The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Harry and Meghan: Royal Wedding Miscellanea (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/harry-and-meghan-royal-wedding-miscellanea-44750.html)

JessRulz 05-05-2018 08:47 AM

Harry and Meghan: Royal Wedding Miscellanea
 
http://i66.tinypic.com/og9nvd.png
Coat of Arms of H.R.H. Prince Henry of Wales

The Wedding of
Prince Henry of Wales and Ms Meghan Markle


Wedding Miscellanea


**

Curbside 05-05-2018 01:12 PM

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...using-12446974

Meghan lookalike to attend as one of the members of the public invited to the wedding.

JuliannaVictoria 05-05-2018 03:03 PM

This is so ridiculous. She resembles Meghan in no way, shape or form with the exception of shiny black hair.

Curbside 05-05-2018 03:54 PM

I think she looks a lot like her. Certainly enough to be mistaken for her at first glance.

ACO 05-05-2018 04:31 PM

Yeah I am not seeing it. She looks nothing like Meghan.

hel 05-05-2018 06:16 PM

I can see why she gets hired as a lookalike.

With that said, I hope to goodness she drops the twee "I hope no-one mistakes me for the real Meghan" act on the day. It would be embarrassing for her mother, the person who was actually invited, for her to play up the link.

Curbside 05-05-2018 07:07 PM

I read that as joking about the resemblance. I'm not sure how she became the story, but I see it as pretty harmless.

Countessmeout 05-05-2018 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curbside (Post 2102884)
I read that as joking about the resemblance. I'm not sure how she became the story, but I see it as pretty harmless.

No, she actually has been hired as a look a like for Meghan. Like there were look alike photo shoots for William and Kate.

Stories about her have been around since January.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/52...kle-lookalike/

It just coincidence that her mother is one of the charity workers who landed an invite to the wedding. And Sarah will be accompanying her.

FashionMaven 05-05-2018 10:06 PM

I just don't see the resemblance - other than the hair. Her mouth, eyes and nose are different. Her skin tone is off and her face shape doesn't match. There are better Meghan Markle look-a-likes. She's not it. Sorry.

cdm 05-10-2018 03:15 AM

Harry and Meghan allready got married at Legoland.
https://twitter.com/LEGOLANDWindsor/...942499328?s=20

Tarlita 05-10-2018 05:18 AM

Well it looks like I will be hosting a wedding party at my place for several girlfriends who have asked if they can come to my place to watch the wedding. So I'm thinking we might dress up and i can buy some plastic tiara's etc etc. We might even have a little wager on what colour Her Majesty is going to wear. Should be fun to celebrate H & Ms big day this way.

Pranter 05-10-2018 07:23 AM

Tarlita not sure how Amazon is for your location but my granddaughter and I got two pretty nice tiaras (metal) for under 20.00 total. Mine is all 'diamonds' and hers is 'diamonds' and pink stones (she's 9).


LaRae

Tarlita 05-10-2018 07:39 AM

Thanks Pranter they sound wonderful.

Curbside 05-10-2018 10:15 AM

My daughter has many tiaras, including the ones we purchased at Party City to watch Cinderella in the theater a couple of years ago.

Somebody 05-10-2018 03:38 PM

Has the Lego version of the wedding been discussed? Without wanting to change the topic to race (there is a separate topic for that); it is noteworthy that Meghan's skin color is represented with a stone in the same colour as Harry and the rest of the (royal) family while her mother has been given a darker stone to represent her skin color.

RoyalHighness 2002 05-10-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Somebody (Post 2104567)
Has the Lego version of the wedding been discussed? Without wanting to change the topic to race (there is a separate topic for that); it is noteworthy that Meghan's skin color is represented with a stone in the same colour as Harry and the rest of the (royal) family while her mother has been given a darker stone to represent her skin color.

For all intents and purposes, Meghan is fair skinned, so I didn't really think there's is any fuss here.

Zaira 05-10-2018 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoyalHighness 2002 (Post 2104571)
For all intents and purposes, Meghan is fair skinned, so I didn't really think there's is any fuss here.


Meghan is lighter, but she is definitely not the same tone as Harry...

Ish 05-10-2018 05:10 PM

Id attribute that to a limitation of the product being used (LEGO) - they have a lego block that can be used to represent darker skin, and a lego block that can be used to represent lighter skin, but not a block that can be used to represent a skin colour in between the two.

Somebody 05-10-2018 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 2104592)
Id attribute that to a limitation of the product being used (LEGO) - they have a lego block that can be used to represent darker skin, and a lego block that can be used to represent lighter skin, but not a block that can be used to represent a skin colour in between the two.

That's what I was thinking as well but it looks like they have 4 different 'nougat' colours that double as skin colour.

wyevale 05-10-2018 05:54 PM

Personally, since boyhood, i've found Lego's colour range DEEPLY unsatisfactory...


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises