The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Ceremony and Protocol (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f162/)
-   -   Royal Funerals and Royal Mourning (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f162/royal-funerals-and-royal-mourning-4342.html)

HMQueenElizabethII 12-13-2004 05:32 AM

Royal Funerals and Royal Mourning

Please post pictures of past Royals here such as: Queen Victoria,King George V,King Geogre VI, King Olav V, Queen Mary, Duke of Windsor, Princess Grace, Lord Mounbatten, .....

I mean the funerals photos.

Josefine 12-13-2004 06:25 AM

take a look at the different forums we got several threads about funerals just search with funeral and the name of the royal
id there is a funral that you canīt find post it at the forum the royal belongs to

sara1981 12-14-2004 01:28 AM

how about late Princess Diana of Wales,Prince Charles,Earl and Countess of Wessex and lots of more in British Royal Family and also Prince William and Prince Harry and lots more.

Sara Boyce

rchainho 05-07-2005 02:27 PM

Mourning period of each royal family?

I know that after the death of prince rainier III, prince albert is going to succed him after 3 months.
What is the mourning period of each royal family to suceed in the throne?

norwegianne 05-07-2005 05:51 PM

King Olav died in January 1991, and King Harald received the blessing from the bishops in Nidarosdomen in June the same year. However, he swore to uphold the Constitution four days after his father's death.

How long the period of mourning lasts, varies, I think. There is the heavy period of mourning, which I've read lasts for about three months, where in the Royal Family doesn't undertake any official engagements.

GrandDuchess 05-07-2005 06:07 PM

When a monarch dies, the heir succeeds him/her as the new monarch as soon as they have died. The enthronement ceremony or whatever is held takes place later of course.

I believe I've read something like what Norwegianne says, that 3 months is a normal period of Court mourning.

cuervo 05-07-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
When a monarch dies, the heir succeeds him/her as the new monarch as soon as they have died. The enthronement ceremony or whatever is held takes place later of course.

I believe I've read something like what Norwegianne says, that 3 months is a normal period of Court mourning.

.....Unless,there are serious reasons(possible revolution,physical catastrofies) and the succeror takes over immediatelly!!

sara1981 05-07-2005 07:14 PM

what about British Royals?

many people still mourning of late Princess Diana in 1997 because of favorite Princess very much many people been mourning for months or more till 1 years? im not sure!

and also 2 Royals in 2002 includes Queen Mother who died in March 2002 and Princess Margaret in February or March im not sure! but we had mourning for months follow death of Queen Mother and Princess Margaret also but im not sure how long Princess Margaret and Queen Mother been in mourning?

Sara Boyce

GrandDuchess 05-07-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cuervo
.....Unless,there are serious reasons(possible revolution,physical catastrofies) and the succeror takes over immediatelly!!

Yes, as I said in my post:
Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
When a monarch dies, the heir succeeds him/her as the new monarch as soon as they have died.

The enthronement ceremony or whatever is held takes place later of course.

LaMinka 08-10-2005 10:41 AM

Sara is Prince Charles, Prince William, Prince Edward dead?

I dont think so!

LaMinka 08-10-2005 10:42 AM

I have never seen a photo from the funeral of King Haakon 7., Queen Maud or Crown Princess Martha of Norway. It is no pics on the Norwegian royal forum. Have you pictures?

Royal Fan 11-29-2007 02:32 PM

Ive Heard Forgot where When QEII Passes only 5 months of morning before Charles Coronation

wbenson 12-03-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fan (Post 699205)
Ive Heard Forgot where When QEII Passes only 5 months of morning before Charles Coronation

That would probably depend on when in the year the Queen will die. I can't imagine that if the Queen died in August that they would have a January coronation.

LadyFinn 12-22-2007 03:35 PM

Photo of Queen Maudīs funeral 1938
ANP Beeldbank

petersymonds2 12-27-2007 01:49 PM

Does anyone know what date Princess Beatrice (daughter of Queen Victoria; 1857-1944) was buried at Whippingham Church on the Isle of Wight? I know it was sometime in August 1945, but the exact date would be helpful.

magnik 12-27-2007 03:03 PM

The funeral of Queen Victoria took place 2nd February 1901
The Funeral at Windsor of Queen Victoria. The Royal Windsor Website.com by ThamesWeb

YouTube - The Funeral of Queen Victoria 1901

and links to few other Hanover and Saxe-Coburg-Gotha/Windsor funerals
Royal Funerals at Windsor. The Royal Windsor Website.com by ThamesWeb

LadyFinn 12-27-2007 03:04 PM

According to Wikipedia princess Beatrice was buried on the 3th of November, 1944 (she died on the 26th of October), her body was exhumed in August, 1945 and reunited with her husband, Prince Henry, at Whippingham Church.
Wikipedia
Some sources say she was finally buried in August, some sources that in September, like this here:
IsleofwightBeacon

PrincessofEurope 12-27-2007 06:58 PM

charles coronation would take months of planning
george vi died in feb 52 and the queen wasnt crowned until june 53

(only exception being after edward viii abdicated his planned coronation went ahead just as planned only with a different monarch)

Iain 12-28-2007 06:22 AM

[quote=PrincessofEurope;709274]charles coronation would take months of planning
george vi died in feb 53 and the queen wasnt crowned until june 53

King George died in February 52 so it was 16 months till Elizabeth's coronation. In Tonga Queen Salote died in December 1965 and her son wasn't crowned until July 1967.

dazzling 12-28-2007 06:30 AM

In a few Arab countries such as the Gulf, mourning period is 40 days.