The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings General Discussion (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/)
-   -   Shoes worn by royal brides (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f95/shoes-worn-by-royal-brides-4088.html)

IloveCP 04-20-2015 11:03 PM

From this article you can see Prince Abdul of Brunei's wife's wedding shoes:

Royal Wedding Jewels: Princely Wedding in Brunei | The Court Jeweller

These shoes are absolutely stunning. Truly amazing.

IloveCP 08-27-2015 01:05 AM

Beatrice's shoes are very beautiful.

Honeybees 08-27-2015 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1690133)
Haven't found any yet but I did find a shot of Victoria's.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_UA58WhysZV...0-shoe-300.jpg

Very Cinderella!

Honeybees 08-27-2015 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdas1201 (Post 142769)
Queen Elizabeth

Ivory duchesse satin self-lined, they are in one piece, embracing the waist of the foot with reverse folds on the high instep and across the front. The draped sandels are finished off with a silver buckle studded with small pearl.

. Open in November, a very brave choice ?

IloveCP 10-17-2016 11:10 AM

The wedding shoes of the Swedish royal women are on display:

Victoria

Madeleine

Sofia

I love all of their shoes. At first I did not like Madeleine's shoes but I know love them. I love Victoria's but not for a bride. Too bad Silvia's was not included. Maybe they are lost or not in good shape.

Duc_et_Pair 10-17-2016 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misshelen (Post 232611)
Crown Princess Máxima of The Netherlands

Safe shoes to walk the long carpets in Amsterdam and to climb into and out of the Rolls Royce Landaulette (civil ceremony) and the Golden State Carriage (church ceremony). Not really recommendable to do that with stiletto heels while wearing a heavy dress and long veil.

We know Queen Máxima as a lover of stiletto heels (picture) so probably she only wore these extremely conservative bridal shoes to give her more security and comfort during a long ceremony.

Countessmeout 10-17-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1932705)

Victoria

Madeleine

Sofia

I love all of their shoes. At first I did not like Madeleine's shoes but I know love them. I love Victoria's but not for a bride. Too bad Silvia's was not included. Maybe they are lost or not in good shape.

Madeleine's are my favourite followed closely by her sister. Sofia's are nice but nothing special. Honestly look like a beige pair of pumps she would wear to a day event tomorrow, the only stand apart is the odd heart on the bottom.

LadyFinn 10-18-2016 01:23 AM

Victoria's shoes are beautiful and match perfectly with her simple and elegant Wedding dress. Madeleine's shoes suit well with her dress. Sofia's shoes look heavy and aren't a good match with her dress.

Duc_et_Pair 10-18-2016 05:53 AM

I find the square decoration on Crown Princess Victoria's shoes out of proportion compared with the size of the shoes.

Marty91charmed 10-18-2016 07:24 AM

Both Victoria's and Sofia's wedding shoes were underwhelming, if not totally ugly.

TLLK 10-18-2016 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1932705)

Victoria

Madeleine

Sofia

Going a bit off topic, but does anyone know what is in the box next to Victoria's shoes and clutch? It looks like a bit of greenery or flowers.

As for Victoria's shoes, I like them as they were a bit of sparkle in her ensemble. IMO she wisely selected a well-fitted but simple gown that would not detract from the historic Cameo Tiara.

I also like Sofia and Madeline's shoes as well.

Moonmaiden23 10-18-2016 11:37 AM

I loved Victoria's wedding gown but I find her shoes rather ugly.:sad:

Madeleine's are my favorite of the three, perfect.:smile:

Sofia..blah.