The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Royal Passions (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/royal-passions-5189.html)

Duke of Brunswick-Lüneburg 11-28-2003 03:04 PM

Hi everyone...

I heard once that King Juan Carlos of Spain is a very good sailor, and also King Harald of Norway.

Do you know if other Kings and Queens have hobbies? And if so, what their hobbies are?

Kind regards...

Dennism 05-05-2004 12:22 PM

The Queen of Denmark is an excellent painter. She also draws as well.

Amira 05-05-2004 02:43 PM

The last summer i saw King Mohamed VI of Morocco doing Jet sky ...one of his favorite Hobbies :)

norwegianne 05-05-2004 04:32 PM

Queen Sonja and Queen Margrethe walk in the mountains of Norway together...

Queen Sonja also sails, or at least she used to, albeit not as eagerly as her husband. She's also fond of art, decorating, and languages.

GrandDuchess 05-05-2004 07:56 PM

King Carl XVI Gustaf likes hunting (he has an exclusive group of hunting comrades that go on annual hunts together in the fall, always at Halle- and Hunneberg), boating (he owns a few boats and the beautiful yacht Polaris), cars and car sports (he has a fleet of smashing cars, and sometimes he’s present at Svenska Kungsrallyt, the Swedish King's Rally), skiing (he has completed Vasaloppet three times).

Queen Silvia enjoys gardening (which Crown Princess Victoria seems to have inherited from her mother) going to the opera, concerts and theatre.

royal_sophietje 05-06-2004 01:24 AM

HM Beatrix of the Netherlands loves sculpting :)

wymanda 05-06-2004 04:16 AM

Queen Elizabeth enjoys a day at the races and is considered an expert on the breeding of thoroughbreds.

She also enjoys stag hunting in Scotland and breeds and trains Labrador Gun Dogs.

Hannelore 05-07-2004 04:00 AM

King Albert was likes to ride motor bikes, and queen Paola loves gardening.

carlota 05-08-2004 05:56 AM

sofia of spain likes classical music and she is an expert on it.

also sewing... :P

Dennism 05-08-2004 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by carlota@May 8th, 2004 - 5:56 am
sofia of spain likes classical music and she is an expert on it.

She is? Cool. I will have to ask for her opinion the next time I see her. :P

carlota 05-08-2004 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dennism+May 8th, 2004 - 7:06 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Dennism @ May 8th, 2004 - 7:06 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-carlota@May 8th, 2004 - 5:56 am
sofia of spain likes classical music and she is an expert on it.

She is? Cool. I will have to ask for her opinion the next time I see her. :P [/b][/quote]
;) yes, she is...
it was said that she will be the one who chooses the music of the wedding, since she knows so much

Josefine 08-19-2004 10:30 AM

is there many painters in the royal cirkel?

hillary_nugent 08-20-2004 04:37 AM

any musicians among them ^__^ ??

maryshawn 09-03-2004 12:04 AM

What Do the Royals do in their free time?
 
If they have any that is. QN and KH got into gardening, playing gameboys, driving around on motorcycles and cars, birdwatching, boating and chess. They also--according to former butler in the "Washingtonian," constantly ordered movies and saw everything. QN was into "Dallas" for awhile and KH was a ham operator. Despite what QN wrote, the butler said they got up around 8ish, exercised, breakfasted and did their work. Then, they had dinner about 10 PM--tacos were KH's favorite and stayed up late. He said "for a royal couple, they spent a lot of time together by themselves."

I never hear if Abdullah or Rania have hobbies or interests......or Hamzah.....Princess Alia has horses to breed.......but do they travel, ski, do anything "fun"?

papillon 09-03-2004 12:27 AM

Well, QR likes to shop. :D

shelley 09-03-2004 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maryshawn
Despite what QN wrote, the butler said they got up around 8ish, exercised, breakfasted and did their work. Then, they had dinner about 10 PM--tacos were KH's favorite and stayed up late. He said "for a royal couple, they spent a lot of time together by themselves."

I cannot remember what Q. Noor wrote on the subject, but although she did try to be up earlyish, the late king was well known for his nocturnal habits. A typical day would have him getting up at about 11 -12, having a meal, going to work at about 2, and working through the afternoon and evening, eating again sometime through the day. Dinner would be very late, about eleven or so at night. It is true that he was a keen Ham radio operator. The evenings would either involve going to the private cinema or when videos came in, watching videos, late into the night. He rarely slept before 3 am. It made it very difficult for people who worked around him, as official Jordanian working hours were 8 am - 2pm so he would want to start work when most people were ending their working day.

Balqis 09-03-2004 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by papillon
Well, QR likes to shop. :D

Most women do, it's not a crime LOL. I've heard she likes to read too. Dostoyevsky has been mentioned as an author she admirers.

Balqis 09-03-2004 06:18 AM

King Abdullah loves to cook for friends and family. I like that.

shelley 09-03-2004 07:06 AM

Royal hobbies
 
P. Hassan enjoys skiing, swimming, scuba diving, water skiing ( he was the first Jordanian to waterski from Aqaba right down Tabuk on the Saudi coast and back !), polo, squash, hunting & shooting, cricket, hiking, and for his quieter pastimes, he is an avid reader, writer, loves listening to music and is very interested in archaeology. P. Hassan is also has a 6th Dan in Taekwondo. He enjoys movies and is particular fond of westerns of the John Wayne variety. He also has his helicopter pilot's license and enjoys flying . P. Sarvath is also a skiier, swimmer, diver, and works out regularly. She enjoys cooking, needlepoint, taking photographs, reading, gardening, archaeology and 'keeping in touch with friends'. Their children all ski, ride, swim and enjoy water sports, and are avid readers. P. Rashid is a very good rider and internationally ranked polo player and an excellent shot. A Cambridge 'blue' in both polo and shooting who also rode for Sandhurst and his regiment, ( The Lt. Dragoons) and captain of the Jordanian Polo Team, he will be competing in the World Cup later this autumn. The whole family enjoys travel and meeting new people from different cultures and the Hassan 'children' are very widely travelled as their parents made a point of taking them to many different places during their formative years, and they all lived as students in different foreign countries to improve their lanaguages. Between them, the family obviously all speak Arabic and English, and then variously have a fluency in French, German, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu and Russian.

Amoula 09-03-2004 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelley
P. Hassan enjoys skiing, swimming, scuba diving, water skiing ( he was the first Jordanian to waterski from Aqaba right down Tabuk on the Saudi coast and back !), polo, squash, hunting & shooting, cricket, hiking, and for his quieter pastimes, he is an avid reader, writer, loves listening to music and is very interested in archaeology. P. Hassan is also has a 6th Dan in Taekwondo. He enjoys movies and is particular fond of westerns of the John Wayne variety. He also has his helicopter pilot's license and enjoys flying . P. Sarvath is also a skiier, swimmer, diver, and works out regularly. She enjoys cooking, needlepoint, taking photographs, reading, gardening, archaeology and 'keeping in touch with friends'. Their children all ski, ride, swim and enjoy water sports, and are avid readers. P. Rashid is a very good rider and internationally ranked polo player and an excellent shot. A Cambridge 'blue' in both polo and shooting who also rode for Sandhurst and his regiment, ( The Lt. Dragoons) and captain of the Jordanian Polo Team, he will be competing in the World Cup later this autumn. The whole family enjoys travel and meeting new people from different cultures and the Hassan 'children' are very widely travelled as their parents made a point of taking them to many different places during their formative years, and they all lived as students in different foreign countries to improve their lanaguages. Between them, the family obviously all speak Arabic and English, and then variously have a fluency in French, German, Spanish, Turkish, Urdu and Russian.


Oh Weee Oh WOW! How do u know all that,U really do love Prince Hassan Alot!
Yea well i like him too,he's an amazing person,and from what I've heard he's so down to earth.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises