The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   State Visit from Belgium to Denmark: March 28-30, 2017 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/state-visit-from-belgium-to-denmark-march-28-30-2017-a-41857.html)

Lumutqueen 10-15-2016 03:29 PM

State Visit from Belgium to Denmark: March 28-30, 2017
 
I always get confused about what goes where for royal visits. :flowers:

Royaltyspeaking ‏@Royal_talk
King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium will pay a State Visit to Denmark during the first half of 2017

Nothing on the official websites yet.

Marika86 02-14-2017 08:38 AM

Belgian State Visit to Denmark: March 28-30, 2017
 
Wim Dehandschutter ‏@WDehandschutter Accepting an invitation from Queen Margrethe II, King Philippe and Queen Mathilde of Belgium will pay a State Visit to DENMARK (March 28-30)

From kongehuset.dk

Quote:

His Majesty King Philippe and Her Majesty Queen Mathilde of Belgium come for a state visit to Denmark from 28-30 March 2017.
HM King Philippe assumed the throne on 21 July 2013, and the visit is thus The King and The Queen’s first state visit to Denmark. The King and The Queen will be accompanied by seven ministers as well as a business delegation including 37 Belgian companies.

The upcoming state visit has the objective of strengthening the already strong bonds between Denmark and Belgium. The close ties between the two royal families, which descend from the House of Glücksborg, can be dated back to 1863. Thus, the Belgian royal couple participated in the celebration of Her Majesty The Queen’s 75th birthday in 2015, and HM Queen Mathilde is also the godmother of HRH Princess Isabella.

The programme during the state visit has the objective of further strengthening the connection and the common interests between the two countries and will focus, among other things, on business and culture. The official delegation and the 37 companies will focus on the themes of sustainable development, renewable energy, health, transport logistics and smart city solutions. During the stay, HM King Philippe will visit Copenhagen City Hall, the Confederation of Danish Industry, and, together with HM Queen Mathilde, the Cinematheque in Copenhagen.

Belgium, which was formed as an independent nation in 1831, is a federal state which, in addition to the federal level, includes three regions (Flemish, Walloon and Brussels-Capital) and three language communities (Dutch, French and German). Belgium is an important partner for Denmark. In 2015, Belgium made up the 14th-largest export market for Denmark, and it presents considerable potential for Danish companies in the areas of climate and energy, health and logistics as well as IT and digitalization.

polyesco 02-14-2017 11:45 AM

Looking forward to it.
Short article on the visit
Belgisk statsbesøg på trapperne | BILLED-BLADET

eya 03-01-2017 04:51 AM

State visit to DENMARK from 28 to 30 March - 180 years of diplomatic relations, strong ties between the Danish and Belgian Royal Families: memories of State visits of H.M. Queen Margrethe II to Belgium in 1976 and 2002.

https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f6&oe=593ADB27
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...5c&oe=593FB312
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...40&oe=59405865
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...db&oe=59315191
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...22&oe=59329CB6
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...af&oe=59415C10
https://scontent.fath4-1.fna.fbcdn.n...24&oe=593C0934

maria-olivia 03-01-2017 06:21 AM

I hope the Children of the late Count Fleming and Countess Ruth will attend with their Grand Mothers jewels (Princess Axel)

Thank for sharing these Pictures of the Past, Eya

carlota 03-01-2017 10:10 AM

Very exciting - a royal to royal state visit! Looking forward to it.

cdm 03-01-2017 05:28 PM

Is Oscar II of Sweden their closest common ancestor?

Looking forward to this visit. It will be a nice occasion for godmother Mathilde to see Isabella again.

Ish 03-01-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdm (Post 1964784)
Is Oscar II of Sweden their closest common ancestor?



That's... tricky.

Oscar II of Sweden is both Philippe and Margrethe's great-great-grandfather, but Frederick VIII of Denmark is Philippe's great-great grandfather and Margrethe's great-great grandfather. I would think that would make him a closer common ancestor.

eya 03-03-2017 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1964780)
Thank for sharing these Pictures of the Past, Eya

You are welcome Maria-Olivia :smile:


BELGIAN state visit to DENMARK from 28 to 30 March - memories of reciprocal visits: TRH Princess Margrethe and Prince Henrik to Belgium (1969), state visit to Belgium of TM King Frederick IX and Queen Ingrid (1968), state visit to Denmark of TM King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola (1966).

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...73&oe=593370D1
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...64&oe=593422A8
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...96&oe=5968EF1F
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c0&oe=5926BC40
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...95&oe=596A7583
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...fa&oe=59324C06
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a8&oe=592B9D7D
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f4&oe=5935FFD7

MidwestMom 03-03-2017 08:21 AM

:previous:Thank you for these additional pictures. They were the glamorous royals of their day, weren't they? Especially nice to see Baudoin and Fabiola, but I wonder what the story is behind picture #2. The Belgian couple look happy, Frederik and Ingrid, not so much. Probably just a momentary thing - maybe they were tired.

Mbruno 03-03-2017 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 1964987)
You are welcome Maria-Olivia :smile:


BELGIAN state visit to DENMARK from 28 to 30 March - memories of reciprocal visits: TRH Princess Margrethe and Prince Henrik to Belgium (1969), state visit to Belgium of TM King Frederick IX and Queen Ingrid (1968), state visit to Denmark of TM King Baudouin and Queen Fabiola (1966).

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...73&oe=593370D1
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...64&oe=593422A8
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...96&oe=5968EF1F
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c0&oe=5926BC40
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...95&oe=596A7583
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...fa&oe=59324C06
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...a8&oe=592B9D7D
https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f4&oe=5935FFD7

I hope Queen Mathilde wears Fabiola's tiara and aquamarine jewels in picture # 2. They would be perfect for the state visit to Denmark.

maria-olivia 03-03-2017 12:28 PM

Queen Mathilde will wear a Sash.
The 9 Province Tiara will not be worn with the Wolfers Necklace , as the Queen has to wear it as Tiara.

Mbruno 03-03-2017 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1965050)
Queen Mathilde will wear a Sash.
The 9 Province Tiara will not be worn with the Wolfers Necklace , as the Queen has to wear it as Tiara.

Hi Maria Olivia,


I was suggesting that Queen Mathilde should wear the leaf elements of the Spanish wedding gift tiara with the aquamarine earrings and necklace as Queen Fabiola in the picture # 2 above. It would match the light blue sash of the Order of the Elephant nicely.

CP Mary on the other hand should wear her ruby parure as Queen Ingrid did in the same aforementioned picture, with either the red sash of the Order of the Crown or the purple sash of the Order of Leopold. Wives of crown princes normally get a lower order, but considering that King Willem-Alexander recently gave the Order of the Netherlands Lion to Frederik and Mary, it is not totally out of question that they may also get the Order of Leopold from King Philippe.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25

Stefan 03-03-2017 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1965053)
Hi Maria Olivia,



Wives of crown princes normally get a lower order, but considering that King Willem-Alexander recently gave the Order of the Netherlands Lion to Frederik and Mary, it is not totally out of question that they may also get the Order of Leopold from King Philippe.

https://scontent.fath3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...c3&oe=596CBB25

Crown Princess Masako got the Order of the Crown last year so i guess it will be the same for Crown Princess Mary. Don't know which one Crown Prince Naruhito has.

maria-olivia 03-03-2017 02:08 PM

To Stefan,
We do not know if Queen Mathilde owns the Spanish jewels and the aquamarines.
We do not know if Queen Fabiola had Queen Astrid Emerald tiara/necklace received when Prince Baudouin was born in 1930 ( last wearer Princess Lilian)

Mbruno 03-03-2017 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1965066)
Crown Princess Masako got the Order of the Crown last year so i guess it will be the same for Crown Princess Mary. Don't know which one Crown Prince Naruhito has.

According to Wikipedia, CP Naruhito has the Grand Cordon of the Order of Leopold.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naruhi...oreign_honours

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ish (Post 1964795)
That's... tricky.

Oscar II of Sweden is both Philippe and Margrethe's great-great-grandfather, but Frederick VIII of Denmark is Philippe's great-great grandfather and Margrethe's great-great grandfather. I would think that would make him a closer common ancestor.

Frederik VIII is Queen Margrethe's and King Albert's great-grandfather, which makes them second cousins, I guess. King Philippe is then Queen Margrethe's second cousin once removed if I am not mistaken. CP Frederik and King Philippe on the other hand are third cousins.

maria-olivia 03-03-2017 04:49 PM

Normally Crown Prince Frederick will the the Order of Leopold (purple) and Mary, Joachim and Marie the Order of the Crown (Red). I don't know which Order has Princess Benedicte ?

GömdNatt 03-03-2017 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1965089)
Normally Crown Prince Frederick will the the Order of Leopold (purple) and Mary, Joachim and Marie the Order of the Crown (Red). I don't know which Order has Princess Benedicte ?

According to Kongehuset, Benedikte also has the Order of the Crown. Belgium seems very much like Sweden, the heirs and monarchs/consorts get the highest order, while everyone else gets the lower order.

iceflower 03-08-2017 11:15 AM

.

Queen Margrethe invited Belgian journalists to a press conference about the upcoming state visit. The press conference took place at Amalienborg this afternoon, March 8:


** kongehuset.dk gallery: Pressemøde for belgiske journalister **

Mbruno 03-08-2017 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1965929)
.

Queen Margrethe invited Belgian journalists to a press conference about the upcoming state visit. The press conference took place at Amalienborg this afternoon, March 8:


** kongehuset.dk gallery: Pressemøde for belgiske journalister **

Any additional details on what the Queen said in the interview ?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises