The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Ruling Family of Dubai (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/)
-   -   Engagements of CP Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Maktoum & Sheikh Ahmed: May 15, 2019 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f170/engagements-of-cp-sheikh-hamdan-sheikh-maktoum-and-sheikh-ahmed-may-15-2019-a-46406.html)

QueenMahidevran 05-15-2019 08:41 PM

Engagements of CP Sheikh Hamdan, Sheikh Maktoum & Sheikh Ahmed: May 15, 2019
 
Hamdan, Maktoum and Ahmed marry to cousins.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxgDCroBK6Q/

Rossina 05-15-2019 09:07 PM

The crown prince of Dubai HH Sheikh Hamdan Bin Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum finally married his cousin & former fiance Sheikha Sheikha Bint Saeed Al Maktoum. His brothers also got married in the same ceremony; Sheikh Maktoum married Sheikha Mariam Bint Butti Al Maktoum while Sheikh Ahmad married Sheikha Madiyah Bint Dalmouk Al Maktoum.

The happy news was announced a few hours ago by many of the Al Maktoum official Instagram accounts.


Congratulations to all of them :flowers:

Somebody 05-15-2019 09:56 PM

Is it an engagement or marriage? Or maybe first marriage ceremony with a second one to follow?

So, they all married within the family? How close/far are they related?

Rossina 05-15-2019 10:03 PM

It is a nikah ceremony in which the couple sign marriage contacts but remain engaged until they celebrate their marriage. It is considered as an official engagement in the Gulf & Middle East.

Mademoiselle Lilo 05-15-2019 10:06 PM

Great news congratulations,do wz have pic for the bride?

CrownPrincessJava 05-15-2019 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossina (Post 2222275)
It is a nikah ceremony in which the couple sign marriage contacts but remain engaged until they celebrate their marriage.

Since CP Hamdan is marrying his former fiance, did they have a previous Nikah? Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question, but I am not that knowledgeable of Islamic Marriage rituals...

Rossina 05-15-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava (Post 2222278)
Since CP Hamdan is marrying his former fiance, did they have a previous Nikah? Sorry if this seems to be a stupid question, but I am not that knowledgeable of Islamic Marriage rituals...

I think it was just an engagement without a marriage contract, but I am not sure TBH. Usually, Gulf people consider the Nikah as the engagement ceremony.

CrownPrincessJava 05-15-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rossina (Post 2222279)
I think it was just an engagement without a marriage contract.

Is it safe to assume they must have had, albeit, a joint Nikah ceremony if it was released on social media?

Rossina 05-15-2019 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava (Post 2222281)
Is it safe to assume they must have had, albeit, a joint Nikah ceremony if it was released on social media?

I meant the couple`s previous engagement. This time they signed a marriage contract so they are legally married.

Countessmeout 05-15-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2222274)
Is it an engagement or marriage? Or maybe first marriage ceremony with a second one to follow?

So, they all married within the family? How close/far are they related?

Hamdan's bride is his first cousin I believe, their mothers are sisters.

Rossina 05-15-2019 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2222283)
Hamdan's bride is his first cousin I believe, their mothers are sisters.

Yes, that's true. All the brides are maternal cousins. Maktoum`s wife is his first cousin (her father is Sheikha Hind`s brother) while Sheikh Ahmad`s wife is their second cousin ( a cousin to Sheikha Hind).

Sare 05-16-2019 08:22 AM

I don't think sheikh hamdan married with shaikha for love if he is he married with her in 2010 probably he had family pressure
those who follow him on social media knows he has been very upset lately
I thought he would be a marriage like Prince Harry unfortunately

Al_bina 05-16-2019 09:04 AM

Congratulations to the couples!
It is surprising that Crown Prince Hamdan's engagement was not announced separately.

Biri 05-16-2019 09:07 AM

Congratulations to the couples!

fandesacs2003 05-17-2019 07:41 AM

Hello to all. Congrats to the future couple. I have a question. How old is the bride? Understand that they are engaged almost 9 years. What is the purpose to wait soooooo long?

Sare 05-17-2019 09:43 AM

I don't understand this point they're called of engagement in 2010 now they're married i don't think he loves shaikha if he love he was married in 2010 i think he had family pressure

Jamal12 05-17-2019 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 2222538)
Hello to all. Congrats to the future couple. I have a question. How old is the bride? Understand that they are engaged almost 9 years. What is the purpose to wait soooooo long?

shaikha turned 28 last December, I also think that he married by family pressure, the image of his instagram of the giraffes and the publication of his story, I think it says a lot about his state of mind

Esperanza 05-17-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamal12 (Post 2222554)
shaikha turned 28 last December, I also think that he married by family pressure, the image of his instagram of the giraffes and the publication of his story, I think it says a lot about his state of mind

The good news is that now he is free to choose the next wife when he wants!! I'm sorry for this girl because it seems from this :sick: marriage nothing will happen he is clearly very upset by all this. And he's making it crystal clear to everyone. Don't blame him, marry a cousin it's not everyone thing.

Jamal12 05-17-2019 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esperanza (Post 2222595)
The good news is that now he is free to choose the next wife when he wants!! I'm sorry for this girl because it seems from this :sick: marriage nothing will happen he is clearly very upset by all this. And he's making it crystal clear to everyone. Don't blame him, marry a cousin it's not everyone thing.

That's right, it's very clear that it was a forced marriage, the babies are not long in coming is what is expected, they will have some children and I see them marrying for the second time, I dare to say that I even see it sad, so I perceived it yesterday with the live videos that his smile did not reach his eyes.

Heavs 05-17-2019 01:15 PM

Good news for him if he takes a 2nd wife of choice but not for his first wife and maybe not his second since she would not be free to do the same. That seems like a good way of spreading the misery around. Potentially.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises