The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   King Felipe VI and Government formations (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/king-felipe-vi-and-government-formations-39866.html)

lula 11-04-2016 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1936744)
Is there a discussion in Spain about the use of the Bible and a crucifix at the sworn-in ceremony of ministers?

What happens when a minister is non-Christian or atheïst?

With Juan Carlos I there was a bit of controversy, but now with Felipe VI, the Royal House has given freedom for everyone to act according to their convictions. This is a conservative government and wanted religious symbols.

The ministers are free to choose, if they swear or promise their positions. On the table there is a copy of the Constitution for all, and the Bible and crucifix for those who want.

Hand on the Constitution to promise

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...0161104_03.jpg

Hand on the Constitution and the Bible to swear

http://www.casareal.es/sitios/Listas...0161104_02.jpg

ANNIE_S 11-08-2016 08:13 AM

The State opening of the Courts will take place next Thursday, November 17th:
La sesión solemne de apertura de las Cortes se celebrará el 17 de noviembre

An Ard Ri 11-08-2016 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ANNIE_S (Post 1937715)
The State opening of the Courts will take place next Thursday, November 17th:
La sesión solemne de apertura de las Cortes se celebrará el 17 de noviembre

Thanks for the heads up Annie ,I've reopened the thread :flowers:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tes-40080.html

An Ard Ri 11-14-2016 03:57 PM

Was there any reason as to the absence of Letizia during the swearing in Ceremony at Zarzuela last week? From memory Queen Sofia was always present with King Juan Carlos at previous ones.

lula 11-14-2016 04:15 PM

The Royal House with King Felipe decided it that way. She did not attend the oath of some new ministers last year, so it's not something new.

Queen Sofía had an interest in politics and she wanted to be present at those events, the then Head of the House of the King accepted it with the excuse that she was the host of the house.

If you look at similar acts in other European Monarchies, it is normal that they are only attended by the Head of State and not by the consort.

The more conservative press that supports the new government has taken advantage of the situation to attack Letizia. Part of the blame is also on the Royal House that does not explain things well ... in part because doing so would mean criticizing indirectly how things were done before.

Duke of Marmalade 06-01-2018 05:26 AM

Very likely that Rajoy will be forced out of office today what will have some impact on the SRF agenda
https://www.politico.eu/article/rajo...rime-minister/

An Ard Ri 06-01-2018 07:41 AM

Will there be an election or will the Deputy PM simply be appointed by the king?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44327573

Mbruno 06-01-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 2118242)
Will there be an election or will the Deputy PM simply be appointed by the king?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-44327573


Under the Spanish constitution, a motion of censure has to be "constructive", i.e. a new PM has to be nominated in the motion to replace the former. If the motion is carried by an absolute majority of members of the Congress of Deputies, the outgoing PM has to resign and the King is then constitutionally bound to appoint the person nominated in the motion to be the new PM.


Since the motion has now passed, Rajoy will resign and the Socialist leader, Pedro Sanchez, will become the new PM.


Rajoy actually should have anticipated the motion and called a snap election himself. That way, he would have been able to stay in office until a new government could be formed after elections, which could in turn mean several months. Sanchez's position is also very precarious though. His own party has only a quarter or so of the seats in the Congress and, either he calls an election right away, or, if he tries to stay in power for a while before that, he will have to rely on support from the republican and nationalist/separatist parties, which will be then in a position to blackmail the government.

An Ard Ri 06-01-2018 08:28 AM

Pedro Sanchez succeeds Rajoy as Spanish prime minister

https://www.rte.ie/news/politics/201...pain-politics/

iceflower 06-01-2018 10:59 AM

.

King Felipe received Ana María Pastor Julián, President of the Congress of Deputies, for a report about the motion of censure, in which Pedro Sánchez Pérez-Castejón was elected as Prime Minister:


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** casareal: Audiencia a Doña Ana María Pastor Julián, Presidenta del Congreso de los Diputados **

lula 06-01-2018 03:32 PM

Signature of the Royal Decree of appointment of Pedro Sánchez Pérez-Castejón as President of the Government

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Firma del Real Decreto de nombramiento de Pedro Sánchez Pérez-Castejón como Presidente del Gobierno

eya 06-02-2018 07:09 AM

New Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez swearing-in ceremony, in Madrid on 2 june

http://www.casareal.es/ES/Actividade...spx?data=13588

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...emony,_madrid?

http://www.belgaimage.be/#/gallery/6192756

Biri 06-02-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1936744)
Is there a discussion in Spain about the use of the Bible and a crucifix at the sworn-in ceremony of ministers?

What happens when a minister is non-Christian or atheïst?

The following link says that the newly appointed Prime Minister is an atheist:

https://www.elplural.com/2014/09/25/...ertamente-ateo

https://translate.google.pl/translat...teo&edit-text=

Mbruno 06-02-2018 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 2118314)
Signature of the Royal Decree of appointment of Pedro Sánchez Pérez-Castejón as President of the Government

Casa de Su Majestad el Rey de España - Actividades y Agenda - Firma del Real Decreto de nombramiento de Pedro Sánchez Pérez-Castejón como Presidente del Gobierno


Who countersigns a royal decree appointing a new prime minister in Spain?

Mbruno 06-02-2018 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Biri (Post 2118436)
The following link says that the newly appointed Prime Minister is an atheist:

https://www.elplural.com/2014/09/25/...ertamente-ateo

https://translate.google.pl/translat...teo&edit-text=




According to the link above, he also claims that he is not a monarchist, although he says that he prefers to live in a constitutional monarchy under Felipe VI than in a republic under Hugo Chávez (the late dictator of Venezuela) or Maduro (Chávez's successor). That is not very reassuring in itself, especially considering that his government relies on the support of openly republican parties like Unidos Podemos and the Catalan separatists.


Quote:



La República de Chávez
Menos radical fue con el tema de la Monarquía. "No soy monárquico, pero te lo digo en bruto: prefiero vivir en la monarquía constitucional de Felipe VI que en la República de Hugo Chávez o de Maduro".

An Ard Ri 06-02-2018 07:58 AM

Pedro Sanchez the new Spanish prime minister to be sworn in


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6ZqM_8E6ds

ANNIE_S 06-02-2018 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 2118439)
According to the link above, he also claims that he is not a monarchist, although he says that he prefers to live in a constitutional monarchy under Felipe VI than in a republic under Hugo Chávez (the late dictator of Venezuela) or Maduro (Chávez's successor). That is not very reassuring in itself, especially considering that his government relies on the support of openly republican parties like Unidos Podemos and the Catalan separatists.

That's a thought shared by many within PSOE party, even past presidents, so it's not a big deal by itself.


About him relying in nationalists parties, well, again nothing that every Spanish government has not done before. Unidos Podemos is another matter, thought, but not even them are openly calling for a republic today.

iceflower 06-02-2018 09:00 AM

.

Here are some more photos of the swearing-in ceremony today:


** josepgegundez.photoshelter gallery ** ppe gallery **


The dailymail...;)


** dailymail: Socialist leader dubbed 'Mr Handsome' is sworn in as Spain's prime minister after after Mariano Rajoy is ousted in corruption scandal..**

Duke of Marmalade 02-13-2019 10:32 AM

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.t...lection-budget

Snap elections are looming, yet again, for the third time in less than 4 years after PM Sanchez‘ budget proposal has been rejected.
A possible date would be April, Felipe VI will be facing yet again a new government formation in an almost impossible political landscape.

An Ard Ri 02-13-2019 10:48 AM

The early years of the King Felipe VI's reign have been plagued by Political and Government wranglings and formations!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises