The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f239/)
-   -   Royal Family of Belgium: Currents Events, Part 3 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f239/royal-family-of-belgium-currents-events-part-3-a-5478.html)

Hannelore 05-24-2005 01:42 PM

Thanks Jelka ! :):):)

Great and nice gesture of them to offer lunch to the jury members. Also nice to see Fabiola again.

Needless to say I think Mathilde looks good, but I especially like Astrid's silk skirt, very classy and beautiful.

marezdote 05-25-2005 02:40 PM

3 Attachment(s)
A few more from Seeger Press.

Mette2 05-25-2005 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marezdote
A few more from Seeger Press.

Also more pictures at this link:

http://www.royalpress.nl/elisabeth.html

marezdote 05-26-2005 06:38 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Here are some mor efrom Seeger Press. Mathilde looked lovely IMO. Red is a good color on her.

marezdote 05-26-2005 06:39 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more from Seeger Press.

Cathérine Bergeyck 05-26-2005 02:53 PM

8 Attachment(s)
05/05/2005

Albert & Paola at the ceremony for the anual queen Paola prize for education which goes to a school/teacher/initiative from each of the three communities.

At the royal palace in Brussels

Mette2 05-27-2005 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
From Getty Images.

May 27th 2005.

Albert and Paola were in Sweden today.

Royalties pose next to a bust of former Queen Astrid as they took part in the inauguration of the exhibition "Astrid - a princess of Sweden - Queen of Belgium" at the Hall of State in the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

marezdote 05-28-2005 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mette2
Albert and Paola were in Sweden today.

Royalties pose next to a bust of former Queen Astrid as they took part in the inauguration of the exhibition "Astrid - a princess of Sweden - Queen of Belgium" at the Hall of State in the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

For more pics of this event go to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...090#post219090

Cathérine Bergeyck 05-29-2005 08:10 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mette2

May 27th 2005.

Albert and Paola were in Sweden today.

Royalties pose next to a bust of former Queen Astrid as they took part in the inauguration of the exhibition "Astrid - a princess of Sweden - Queen of Belgium" at the Hall of State in the Royal Palace, Stockholm.

More pictures from the concert and the opening of the exhibition

Alexandria 06-05-2005 02:33 PM

I have put the posts so far of King Albert and Queen Paola's visit to China in a separate thread. I think such a historic visit deserves its own special thread!

You can see it here: http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=6123.

martha-louise 06-10-2005 02:08 PM

Since april, I see that the king is always wearing, at any occasion, a black tie. Also in China I see him with a black tie. Does anybody can guess the reason?

KikkiB 06-10-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by martha-louise
Since april, I see that the king is always wearing, at any occasion, a black tie. Also in China I see him with a black tie. Does anybody can guess the reason?

It might have something to do with the fact that the King lost his sister in April, and that he still is mourning her.

Emily 06-10-2005 05:55 PM

I think he lost his sister early in the New Year. Somewhere I read that they had a very close relationship, though, which I think I read is down to the fact that King Albert is her younger brother and since they lost their mother while both were quite young she was "motherly" toward him.

KikkiB 06-10-2005 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily
I think he lost his sister early in the New Year. Somewhere I read that they had a very close relationship, though, which I think I read is down to the fact that King Albert is her younger brother and since they lost their mother while both were quite young she was "motherly" toward him.

On the other hand, aren't Belgians catholics? It might be due to the passing of Pope John Paul that he keeps wearing a black tie. Just my thinking...

Cathérine Bergeyck 06-11-2005 04:27 AM

I think it will rather be the death of his sister, Albert and Joséphine-Charlotte were very close. During her illness she was also treated in Brussels and often stayed at her brother's home where she had her own rooms.

Jelka 06-15-2005 01:50 PM

10 Attachment(s)
King Albert, Queen Paola and Princess Mathilde received the Ambassadors, accredited to the King since July 7th 2004, and their wives today for a reception at the Castle of Laeken

Jelka 06-15-2005 01:53 PM

10 Attachment(s)
More photos:

mandyy 06-15-2005 02:53 PM

8 Attachment(s)
More photos of the Belgian Royal Family and ambassadors, in Brussels, Belgium on June 15, 2005.

Mette2 06-15-2005 06:33 PM

Thanks for the wonderful pictures Jelka and mandyy. Both Mathilde and Paola look very lovely and I like their clothes - and Albert looks nice too. I think Mathilde's belly look big already, and there's still 4 months to go. But I must admit I don't really know if it looks the normal size of someone who's 5 months pregnant. Can't wait to see the belly getting bigger, or even better to see the new baby. :)

HMQueenElizabethII 06-18-2005 07:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
The King received Romanian President on 16th June:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018
Jelsoft Enterprises