The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-harry-and-meghan-markle-general-news-1-november-2017-may-2018-a-43861.html)

Cocoasneeze 11-28-2017 11:40 AM

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, General News 1: November 2017 - May 2018

She'll apply for UK citizenship as soon as logistically possible, but will also keep her US citizenship.

Her dog Bogart is with good friends, and won't cone to UK, Guy is in UK.

Meghan and Harry will make their first joint appearance in Nottingham, this Friday, walkabout included.

Meghan is going to give up all her current patronages, but will take similar patronages soon.

She'll be traveling around UK the next few months to get to know the British people.

All this gathered from twitter.

jacqui24 11-28-2017 12:15 PM

Not sure if someone else has posted this, but KP has confirmed Bogart has been permanently rehomed while Guy is in UK with Meghan and Harry.

FashionMaven 11-28-2017 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2042870)
Not sure if someone else has posted this, but KP has confirmed Bogart has been permanently rehomed while Guy is in UK with Meghan and Harry.

Awww... how sad.

Pranter 11-28-2017 12:17 PM

Yeah I figured this was the case after what she said in the interview.

LaRae

evolvingdoors 11-28-2017 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2042870)

I’m very disappointed to hear this as someone who relocated with five cats to a different country and back.
Did they provide a reason why she has chosen to give him away?
I’m sure she’s a lovely person with a big heart but her value in my eyes just went down several levels.

Wasn’t Boggart the one from the pound Ellen told her to adopt?

jacqui24 11-28-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2042950)
Iím very disappointed to hear this as someone who relocated with five cats to a different country and back.
Iím sure sheís a lovely person with a big heart but her value in my eyes just went down several levels.

Wasnít Boggart the one from the pound Ellen told her to adopt?

Why did she go down several levels. :ermm: It's highly unlikely she would've left Bogart behind while moving Guy to UK if they are both fit to travel. Royal reporters were reporting that it was due to health reasons.

FashionMaven 11-28-2017 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2042960)
Why did she go down several levels. :ermm: It's highly unlikely she would've left Bogart behind while moving Guy to UK if they are both fit to travel. Royal reporters were reporting that it was due to health reasons.

Awww so Bogart is too sick to make the move maybe? Poor thing.

jacqui24 11-28-2017 01:00 PM

Emily Andrews asked about Christmas at Sandringham and expected to be told only married couples are allow, but to her surprise, the answer was that KP will announce Christmas plans in the coming weeks.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...51230226714626

Cocoasneeze 11-28-2017 01:02 PM

Quote:

Iím very disappointed to hear this as someone who relocated with five cats to a different country and back.
Iím sure sheís a lovely person with a big heart but her value in my eyes just went down several levels.

I have no doubt she had Bogart's best interest at heart when she left him behind. He's being well taken care of by people Meghan trusts.

loonytick 11-28-2017 01:03 PM

Quote:

Forcing a pet to undergo a long-distance relocation isn't always the kind or loving thing to do to. It depends on the animal and its needs. Meghan specifically said he was with "a friend," and she's spent a lot of time away from home in the last year and a half...I suspect the dogs have been spending a lot of time with a loving caretaker during her absences and that Bogart is simply going to remain with that person (to whom he has probably bonded). That sounds much more humane than subjecting an elderly animal to a very stressful and possibly damaging transition.

HRHHermione 11-28-2017 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loonytick (Post 2042975)
Forcing a pet to undergo a long-distance relocation isn't always the kind or loving thing to do to. It depends on the animal and its needs. Meghan specifically said he was with "a friend," and she's spent a lot of time away from home in the last year and a half...I suspect the dogs have been spending a lot of time with a loving caretaker during her absences and that Bogart is simply going to remain with that person (to whom he has probably bonded). That sounds much more humane than subjecting an elderly animal to a very stressful and possibly damaging transition.

That's the impression I got too- that she'd made the best decision she could for each dog individually based on what they could handle and what would make them happiest.

Pranter 11-28-2017 01:07 PM

Our son went thru this earlier this year when he and his wife moved to Germany from the U.S. After consulting with their vet, their Puggle was rehomed with closer friends who knew him well (and he loved them too) due to his health and 'smashed' nose of that breed. The vet felt it was 50/50 he would survive the flight over.

I wouldn't assume Meghan has just walked off and forgotten about her beloved pet.

LaRae

Cocoasneeze 11-28-2017 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loonytick (Post 2042975)

You said it so much better than I could.

It seems like it was the best solution for Bogart.

FashionMaven 11-28-2017 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2042982)
Our son went thru this earlier this year when he and his wife moved to Germany from the U.S. After consulting with their vet, their Puggle was rehomed with closer friends who knew him well (and he loved them too) due to his health and 'smashed' nose of that breed. The vet felt it was 50/50 he would survive the flight over.

I wouldn't assume Meghan has just walked off and forgotten about her beloved pet.

LaRae

What a difficult decision though, parting with a long term pet.

I once sat with a friend when her cat was euthanized. It was so sad. So I can understand Meghan not wanting to risk Bogart's health. I hope the other dog doesn't get heart sick without his/her buddy. I lost a puppy once who got so heart sick after our neighbor's dog (and her play date) died, that she became anemic, stopped eating and died.

I haven't had a pet since - too hurt by it all.

jacqui24 11-28-2017 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FashionMaven (Post 2043003)
I once sat with a friend when her cat was euthanized. It was so sad. So I can understand Meghan not wanting to risk Bogart's health. I hope the other dog doesn't get heart sick without his/her buddy. I lost a puppy once who got so heart sick after our neighbor's dog (and her play date) died, that she became anemic, stopped eating and died.

I think Guy is adjusting ok as Meghan said he's been in UK for awhile now and is doing great.

Pranter 11-28-2017 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FashionMaven (Post 2043003)
What a difficult decision though, parting with a long term pet.

I haven't had a pet since - too hurt by it all.

It's awful when you have to make the decision to put one down. We recently had to do this with a 17 year old cat we'd had since he was 6 months old.

He's not the first one and won't be the last though, we still love having pets. We have 2 dogs now, fish and soon to add a bird and 2 ponies for the grandkids. It's always a bittersweet thing.

LaRae

Dman 11-28-2017 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2042971)
Emily Andrews asked about Christmas at Sandringham and expected to be told only married couples are allow, but to her surprise, the answer was that KP will announce Christmas plans in the coming weeks.

https://twitter.com/byEmilyAndrews/s...51230226714626

She could spend Christmas with her family or she could spend Christmas with the royal family. Kensington Palace will let the media know.

American Observer7 11-28-2017 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 2043033)
She could spend Christmas with her family or she could spend Christmas with the royal family. Kensington Palace will let the media know.

Many of you seem to forget that Meghan has a mother and a father to spend Christmas with. Her parents may not be welcomed until after she and Harry are married. She is NOT going to leave her mother alone on Christmas to spend with the royals.

evolvingdoors 11-28-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2042960)

Okay we're probably vying off subject i'll give a quick answer:
I consider adopting a pet a commitment, a promise, ones make to that furbaby for the entire life of that pet. you do not abandon family, your children- be it human or furry ones.

I find it extra irritating and hrutful being someone who just relocated to the other side of the globe with a cancer sick cat (plus four healthy ones) I moved heaven and earth for her, spend thousands of dollars (and I do not have the financial mean Meghan has), there was no question when I relocated to the other side of the world (twice in 6 years) that the cats are coming with me - no matter what.

bogart is not even 10 years old.
I did a quick google search- because finding information is my thing and i remembered reading this blob about the dogs a couple months ago: How Ellen DeGeneres Convinced Meghan Markle to Adopt a Dog + More Facts From Our May Cover Star | Best Health Magazine Canada

He was 3 years old when this interview was done, Guy was about 4-5 (so he's actually older), The tig was already up and running (and it was only 3 years old when she closed it), so this interview had to have been done about 2-3 years ago.
So Bogart is actually about 7 years old, 8 at most.

No offense but if I was able to get the okay and bring my cancer sick cat (who is a year younger than Bogart) with me (though not to the UK), I can't even think of a reason she wouldn't.
While pets as big as Bogart usually need to fly in cargo, when flying via charter flight or bringing a pet via sea that is not needed and they can travel in Cabin.
and he is not among the problematic to fly breeds (like pugs and other short snot)

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...for-pet-travel

So I have a hard time understanding why the dog was left behind. Something just doesn't add up.
Honestly knowing how big the brits are about animal welfare, if he really was unable to join her in the UK due to health reasons she should have been the one to say it during the interview and not leave the PR team to handle it. her dog, her responsibility to provide the explanation.

So yes, I still like her in general, i'm sure she's an overall good person having been able to win Harry's heart. And no doubt this was a hard decision to make, but she made it none the less, I volunteered in shelters, the "health issues" is not reason, that being said I have heard worse.
hopefully where he has landed will truly be his Forever Home.
Sadly dogs who tend to get rehomed once are likely to find themselves rehomed again.

jacqui24 11-28-2017 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Observer7 (Post 2043039)
Many of you seem to forget that Meghan has a mother and a father to spend Christmas with. Her parents may not be welcomed until after she and Harry are married. She is NOT going to leave her mother alone on Christmas to spend with the royals.

We didnít forget. KP couldíve given a clear answer as they did with other questions, but purposefully kept this issue open even though there is a precedent in place. Given this, itís not out of line to think they might make certain changes to accommodate the coupleís specific situation.

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2043081)
Okay we're probably vying off subject i'll give a quick answer:
I consider adopting a pet a commitment, a promise, ones make to that furbaby for the entire life of that pet. you do not abandon family, your children- be it human or furry ones....

Bogart is an rescue, so we donít really know his lineage, and a lot of times, dogs do have genetic predisposition that causes early onset of disability or illness. We donít know what happened, but what is clear is that Meghan loves her dogs and couldíve moved Bogart to U.K. if she could like she has done with Guy. I donít think itíd be appropriate for them to ask KP for any further details as it might pour salt on the wound for Meghan since sheís had Bogart since he was a baby.

Pranter 11-28-2017 03:06 PM

They have said she will be flying in and out of the country prior to her marriage in order to see friends/family.

LaRae

Cocoasneeze 11-28-2017 03:39 PM

I don't think Meghan needed to explain any more why Bogart isn't coming to UK. He's in a good home, well taken care of. That's all that matters. Meghan doesn't owe the public any explanation about it, and prying for more info would be intrusive.

Fem 11-28-2017 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2043081)
Honestly knowing how big the brits are about animal welfare, if he really was unable to join her in the UK due to health reasons she should have been the one to say it during the interview and not leave the PR team to handle it. her dog, her responsibility to provide the explanation.

Oh. My. Lord. Her "responsibility to provide the explanation"? Seriously? She doesn't have to "provide" anything to anyone. It's her dog and from what information we have, he's well taken care for. Really, it's her private life, why should she have to say anything about him..?

Somebody 11-28-2017 04:04 PM

The engagement interview was about them, not about Meghan's pets. They were so kind to give a short explanation on their status (one in the UK, the other stayed in Canada) but moving an animal internationally might be worse from the perspective of the pet than leaving him/her at peace in a new home that he is already familiar with - as she has been gone a lot for the last year and a half. Moving a very sick pet to a different continent might be the best for/from the perspective of the pet owner (I am sure Meghan would have loved to have him with her) but not necessarily the best for the pet him/herself. It would be really hard to judge from the outside. I assume Meghan sought advice from the veterinarian and was advised not to move one of the two - and did what was best for the dog, not necessarily for her.

Unfortunately, my sister recently experienced that moving a pet (cat) is not without risks when their (seemingly completely healthy) cat died a few days after being moved (probably because of shock) - nobody even thought that might happen but it did.

M. Payton 11-28-2017 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze (Post 2043127)
I don't think Meghan needed to explain any more why Bogart isn't coming to UK. He's in a good home, well taken care of. That's all that matters. Meghan doesn't owe the public any explanation about it, and prying for more info would be intrusive.

Being married into or soon to be married into the BRF, one thing that I have learned is that your life is no longer your own, the only thing we really don't know about them is how many times they use the loo, what side of the bed do they sleep on, what is for breakfast.......yet having a furbaby which is Meghan's and she has had him long before Harry, yes it is her responsibility to not just take care of him but as now being in the public eye to let others know what happened to him for he has been a part of her life on social media and any thing that would happen to him would be of interest to those that are and have furbabies in their lives, like I do.

For me personally I would move heaven and earth for Payton, nothing comes before him in my life, nothing.....and I am sure it breaks Meghan's heart to leave him behind for after all he was there for her during good times and not so good times. If he has some type of illness that say he would not survive a long trip on the plane, ( I have taken all my dogs except Payton on very long air line trips across the US and Back) I can understand that. Dogs are just like us so called people, they have deep feelings of being abandoned and left behind, they suffer loss of another pet that is their companion like we suffer lose of a human, all animals are in a sense human like us 2 legged creatures, thing is they just look different and talk different yet we are all the same. If only more so called humans would truly understand not all creatures have to be like us so called 2 legged creatures for that is just what we all are.....creatures of this earth.:smile:

Osipi 11-28-2017 07:36 PM

Well. We do know that the Queen eats cold cereal out of tupperware boxes in the mornings. :biggrin:

I honestly believe that when it comes to furbabies, Meghan is among those that considers the adoption of one right up there as with adopting a child. I also believe that whatever decision she had to make, it was with Bogart's best interest at heart. Sometimes those decisions aren't the happiest ones for ourselves but the true parent opts in favor of the child.

I don't believe she has the obligation to inform all and sundry of each little decision she makes either. Most likely, if she did have to leave Bogart behind, its a raw, emotional thing for her still and not quite that easy to talk about. She knows Bogart is in the best place for him and is happy with the people he is with and has bonded to them so all is well.

M. Payton 11-28-2017 07:48 PM

:previous:
In my comment I never said Meghan had to tell of her every decision to the public, Bogart was with her on all social media, that was her choice to do that, and there are lots of people that relate to furbabies like you do as I do, so when something happens to one furbaby then those that have seen that on social media would take notice and wonder what was up.....if Bogart and his pictures were never on any social media of Meghan's then nothing would need to be said.:smile:

Moonmaiden23 11-28-2017 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze (Post 2043127)

Last summer there were several photos in the Daily Fail of Meghan taking Bogart to his veterinarian appointments. My hunch is that poor Bogie is not in the best of health, and a move to a new climate and country followed by six months in quarantine would be too much for him.:sad:

If Meghan is anything like me, being separated from her pet must be breaking her heart but she has the comfort of knowing that he is not stressed and is being cared for.

Osipi 11-28-2017 07:54 PM

We have to remember too that this was their engagement interview and there were too many other things to focus on and other questions to really go into detail about Bogart. It may turn out that more information is forthcoming as you said, there's an interest in both of her dogs. Perhaps she'll be asked about Bogart on one of her walkabouts and volunteer more information. Its possible. :biggrin:

All this could get Camilla to start goading Meghan towards a new rescue furbaby. If Ellen could do it, Camilla can too. :smile:

jacqui24 11-28-2017 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Payton (Post 2043336)
Being married into or soon to be married into the BRF, one thing that I have learned is that your life is no longer your own, the only thing we really don't know about them is how many times they use the loo, what side of the bed do they sleep on, what is for breakfast.......yet having a furbaby which is Meghan's and she has had him long before Harry, yes it is her responsibility to not just take care of him but as now being in the public eye to let others know what happened to him for he has been a part of her life on social media and any thing that would happen to him would be of interest to those that are and have furbabies in their lives, like I do.

I honestly don't think Meghan has any responsibility in informing us why her dog can't travel across the pond. The Queen doesn't inform us when one of her corgis passes away. She's already said that he's staying with close friends and that should be enough. I don't know why some on here jumped to the worse conclusion about her abandoning him when she's brought Guy over. Obviously, something is different in their situations. I think we should really be careful about this issue. I'm sure it was a difficult decision for Meghan and it does hurt even when you know it's for the best. Let's try not to pour salt onto the wound.

EllieCat 11-28-2017 08:12 PM

I found it interesting that Meghan pronounced 'aunts' (as in Harry's aunts) in the English way, rather that the American pronunciation 'ants'.

Regarding Bogart, I'm sure Meghan made the best possible decision; she seems a very loving and kind person. FUrbabies are always difficult; i myself have had to take my feline friend many times to the vet in the last couple of months, and he HATES to go; he howls and cries and is enormously distressed, but it's the best thing for him, and because of his 'mean mummy' he is now still alive (and happy) to tell the tale.

Pranter 11-28-2017 08:15 PM

https://www.instagram.com/p/BcDqAfnh84i/

Who'd of thought .....

Lisele 11-28-2017 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by American Observer7 (Post 2043364)
I get what you're saying but I still say she won't do it. But we'll see Anyway, from now until 5 years after they are married she is 100% American!! We'll see what SHE decides at that time. So, until then, point is moot and not worth debating.

She'll always be 100% American. Changing citizenships doesn't change you culturally.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2043389)

Love it!! :lol:

Dman 11-28-2017 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2043389)

It is an amazing photo of a young girl who’s on her way to becoming a princess in that big house behind her.

It goes to show you that our paths are already carved for us...we just travel the journey.

Frelinghighness 11-28-2017 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EllieCat (Post 2043386)
I found it interesting that Meghan pronounced 'aunts' (as in Harry's aunts) in the English way, rather that the American pronunciation 'ants'.

:previous: only some Americans prounce it the way you think. It is very regional.

jacqui24 11-28-2017 09:06 PM

Quote:

We say it both ways, or at least I've heard both quite frequently.

French Toast 11-28-2017 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 2043434)
only some Americans prounce it the way you think. It is very regional.

When saying the word "aunts" I know lots of people who say "onts" instead of "ants." It's pretty common in my part of the States.

O-H Anglophile 11-28-2017 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by French Toast (Post 2043440)
When saying the word "aunts" I know lots of people who say "onts" instead of "ants." It's pretty common in my part of the States.

One side of my family (New England/New York) say "ont" the other side (eastern Midwest) say "ant."

Mbruno 11-28-2017 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O-H Anglophile (Post 2043447)

One side of my family (New England/New York) say "ont" the other side (eastern Midwest) say "ant."

The traditional New England pronunciation is the closest in the US to British English phonology, but some of the younger generation seems to be losing it.

tihkon2 11-28-2017 10:52 PM

Quote:

That isn't the American pronunciation. It's one of the ways it's pronounced here. In my area of New England, we all say aunt, not 'ant'.

:smile:

Pranter 11-28-2017 10:54 PM

I'm from the south but have spent most of my life now in the midwest...everyone (I know in the south and midwest) says Aunt as 'ant'

LaRae

Juliette2 11-28-2017 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tihkon2 (Post 2043544)
That isn't the American pronunciation. It's one of the ways it's pronounced here. In my area of New England, we all say aunt, not 'ant'.

:smile:

I live in New England, too and I think most people pronounce "aunt" like the insect "ant"... I'll have to pay more attention to it, though...:flowers: I've lived several years in California and everybody there also pronounces it "ant", of that I'm sure.

Isabella 11-28-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juliette2 (Post 2043554)
I live in New England, too and I think most people pronounce "aunt" like the insect "ant"... I'll have to pay more attention to it, though...:flowers: I've lived several years in California and everybody there also pronounces it "ant", of that I'm sure.

In my experience, New Englanders are just about the only Americans who I've heard pronounce "aunt" in the way Meghan did ... but, as you point out, certainly not everyone in New England pronounces it that way (and those who do may be in the minority these days). The other times that I've heard Americans use any pronunciation other than "ant" is if it's a family thing (i.e. maybe the family originally came from New England), and I've also heard many African Americans use the "ont" (rather a than "ant") pronunciation, regardless of what region they're from.

Cocoasneeze 11-28-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Payton (Post 2043358)
In my comment I never said Meghan had to tell of her every decision to the public, Bogart was with her on all social media, that was her choice to do that, and there are lots of people that relate to furbabies like you do as I do, so when something happens to one furbaby then those that have seen that on social media would take notice and wonder what was up.....if Bogart and his pictures were never on any social media of Meghan's then nothing would need to be said.:smile:

She already responded to a question about her dogs, and it was clarified by KP, when asked more. Even after posting pictures of her dogs on instagram doesn't mean she owes any more explanation to WHY Bogart is not coming to UK with her. The post I replied to, says, that Meghan OWES an explanation to the public, and should've said it herself, not through KP.

Just because she's joining the BRF, doesn't mean, that she has to go into detail about her dogs, and their health. Both dogs ate well taken care of, in loving families, that should be enough.

Osipi 11-28-2017 11:49 PM

Just to clarify things, M. Payton was responding to me. She knows how I feel about furbabies and the two of us, as sisters, are very much in sync with each other in that regard. :biggrin:

jacqui24 11-29-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Payton (Post 2043358)

Are we seriously saying she's to explain things she posted on IG well before she decided to join the BRF? She also posted pictures of books that she read on social media, is it her responsibility to give a summary of the books? Where are we drawing the line here? All I'm saying is I don't think it's appropriate for public to push this issue further after clarification has been given by KP after an answer directly from Meghan. He's with people she trusts in a good home before she left. Isn't that what mattes? I'm sure it was a hard decision for her. Some kindness on a situation that I'm sure hold painful feelings for her shouldn't be so difficult. Even royal reporters are showing sympathy on this.

caethi 11-29-2017 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Isabella (Post 2043569)
In my experience, New Englanders are just about the only Americans who I've heard pronounce "aunt" in the way Meghan did ... but, as you point out, certainly not everyone in New England pronounces it that way (and those who do may be in the minority these days). The other times that I've heard Americans use any pronunciation other than "ant" is if it's a family thing (i.e. maybe the family originally came from New England), and I've also heard many African Americans use the "ont" (rather a than "ant") pronunciation, regardless of what region they're from.

Iím Canadian from the east coast and many of us do not say ďantĒ but ďawntĒ , however most of us might occasionally slip in an ďantĒ especially if referring to ďAunt MaryĒ or ďAunt BettyĒ. Meghan has been working in Canada for several years.

Osipi 11-29-2017 12:28 AM

All this talk about the pronunciation of "aunt" has got the theme for the Pink Panther running through my head and I'm singing along with it "dead ant, dead ant.. deadantdeadantdeadant". How do I stop it? :eek:

Curryong 11-29-2017 12:29 AM

Maybe when Meghan was introduced by Harry to his Spencer aunts and perhaps to Anne or Sophie she liked the way Harry and other relatives of his pronounced the term and decided to adopt it? Otherwise I'd say that pronounciation might be heard among older Canadians and Meghan was struck by it.

jacqui24 11-29-2017 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2043593)
Maybe when Meghan was introduced by Harry to his Spencer aunts and perhaps to Anne or Sophie she liked the way Harry and other relatives of his pronounced the term and decided to adopt it? Otherwise I'd say that pronounciation might be heard among older Canadians and Meghan was struck by it.

I really don't think it's that uncommon for her to pronounce it that way. While she was born in California, her father comes from Pennsylvania. It's not exactly the New England, but it is still northeast.

Countessmeout 11-29-2017 12:54 AM

I would think leaving Bogart behind was likely one of the hardest choices she had to make. From her posts she clearly loves both those dogs a great deal. If she wasn't able to bring Bogart with her, there was some serious reason. Even young dogs can unfortunately suffer serious health issues. My friend just lost her five year old chiwawa to illness. Being a rescue dog, he may have had some issues she wasn't aware of. The stress of the move would not have been good. I am sure he is happy with who ever she left him with, possibly who takes care of him when she is away.

I actually worry more about Guy. Guy is in a new home and without his best friend with him any more. He is adjusting to many big changes. That can be stressful on a doggy. Especially if Meghan is away with Harry visiting areas. Guy no longer has his buddy, nor does he have his usual babysitter.

Osipi 11-29-2017 12:56 AM

Its also very possible she picked it up in Canada where its not uncommon for French to be spoken. The French "tante" is pronounced much like "ahnt".

Either way, we know what she's saying.

Countessmeout 11-29-2017 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2043599)
Its also very possible she picked it up in Canada where its not uncommon for French to be spoken. The French "tante" is pronounced much like "ahnt".

Either way, we know what she's saying.

French is not that common except in Quebec. But I have heard 'ahnt' pronunciation in Canada plenty.

tihkon2 11-29-2017 01:31 AM

and everyone I know here in Connecticut says aunt, not ant. Homestly, are we going to argue about this?
As you all have been told, yes, some of us Americans have always said aunt, and the easiest explanation of Meghan using that pronunciation is because she always says it that way.

Not far fetched explanations of her picking it up based on French Canadiens or imitating Harry, or God knows what else...

XeniaCasaraghi 11-29-2017 01:33 AM

Good gracious, These 2 have gotten engaged and one day later people are discussing ahnt or ant?!

tihkon2 11-29-2017 01:35 AM

:lol::bang::whistling:

M. Payton 11-29-2017 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2043598)
I would think leaving Bogart behind was likely one of the hardest choices she had to make. From her posts she clearly loves both those dogs a great deal. If she wasn't able to bring Bogart with her, there was some serious reason. Even young dogs can unfortunately suffer serious health issues. My friend just lost her five year old chiwawa to illness. Being a rescue dog, he may have had some issues she wasn't aware of. The stress of the move would not have been good. I am sure he is happy with who ever she left him with, possibly who takes care of him when she is away.

I actually worry more about Guy. Guy is in a new home and without his best friend with him any more. He is adjusting to many big changes. That can be stressful on a doggy. Especially if Meghan is away with Harry visiting areas. Guy no longer has his buddy, nor does he have his usual babysitter.

I totally agree with you about Guy, when living else where at one time in the south, my friend had 2 dogs and when the older dog past away the younger pup suffered depression and refused to eat, she also past away with in a short amount of time. All animals suffer many of the same conditions that we humans do. Guy is in a new home, Bogart is not around, Meghan will be away more and he really will have a hard time I think adjusting to things. Age has nothing to do with it, our furbabies need the same routine as small children do so that they can adjust better to new things in the lives. Great insight Countessmeout...:smile:

Curryong 11-29-2017 01:47 AM

I don't know about away more. Yes Meghan will be visiting various parts of Britain on occasion, but she won't be doing it full time, just day visits mainly. When she was filming Suits she was away from home for many hours (those 4am starts) so no doubt Guy will be used to some separation. And the couple appear to have settled down at Nott Cott as homebodies a great deal of the time.

This doesn't discount at all the fact that these are huge changes and Guy may be missing Bogart terribly. However, Meghan loves him dearly and let's not forget Harry is very much a dog person too, so I believe Guy will be getting lots of affection and attention, and a new garden to explore!

Osipi 11-29-2017 01:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2043627)
I don't know about away more. Yes Meghan will be visiting various parts of Britain on occasion, but she won't be doing it full time, just day visits mainly. When she was filming Suits she was away from home for many hours (those 4am starts) so no doubt Guy will be used to some separation. And the couple appear to have settled down at Nott Cott as homebodies a great deal of the time.

This doesn't discount at all the fact that these are huge changes and Guy may be missing Bogart terribly. However, Meghan loves him dearly and let's not forget Harry is very much a dog person too, so I believe Guy will be getting lots of affection and attention, and a new garden to explore!

Maybe even Lupo will be around to help ease the loss of his play buddy. New home and new friends and a support system may be what Guy needs most right now.

I do agree with M. Payton that animals go through a lot of the things that we humans do. My dog growing up was very attached to my grandmother that lived with us at the time and they were constant companions. At 95 years old, she moved into a nursing home and died six months later. Although Grandma and Bingo were no longer together 24/7 as they once were, Bingo just instinctively knew Grandma had passed on and went into a corner and stayed there and refused to come out. He knew.

Countessmeout 11-29-2017 02:03 AM

:previous: Dogs are a lot like humans, they have personalities. They don't just get along with everyone, human or dog. He may get on greatly with Lupo, or maybe he will have a playdate with Camilla's dogs. But Meghan definitely needs to keep an eye on him. Depression is a concern with dogs. Going to Nottingham may not be a full time job but it will be full days gone. It will be an adjustment to the puppy, being away from not only her, but his usual dog walker, and his companion dog. He isn't used to being alone in the home, being the only pet.

evolvingdoors 11-29-2017 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2043361)
Last summer there were several photos in the Daily Fail of Meghan taking Bogart to his veterinarian appointments. My hunch is that poor Bogie is not in the best of health, and a move to a new climate and country followed by six months in quarantine would be too much for him.:sad:

If Meghan is anything like me, being separated from her pet must be breaking her heart but she has the comfort of knowing that he is not stressed and is being cared for.

The U.K. no longer has quarantine requirements- hasn’t had them for several years now- unless for super extreme cases, and even than it’s not 6 months (i son’t think it even was before, maybe a long, long, time ago). There is a protocol for importing pets into the U.K., and it is a super easy one when one comes from a commonwealth country. (Or the EU or the USA).
He would have had to have been truly, seriously sick, with a contagious illness, to not be importable at all!. There’s a couple of illnesses I can think of and trust me if he had those he would be dead already or about to the die very soon he would have been better off being put down.

Look I understand not wanting to relocate with a sick pet- I just did that myself relocating with a cancer sick cat, I had no choice or we would have stayed in the US longer.
I do think, that if this was a human child there would be people with those large forks things (the ones you see mobs in movies carry) outside of the palace.

So yes, I think providing a proper explanation during the interview “sadly I had to make the hard decision of rehoming bogart, he has (enter health issue name) and the vet professional advice was that he will likely won’t survive the stress of the flight and the move.

Thing is having knowledge about relocating with pets, and knowing this woman obviously have means (as she flew to the U.K. again and again for the last year, which probably cost her a lot of money) she could have found a way. Such as a charter jet, where bogart would not have had to be in a closed cage for the duration of the flight, quarantine is not needed - as she is coming from Canada- She could have gone with him on the plane, which would have reduced his stress. Could have brought a vet (there are companies who specialize in relocating pets, and have vets who can travel with the pet. I’ve seen owners of very sick pets go that route, and not all of them have the same means as Meghan does).

Like someone said: she chose to put the dogs on a public stage when she posted pictures of them and talked of them. She could have made the decision to avoid the dogs question- because I am sure they vetted the questions before hand- by asking it not be asked about them.
She aloowed the question to be asked, and provided a lacking answer, so lacking they had to dispatch the KP pr team to provide an answer.

jacqui24 11-29-2017 02:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2043642)
:previous: Dogs are a lot like humans, they have personalities. They don't just get along with everyone, human or dog. He may get on greatly with Lupo, or maybe he will have a playdate with Camilla's dogs. But Meghan definitely needs to keep an eye on him. Depression is a concern with dogs. Going to Nottingham may not be a full time job but it will be full days gone. It will be an adjustment to the puppy, being away from not only her, but his usual dog walker, and his companion dog. He isn't used to being alone in the home, being the only pet.

Iím sure Meghan, as a long time dog owner, understands she needs to pay extra attention to Guy. As she has already said in the interview, he has been in U.K. for awhile now and is adjusting well. Camilla Tominey in her reporting this pst Sunday mentioned that her dogís form 3 was filled out early in the summer. So itís safe to assume Guy has probably spent some one on one boys time with Harry while Meghan was filming and traveling between London and Toronto.

jacqui24 11-29-2017 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2043664)
The U.K. no longer has quarantine requirements- hasn’t had them for several years now. There is a protocol for importing pets into the U.K., and it is a super easy one when one comes from a commonwealth country. (Or the EU or the USA)

Look I understand not wanting to relocate with a sick pet- I just did that myself relocating with a cancer sick cat, I had no choice or we would have stayed in the US longer.
I do think, that if this was a human child there would be people with those large forks things (the ones you see mobs in movies carry) outside of the palace.

So yes, I think providing a proper explanation during the interview “sadly I had to make the hard decision of rehoming bogart, he has (enter health issue name) and the vet professional advice was that he will likely won’t survive the stress of the flight and the move.

Thing is having knowledge about relocating with pets, and knowing this woman obviously have means (as she flew to the U.K. again and again for the last year, which probably cost her a lot of money) she could have found a way. Such as a charter jet, where bogart would not have had to be in a closed cage for the duration of the flight, quarantine is not needed - as she is coming from Canada- She could have gone with him on the plane, which would have reduced his stress. Could have brought a vet (there are companies who specialize in relocating pets, and have vets who can travel with the pet. I’ve seen owners of very sick pets go that route, and not all of them have the same means as Meghan does).

Like someone said: she chose to put the dogs on a public stage when she posted pictures of them and talked of them. She could have made the decision to avoid the dogs question- because I am sure they vetted the questions before hand- by asking it not be asked about them.
She aloowed the question to be asked, and provided a lacking answer, so lacking they had to dispatch the KP pr team to provide an answer.

Just because she shared some information with us doesn’t mean it gives the public the right to interrogate her on sensitive and emotional matter such as this. She gave a brief answer when asked directly about her dogs and wish to move ion from the topic. Jason Knauf gave a slight more clarification This afternoon that Meghan meant it was a permenant situation since there were confusion from her comment about if it’s just for now or for good.

And how deeply should answer be? Should she be giving us details of Bogart’s medical condition? Have you thought maybe this is still a sore subject for her even though it’s the best decision for him? Should she give us the name of the person that took Bogart in, so people can go do a home check and make sure she picked a good family? Have you thought maybe she’d like to protect the privacy of friends who took Bogart in? Where is the line drawn? Did we go ask the Queen’s spokesperson when one her Corgi passed about why it passed? After all, we’ve seen pictures of them.

If a doctor told you your dog has 50/50 chance of surviving a long flight, but could have a decent life for a few more years if not moving, would you still do it? Some can argue that’d be quite selfish to risk it if a good alternative can be found. Of course the situation is different with actual human children as you can’t rehome them. What a ridiculous comparison. And this is someone who loves dogs and grew up with them.

Countessmeout 11-29-2017 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2043665)
Iím sure Meghan, as a long time dog owner, understands she needs to pay extra attention to Guy. As she has already said in the interview, he has been in U.K. for awhile now and is adjusting well. Camilla Tominey in her reporting this pst Sunday mentioned that her dogís form 3 was filled out early in the summer. So itís safe to assume Guy has probably spent some one on one boys time with Harry while Meghan was filming and traveling between London and Toronto.

Just because she filed the passport papers in the summer doesn't mean he has been in the UK since this summer. But yes, I am sure he has had some bonding time with Harry.

But even first time pet owners experience new things. As far as we know she has never helped a dog through separation. Guy was her second dog, he has never been the solo dog. But definitely happy to hear he is adjusting well.

jacqui24 11-29-2017 03:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2043672)
Just because she filed the passport papers in the summer doesn't mean he has been in the UK since this summer. But yes, I am sure he has had some bonding time with Harry.

But even first time pet owners experience new things. As far as we know she has never helped a dog through separation. Guy was her second dog, he has never been the solo dog. But definitely happy to hear he is adjusting well.

I didn’t say he’s been in U.K. since Summer, just that it’s consistent with the comment Meghan gave about Guy being in U.K. for awhile.

Honestly, I get we have people that love pets here, as I do. But I honestly don’t see the benefit of keep going on and on and how she should deal with her dog. She’s had them for a number of years, they are still alive and seemingly ok. She’ll figure it out and deal with things her own way.

Osipi 11-29-2017 03:30 AM

Blast from the Past

Ok. So its a night I'm not overly anxious to meet my pillows. On a hunch, I went back through old threads and found this post dated Valentine's Day, 2016.

Royal dogs have always been somewhat of interest around here and looking at this old post I wrote, I had to laugh as it actually happened. Less than two years later, we're talking about Harry bonding at home with a dog. The dog just happened to be very nicely attached to the perfect woman for him.
:biggrin:

"I still think Harry needs to get himself a dog. Over the years, Lupo has generated quite a bit of interest from the media starting with the big "secret" of what the Cambridges' puppy's name is.

But who knows? Maybe he's got himself a wonderful four legged best friend and is keeping it under the radar too. I think it was when he came back from Afghanistan for the second tour that he said keeping things under the radar was going to be his goal. Maybe he's doing an excellent job of it so far and the public sees only what he wishes them to see. That takes talent, cunning and strategy which I believe Harry has a lot of."

Cocoasneeze 11-29-2017 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2043669)
Just because she shared some information with us doesnít mean it gives the public the right to interrogate her on sensitive and emotional matter such as this. She gave a brief answer when asked directly about her dogs and wish to move ion from the topic. Jason Knauf gave a slight more clarification This afternoon that Meghan meant it was a permenant situation since there were confusion from her comment about if itís just for now or for good.

And how deeply should answer be? Should she be giving us details of Bogartís medical condition? Have you thought maybe this is still a sore subject for her even though itís the best decision for him? Should she give us the name of the person that took Bogart in, so people can go do a home check and make sure she picked a good family? Have you thought maybe sheíd like to protect the privacy of friends who took Bogart in? Where is the line drawn? Did we go ask the Queenís spokesperson when one her Corgi passed about why it passed? After all, weíve seen pictures of them.

If a doctor told you your dog has 50/50 chance of surviving a long flight, but could have a decent life for a few more years if not moving, would you still do it? Some can argue thatíd be quite selfish to risk it if a good alternative can be found. Of course the situation is different with actual human children as you canít rehome them. What a ridiculous comparison. And this is someone who loves dogs and grew up with them.

I completely agree.

I get that people love dogs, and want what's best for them. My personal annoyance comes from people acting like they're owed an explanation, by Meghan personally, why Bogart didn't move to UK with her. Most likely her choice to leave Bogart in a good, loving home, instead of moving him to UK, is what's best for Bogart. Even after posting pictures of the dogs on her ig, she owes us no extra info about them, except what she decides to share.

I also saw some comment elsewhere, that Meghan should've said who introduced her and Harry, or they shouldn't have mentioned them at all. That's just crazy. She and Harry are the ones to decide how much of their life they share with the public, and what's not going to be shared. Despite the fact, that she's becoming part of the royal family, and despite the fact, that they shared SOME info. They're the ones in the driver's seat about that, not the public.

M. Payton 11-29-2017 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2043664)
The U.K. no longer has quarantine requirements- hasnít had them for several years now- unless for super extreme cases, and even than itís not 6 months (i sonít think it even was before, maybe a long, long, time ago). There is a protocol for importing pets into the U.K., and it is a super easy one when one comes from a commonwealth country. (Or the EU or the USA).
He would have had to have been truly, seriously sick, with a contagious illness, to not be importable at all!. Thereís a couple of illnesses I can think of and trust me if he had those he would be dead already or about to the die very soon he would have been better off being put down.

So yes, I think providing a proper explanation during the interview ďsadly I had to make the hard decision of rehoming bogart, he has (enter health issue name) and the vet professional advice was that he will likely wonít survive the stress of the flight and the move.

Thing is having knowledge about relocating with pets, and knowing this woman obviously have means (as she flew to the U.K. again and again for the last year, which probably cost her a lot of money) she could have found a way. Such as a charter jet, where bogart would not have had to be in a closed cage for the duration of the flight, quarantine is not needed - as she is coming from Canada- She could have gone with him on the plane, which would have reduced his stress. Could have brought a vet (there are companies who specialize in relocating pets, and have vets who can travel with the pet. Iíve seen owners of very sick pets go that route, and not all of them have the same means as Meghan does).

Brilliant and you are right about everything.........being a huge dog/animal lover myself I am aware of how my dogs have suffered at the hands of others and what it takes to bring them back to a normal life. Dog are like small children, the want the same thing each day, home with family, food and plenty of love and toys, the same routine day in and day out, I am sure Bogart is in a great home yet that will never take the place of his home or mom and the same with Guy. Here is hoping for the very best of these 2 dogs and Meghan who new life will surly keep her very busy for quite a long time.:flowers:

evolvingdoors 11-29-2017 04:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Payton (Post 2043698)
Brilliant and you are right about everything.........being a huge dog/animal lover myself I am aware of how my dogs have suffered at the hands of others and what it takes to bring them back to a normal life. Dog are like small children, the want the same thing each day, home with family, food and plenty of love and toys, the same routine day in and day out, I am sure Bogart is in a great home yet that will never take the place of his home or mom and the same with Guy. Here is hoping for the very best of these 2 dogs and Meghan who new life will surly keep her very busy for quite a long time.:flowers:

thanks!
I have a guess on why bogart did not join her to live with Harry. Itís a hunch, and my hunches in matters of pets tend to be on point.

Curryong 11-29-2017 04:39 AM

And what is that hunch? That Meghan just couldn't be bothered? Or ....?

Perhaps you could write to Meghan and ask her for a full explanation!

Mbruno 11-29-2017 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2043603)
French is not that common except in Quebec. But I have heard 'ahnt' pronunciation in Canada plenty.

Nearly a third of the population of New Brunswick speaks French and French is also pretty common in eastern Ontario,, closer to the Quebec border and in and around Ottawa . There is an extensŪvel network of French-speaking public schools in Ontario to cater for the French-speaking minority.

Having said that, i don't think her pronunciation of aunt has anything to do with French , nor does it come from Pennsylvania where the pronunciation of English, at least in western PA, is pretty standard Midwestern / General American.

Cocoasneeze 11-29-2017 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2043701)
thanks!
I have a guess on why bogart did not join her to live with Harry. Itís a hunch, and my hunches in matters of pets tend to be on point.

And what is that hunch?

As for Meghan's pronunciation of aunt. I think she could've easily picked some of Harry's pronunciation, the word came up talking about his aunts, so she could've even unconsciously picked it on that subject. Accents and dialects and pronunciations aren't iron clad, they change for every person all the time depending of their logistics. I'm thinking, that Meghan will pick a lot more British pronouncing of words, as she's in other ways in a learning mode any way, learning about UK, for the citizenship tests, about the firm, patronages, people etc. She'll easily pick up accents and words too.

Denville 11-29-2017 04:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze (Post 2043705)
And what is that hunch?

Bogart doesn't like Harry? Bogart doesn't travel well? he's elderly, in poor health, is set in his way and unlikely to be abel to move well?

M. Payton 11-29-2017 07:06 AM

No need to be nasty about it.....

texankitcat 11-29-2017 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2043675)
I didnít say heís been in U.K. since Summer, just that itís consistent with the comment Meghan gave about Guy being in U.K. for awhile.

Honestly, I get we have people that love pets here, as I do. But I honestly donít see the benefit of keep going on and on and how she should deal with her dog. Sheís had them for a number of years, they are still alive and seemingly ok. Sheíll figure it out and deal with things her own way.

Amen! This topic has seriously gotten out of hand. She doesnít ďoweĒ anyone explainations regarding her decisions for the care of her pets simply because she shared pictures on social media.

Pranter 11-29-2017 07:42 AM

Seems to me folks are being nasty in their assumptions that Meghan has just abandoned her dog. Perhaps folks ought not assume the worst.

Ultimately it's none of our business. Because she's a public figure and has posted her dogs online (who hasn't. I've got a pic of my dog in my profile and on FB) doesn't mean the public has the right to know or tell a person what to do when it comes to their care, which none of us/you can possibly know about all the details about a certain animal.

Whatever the reason he was unable to make the trip, it's her decision and there's no reason to think she's doing anything but her best for the dog as opposed to her personal wants as his owner.

Geez people enough already. How many pages do we need to go on about her dog?

LaRae

AdmirerUS 11-29-2017 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2043708)
Bogart doesn't like Harry? Bogart doesn't travel well? he's elderly, in poor health, is set in his way and unlikely to be abel to move well?

He could also have one of the infections that would keep him out of the UK. I did try looking up what a pet Passport was, how long quarantine was etc. I quickly understood why people hire someone to handle this for them.

I've known animal rights activists/lovers that made this kind of tough choice. And it was always in the Dog's best interest rather than their own. I trust her to be making that same kind of decision.

Denville 11-29-2017 09:03 AM

well I hope that she is a responsible pet owner and has perhaps had to make the choice of leaving him in the US or Canada.. because of illness or because he's elderly and doesnt' seem up to travel.. but it goes to show, for months people have been posting about how wonderuful she is and how she and Harry are the most perfect couple etc and now that they're engaged, people are jumping on hr over her dogs etc.

Pranter 11-29-2017 09:26 AM

I mentioned this earlier yesterday. Our son and his wife don't have children yet, they have dogs. They are always posting their dogs online. They are their babies.

Earlier this year they had to move to Germany. During the vet process their regular vet told them if they took their Puggle (they have 3 dogs) it was 50/50 he wouldn't survive the flight over. Due to his physical condition (health problems). So they found him a home with good friends who were willing to take him and people the dog knew. They took their other two dogs with them. This was not easy. They were very upset about it. However they didn't want to risk him dying going over either.

They made the best decision they could make for the dogs welfare. Now the only reason I know all this is cause I'm the mother! They did not broadcast this to social media they are on.

So instead of assuming the worst about Meghan's (or anyone's) decision let us at least in good faith assume she did the best thing for the dog's sake.

LaRae

Empress Merel 11-29-2017 11:16 AM

Anyone who owns dogs or is a dog lover knows how heartbreaking it is to say goodbye to them, even if it's just a short while. I can't imagine Meghan ever taking that decision lightly and she is probably still has heartache from it. I know I would.

My sister had to re-home her cat when her son was born because he turned out to be allergic. It wasn't a decision taken lightly but still broke her heart to do it.

People are again being ridiculous yet again but what is new here?

jacqui24 11-29-2017 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2043779)
well I hope that she is a responsible pet owner and has perhaps had to make the choice of leaving him in the US or Canada.. because of illness or because he's elderly and doesnt' seem up to travel.. but it goes to show, for months people have been posting about how wonderuful she is and how she and Harry are the most perfect couple etc and now that they're engaged, people are jumping on hr over her dogs etc.

To be fair, I don't think the most critical voice on here about this was a regular poster or fan of the couple. And for others, it's more opinion based on a personal experience being reflected onto her than her actual situation as we don't have all the details.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2043792)
So instead of assuming the worst about Meghan's (or anyone's) decision let us at least in good faith assume she did the best thing for the dog's sake.

LaRae

Exactly! Everything we've seen about he dogs shows that they are loved and well care for. So I'm not sure why the benefit of the doubt isn't given here. I honestly don't think anyone in the royal family owes us any explanation about how they take care of their dogs until we see evidence of mistreatment, which we haven't seen.

Lady Reem 11-29-2017 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2043779)

Makes no sense for her to leave one pet behind and bring the other over if she was a heartless pet owner as some seem to suggest. If she had no good intentions it would make more sense to leave both behind. Personally I think Bogart is infirm. Long travel might endanger him causing more harm than good. Think about it.

Moonmaiden23 11-29-2017 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 2043434)
:previous: only some Americans prounce it the way you think. It is very regional.

Exactly. I was born in the Midwest and spent the first ten years of my life there, but the rest of the time I have lived in California.

Me and my entire family have always said AUNTS.

Denville 11-29-2017 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 2043869)
Exactly. I was born in the Midwest and spent the first ten years of my life there, but the rest of the time I have lived in California.

Me and my entire family have always said AUNTS.

Funnily enough someone I know said soemthign about their aunt recently and pronounced it very much AUUNT.. rather than closer to Ant which is what I'd say.. and it sound so "ultra posh".. made me almost giggle...

evolvingdoors 11-29-2017 12:35 PM

Yea i’m not going into this again, i’ve stated my point of view- based of of years of dealing with abandoned dogs and cats in shelters and as a foster home, as well as moly personal relocation experience and of others which I have helped.
I currently have more urgent matters in my life and have zero patience for people being nasty.

FYI: bogart is far from old, all past signs indicate he is barely 8 yearly old. And I have provided links and information to ways she’s could have still brought him over.
If he was truly sick with anything that would forbid him from relocating to a new country than no self respecting vet would have recommended putting him down. And if he is sick with any of illnesses, rehoming him at his condition is truly plain cruel to any dog.

Again I still think she’s a good person overall, and I am impressed with her resume. But yes I think less of her because of this, it has nothing to do with the engagement.

Now i’m choosing to be done with this topic.
I have zero emotional energy at the moment for the back and forth.
Again i’m not a royal watcher and I don’t think i’ve ever heard of her until recently.

KalliaRoyalistGR 11-29-2017 12:50 PM

Hello there! I am so thrilled about the news! They make a really cute and happy couple, I am really happy about them. I honestly can't wait until the balcony kiss!
I would like to ask you something. I would love to have an autograph from Meghan because I am a fan of her for a year now, so it would be amazing. I have watched her movies and tv projects and so far she is pretty good! Thing is I haven't sent her anything all this time. I have seen other royal brides before the wedding replying personally to some letters. Well I know that after the wedding there is no chance anyone can get an autograph from her due to the royal protocol but before this and maybe she's still an actress. I want to ask you, is something like that possible in a way now that she is not yet married to the Prince? And where to send the mail? Do you know any other way to reach out to her? Thank you a lot, guys. Wish the best to all of you and of course Prince Harry and Ms Markle.

jacqui24 11-29-2017 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2043899)
FYI: bogart is far from old, all past signs indicate he is barely 8 yearly old. And I have provided links and information to ways sheís could have still brought him over.
If he was truly sick with anything that would forbid him from relocating to a new country than no self respecting vet would have recommended putting him down. And if he is sick with any of illnesses, rehoming him at his condition is truly plain cruel to any dog.

We don't know what Bogart's situation is. It could be something that's chronic, and not temporary, but makes it unsuitable for him to travel whereas he could still live a relatively normal life. If that's the case, I don't know if any vet would say it's a good idea. They'll give her chances of him surviving long distance travel and being in a new climate and environment, and leave it up to her to decide it's worth the risk. Keep in mind that there are a number of things we don't know that are possible. It's possible that it's something that could be triggered by stress of long travel. It's also possible that there is a legal reason he can't be imported into UK.

As for rehoming him if he's sick with any illness being cruel. I'm not understanding this. If he can't travel without possible dire consequences, What do you suggest she do other than find a good home for him with people she trusts? She said they are good friends of her, so Bogart has likely met them multiple times before and is at least somewhat familiar with them.

It seems that there is an underlying assumption that Meghan hasn't made every effort to bring Bogart with her somehow. She's had him since he was a baby, and by all things we've seen, he's been cared for and loved. I highly doubt after all these years, she just threw up her hands and said oh well, I guess I'll just leave him.

Gaudete 11-29-2017 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KalliaRoyalistGR (Post 2043904)
I want to ask you, is something like that possible in a way now that she is not yet married to the Prince? And where to send the mail?

Given that the engagement has now been officially announced, you can send any good wishes to Harry and Meghan via Kensington Palace.

Tamara77 11-29-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Reem (Post 2043863)
Makes no sense for her to leave one pet behind and bring the other over if she was a heartless pet owner as some seem to suggest. If she had no good intentions it would make more sense to leave both behind. Personally I think Bogart is infirm. Long travel might endanger him causing more harm than good. Think about it.

Absolutely spot on....and many dogs are born with heart issues that make flying an impossibility-that is just a suggestion in this case. And here we are, with no understanding of the implications or health issues, making judgements on why she has done what she has with Bogart. I would say she has not been selfish in leaving him behind. She has been kind; and in loving him, made the best decision she could....even though it well could have broken her heart to do so. :sad:

Denville 11-29-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jacqui24 (Post 2043906)
We don't know what Bogart's situation is. It could be something that's chronic, and not temporary, but makes it unsuitable for him to travel whereas he could still live a relatively normal life. If that's the case, I don't know if any vet would say it's a good idea. They'll give her chances of him surviving long distance travel and being in a new climate and environment, and leave it up to her to decide it's worth the risk. Keep in mind that there are a number of things we don't know that are possible. It's possible that it's something that could be triggered by stress of long travel. It's also possible that there is a legal reason he can't be imported into UK.

As for rehoming him if he's sick with any illness being cruel. I'm not understanding this. If he can't travel without possible dire consequences, What do you suggest she do other than find a good home for him with people she trusts? She said they are good friends of her, so Bogart has likely met them multiple times before and is at least somewhat familiar with them.

Or he might be a conservative dog who doesn't seem likely to settle in a new home, far away.. Perhaps he hasn't taken to harry, or has been unhappy at other times if he has had to travel. And of course if he is ill, the best thing to do is to find him a loving home nearby with friends, where he wotn have so much stress. Really, Meg woud have been wiser not to talk about her dogs! I cant remember if the interviewer brought it up...

Lisele 11-29-2017 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cocoasneeze (Post 2043705)
As for Meghan's pronunciation of aunt. I think she could've easily picked some of Harry's pronunciation, the word came up talking about his aunts, so she could've even unconsciously picked it on that subject. Accents and dialects and pronunciations aren't iron clad, they change for every person all the time depending of their logistics. I'm thinking, that Meghan will pick a lot more British pronouncing of words, as she's in other ways in a learning mode any way, learning about UK, for the citizenship tests, about the firm, patronages, people etc. She'll easily pick up accents and words too.

That's so true. When I moved from Canada to South Carolina, I maintained my Canadian accent and certain words and phrases - still do. In the same token, I learned new words and phrases. After 16 years living here, I find that I use old and new words/phrases in my daily life. One thing I refuse to use/learn - that southern accent/drawl. Sorry to offend those folks that love their southern drawl/accent but it's not me :) This Canadian girl (from St. Catharines, Ontario) will never be a southern lady :) And I have always pronounced it AUNTS (ahwnts).

As to leaving/re-homing dogs, when I moved down here, I had to re-home both of my dogs who I raised from 6 - 8 weeks old (Strider - a lab/Rhodesian ridgeback mix and Gandalf - a lab/husky mix) to good friends as I couldn't take them with me - for various reasons. I miss them A LOT and even today I still cry when I see pictures of them. They were 8 and 7 years old when I left them and sadly I've lost touch with my friends (moving/life changes/deploying) so I have to assume my babies have passed on. :sad:

jacqui24 11-29-2017 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2043915)
Or he might be a conservative dog who doesn't seem likely to settle in a new home, far away.. Perhaps he hasn't taken to harry, or has been unhappy at other times if he has had to travel. And of course if he is ill, the best thing to do is to find him a loving home nearby with friends, where he wotn have so much stress. Really, Meg woud have been wiser not to talk about her dogs! I cant remember if the interviewer brought it up...

She did. Meghan was asked directly about her dogs when the corgis came up.

Another possibility is that Bogart can have some type of terrier mix in him. It wouldn't have been allowed in UK. Vets have, at times, identify dogs as mutt and they can be exported to a different country with their owners. However, they might have decided it's best to do a genetic breed test so that it doesn't become an issue in the future given she's not just marrying Joe Schmo. If he is a mix with terrier, and by looks of it, it's possible, by law he shouldn't be.

cepe 11-29-2017 03:10 PM

Maybe Guy and Bogart need their thread

loonytick 11-29-2017 04:13 PM

Regarding her pronunciation of aunt, I'm surprised nobody's yet pointed out that through much of the US, an awful large portion of the African-American community says it [ont]. It's not universal, but probably the pronunciation I hear most from my black friends. My mixed-race college roommate used to tease me (in a friendly way) for saying [ant].

FashionMaven 11-29-2017 06:23 PM

Quote:

While it's also regional - it's kind of a common "joke" in the US that black people say "aunt" and white people say "ant". I just saw a funny skit about this the other day, mentioned it to my mother, who laughed.

Given that Meghan was raised by her black mother - it may simply be a case of that. I don't know any black people who say "ant", though I'm sure there are some. I think the common assumption is that black people say "aunt".

Also - there were some posts that asked forever ago what Meghan's natural hair texture was. I found an article that shows that she has natural 3B hair (I have the same texture, so that was exciting to see for no reason other than I'm geeking out that someone with my texture hair will be in the BRF - I know it's silly but I never thought that would happen)...

https://www.popsugar.com/beauty/Megh...tures-44311021

The author wants her to wear it natural to the wedding - I don't see that happening but it would be so nice one day soon to see her natural hair. Not sure if Meghan blows it straight or has a relaxer though. If the latter, she'd have to stop relaxing first and then big chop to show off her natural texture.

jacqui24 11-29-2017 06:26 PM

Yea, I don't think we are going to see more curls for the wedding than what we've seen so far. :lol: Meghan seems to prefer the blow out look. I think she'll do something different for the wedding obviously, but I highly doubt it'll be full curls.

MARG 11-29-2017 06:42 PM

:previous: I can't remember ever going to a wedding where the bride had her hair au naturel. Some were blow-waved but if the bride was wearing a veil the hair then there were hairpins and heavy-duty hairspray on their updos.

Lady Nimue 11-29-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FashionMaven (Post 2044112)
While it's also regional - it's kind of a common "joke" in the US that black people say "aunt" and white people say "ant". I just saw a funny skit about this the other day, mentioned it to my mother, who laughed.

Given that Meghan was raised by her black mother - it may simply be a case of that. I don't know any black people who say "ant", though I'm sure there are some. I think the common assumption is that black people say "aunt".

I have never heard that. :ermm: To me the 'ont' is the norm, and 'ant' is the outlier. I wonder if it has something to do with French and English. It was pointed out to me once that the way we say some words in the U.S. has to do with whether French or English was the language influencing a region. Example of that would be the word 'foyer', said Foy-yer (English) or Foy-yay (French). Same with the word 'envelope', said en-ve-lope (English) or on-ve-lope (French).

JessRulz 12-01-2017 03:25 AM

Posts about Meghan's UN speech / commercial have been moved to the http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...und-43856.html thread. Please use the 'Background' thread for discussion about Meghan's previous charity work and the like.

Sun Lion 12-01-2017 06:56 PM

Daily Mail has fifty photos from Meghan's friend -

Meghan Markle seen in 50 rare and candid photographs | Daily Mail Online

Wishing them well. Hope the restrictions and limitations of the Royal way of life don't bore Meghan after a few years.