The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princely Family of Monaco (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/)
-   -   Official Portraits - Princely Family of Monaco (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f13/official-portraits-princely-family-of-monaco-511.html)

Julia 07-05-2003 01:51 PM

Official Portraits - Princely Family of Monaco

4 Attachment(s)
I thought it would be interesting to look at the Grimaldi family in art.

Here is a handsome portrait of Princess Charlotte at the height of her beauty....

H.S.H. Princess Caroline of Monaco, 1981
Sanguine, crayon noir et crayon a mine de plomb sur papier, 52 x 47.5 cms.

"The first of several portraits I created of Princess Caroline, for which she posed in July 1981, in my studio in Monaco. The portrait is now hanging in the Palace of Monaco as part of the Collection of her father Prince Rainier." By Andrew Vicari.

Princess Grace by Ralph Cowan.

Mr. Cowan painted this masterpiece in 1959 as a Christmas gift from H.S.H. Prince Rainier to his new bride.

Portrait of Princess Grace later in life...

Jade70 09-27-2003 12:35 AM

i like the Grimaldi family art. But was there ever a portrait's of Princess Stephanie? & Prince Albert :question: :question:

billabong 09-27-2003 06:07 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Julia@Jul 5th, 2003 - 12:51 pm
I thought it would be interesting to look at the Grimaldi family in art.

Here is a handsome portrait of Princess Charlotte at the height of her beauty....

who is she?? When did she born??

monaco70s 09-27-2003 11:28 AM

Princess Charlotte was the mother of Prince Rainier and Princess Antoniette. She is the daughter of Prince Louis II and a laundy woman. Her original name was Charlotte Louvet and wasn't recognized by her father. However when Prince Louis II needed a heir to continue the succession he only had one option: to recognize Charlotte as his legitimate daughter because he didn't have other kids. She married Count Pierre De Polignac and gave birth to Antoniette in 1921 and to Prince Rainier in 2003. Princess Charlotte later divorced Count Pierre.

She attended Princess Grace's wedding with a friend who was a Dr., who is thought to have stolen some jewels from the wedding guests.

Princess Charlotte died in 1977 in Paris.

Monaco70s

deidi 01-13-2004 07:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi. I'm new here and maybe my English is not that good, as I'm from Germany. But anyway I got a question.
Does anybody know, whether there are more photos available of official shootings than those which are actually published? I find it really hard to get those photos. So, if anybody of you has got such pictures, I would be really pleased if you would upload them or tell me, where I could find them on the internet.
Thank you so much.

Ennyllorac 12-19-2004 05:27 PM

Caroline strongly resembles Princess Charlotte.

LadyMacAlpine 12-19-2004 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by monaco70s
Princess Charlotte was the mother of Prince Rainier and Princess Antoniette. She is the daughter of Prince Louis II and a laundy woman. Her original name was Charlotte Louvet and wasn't recognized by her father. However when Prince Louis II needed a heir to continue the succession he only had one option: to recognize Charlotte as his legitimate daughter because he didn't have other kids. She married Count Pierre De Polignac and gave birth to Antoniette in 1921 and to Prince Rainier in 2003. Princess Charlotte later divorced Count Pierre.

She attended Princess Grace's wedding with a friend who was a Dr., who is thought to have stolen some jewels from the wedding guests.

Princess Charlotte died in 1977 in Paris.

Monaco70s

I just finished reading this for the first time and wanted to make corrections according to my information. Louis II wrote Albert I from Biarritz saying
Quote:

Once my dear little girl is safe in Monaco, I can leave.
Charlotte born Louise Juliette. She was sixteen when she arrived in Monaco and moved into the Palace without Albert's approval and he took up residence on the L'Hirondelle II moored in the harbor. Her father Louis loved her it was Albert's doing to send her away to a French convent school at age five. Louis was in the French army and visited her when he could. Louis had her brought to the Palace in Monaco for safety during the war. He recognized her as his daughter she just wasn't legitimate.

Ianna 12-26-2004 07:31 PM

Princess Caroline & Princess Grace

2 Attachment(s)
Photo 1. Prince Albert looking on Princess Caroline's portrait made by Andy Warhol

Photo 2. Princess Grace poses for her statue..I believe that Princess Caroline's statue is behind her's..( ..don't have the name of artist..sorry..)

monaco70s 12-27-2004 01:09 PM

Great pics Ianna I had never seen those. I think Grace was posing for a bust that's inside or so I think the family's quarters in the Palace. When Rainier celebrated his 50th year as Reigning Prince they interviewed him and I think I saw that bust inside his office or so.

Ianna 12-27-2004 05:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Thanx for additional informaion monaco70s..and it's definetly bust not statue..arghh..my english sometimes..

Here are some more;

Photo 1. Princess Grace by Andy Warhol
Photo 2. Princess Caroline by Andy Warhol..the famous one..
Photo 3. Princess Caroline retains a pose during a sitting for a portrait by Spanish painter Joaquin Torrents Llado (posted by sandee..but we couldn't see)
Photo 4. Portrait of Princess Grace with children from inside the Palace

Ianna 02-03-2005 06:15 PM

Princess Caroline

2 Attachment(s)
Photo 1. Collage of Princess Caroline, by Helmut Newton

Photo 2. Portrait by Andy Warhol

Ianna 02-04-2005 04:21 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Nice drawning towsend..

Finally I found name of the artist who made Princess Grace bust in my earlier post.(see above). The artist is Mrs. Carla Lavatelli. Actually she was invited in 1969. in Prince's Palace to make busts of Princess Grace and children- Caroline, Albert and Stephanie as part of family's private art collection. Mrs. Lavatelli describes that as one of her greatest memories.

Photo 1. Presentation of busts in Palace's gardens with Prince Rainier, little Albert, Princess Caroline and artist Mrs. Lavatelli
Photo 2. Busts of Princess Grace and children..Sorry for small pic..

Information found on artist web page..www.lavatelli.org

Ianna 03-11-2005 05:43 PM

Princess Grace statue

1 Attachment(s)
Princess Grace statue in Princess Grace Rose Garden in Monaco

nina86lila 03-13-2005 04:10 PM

art

3 Attachment(s)
I fin dsome art pixs...I hope we love them ....:)

monaco70s 03-13-2005 04:43 PM

The last one is a silk scarf...it's very artistic imo.

nina86lila 03-14-2005 10:20 AM

art pic

1 Attachment(s)
duplicate.......:D
and Ilove the effect on the last pic ...:eek:

Ianna 03-14-2005 05:46 PM

Portraits of Princess Grace and Princess Caroline

2 Attachment(s)
Portraits of Princess Grace and Princess Caroline made by artist Giuseppe Marchione

monaco70s 03-14-2005 09:07 PM

The Helmut Newton pic is a cool one, like you I like the effect on the last pic. Great portraits Ianna!

Ianna 03-15-2005 07:03 PM

Portrait of Princess Caroline and Prince Ernst August

1 Attachment(s)
Thanx monaco;)

I found one more..same artist Giuseppe Marchione

nina86lila 03-16-2005 05:19 PM

art pix

1 Attachment(s)
Great Ianna ! I love the art of Caroline and Ernst !:)
They are so beautiful and...............in love !:p THANK YOU !! ;)

another art of Charlotte !