The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   James and Julia Ogilvy and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/james-and-julia-ogilvy-and-family-4361.html)

flirtmooni 12-21-2003 03:52 AM

are there pictures of flora and
alexander????how is the relatioship between them?are there cousins?

kelly9480 12-21-2003 01:29 PM

Those children aren't royal and they are left alone by the press -- as they should be. Their father's sister has two children who live in England. No one knows anything about their mother's side of the family, whether there are cousins -- and no should.

mybags 12-15-2004 11:27 AM

James and Julia Ogilvy and Family

The first public photos to my knowledge of James and Julia's children, Flora and Alexander, were published by Getty Images at the Mary Poppins Gala Preview. If anyone can post them that would be great. I would but something has happened to my computer and I can't post pictures anymore.

Bubbette 12-15-2004 12:01 PM

Who are they?

karla64 12-15-2004 01:25 PM

Hi...

James Ogilvy, Son of princess Alexander and Sir John Ogilvy...

Cousin of Queen Elizabeth.... Am I right?????

Hope that help you

Karla

Elspeth 12-15-2004 03:55 PM

Nearly right. James Ogilvy is the son of Princess Alexandra (daughter of George VI's brother the Duke of Kent) and Sir Angus Ogilvy, son of the Earl of Airlie.

Scott 08-01-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flirtmooni
are there pictures of flora and
alexander????how is the relatioship between them?are there cousins?

They are brother and sister. They have two cousins on their fathers side, mothers side - unknown. As pointed out, they are not royal, they just happen to have royal relations.

HMQueenElizabethII 10-06-2005 06:34 PM

3 Attachment(s)
James Ogilvy attends a champagne reception celebrating the 10th anniversary of Luxury Briefing, a business publication for the beauty and luxury industries at the Dunhill.store on October 5, 2005 in London
Pictures from Getty Images:

CasiraghiTrio 06-23-2010 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mybags (Post 152158)
The first public photos to my knowledge of James and Julia's children, Flora and Alexander, were published by Getty Images at the Mary Poppins Gala Preview. If anyone can post them that would be great. I would but something has happened to my computer and I can't post pictures anymore.

Back in 1996 when James launched Luxury Briefing he and Julia participated in a feature for Town & Country. There were beautiful photos of J & J with their kids. There was a sweet one with James and Flora on a swing at their house in Fife. Those are the only pics I ever saw of the kids. I have no doubt you can see them on the Palace at the Trooping each year, but I never looked for them, so I don't know.

It seems that Flora is a student of St. Leonard's School. I guess she is about 16 now? It looks like the school is coed so her brother is probably also enrolled. Welcome to St Leonards*-*"New head, new exam system, new prep school, new lease of life for St Leonards. Wow." I wouldn't be surprised if they go onto St. Andrews University were their parents met. :)

kalnel 07-19-2010 11:46 AM

Did James and Julia divorce, or did they reconcile? I seem to recall reading that they'd broken up a year or two ago.

Lumutqueen 07-19-2010 12:59 PM

From what I can find, they never divorced.

MarleneKoenig 07-20-2010 01:43 PM

They were never separated --
Quote:

Originally Posted by kalnel (Post 1113803)
Did James and Julia divorce, or did they reconcile? I seem to recall reading that they'd broken up a year or two ago.

Mermaid1962 07-21-2010 05:33 AM

In that third pic,there's something about James Ogilvy that reminds me very much of his late father.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII (Post 296725)
October 5, 2005 in London
Pictures from Getty Images:

AnalogKid 02-11-2011 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio (Post 1101366)
It seems that Flora is a student of St. Leonard's School. I guess she is about 16 now?

16 just gone yes. There's a profile on Facebook which seems to tally with what's known about her, though whether it's actually her or someone pretending to be (as commonly seems to be the case on social networks) is another matter.

Lenora 07-27-2013 09:05 AM

Stunning newcomer Flora Ogilvy, who is 45th in line to the throne, will play a part in the ITV drama when it returns to our screens in September.
A true blue blood joins Downton Abbey as actress Flora Ogilvy is 45th in line to throne | Showbiz | News | Daily Express

mslewis 07-27-2013 12:38 PM

According to the article, Flora has a "walk-on" in Downton Abbey, she does not have a "part" in the show. It is very unlikely we will even actually notice her.

Warren 07-28-2013 12:46 AM

:previous:
An article made even more curious and confusing in its first version when the story was about a Fiona Ogilvy, not just Fiona once but Fiona repeatedly.
Thankfully someone picked up the error (or it was pointed out to them) and she has now been correctly named Flora Ogilvy.

Spheno 05-07-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

St Andrews University graduate Julia Ogilvy, pictured left, recently launched her latest book ‘Women in Waiting: Prejudice at the Heart of the Church’ in St Andrews with some help from BBC journalist Nicola Carslaw.
Insight into Kirk prejudice - Fife Today

royal-blue 05-08-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kelly9480 (Post 58456)
Those children aren't royal and they are left alone by the press -- as they should be. Their father's sister has two children who live in England. No one knows anything about their mother's side of the family, whether there are cousins -- and no should.

Very true, although having said that, Lord Freddie and Lady Gabriella Windsor are the same relation to the Queen but are fairly well known, especially in the press.

Lumutqueen 05-09-2014 05:23 AM

Because they choose to be, you're also replying to a post that was made 11 years ago. Times change.