly? My understanding from the bits and pieces I read that she is involved with a humanitarian organization of sorts?

Her fetish for bows and the lying or hidden past aside, the bit I read Mabel seems like an incredible woman with hopeful, earnest and good intentions in trying to improve the world around her bit by bit. I believe the most frequent comments in regards to Mabel and this interview by the posters at the Benelux Royals MB was how 'ideaistic' Mabel seemed.

Ennyllorac 11-28-2004 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia
Those shoes are...something...:eek:

I just saw the close up of the shoes... OH MY!!! What was she thinking???? :eek:

galuhcandrakirana 12-03-2004 11:44 AM

Her shoes heels at least 7 cm high. For a pregnant woman, high heel shoes are dangerous. Also her bows, imagine if the bows were not tightening enough and loose off then she could have slip.....

kinneret5764 12-03-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
Her shoes heels at least 7 cm high. For a pregnant woman, high heel shoes are dangerous. Also her bows, imagine if the bows were not tightening enough and loose off then she could have slip.....

The shoes remind me of Dorothy's shoes in "The Wizard of Oz"

MoonlightRhapsody 12-03-2004 04:28 PM

:( Ooookkayyy, so she has a bow fetish with a serious case of fashion ignorance....I still like her, but her make-up could use a makeover.

sara1981 12-03-2004 08:09 PM

will Johan and Mabel attend his Grandfather's funeral? yes or no?

Sara Boyce

Alexandria 12-03-2004 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
will Johan and Mabel attend his Grandfather's funeral? yes or no?

Sara Boyce

I'm certain they will attend Bernhard's funeral next Saturday.

Johan Friso may have been stripped of his rights to succession but he is still Bernhard's nephew, and as far as I know in good standing with his grandfather, so I see no reason why he and his wife would not attend.

Reina 12-04-2004 03:23 PM

I hope she is not trying to invent a fashion trend.

mktv2000 12-07-2004 11:50 AM

They will most certainly be there...they are still members of the Royal Family, whether or not they are members of the Royal House.

karolinabraganza 01-02-2005 12:17 PM

10 Attachment(s)
pics of mabel, including more pics from the concert attended my family and friends

karolinabraganza 01-02-2005 12:19 PM

7 Attachment(s)
more pics....

nilah 01-02-2005 06:12 PM

How did they meet?

MoonlightRhapsody 01-02-2005 10:53 PM

Wasm't Mabel a friend of Laurentien and that's how they met? I'm not exactly sure...

xxPatrickxx 01-03-2005 01:39 PM

Yes, Mabel is a friend of Laurentien..

Friso's first meeting with Mabel was with Laurentien :)