The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Mary's Weight (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/marys-weight-3959.html)

bad_barbarella 11-01-2004 07:43 PM

Mary's Weight

How much do you think she weighs now caz she looks really good and looks like she not carrying much fat

hillary_nugent 11-01-2004 09:11 PM

yeah i agree with you she has a nicer and slimmer figure nowadays although if she keeps losing weight that will be a concern....hm...maybe she's about 50kg nows? or just a bit more...come to think of it if she is 50 kg than that's real bad because i weigh 50 kg and i'm much younger than mary and i'm considered a little underwieght can you imagine how underwieght she is???? anyhow how tall is Mary?

Guess Who 11-01-2004 09:28 PM

Mary has lost alot of weight.It does suuite her and her body is nicer. more defined, but her face does not look as nice as when she was a bit fuller. She has lost alot of weight from her face and her legs have gone too thin.Abit of weight wont kill.

bad_barbarella 11-02-2004 02:49 AM

i wonder how she trimmed up... she looks so good im jealous lol

Isabel 11-03-2004 10:21 AM

Well, I disagree. She doesn't look better at all, IMO. I don't believe in that old saying that you can never bee too rich or too thin. Of course, you can never be too rich, but you can be too thin, and Mary is too thin, IMO.

Of course, we all come from different backgrounds and countries on this board, so we all have our standards which could be based on cultural differences. But, I don't think that Mary looks great. Mary looked lovely and very healthy before she came to Denmark and even for a time then. She has consistently been losing weight and apparently, she is still losing, and now it is too much. She is taking it too far. The Vogue photos definitely made me feel that way.

Mary is a very attractive woman, regardless of her weight, but you can tell that she has lost too much weight. Her physique doesn't look balanced. Her cheeks are starting to have the sunken hollow look and her hips appear bony. Her appearance just isnt' natural to me. Clearly, this woman is not at her ideal weight, but is beneath it. She looks okay, but she also look sickly, IMO.

Quite honestly, when considering that the camera adds several pounds, Mary is most likely even thinner in person. It would certainly be nice to see a woman in the public eye have a healthy image of herself and see what' really there for once.

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 11-03-2004 07:23 PM

It certainly wouldn't hurt for Mary to gain a few pounds, but I don't think she's to the point where she looks sickly. I think her weight is fairly resonable and she looks healthy during her engagements.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...e/51309428.jpg

I think in Vogue, many of the photos shows that her arms still have a bit of fat and it's not all skin and bones. There was a point before the wedding that I was a little worried about her weight, but I think she's gained a little of the weight she lost before the wedding. She looks great now, certainly not sickly. Would you believe it if I said someone thinks she's...overweight?!? Yes...I was quite shocked myself, what is the world coming to?!? :)

hillary_nugent 11-03-2004 08:18 PM

omg...who would want to think Mary is overweight? it is most obvious that she is sooo thin!!! hahaha

Isabel 11-04-2004 10:32 AM

Well, she certainly isn't overweight. She has the very popular lollipop look-head looks to big for her body she's lost so much weight.

Jackswife 11-04-2004 10:41 AM

I personally would prefer to see her gain some weight and get a nice rounded look to her face and figure. I think she'd look better with some extra pounds myself. I'm sure there's a lot of pressure on her to conform to some impossible "model" standard of weight :mad: but I hope she doesn't let that get to the point where she endangers her health.

sara1981 11-04-2004 11:38 AM

she looks nice but she never been overweight she still slim lots! many people love her lots ever!

Sara Boyce

Jasl 11-04-2004 05:18 PM

Its funny reading these posts because compared to some CPss, Mary isn't thin. One or two CPss (and one Queen) are much much more thinner than Mary IMO. I agree that Mary has lost weight, but I also think that people compare the Mary as she is now, to the pics of Mary from 2000 - and people must remember that that was FOUR years ago.

Here's a pic from the Vogue fashion shoot. Now we know that Vogue has no problem putting stick thing models on their pages, so it couldn't be that they re-touched the pics to make Mary look bigger or anything. But you can clearly see that Mary's got some muscles on her. Now if I compare her muscly arms to some others' fragile looking arms ones, I think I know which one is healthier.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../VogueMary.gif
Pic from Vogue Australia magazine

Just don't expect Mary to have a rounded stomach or hips or legs, coz I think she's triangle shaped and not hourglass or apple shaped.

Angel S. 11-04-2004 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
How much do you think she weighs now caz she looks really good and looks like she not carrying much fat

I've seen pics of her running & she looks very fit. Yes she is thin but it looks good on her & she has muscles.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...Mary2001-9.jpg

http://www.colourpress.com/gfx/texta...UR10042373.jpg

and this one is at the OL 2004

bad_barbarella 11-04-2004 06:04 PM

i think when woman wear designer clothes they feel that they have to look like the supermodel who represent the respected companies... weight is such a hard thing... she may have an eating disorder, she may not but nobody will ever know

Angel S. 11-04-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
i think when woman wear designer clothes they feel that they have to look like the supermodel who represent the respected companies... weight is such a hard thing... she may have an eating disorder, she may not but nobody will ever know

She hardly looks like she has an eating disorder. But I'm sure she slimmed down for her new role, nobody likes to be made fun of for being a bit on the heavy side & the camera does add 10 pound.

Remember that Fergie was called the Dutchess of Pork for a while & she was not at all "fat". I think she was pretty much of average weight & maybe a bit full. I thought it was horrible that they called her that (they being the media) & such things lead to women (all of us not just thouse in the spot light) being paranoid of their weight.

Like I said, nobody likes to be called a pig or a cow, & that is what the media calls you when you're the tiniest bit full.

Britters 11-04-2004 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasl
Its funny reading these posts because compared to some CPss, Mary isn't thin. One or two CPss (and one Queen) are much much more thinner than Mary IMO. I agree that Mary has lost weight, but I also think that people compare the Mary as she is now, to the pics of Mary from 2000 - and people must remember that that was FOUR years ago.

Here's a pic from the Vogue fashion shoot. Now we know that Vogue has no problem putting stick thing models on their pages, so it couldn't be that they re-touched the pics to make Mary look bigger or anything. But you can clearly see that Mary's got some muscles on her. Now if I compare her muscly arms to some others' fragile looking arms ones, I think I know which one is healthier.

Pic from Vogue Australia magazine

Just don't expect Mary to have a rounded stomach or hips or legs, coz I think she's triangle shaped and not hourglass or apple shaped.

I have to disagree with your comment Jasl-Mary is thin, it doesn't matter who you compare her to. I'm not saying she isn't healthy, because I very much believe she is, but the only two Crown Princess's I can think of that she looks larger then are Crown Princess Letizia of Spain and possibly Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. The other Crown Princesses are all more of what people would consider an "average" weight (at least based on what others who live their lives in the spotlight look like).

MarieLouise 11-05-2004 05:15 AM

This is a little of topic, I just wanted to thank you Jasl for posting that Vogue picture, I hadn't seen that one before and everyone has talked about it. It's a really great picture of the two.

Anyway I find Mary slim and I'm not worried about her weight, it's nothing compared to a lot of actresses and models.

Hannelore 11-05-2004 06:39 AM

I think Mary looks beautiful, slim as she is. This weight is perfect for her. IMO she doesn't look too skinny. well not even skinny, just good :)

tiff_tiff_tiff2000 11-05-2004 08:23 AM

Quote:

I have to disagree with your comment Jasl-Mary is thin, it doesn't matter who you compare her to. I'm not saying she isn't healthy, because I very much believe she is, but the only two Crown Princess's I can think of that she looks larger then are Crown Princess Letizia of Spain and possibly Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway. The other Crown Princesses are all more of what people would consider an "average" weight (at least based on what others who live their lives in the spotlight look like).
However, there are only 5 Crown Princesses! I think Mary is pretty much around the same weight as MM and Mathilda, they both look pretty similar to me. I think Mary is at the weight that many girls/women want to be at, she looks healthy but slim at the same time. I like her like this, though I wouldn't complain if she gained a little weight...if she lost some more though, that will become worrying.

Ava Elizabeth 11-05-2004 09:25 AM

Its weird, because, in some pictures I think she looks really skinny, but in others she looks like a slim,healthy, and sporty woman. Before the wedding, some danish newspapers, e.g BT worried about her weight-loss. Personally I think she looks more healthy now than before the wedding. She is a sporty and slim type of woman, but its obvious that she has lost a lot of weight since she first started dating CPfrederik in 2000.
But I cant blame her, I mean: it cant be easy to be on the front of every magazin in Denmark, every week!!! And im sure she feels a lot of pressure to be the perfect princess.. But I think she should put one some more weight, she would look much prettier then! And especially if she is trying to get pregnant..Can it be problematic if the woman is to thin??
Im sure she will gain some more weight after she had her first baby, and the pressure on her has slowen down. If just hope that she is happy!!

Jasl 11-06-2004 02:57 AM

Okay, I think this sheds some light on the "Mary looks thin in this pic, but not in this pic" mystery.

This is a pic of Mary taken in 2001 or 2002. As you can see, she's always had a flat bottom. I think this is why she looks thin in some pics, but not in others. If you focus on her shoulders and her upper arms, you'll see that she's not unhealthy. However, Mary ain't no J-Lo, and she doesn't have a well endowed backside (sorry if that sounds slack). Maybe this is why Mary used to always wear jeans and pants that look 2 sizes too big for her. The Danish mags commented on that before the wedding (re: baggy jeans).

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...arie/Mary3.jpg

To me, Mathilde looks healthy. Mathilde has fairly skinny upper arms, but she's got curves and because she's a mom, she's got a bit of fat (not too much!) around her belly. Mary on the other hand has got quite a flat stomach and very flat bottom, but her arms are fairly muscly.

Just for the record as well.... this is how Mary looked in 2000. Now you can call it healthy, or whatever, but if I was her and I looked like the pic below, I'd wanna lose a bit of weight too, coz her face is too rounded and she looks like she's developing a double chin.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Mary2001-8.jpg