The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Philippe and Mathilde's Visit to Washington: April 18-21, 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/philippe-and-mathildes-visit-to-washington-april-18-21-2005-a-5481.html)

Hannelore 03-27-2005 08:24 AM

Philippe and Mathilde's Visit to Washington: April 18-21, 2005

I was watching a royalty program last Friday (C'est du Belge) where it was announced that Filip & Mathilde's next trip abroad will be to America (US?) in April. No further details yet.

sara1981 03-27-2005 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannelore
Really? Who announced it, is it a reliable source? I heard here and there that no-one from Belgium was invited...

yes!

when Prince Charles attend Prince Phillipe and Mathilde's wedding in Dec.1999 but i think Prince Charles and Prince Phillipe been close as friend

Sara Boyce

Mette2 03-29-2005 06:29 AM

Quote:

I was watching a royalty program last Friday (C'est du Belge) where it was announced that Filip & Mathilde's next trip abroad will be to America (US?) in April. No further details yet.

According to the official webpage it says Philippe and Mathilde will be in Washington on April 18th, but I don't know how long they'll be gone for.

HMQueenElizabethII 03-29-2005 07:07 AM

Quote:

Great!We all looking foward to that.I wonder that have Philippe and Mathilde had any meeting with President G Bush before? I remember not yet.We soon will have lots of beautiful pics.

Hannelore 03-29-2005 12:56 PM

Filip & Mathilde in Washington, April 18th

Here's the information from the official site, as Mette pointed out:

Visit to Washington. The princes will take part in a conference that unites diplomatic, consulair and economic agents from Belgium in the US. They will attend a work meeting at the World Bank.
Prince Filip will also be present at a meeting of the board of direction of the king Boudewijn fund-USA, and at a remembrance ceremony for the 60th anniversary of the liberation.
Princess Mathilde will speak at a forum on micocredit at Georgetown University and will visit the Gallaudet University for deaf students.

sara1981 03-29-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

Here's the information from the official site, as Mette pointed out:

Visit to Washington. The princes will take part in a conference that unites diplomatic, consulair and economic agents from Belgium in the US. They will attend a work meeting at the World Bank.
Prince Filip will also be present at a meeting of the board of direction of the king Boudewijn fund-USA, and at a remembrance ceremony for the 60th anniversary of the liberation.
Princess Mathilde will speak at a forum on micocredit at Georgetown University and will visit the Gallaudet University for deaf students.

thanks for info of gallaudet university im hope she will meet deaf students or not!

Sara Boyce

Hannelore 03-30-2005 12:58 PM

Their visit to Washington is from April 18th to 21st.

Dennism 03-31-2005 12:15 AM

Thanks for all of the information. That is great that they are going to Gallaudet too. I hope they will enjoy their time in the US.

kwanfan 04-18-2005 01:25 PM

Today is the 18th so the visit should start today. Hopefully there will be many pictures from this visit.

pdas1201 04-18-2005 11:39 PM

10 Attachment(s)
April 18, 2005: Prince Philippe and Princess Mathilde visit the World War II Memorial in Washington DC.
Set 1, Gettyimages

Mathilde happy and glowing in the pics, looking extra special with that tiny bump.

Let me add my congrats to would-be-parents. May they have a beautiful daughter or handsome son. :)

pdas1201 04-18-2005 11:40 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Set 2, Gettyimages

marezdote 04-18-2005 11:55 PM

Thanks for the pics pdas. You can definatley tell she is pregnant. BTW congrats to the parents!

sara1981 04-19-2005 01:12 AM

both will meet President Bush and Lady Lauren?

Sara Boyce

StefanievonRantzau 04-19-2005 10:03 AM

Mathilde will visit Georgetown University today and speak at a conference on Microfinance:

In honor of the United Nations' International Year of Microcredit, Georgetown University hosts a half-day conference exploring the future, challenges and innovations in microfinance. A joint effort between students of the McDonough School of Business, Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service and Georgetown Public Policy Institute, the conference aims to connect students and policymakers in an educational forum about the field of microfinance. Events begin at 1:00 p.m. on Tuesday April 19, 2005 in Georgetown's ICC Auditorium.

...The conference will conclude with remarks from Her Royal Highness, Princess Mathilde of Belgium, Emissary to the International Year of Microcredit.

http://explore.georgetown.edu/news/?ID=2083

StefanievonRantzau 04-19-2005 10:21 AM

Mathilde will visit Gallaudet University on April 21:

Belgium Princess Mathilde to visit campus
  • Princess Mathilde of Belgium will pay a short visit to campus this Thursday, April 21.
  • The princess is the wife of the Belgium crown prince and future king, who is in Washington to meet with President Bush and other leaders.
  • Princess Mathilde will meet students, have lunch with President and Mrs. Jordan in House One, observe a class and receive a brief tour of campus.
  • More about the royal visit will be in On the Green.
http://pr.gallaudet.edu/bb/

Mette2 04-19-2005 11:30 AM

If you go to this link:
http://www.vtm.be/nieuws/index_bekijkonline.htm
and choose Dinsdag 19/04 13u then about 15 1/2 minutes into the news there's a small piece on Philippe and Mathilde's trip to the World War II Memorial. Mathilde is handed flowers from a bystander (or at least some guy) who's congratulating her on her pregnancy, and who also gives her two t-shirts: one for Elisabeth and one for Gabriel.

Hannelore 04-19-2005 02:26 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Thanks for the tip Mette, a very nice video.

Here are some more pics of Filip & Mathilde at the wreath laying ceremony in remembrance of the American soldiers who fought in the battle of the Bulge (in Belgium).

Afterwards there was a reception at the residence of the Belgian ambassador. A beautiful residence IMO!

servingsophie 04-19-2005 02:43 PM

As ever, Mathilde looks beautiful!

Hannelore 04-19-2005 02:53 PM

Another video, from la une. It was explained that this is above all a diplomatic voyage, to try to heel the wounds from president Bush's first term.

Click on "Le JT en video" -> journal du 19/04 midi -> delegation belge Washington

http://www.la1.be/rtbf_2000/bin/view...id=0150043_sac

pdas1201 04-19-2005 10:02 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Princess Mathilde spoke at the University of Georgetown on the UN initiative for Microcredit, which aims to to build support for making financial services more accessible to poor and low income people. Afterwards, she along with Prince Philippe walked the streets of the university.

Gettyimages
Set 1