The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Which European royal House will have the next coronation? (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/which-european-royal-house-will-have-the-next-coronation-4278.html)

Josefine 12-07-2004 05:34 AM

Which European royal House will have the next coronation?
 
nilah asked me to set up this poll.

Which royal House will have the next coronation/Enthronement
Have in mind that in some royal houses the king or queen regent rule until death in others they abdicate.

this poll is about the European Royal Families.

Josefine 02-04-2005 02:06 PM

any voters?

Nathalian 02-04-2005 03:31 PM

I think it will be Monaco...

H.M. Margrethe 02-04-2005 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nathalian
I think it will be Monaco...

I think so 2

ElisaR 02-04-2005 04:09 PM

I don't like this thread very much: it's like asking who will be the next to die.

However I voted Monaco. Followed by Norway and Belgium.

:(

sara1981 02-04-2005 08:33 PM

i vote UK

Sara Boyce

Danielle 02-04-2005 08:55 PM

Yes, it is a bit like 'voting someone off the island', but I think Norway will be next. I have no idea why.

kinneret5764 02-05-2005 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
i vote UK

Sara Boyce

I hope not. I hope the Queen lives for at least another 25 years. I shudder to think of a King Charles III or a King George VII. I hear he make take the name George when he does become king.

grecka 02-05-2005 01:38 AM

I think the order will likely be Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, and finally the United Kingdom. Monaco will come first because Rainier's in poor health and probably won't live more than five years. The Netherlands will come second because the Dutch monarchs have a history of abdication and Queen Beatrix will liely keep with that tradition. Norway will come third because King Harald is ill and I think he will either be incapacitated or abdicate in order to rest. Belgium will come next, I think, because King Albert seems like a king who will yield in good time in order to give his son the crown. Denmark will come next because Queen Margarethe will abdicate in about 10 or 15 years. Spain will be next because King Juan Carlos will abdicate in order to let his son rule, but not for about 20 years. The United Kingdom will be last, in my opinion, because the Queen is not going to abdicate and will reign until she dies, which I have a feeling is not going to be for about 20 or 25 years.

Chatleen 02-05-2005 04:59 AM

I haven't voted, and I really don't want to vote in such a thread. There is only two European countries with a tradition of the monarch to abdicate: Holland and Luxembourg.

This poll reminds me of one posted at the Benelux Message Board when Prince Bernhard was very ill: "When will Bernhard die" - options: 2004, 2005 etc.

Back then Robert had the decency to delete the poll.

susan alicia 02-05-2005 05:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatleen
I haven't voted, and I really don't want to vote in such a thread. There is only two European countries with a tradition of the monarch to abdicate: Holland and Luxembourg.

This poll reminds me of one posted at the Benelux Message Board when Prince Bernhard was very ill: "When will Bernhard die" - options: 2004, 2005 etc.

Back then Robert had the decency to delete the poll.

agree with you and did not vot this morning.

the 2 countries you mention are not able change the general sad and morbid atmosphere around this particural poll

KatieLouise 02-05-2005 05:07 AM

Mmm... it's an interesting question but it seems a bit ghoulish to vote on it!

sara1981 02-05-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by grecka
I think the order will likely be Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden, Spain, and finally the United Kingdom. Monaco will come first because Rainier's in poor health and probably won't live more than five years. The Netherlands will come second because the Dutch monarchs have a history of abdication and Queen Beatrix will liely keep with that tradition. Norway will come third because King Harald is ill and I think he will either be incapacitated or abdicate in order to rest. Belgium will come next, I think, because King Albert seems like a king who will yield in good time in order to give his son the crown. Denmark will come next because Queen Margarethe will abdicate in about 10 or 15 years. Spain will be next because King Juan Carlos will abdicate in order to let his son rule, but not for about 20 years. The United Kingdom will be last, in my opinion, because the Queen is not going to abdicate and will reign until she dies, which I have a feeling is not going to be for about 20 or 25 years.

i would agree with you

Sara Boyce

nilah 02-05-2005 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
nilah asked me to set up this poll.

Which royal House will have the next coronation/Enthronement
Have in mind that in some royal houses the king or queen regent rule until death in others they abdicate.

this poll is about the European Royal Families.

Thank you for the poll Josefine.

DKgirls 02-06-2005 05:14 AM

We think it'll probably be Monaco - but except from that we really don't know! Might be one of the countries where you can abdicate, but you'll never know!

Nichola 02-06-2005 02:54 PM

Although this thread is a bit morbid, I vote Monaco solely because of Ranier's health at the moment.

HMQueenElizabethII 02-06-2005 11:38 PM

I think Monaco.

Lena 02-07-2005 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chatleen
I haven't voted, and I really don't want to vote in such a thread. There is only two European countries with a tradition of the monarch to abdicate: Holland and Luxembourg.

Wouldnīt surprise me, when to abdicate would become a tradition in other Royal houses too.
As we see, times are changing in the Royal houses (commoners, more openness). They see themselves more as ambassadors nowadays and not as Monarchs, with a god-given right to reign.
Besides ppl are becoming, thanks to the progress in medicine, older and older. And I donīt think a person would either want to sit very long on the throne (in the case the father/mother dies soon) or (more likely) would want to wait 60-70 years for the enthronement! Just imagine you would have to wait so long to raise in your job. You always would be the trainee.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:18 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises