The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Grand Ducal Family of Luxembourg (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f69/)
-   -   Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family Picture Thread, Part 1 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f69/luxembourg-grand-ducal-family-picture-thread-part-1-a-4462.html)

hillary_nugent 12-26-2004 05:31 AM

8 Attachment(s)
here is a thread for pictures that don't seem to quite fit in any of the other threads because they may be old pictures or pictures that don't have a certain person etc. etc. feel free to post ANY picture related to the LRFhere , old or new!!! ^___^

Boy hasn't MT changed heaps? ^__^

hehehehe...i'm rummaging through Corbis' collection :p

hillary_nugent 12-26-2004 05:51 AM

12 Attachment(s)
hey look! Alexandra is a Disney fan!!!

The LRF in rome [2000] ^___^

Our Princes were such aodrable kids!!! ^____^

drimal 12-26-2004 10:22 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Wow great pics hillary_nuggent!:)
A few of these pictures are even unkown to me!

It is a great idea to start this thread!:)

I have some pics of the baptism of Prince Sebastien in 1992 and don't know where to post, but I think that they will be good in this thread!:p
I am sorry that the first two have a bad quality... but I was not the photograph;)

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 07:49 AM

2 Attachment(s)
WEDDING OF PRINCE HAAKON AND METTE-MARIT

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 07:56 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Grand Duke and Grand duchess of Luxembourg ^_____^

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 08:04 AM

9 Attachment(s)
I love the first picture!!! They are so cute!!! ^__^

Look at Alexandra sucking her thumb! what a cutie ^__^

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 08:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Felix with glasses :D

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 08:42 AM

8 Attachment(s)
the Luxembourg Bunch :D

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 08:50 AM

4 Attachment(s)
LUXEMBOURG: HENRI & MARIA-TERESA ACCEDE TO THRONE

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 08:55 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Guillaume turns 18 + family on Winter holiday ^___^

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 09:03 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Random pics :p

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 09:10 AM

4 Attachment(s)
AT THE LAC D'ESCH-SUR-SUREWhich prince i'm not sure.... >___< can some one tell? ^__^ I'm guessing Guillaume...

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 09:16 AM

4 Attachment(s)
M-T the Brunette :D

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 09:29 AM

8 Attachment(s)
More random pics :D

hillary_nugent 12-27-2004 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drimal
Wow great pics hillary_nuggent!:)
A few of these pictures are even unkown to me!

It is a great idea to start this thread!:)

I have some pics of the baptism of Prince Sebastien in 1992 and don't know where to post, but I think that they will be good in this thread!:p
I am sorry that the first two have a bad quality... but I was not the photograph;)

It is always nice to look back at old pictures and see how the princes and princess have grown into such gorgeous people so i hope everyone will enjoy this thread ^__^

and thank you Drimal for posting pics ^_______^

and don't forget everyone feel welcome to posts pics here ^________^

drimal 12-27-2004 10:14 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Nice pics hillary_nuggent! Thanks alot for sharing them!:)
Especially the winter pics and the one of Henri on the boat.:D
And alexandra is so sweet on the horse!:o

Here are some pics I have from a book:

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-28-2004 12:39 AM

So anyway, those pics of Sebastien clinging to Guillaume are sooo cute!
Those boat pics look like Felix, but I hear Guillaume is into sailing.

msfroyste 12-28-2004 01:42 AM

thanx drimal. i've never seen those pics you posted from the magazine. they're so natural looking and not "staged". it's very refreshing to see a royal family doing "normal" things in a "normal" way. they seem like they're all so close, which is a wonderful thing.

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-28-2004 10:23 PM

I've just noticed something. In some of those pics, Guillaume seems separated from the rest of the family. Does it seem odd to anyone else?

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 12:01 AM

4 Attachment(s)
1. PRINCE GUILLAUME OF LUXEMBOURG'S 18TH BIRTHDAY
Grand Duke Jean with his grandson Prince Guillaume
2/3/4. AT THE FISCHBACH CASTLE

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 12:11 AM

8 Attachment(s)
more pics ^___^

and more pictures ^__^

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 12:58 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Images.....:D

msfroyste 12-29-2004 01:52 AM

thanx hillary_nugent for the pics. i've seen most of these. and gaggleofcrazypeople, i have noticed that guillaume does seem to be "isolated" so to speak, from the rest of his family in pics. speaking from the position of an eldest child, i too seem to do that in most family pics, even though it usually isn't on purpose. perhaps it's just a subconscious thing.

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 03:03 AM

yeah sorry the pictures are old...but well they're here just in case any one ever wants to go down memory lane hehehe ^____^

i guess Guillaume may seem 'isolated' because he has more responsibilities being both the eldest child and the future Grand Duke...he probably has alot on his shoulders compared to his siblings....

msfroyste 12-29-2004 03:42 AM

it's quite nice to see how hot they've all become with age. including henri and m-t. the whole family's like wine, they're all getting better with age.

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 06:47 AM

3 Attachment(s)
And Don't forget Prince Louis he's turning into one handsome man too ^____^

he's 18 this year...was there any birthday party? i can't remember seeing any pics...

msfroyste 12-29-2004 06:50 AM

there were some, during the natl day period. in fact he has or had his own thread at one time too.

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 07:00 AM

7 Attachment(s)
the family in 2001

posing for pictures...omg look how beautiful their home looks!!! :D

drimal 12-29-2004 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillary_nugent
posing for pictures...omg look how beautiful their home looks!!! :D

Thanks alot for these beautiful pics.:)

The first one of the last photos with the dogs is my favourite picture! If it was not so big I would have made it as avatar.:o

And yes her living is very very beautiful! I found pictures in a magazine from the interior of the castles and palaces and it is very impressing!:)

Perhaps I will scan them and post them in the thread of symbols and functions.

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 08:06 AM

5 Attachment(s)
pictures ^____^

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drimal
Thanks alot for these beautiful pics.:)

The first one of the last photos with the dogs is my favourite picture! If it was not so big I would have made it as avatar.:o

And yes her living is very very beautiful! I found pictures in a magazine from the interior of the castles and palaces and it is very impressing!:)

Perhaps I will scan them and post them in the thread of symbols and functions.

You're always welcome :D

oh can you scan the pictures!!! it would be VERY much appreciated! i would love to see how lovely the rest of the house is!! ^______^

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-29-2004 10:35 PM

Hillary- you are amazing! These pics are amazing!
But, does anyone notice that Guillaume seems to wear really baggy clothes when all the other men in his family seem to wear tighter clothing?

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-29-2004 11:10 PM

Odd question- Are there any pics where you can see Felix's fingers?

hillary_nugent 12-29-2004 11:24 PM

You are welcome people ^___^ but you really should thank the free access of photo agencies...hehehe i'm just taxing their pictures and posting it here ^____^

@katielouise...sorry mate i don't know what magazine those pictures are from...i just found it some website... ^___^

@gaggleofcrazyppeople...hahahaha odd question yes but i will try and find pics with his fingers in them hahahaha...any particular reason why you want to see them??? :P

oh and one more thing...the bagginess of his clothes i think is because he is slightly chubbier than his siblings... ^___^

*flies off to look for pictures of Felix's hands* hehehe

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-29-2004 11:32 PM

My mind is way too random. But it seems like there are mostly pics of from the sholders up.

hillary_nugent 12-30-2004 12:21 AM

2 Attachment(s)
you can see his hands in these picsture ^____^ hehehehe

hillary_nugent 12-30-2004 06:10 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Guillaume once upon a time ^_________^

KatieLouise 12-30-2004 06:45 AM

That's one awesome cake - this was his 18th birthday, right? (By the way, who's that grappling with Sébastien's arm?)

hillary_nugent 12-30-2004 06:48 AM

3 Attachment(s)
hehehehe...Felix looks nerdie in the third picture ;)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KatieLouise
That's one awesome cake - this was his 18th birthday, right? (By the way, who's that grappling with Sébastien's arm?)

Perhaps Louis with his coat on? Guillaume wasn't there that day so it can't be him...i think...^____^

hillary_nugent 12-30-2004 07:03 AM

4 Attachment(s)
more random pictures :p

hey if you look at the birthday picture you will notice they don't put the candles on the cake...they seem to put it on some little cake or cup-cake or something...heheh strange yeah? maybe it is some tradition in Luxembourg...

KatieLouise 12-30-2004 07:09 AM

It looks like Sébastien was about to get in the way of the camera so Louis (or whoever) has grabbed hold of him!

hillary_nugent 12-30-2004 07:24 AM

4 Attachment(s)
more random pictures :D

hillary_nugent 12-30-2004 07:31 AM

Quote:

It looks like Sébastien was about to get in the way of the camera so Louis (or whoever) has grabbed hold of him!

looking closer i think it may the camera man because you can see abit or wire and abit of the fluffy thing cover those microphones on the top right hand side :p

KatieLouise 12-30-2004 08:56 AM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are some of the larger pics from Henri and Sébastien's bday, which I managed to swipe before ibl.se changed their format (to stop people stealing them). I also added one of Maria Teresa scrutinising Guillaume's beard... :D

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-30-2004 10:19 PM

Look at that last pic of Guillaume and MT. Even she doesn't like her son's facial hair!

msfroyste 12-31-2004 03:33 AM

Quote:

Here are some of the larger pics from Henri and Sébastien's bday, which I managed to swipe before ibl.se changed their format (to stop people stealing them). I also added one of Maria Teresa scrutinising Guillaume's beard... :D

as you can see, even she has good taste when it comes to facial hair. i wonder if it was her who encouraged him to loose it. hehe

KatieLouise 01-01-2005 05:46 AM

I think MT doesn't look too impressed. She's doing that tactful thing that mothers do of not criticisng their children openly but saying with her body language "That looks very silly, dear"

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-01-2005 10:26 PM

She is an amazing mom!

KatieLouise 01-02-2005 10:49 PM

She sure is, with - it seems - five well-raised, well-adjusted children! Maybe when Mother's Day comes around we should dedicate a thread to great pics of her with her children! :)

KatieLouise 01-02-2005 11:43 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's an older pic of Henri and Maria Teresa, which is very cute :) :)

msfroyste 01-03-2005 01:55 AM

i love that pic. they were a cute couple then, and they still are now.

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-03-2005 03:14 PM

You know, for a minute there, I thought they were matching.

ShksprNLov 01-03-2005 11:33 PM

They both look so young in the picture. Anyone know when was it taken?

suturegeisha 01-04-2005 12:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShksprNLov
They both look so young in the picture. Anyone know when was it taken?

It was taken on their honeymoon in the Bahamas.
Lollies!
-Kara-

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-04-2005 03:08 PM

You'd think because they're royal, they'd vacation somewhere more private. Yet, they are very modern.

KatieLouise 01-05-2005 04:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I think MT looks very "fairytale princess" in this pic - sorry if it's not very clear! :o :)

hillary_nugent 01-05-2005 06:21 AM

Thanks for the picture katielouise!!! i have never seen that one before ^___^ hehehehe...she must be a Disney6 fan as well...kinds of reminds me of Cinderella's dress!! :p

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-05-2005 04:46 PM

Yeah, it reminded me of Cinderella as well.

msfroyste 01-06-2005 01:43 AM

she looks nice in it, even though it's a little too 80's for my tastes. btw, i like mt better with darker hair.

KatieLouise 01-06-2005 02:30 AM

Yeah, it does look 80s - still she looks rather glamorous! Like Cinderella in her blue dress as Hillary and gaggleofcrazypeople said. I don't actually know when this pic was taken, unfortunately.

msfroyste 01-06-2005 02:41 AM

there are some more pics of the grand ducal couple over at the glittering royal events msg board. http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes

if you want to see them, you'd better hurry b/c they're at the bottom of the board and they're about to cycle out.

KatieLouise 01-06-2005 02:44 AM

Ah ha! :D One step ahead of you - that's where I got the MT/Cinderella picture!

msfroyste 01-06-2005 02:54 AM

ahhh ok. cool. i thought it was interesting and refreshing to see pics of them that i haven't seen yet.

msfroyste 01-06-2005 03:19 AM

2 Attachment(s)
here's a cute pic of the family when sebastien was a baby. i don't know if it's been posted yet. and i've posted the pic of mt playing the guitar too.:)

hillary_nugent 01-06-2005 05:08 AM

Thanks for the pics ^__^ i've never seen those before ^___^ our princes were such adorable kids!!!

msfroyste 01-06-2005 05:37 AM

as the saying goes, they grew up good, VERY good. hehehehe.

drimal 01-06-2005 06:35 AM

9 Attachment(s)
@KatieLouise and msfroyste: Thanks for the pics.:)
Maria Teresa certainly plays a Cuban tune on her guitar or some Flamenco dance... ole!:D

I have found some pics of weddings and visits of the Grand Ducal couple:

1. Grand Duke Henri and Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxemburg during "The Merchant of Venice" Screening, 61st Venice Film Festival Italia, Venice04/09/2004.

2. In The Hague on June 12th 2004. Prince Henri of Luxemburg and wife Princess Maria Teresa arriving at church for the christening of Her Royal Highness Princess Catharina-Amalia, daughter of His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Maxima (pic), is christened in de Grote of St Jacobskerk church in The Hague on Saturday 12 June 2004. Princess Catharina-Amalia was born in Bronovo hospital in The Hague on 7 December 2003. The Prince Willem Alexander himself was christened in de Grote of St Jacobskerk in September 1967 (text from Viennareport!)

3. on the wedding of Crown prince Frederik and crown princess Marie on the stairs to Frederingsborg Palace in Denmark on 14th May (Grand Duchess Maria Teresa and Grand Duke Henri are on the left of the second row!)

4. Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and wife Grand Duchess Maria-Teresa arrive at the Cathedral of Santa Maria la Real de la Almudena for the wedding ceremony of Crown Prince Felipe of Spain and Letizia Ortiz in Madrid-Spain on saturday May 22, 2004.

5.to 7. Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg, Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark with his fiance Mary Donaldson during a gala dinner at the castle of Fredensborg, October 20, 2003. The Grand Duke and his wife the Grand Duchess are in Denmark for a three day official visit.

8. and 9. Luxembourgs Grand Duke Henri , right , and his wife Grand Duchess Maria Teresa , left , pose for photographers in front of the Brandenburg Gate in Berlin , Thursday , October 12 , 2000

KatieLouise 01-06-2005 07:24 PM

Thank you too, drimal! :) Wow! Can Maria Teresa play the guitar? She's so accomplished! I love picture. I also love the group picture at Mary and Frederik's wedding - it's great to see the royal families all together - one big happy family!

hillary_nugent 01-06-2005 11:09 PM

Thanks for the pics Drimal! I totally agree with you Katie i love it when the Royals gather together ^_____^ You can see MT is a pretty social and open person the way she talks to Mary ^___^

msfroyste 01-07-2005 01:30 AM

mt is one of those royals you can look at and go,"we could talk about anything and it'll be ok b/c she's cool," type of person. she exudes down-to-earthness as do all of her children which is a wonderful thing. she and her children look like you won't get beaten down in the name of Jesus if you say something wrong to them. hehe.

Alexandria 01-14-2005 10:07 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Some very nice pictures of Grand Duke Jean and Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte and their young (adult) family. (In the last picture Jean and Josephine-Charlotte are pictured with Beatrix of the Netherlands.) Sorry, but I don't know the years for these pictures.

Source: Van Parys Media

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-14-2005 10:14 PM

Very nice pics. The first five look like they are from the seventies. They next two look like they are from the nineties. And the last one looks like it is from the late fifties.

lisamaria 01-20-2005 04:11 AM

MeanMeanMean

7 Attachment(s)
Hullo,

I found these pics looking for the funeral photos and just thought to post them, if no other, for comic value. No doubt, MT is a lovely lady BUT WHAT ON EARTH WAS SHE THINKING??? Also, one with Jean-Claude Juncker and a nice one of Felix. I don't know about you, but to me Alexandra really looks like a daddy's girl. She is always hugging her father in picture, and generally seems more affectionate towards him than towards MT.

-Lisa

KatieLouise 01-20-2005 07:25 PM

7 Attachment(s)
I don't know, Lisa. I think Henri and MT are pretty affectionate to each other in public and still look very much in love.

hillary_nugent 01-20-2005 11:54 PM

Quote:

I don't know, Lisa. I think Henri and MT are pretty affectionate to each other in public and still look very much in love.

MT and HEnri are definitely still in love ^__^ but i think Lisa meant Alexandra is more affectionate to her father than her mother.

msfroyste 01-21-2005 12:45 AM

well, alex's the only girl. before my sister was born, i was most definately a daddy's girl. besides, you know they probably spoil her rotten, but at the same time she's probably really tuff, considering the fact that all her siblings are boys and she probably doesn't take any kind of crap from them.

hillary_nugent 01-21-2005 01:12 AM

being the only girl and the baby of the family i am pretty much a daddy's girl but like msfroyste said having grown up around guys has toughen me up after years of being a dummy for their karate hahahaha...

lisamaria 01-21-2005 06:13 AM

Yes

Quote:

H! Yes, what I meant was that ALEXANDRA seems more affectionate towards her dad than towards her mother - and yes, you are right about MT and Henri.

I don't know if you or anyone here has seen the documentary about the king of Denmark whose children and grandchildren now rule every kingdom in Europe. In it, the late JC mentioned her parents, princess Astrid and king Leopold; they had been apart for some time, and when the ship she returned in Belgium hit the docks, she run down the bridge and straight to her husbands arms and kissed him. She said it was the first ever such public display of royal affection, and she spoke very warmly, happily about it. So Henri has been probably brought up to that. I have noticed though that there are great many pictures of them leaning over to kiss but not one in which their lips actually touch. Does that indicate that the Luxies are still a bit uptight about that...?

-L :)

lisamaria 01-21-2005 06:54 AM

Annoying really...

7 Attachment(s)
...but here a couple photos that hold relevancy to the message above. Or not. Is it just me or does Henri have a seriously nice bum? And I also noticed that his eyes might be green. I think MT is pregnant with Felix in the pictures, and was probably not very happy when they were published.
-L :)

Nathalian 01-21-2005 09:54 AM

What she´s doing in the pictures?? Sometimes, MT lose sense....

rere 01-21-2005 04:37 PM

The date on the photo is July 13, 1992. She was expecting Sebastien.

Hereditary Grand Duke Guillaume (born 11 November 1981)
Prince Felix (born 3 June 1984)
Prince Louis (born 3 August 1986)
Princess Alexandra (born 16 February 1991)
Prince Sebastien (born 16 April 1992)

Nathalian 01-21-2005 04:51 PM

Rere......if the picture is from July of 1992, how she was still pregnant from Sebastian if he as born in April of the same year?? Maybe,you meant July of 1991....

KatieLouise 01-21-2005 08:19 PM

Oh, I'm terribly sorry, Lisa!! :o I see what you mean - Daddy's little girl rather than Mummy's little girl - I'd agree with that. ;)

KatieLouise 01-21-2005 08:27 PM

I bet they didn't know these beach photos were being taken - nice to see Henri and Maria Teresa mucking around and having a fun time! :D

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-21-2005 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamaria
...but here a couple photos that hold relevancy to the message above. Or not. Is it just me or does Henri have a seriously nice bum?

Hopefully, Guillaume does as well...:p

hillary_nugent 01-22-2005 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalian
What she´s doing in the pictures?? Sometimes, MT lose sense....

hahaha...i think she is exercising...hahaha i can't blame MT for being unhappy about thos pictures being published...hehehe they're not very flattering :p

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-22-2005 10:10 PM

So anyway, I can't figure out which is my fave pic of this family.

Nathalian 01-22-2005 10:18 PM

Me too...they seem very good in everyone......it´s hard...

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-22-2005 10:30 PM

But definately not the birthday pics.

Nathalian 01-22-2005 10:34 PM

I like that ones from Olympics.....they look great in those!

gaggleofcrazypeople 01-22-2005 10:57 PM

Maybe the pics from their summer home in France in 2003.

pasiphaé 02-12-2005 07:08 PM

9 Attachment(s)
This is my first time posting pictures!

I hope it's ok!

rere 02-13-2005 02:09 AM

Welcome to this board, pasiphaé

Guillaume and Edward greeted Society of Luxembourg Students in Britain in 2003. I have seen pictures of the event, but not those. Thanks for the photos.

pasiphaé 02-13-2005 11:42 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Hi! I found these pics on luxembourg sites mostly but I can't remember exactly which ones.
Here are some others.

pasiphaé 03-02-2005 08:35 PM

9 Attachment(s)
I found those in seeger press

gaggleofcrazypeople 03-02-2005 09:49 PM

Uck! They hunt???

pasiphaé 03-02-2005 10:19 PM

I don't know! But I read in a magazine that Joséphine-Charlotte did.

But I didn't know Henri and Maria Teresa were hunting.

I was surprised when I saw this picture.

msfroyste 03-03-2005 04:57 AM

i knew j-c did and henri does hunt, but mt is surprising. hmmm

gaggleofcrazypeople 03-03-2005 07:14 PM

I thought they were supposed to be modern.

msfroyste 03-04-2005 06:19 AM

hunting is still "modern". there are members of my family that still hunt and they enjoy it thouroughly, although i don't participate myself. people in the developing world and in the developed world still hunt and i don't think there's anything wrong with it as long as ppl eat what they kill instead of killing the animal for sport. i think that's what henri and j-c did( killed animals for food) b/c i remember reading somewhere that in luxembourg, venison is a popular item of food.