The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Reasons why you never want to be royal? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/reasons-why-you-never-want-to-be-royal-4418.html)

bad_barbarella 12-20-2004 03:43 PM

Reasons why you never want to be royal?

:p Hey everyone... we live in a time where alot of people want to become royal... and it started me thinking... do these people know what they are giving up...

List the reasons why you wouldnt want to become royal xoxo

bad_barbarella 12-20-2004 03:48 PM

:) ok i will start the ball rolling... i dont want to become royal because:
  • everyone would want to know everything about your personal life
  • you would loose your freedom to be who you are
  • you would be expected to dress and act in a certain way
  • you would be followed by magazine photographers
  • your personal secrets would become everyones knowledge
  • you wouldnt be able to be interested in things like fashion without being hounded for being superficial

Alexandria 12-20-2004 03:50 PM

Number one for me -- and the biggest deterrent of all -- would be the loss of my privacy. I would hate the thought of having my every step followed and photographed and my every action (or inaction) analyzed and criticized. As a woman the "baby watch" and media scrutiny to produce a child would be so stressful and burdensome.

The tiaras and the gowns are nice, but my privacy is nicer and much more important to me!

kinneret5764 12-20-2004 03:57 PM

Let's see:

1. Loss of privacy - everyone would know my business before I even would
2. Possible kidnapping/assassination attempts
3. Any possible husband would only be with me for my money or my title.
4. If I weren't the king/queen, I'd had to get permission to leave the country
5. I would expected to be on my best behavior at all times; I couldn't lose my cool of cuss out somebody if I needed to.
6. My servants/employees would make money off of my secrets.

Being royal doesn't seem that much fun.

bad_barbarella 12-20-2004 04:01 PM

Also i think that everyone who has ever known you would sell out gossip

Jackswife 12-20-2004 04:03 PM

I'm waaaaaaaaaay too free-spirited and outspoken to be a royal. I can't imagine giving up my freedom and independence in the way that such a life demands. Also the scrutiny of one's clothes, weight, looks, mannerisms-:eek: I much prefer following the lives of the royals, rather than wanting to be one of them.

bad_barbarella 12-20-2004 04:06 PM

like you would have to give up who you are... just for some title or tiara... for a start i have always believed every girl is a princess... it must be hard for those who have recently transfered to being royal... being watched by millions... not being able to look like a dag...

semisquare 12-20-2004 04:27 PM

pros and cons to this subject
pros: u can travel for free, a lot a cloths for free, and u get your picture taken for free, people might really like u
cons: assissnation attempts, press following u everywhere u go, people using u,

Angel S. 12-20-2004 04:56 PM

The Bad things

1- assasination attempts
2- the paparazzi chasing you or trying to make you loose your temper.
3- can't vote or make any comments on politics.
4- can't say anything controversial even if you think it's the right thing.
5- You might have to change your religion.
6- Security has to go with you everywhere.
7- People will be jealous of you & may plot against you (courtiers etc).
8- you have to watch everything you say & do else the press will get ya.
9- You have to dress a certain way.
10- No more goth nights out.
11- every bad hair / skin day will be printed in the tabloids.
12- You have to smill all the time in public & be nice even if your feet hurt & you have a headache & PMS.
13- You work very hard to do a good job & appear like a good royal & some people are still not satisfied & never will be.
14- The pressure to marry well or have a baby right away.
15 - Having to dress up & wear a tiara even when you just want to be in bed in your PJ's.
16- Not having as much money as people think you do.
17- Always having to figure out what the "right thing" to do is.
18- After years of pushing yourself & being hard on yourself, you realize that mistakes happen & you'll never be perfect & having to live with that.

Yet with all that the one amazing thing about being a royal is that you have the opportunity to affect change on a global scale & to help people for the rest of your life. Some people can deal with all the things listed above for the chance to really make a difference.The chance to draw attention to charities & to meet important people & possibly influence them in a positive way. It's both a privilage and a very heavy cross to carry.

Angel S. 12-20-2004 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by semisquare
pros and cons to this subject
pros: u can travel for free, a lot a cloths for free, and u get your picture taken for free, people might really like u
cons: assissnation attempts, press following u everywhere u go, people using u,

Actually travel expenses are taken from your budget just like money to pay for employees etc. You might get some clothes for free (prob enough) but not all.

I think royals get paid a certain amount but out of that they have to pay everyone that works for them & their own personal things (clothes, travel, cars, etc).

sara1981 12-20-2004 05:14 PM

i have hard time to become Royals im wishes!

1.my family really pushes me lots! includes my MOM! i really dont like it!
2.I would leave the USA to become Royal Family as Crown Princess
3.I would took traditional and new tiara and become Princess of Wales and becoming Queen of England
4.my mother recalled me as bad languages includes Bitch,and lots of mores i dont like it im would like to more independent as Royals i wanted to watch your languages and my mom really more Bigger pushes since my grew-up im really hurt lots!
5.I would making statement to leave me alone for as paparazzi and more getting pictures of me on covers as Crown Princess like Princess Diana says that what Diana told paparazzi about Diana would leave country to leave Diana alone for rest of her life! because im American!
6.I like to chose include Princess Diana's designer Catherine Walker making daytime dresses and HM Queen's designer making evening dresses looks FAMOUS.
7.I really like being as Royal wife and being as Royal mother and lots more because more respectful!
8.I like to collection daytimes dresses and evening, hats making more famous when state visits and lots more if would making populars of clothes because im raise in American i read in-style lots and Wmagazine often about celebration DO and DONT and best or worses but i like being as best dresses like Princess Diana did! NO worse dresses!
9.I like to collection flowers from greets and crowds as Crown Princess because more respective same mostly Crown Princess,Countess,Duchess did but mostly Princess Diana did that! since 1997 when Diana's death more lots flowers in England because more respect to Princess Diana i would understand.

i think its would be that!

Sara Boyce

bad_barbarella 12-20-2004 05:31 PM

i dont think i could do it... even if i was seeing a prince... i just couldnt give up being me... i also wouldnt want anyone to know anything about my personal life... like where we met... if we have kissed in public etc...

not to mention the beauty curse... where you are watched like a victoria secret model... natuarally alot of women put on and loose weight over the year... how bad would that be for everyone to critise you on a fat day...

Freedom 12-20-2004 05:44 PM

Alright Ladies and Gents, I've often wondered if being completely in the public life would actually be a freeing experience. Everything you do is exposed, thus you can just be you. Granted, you do need to be a good & polite person, but if that comes naturally, then I do wonder if being royal, or a public figure in any capacity, could actually be a liberating experience?? :rolleyes:

BMC 12-20-2004 06:01 PM

I could NEVER be a royal or marry one. Never.
The loss of my freedom & privacy would be too great. And no I couldn't resist the urge to mouth off to or punch a reporter/photographer who had it coming to him/her!

Dennism 12-20-2004 08:18 PM

I wouldnīt necessarily worry about the assasination attempts. I mean if you are a celebrity of any kind, you might have stalkers and so forth. But for most celebrities being killed is not an issue like it may be for royals.

bad_barbarella 12-20-2004 08:58 PM

unless you are like me and have had stalkers... then you can worry

Ennyllorac 12-20-2004 09:01 PM

Loss of privacy would be the worst possible thing for me.

Dennism 12-20-2004 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
unless you are like me and have had stalkers... then you can worry

O, thatīs awful. I didnīt mean to demean the severity of the issue. Sorry.

semisquare 12-20-2004 11:58 PM

well angel s, im heartbroken i didnt know royals had a salary.
my new bennie franklin list
maybe a new free dress with matching hat, i can have as many childeren as i want,
the down side is same as above

bad_barbarella 12-21-2004 03:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
O, thatīs awful. I didnīt mean to demean the severity of the issue. Sorry.

:) its ok the police delt with it all