The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings General Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   Next Royal Wedding 2003-2008 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/next-royal-wedding-2003-2008-a-4713.html)

royal_sophietje 11-02-2003 02:17 PM

Next Royal Wedding 2003-2008

Which royal couple is the next one to announce their engagement?

Lena 11-02-2003 03:06 PM

There arenīt many possibilities anymore. I can remember that a few years ago a lot of people were surprised that so many crown princes were still bachelors...but in the last 4 years this has changed rapidly...

Let me think...all children of reigning monarchs are married, except:
-prince charles (but he was married, who knows if he will ever marry again)
-cp Victoria (even if she will marry Daniel Westling...I cantībelieve that she will marry before 2005. There are already 2 crown princely weddings in 2004)
-prince Carl Philip (I think he will finish his studies before)
-princess Madeleine

children of princes/grand dukes as possible candidates
-prince Guillaume or his brother Felix (but they are too young)
-prince Albert (more than overdue)

grandchildren of a monarch, who are already grown up
-prince William (I think he and his brother wonīt marry before 30)
-prince Harry

children of ex-monarchs
-prince Nicholaos

All other houses have managed it to marry all their children off.

So my personal guess is: prince Albert is the next one, then prince Nicholaos and then prince Carl Philip.

royal_sophietje 11-02-2003 04:34 PM

Prince albert next? Finally!!! :lol:

Who do you expect to be the lucky one??

Lena 11-02-2003 05:19 PM

Yes, I know my ranking is very keen...so probably a 1:1000 chance that Iīm right. But I canīt believe that prince Albert is now looking at his european colleagues and at his nephews and nieces and canīt hear a huge clock ticking ;)
I donīt remember that a relationship between Albert and any woman lasted really long, so probably a possible princess-to-be wouldnīt be his girlfriend since a long time (a prince-Felipe-case ;) ).
But looking at his strange contacts with women let me really assume that heīs gay. But if we look at prince Edward...he becomes in a few days a daddy....

hrhcp 11-02-2003 06:29 PM

Quote:

Lena  Posted: Nov 2nd, 2003 - 4:19 pm

canīt believe that prince Albert ... strange contacts with women let me really assume that heīs gay.

Or he got scared off women ?
Or, all the ones up to now have been ... how did some-one put it here earlier ... gold-diggers ?

Or, there are going to be three crown princely weddings next year between the beginning of May and the end of June. Yeah, sure.

Lena 11-02-2003 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by King Christian@Nov 2nd, 2003 - 5:29 pm

Or, there are going to be three crown princely [SIZE=14]weddings[/color] next year between the beginning of May and the end of June.  Yeah, sure.

NOOO, they canīt do this, I donīt know how I should plan all my jobs, classes, practicals around all these weddings. I want to watch them ALL live on TV. And Iīm really upset that the wedding of Mary D. and cp Frederik is on a friday (why friday? all BIG Royal weddings were on Saturday) :angry:
;)

mktv2000 04-23-2004 07:23 PM

Any idea who the next engagement will be? For some reason I think it is going to Prince Carl Phillip of Sweden.

Lena 04-23-2004 07:50 PM

Hm, prince Carl-Philip is still a bit young...his parents (and friends) probably ask him to wait until he has finished his education or until heīs more "mature"...and to me he doesnīt seem, as if he would be a rebel...
My guess is (though I really feel naive writing it ;) ) prince Albert...he will surprise us all (like Felipe did)

sara1981 04-23-2004 10:08 PM

im sure! but Prince Albert still as singles for long time his sisters got married but Prince Carl-philips would wait but he young i think he still dating Emma?

Sara Boyce

Fireweaver 04-24-2004 02:59 AM

At this rate, I'm guessing one of the Jordanian Royals. Who's still single there? :)

carlota 04-24-2004 04:38 AM

i would love to see zara being the next...
but maybe victoria of sweeden or madelaine will be the next royal brides

Alisa 04-24-2004 11:33 PM

Quote:

At this rate, I'm guessing one of the Jordanian Royals.
:lol:

I'm going to go with Prince Nikolaos of Greece B)

mybags 04-25-2004 12:11 AM

Alisa, I'm with you on Prince Nikolaos of Greece. It seems about time that he got hitched.

Lalla Meriem 04-25-2004 01:53 AM

Well, Jordan has a ton of royals. They don't have a limit on the number of generations that the title is passed like in other countries. All you have to be is a male line decendant of a King of Jordan or Iraq.

The only Princes of age to marry are Prince Hashim Al-Hussein and Prince Rachid El-Hassan. Princess Noor Hamzah's brother is still too young by just a few years. Prince Faisal and King Abduallah's sons are way to young. There is also HH Prince Hussein Mirza who is the son of Princess Alia Al-Hussein and Nasser Mirza who was made a prince by King Hussein. There are still a quite a few of their beautiful Princesses left, though.

royal_sophietje 04-25-2004 02:35 AM

I think our dear Albert is the next.

H.M. Margrethe 04-25-2004 04:55 AM

What about prince Gustav of Berleburg then ?

Alexandria 04-25-2004 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe@Apr 25th, 2004 - 4:55 am
What about prince Gustav of Berleburg then ?
Is he currently dating anyone? We hardly ever hear anything about Princess Benedikte's children as they are relatively private individuals. I hope the broken engagement to Eve (?) de Rochefort didn't sour Gustav on further relationships.

A wonderful suggestion none the less, H.M. Margrethe. Some happiness again for the Berleburg family after Richard's cancer treatment and recovery would be wonderful news.

Bubbette 04-25-2004 12:49 PM

I also think Nikalos.

mktv2000 05-04-2004 12:52 PM

Is Nikolas seeing anyone specific? I was thinking Carl Philip because of how long he has been with his girlfriend. Seems like forever!

Mascha 05-04-2004 04:35 PM

I think princess Madelaine, i read somewhere that she asked her father if she could marry Jonas and he said no!!! :cry:
:unsure: