The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   State Visit from Singapore to The Netherlands: November 21-22, 2018 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/state-visit-from-singapore-to-the-netherlands-november-21-22-2018-a-45271.html)

eya 07-23-2018 12:30 PM

State Visit from Singapore to The Netherlands: November 21-22, 2018
 
At the invitation of the King Willem Alexabder, the President of Singapore, Ms Halimah Yacob, will pay a state visit to the Netherlands on 21 and 22 November 2018. The President will be accompanied by her husband, Mr Mohamed Abdullah Alhabshee.


https://www.royal-house.nl/latest/ne...t-of-singapore

eya 11-08-2018 12:32 PM

And the program for this State Visit.

https://www.royal-house.nl/latest/ne...pore---program

iceflower 11-21-2018 05:48 AM

.

The state visit has started today, November 21, with a welcome ceremony in Amsterdam:



** anp gallery ** anp gallery 2 ** rex gallery ** ppe gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **


** dailymail: Plum perfection! Queen Maxima looks chic in a cocoon coat and oversized hat as she and husband King Willem-Alexander..**

Duc_et_Pair 11-21-2018 07:29 AM

It must have been cooooooold on that windy Dam Square. Mr Husband Singapore quickly put on an ice cap... Nice to see the ceremonial guards from the Regiment Infantry Johan Willem Friso with their blue uniforms. It will have been their turn this time. Then we see the Guards' Regiment Fuseliers Princess Irene in their red tenues, then it is the Guards ' Regiment Limburgse Jagers in their green uniforms, then it is one of the Hussars' regiments, then it is a detachement from the Royal Navy, etc. there will be a sort of schedule.

What is the Order the Chef of the Military House (Rear Admiral Ludger Brummelaar) is wearing? The Swedish Order of the Polar Star?

https://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...397d2f12c7c936

Stefan 11-21-2018 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 2173510)
What is the Order the Chef of the Military House (Rear Admiral Ludger Brummelaar) is wearing? The Swedish Order of the Polar Star?

https://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...397d2f12c7c936


Picture doesn't work but if he is the ione behind the King it looks like the luxemburgian Order of Adolphe.

Duc_et_Pair 11-21-2018 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 2173520)
Picture doesn't work but if he is the ione behind the King it looks like the luxemburgian Order of Adolphe.


This is the picture: https://ssl.c.photoshelter.com/img-g...81121-2962.jpg


Indeed most likely the Military Order of Adolphe de Nassau, I can see the breast star with the crossed swords on the uniform: see picture. (This is an antique one from a collectioneur of militaria).


The other officer with the orange sash is the parade commander in the uniform of the Regiment Infantry Johan Willem Friso.

polyesco 11-21-2018 03:16 PM

Tonight's dinner
https://twitter.com/BlauwBloedtv/sta...26837017051139

An Ard Ri 11-21-2018 03:20 PM

The queen is not wearing any orders at the State Banquet?

iceflower 11-21-2018 03:39 PM

.

Here's an extra gallery of the state banquet, the above posted anp gallery 2 also contains photos of the evening:



** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

polyesco 11-21-2018 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 2173663)
The queen is not wearing any orders at the State Banquet?

I noticed that too.
Did they not interchange orders?

eya 11-21-2018 04:53 PM

One more gallery for the banquet tonight

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?...11-2018%20Gala

Duc_et_Pair 11-22-2018 02:39 AM

Princess Beatrix in between the Speaker of the House of Representatives Mrs Khadija Arib and the vice-Premier / Minister of the Treasury, Mr Wopke Bastiaan Hoekstra.


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dsjk2HcVAAAwM0e.jpg

Duc_et_Pair 11-22-2018 02:44 AM

This is not one of the usual sets of crystalware used for State Banquets. It looks like the King has purchased a new sleek, sober, simple and modern-looking set of cyrstalware: https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov...PE18112178.jpg

Duc_et_Pair 11-22-2018 02:46 AM

What a pity that there was no group photo with Princess Beatrix, Prince Constantijn, Princess Laurentien and Princess Margriet.

Duke of Marmalade 11-22-2018 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 2173508)
It must have been cooooooold on that windy Dam Square. Mr Husband Singapore quickly put on an ice cap... Nice to see the ceremonial guards from the Regiment Infantry Johan Willem Friso with their blue uniforms. It will have been their turn this time. Then we see the Guards' Regiment Fuseliers Princess Irene in their red tenues, then it is the Guards ' Regiment Limburgse Jagers in their green uniforms, then it is one of the Hussars' regiments, then it is a detachement from the Royal Navy, etc. there will be a sort of schedule.

What is the Order the Chef of the Military House (Rear Admiral Ludger Brummelaar) is wearing? The Swedish Order of the Polar Star?

https://previews.rexfeatures.com/pre...397d2f12c7c936

So true, I guess the first husband stole the show with his hat!!! Max isn't used to that :rofl:

http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Q...VaKva6Grvl.jpg

Mbruno 11-22-2018 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 2173792)
Princess Beatrix in between the Speaker of the House of Representatives Mrs Khadija Arib and the vice-Premier and Minister of the Treasury, Mr Wopke Bastiaan Hoekstra.


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dsjk2HcVAAAwM0e.jpg

No orders for Princess Beatrix either ! Even if Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix didn’t get any Singaporean decorations, shouldn’t they have worn their highest Dutch order ?

Duc_et_Pair 11-22-2018 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 2173808)
No orders for Princess Beatrix either ! Even if Queen Máxima and Princess Beatrix didn’t get any Singaporean decorations, shouldn’t they have worn their highest Dutch order ?

No any lady, besides the President of Singapore, wore an Order. Usually we would have seen the Speaker with an Order as well. Maybe this was the set dresscode?

Prince Constantijn wore his Dutch Order.

Prince Constantijn: https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Nov2018/PPE18112167.jpg

Princess Laurentien (opposite Princess Beatrix): https://j.gifs.com/kZy5mv.gif

iceflower 11-22-2018 04:42 AM

.

Day 2 started with a visit to the Horticultural Centre in Bleiswijk:


** video **


** anp gallery ** anp gallery 2 ** ppe gallery **


** updated rex gallery - both days ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery **

Duc_et_Pair 11-22-2018 06:54 AM

The vice-Premier had no Order:


But now I see also the Premier had no Order either: https://static0.persgroep.net/parool...RTFPREI0T1RBeQ


(The white uniformed gentleman is most likely the valet to the Singaporean President).

Mbruno 11-22-2018 07:09 AM

Better quality video of the State Banquet with a nice closeup look at the sparkling Dutch tiaras.



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8U0HkmRIso


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:09 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises