The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince Harry Current Events 4: October 2004-January 2005 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-harry-current-events-4-october-2004-january-2005-a-3897.html)

Julia 10-22-2004 07:06 PM

Prince Harry Current Events 4: October 2004-January 2005

Here is the new thread to begin polite discussions on Prince Harry...

Britters 10-22-2004 08:35 PM

Thank you for the new thread, I just hope things don't get as out of hand as they did in the last thread!

One article I read said that Harry departed the following day (after the nightclub incident) for a holiday with friends? Any ideas where he went? Somewhere warm would be my guess!

Julia 10-22-2004 08:37 PM

Thanks for starting off the discussion, Britters.

I wish I could tell you where he went on holiday but I have no idea. I think your guess of somewhere warm is a good one!

grecka 10-22-2004 09:30 PM

Another vacation? I'd kill for a week in Jersey every 6 months or so, and this guy's lounging on the beach every other day.

grecka 10-22-2004 09:30 PM

Envy- an infortunate attribute of my personality.

Britters 10-22-2004 10:45 PM

Hee hee hee Grecka-it would be nice to just take off and go!

bluetortuga 10-22-2004 11:13 PM

I'm sure we'll see photos from this vacation creep into the tabloids.

Julia 10-22-2004 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bluetortuga
I'm sure we'll see photos from this vacation creep into the tabloids.

No name-calling, please.

Thank you.

bluetortuga 10-22-2004 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia
No name-calling, please.

Thank you.

I'm sorry I wasn't name calling. I used "creep" as a verb not a noun. Photos from the vacation creep (verb) into the tabloids, that is, find their way subtlely in.

Julia 10-22-2004 11:30 PM

Ah, thank you for the clarification! It's been a long Friday and my eyes are very tired. Apologies for the misunderstanding...

grecka 10-23-2004 01:04 AM

Quote:

Hee hee hee Grecka-it would be nice to just take off and go!
How completely right you are. When I was a kid, I would have killed to be an adult. Now, at 20, I would kill to leave it all behind and just be completely carefree every day. I suppose the grass isn't greener on the other side.

NJRedDevils 10-23-2004 06:16 AM

This is what i have to say to that event concerning Prince Harry and the photographer, good on ya Harry, kick him up the backside next time, so they all can learn to back off.. They didn't leave his mother alone.. Every member of the Royals families around the world , entertainers are human beings and they deserve to have a private life too, who cares who they kiss or what they drink or what they do.. it's so annoying, to see them been so attacked by the press and the photographers.. whether they were born in the spot light or not they deserve to have a private life too..

Reina 10-23-2004 03:30 PM

Here is a great article from Ingrid Seward on this incident. It is very good analysis.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ening%20Standa

Britters 10-23-2004 03:47 PM

It's an interesting article for a the Editor of Majesty magazine to write, as Ingrid doesn't shed a very good light on Harry. However her tone is more sympathetic then anything else I would say...seems almost bland.

Alexandria 10-23-2004 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
Here is a great article from Ingrid Seward on this incident. It is very good analysis.

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ening%20Standa

Thanks for this article Reina. I don't necessarily agree with all that Ingrid Seward has said, but I do think it is a very thoughtful analysis of Harry and his life and the potential reasons behind his very strong reaction to the circumstances the other night.

I don't condone in the least what transpired between Harry and the photographer, but I do understand why Harry had such a violent reaction to the circumstances. I think considering Harry's history (losing his mom because the paparazzi were chasing her and his and his family's constant media following), his obviously short fuse, the recent accusations of his cheating adding pressure and unwanted strain to his life whether true or not, the late hour combined with alcohol, and the "confrontation" or bombardment of media outside of the club as he was leaving led him to not be rational or reasonable under the circumstances.

A few years ago, a friend's father passed away in a rather horrific road accident that closed a major highway for several hours during the Easter long weekend when many people were heading out of the city to be with family and friends. My other friends and I rushed home from our respective universities to be with my friend. Several local television news reporters and their cameramen and newspaper reporters tracked my friend and her family at their home, and when I opened the door less than 6 hours after the car accident there were about a dozen reporters, camera crew, photographers, etc. on her doorstep wanting a comment from her family. I am not a violent person in the least but under those circumstances I was pretty angry, even though it was not my direct loss. Not my proudest moment but I cursed profusely at all of them (even though I was in my first year of journalism school and understood that they were merely doing their job), gave them the finger and slammed the door in their face then called the police and reported them all for tresspassing.

gaggleofcrazypeople 10-23-2004 05:29 PM

I would just like to say this because it has not been said: Yay!!!!! New thread!!!!

Now about what Ingrid Seward said, cuddling? Harry+cuddling=? But I do think that she is a somewhat good reporter- every other story I've heard about this incident sounds exactly alike. But this one is quite different.

And Alexandria, I have to give you your props for what you did. (For any of you who do not know what this slang term means, its a positive word.)

bluetortuga 10-23-2004 05:51 PM

I think Ingrid Seward's piece is a fair, middle-of-the-road assessment of P. Harry. However, his actions have eroded all my sympathy. In spite of the loss of his mother, P. Harry does have a loving, caring father, who has gone to great lengths to care for and protect his children. And in spite of what many think of the Windsors, they are a close knit family in many respects and they support their own.

P. Harry's a grown man, he doesn't need any cuddling. I think Sandhurst will give him the huge reality check he sorely needs. They don't care who you are, as they are accustomed to training royalty from all over the world. If he doesn't shape up after 11 months of training at Sandhurst, then he's truly out of control and nothing can help him. I find it hard to believe that someone whose own mother died at the hands of a drunk driver, would allow himself to be in drunken condition so often.

sharon_rose 10-24-2004 01:10 PM

Prince Harry

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...24/ixhome.html

Quote:

'No apology' for photographer hurt in scuffle with Harry
By Andrew Alderson, Chief Reporter
(Filed: 24/10/2004)

Prince Harry will not apologise to the photographer involved in a scuffle with him outside a nightclub because his father's private office blames the "aggressive" behaviour of the paparazzi for the incident last week.

Paddy Harverson, the comunications secretary at Clarence House, said yesterday that the Prince had been "monstered" and "completely submerged" by photographers as he left the Pangaea nightclub in the West End of London shortly after 3am on Thursday.

Mr Harverson admitted for the first time that Prince Harry, 20, had lost his temper after being accidentally "smacked in the head" by a camera, but said the Prince of Wales had been "supportive and sympathetic" towards his younger son.

Chris Uncle, 24, a photographer who works for the Big Pictures agency, was left with a cut lip after the scuffle. Mr Uncle, who reported the incident to the police, claimed that the Prince jumped out of his car and "deliberately lashed out".

Mr Harverson was interviewed on BBC Radio 5's Five yesterday morning and said that the photographers outside the nightclub had been "much pushier" than usual.

When asked if there would be an apology to the photographer involved, Mr Harverson replied: "It certainly seems to be the month for apologies, but no, I don't think that it really requires that. I think it is fairly straightforward.

"OK, he lost his temper. It does happen. Let's not get it out of all proportions Let's cut him some slack. There was a bit of a scuffle. It was a bit unseemly but let's not make more of it than it was."

Mr Harverson, who advises Prince Harry and his brother Prince William on media relations, said Prince Harry was not a "party prince", a "cartoon character" or the "one-dimensional character" that some sections of the media like to portray. "He is a good young man trying to make his way in the world in a very, very public situation," he said.

"He is growing up and, by and large, his behaviour has been excellent. What do you want him to do? Stay indoors all day? If he did that, people would say he was something of a weirdo: where is Harry and why isn't he out?"

Prince Harry is on an extended gap year before joining the Royal Military Aacademy Sandhurst in January on an officer training course. He spoke to his father, who is on an official visit to Italy, by telephone on Friday and is believed to have expressed his regret over the incident.

Mr Harverson said: "He [Prince Charles] recognises the situation he [Prince Harry] has been in. He is perhaps one of the few people who understands what it is like to be in that situation. Though when the Prince of Wales was a lot younger the media was different and the paparazzi certainly weren't behaving like they do now. It is a different world and for the paparazzi pictures are worth a lot of money, particularly of Harry and his brother William."

Mr Harverson said he believed that the photographer at the centre of the incident had not asked to press charges and it was time to move on. The Prince is spending "a private weekend" away with friends.

"Prince Harry is looking forward very much to going to Sandhurst," said Mr Harverson. "He passed his examinations with flying colours in terms of getting into the Army. He loves the idea of joining the Army and he will have a great time."

gaggleofcrazypeople 10-24-2004 08:59 PM

Good ol' Paddy.

sharon_rose 10-25-2004 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Britters
Thank you for the new thread, I just hope things don't get as out of hand as they did in the last thread!

One article I read said that Harry departed the following day (after the nightclub incident) for a holiday with friends? Any ideas where he went? Somewhere warm would be my guess!

http://www.wbex.com/script/headline_...ent&feed_id=44
Prince Harry Sent To Argentina

hillary_nugent 10-25-2004 04:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sharon_rose

hahaha...maybe he is grounded....in Argentina hahhaha O___O

gaggleofcrazypeople 10-25-2004 06:22 PM

Hmmmm...note to self: go to Argentina.

Angel S. 10-25-2004 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
Hmmmm...note to self: go to Argentina.

hahah, I wish I was grounded like that.

Mom: Go to your room!...In Argentina!

hahaha actually my mother did ger very mad at me once & she was so angry she didn't talk to me. She had my mate call me & tell me that I was being sent off with her on vacation for 2 weeks. It was the best grounding ever but I guess she just couldn't be around me she was so mad.

gaggleofcrazypeople 10-26-2004 06:08 PM

Lucky! If my parents are mad at me, the only place I can go is away from them.

bad_barbarella 10-26-2004 07:16 PM

lol i love getting ground caz at least in your room u dont get annoyed can lie around talking on the phone and if all else fails jump out bedroom window and make a run for it lol

sharon_rose 11-11-2004 12:40 PM

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/a...ing%20Standard
No special treatment for Harry
By Robert Jobson Royal Correspondent, Evening Standard
11 November 2004

Prince Harry was today warned not to expect any privileges when he starts his Army training at Sandhurst.

He will be known as Mr Wales and will be under the command of tough sergeant-majors as he is put through a basic training programme.

Sandhurst Commandant Major-General Andrew Ritchie spelled out exactly what the 20-year-old prince could expect in January.

http://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifhttp://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifhttp://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifhttp://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifhttp://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifhttp://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gif

http://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gif
http://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifhttp://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifhttp://images.thisislondon.co.uk/v2/std/pixel.gifHe said: "The ethos of Sandhurst is that every single cadet that comes here will be treated the same as everyone else. They will meet some fierce guard sergeants who will maintain that ethos. Everybody has to prove themselves here."

He added: "We are used to people who are used to working four hours a day and sleeping twenty: we aim to reverse that cycle."

Harry will be given five weeks' square-bashing with a no-nonsense sergeant before getting lessons in leadership.

Harry, the most senior modern royal to train as an army officer, will also have to meet tough standards if he is to pass out. He will be one of three royal princes - including one from the Himalayan kingdom of Bhutan - on the course.

Major Cameron Day, from Sandhurst, said today: "He will get no special treatment. The commanding officer has made that quite clear. We're used to having princes among the cadets - the entire Jordanian royal family trained here - so Harry will just be one of the guys."

He will take a special crash course in basic soldiering which lasts five weeks, half the time of the noncommissioned officers.

After that, he will start his "leadership training".

During his 44-week course, Harry will also go on adventure training exercises which could include diving in the Red Sea, walking through the Grand Canyon or rock climbing in the Andes. Of the 800 cadets, only about 10 per cent fail to complete the course each year. Dropouts are usually due to a change of heart about a career, injury or failure to reach required standards. The average age is 23.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-11-2004 06:38 PM

Is Prince Louis one of the three princes?

sharon_rose 11-11-2004 07:06 PM

Cadet Harry Set for A Hard Time at Sandhurst

By Laura Elston, PA Deputy Court Correspondent
Prince Harry will receive no special privileges when he joins the Army, the head of Sandhurst insisted today.

He will be ordered to do his own ironing and get up at the crack of dawn like every other soldier.

The 20-year-old royal will have a weekday curfew of 23.59 and for the first five weeks will not be allowed off site, will have no access to alcohol and will not be permitted to wear civilian clothes.

Harry has already picked up his heavy Army-issue black boots – which he will spend hours polishing – when he attended a familiarisation day at the prestigious military college last week.

He will have to wear them in before arriving in January at the site in Camberley, Surrey, bringing with him shoe polish, his three combat ’95 uniforms and his own ironing board.

During a special media day to give the journalists access to Sandhurst before Harry starts, Major General Andrew Ritchie said: “The ethos of Sandhurst is that every single cadet that comes here is treated the same as everyone else.

“You will meet some fierce sergeants who will maintain that philosophy. Everyone will have to prove themselves here.”

The commandant of Sandhurst added: “On the day that Prince Harry arrives, you will see a marvellous sight of young men and young women striding across with mum carrying the suitcase and dad carrying an ironing board.

“They quickly learn that they have to carry the ironing board themselves.

“They get up very early. We get used to people here who have worked four hours and slept 20. Here we reverse that cycle. Some find it quite a struggle.”

Harry’s bedroom, a far cry from plush royal palaces, contains just a single bed, a sink and a wardrobe.

No duvets are allowed in the first few weeks and cadets are initially only allowed one photo of their family – although there are numerous pictures around the college of the Queen which will serve to keep Harry’s grandmother in his thoughts.

He will be known as Mr Wales or Officer Cadet Wales to his seniors and his fellow soldiers will use just his surname as they are already starting to do.

It was announced in September that the Prince, who recently had a run-in with the paparazzi outside a London nightclub, had passed his Regular Commissions Board assessment and gained a place at the college, a favourite with royals from around the world.

Harry will be part of a platoon of just 30 and will spend most of his time with his group during his training.

New cadets eat four hearty meals a day, consuming a massive 6,000 calories.

But many of the recruits still lose weight due to the gruelling physical tasks, including assault courses.

http://news.scotsman.com/latest.cfm?id=3746214

corazon 11-12-2004 01:09 PM

Well, Harry is here, in Argentina....at last!!!!

Raquel 11-12-2004 07:13 PM

Really? I hope he enjoys his vacation. :) Try to keep a look-out for him! I wonder if he's staying in a hotel or if he knows anyone there...

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-12-2004 10:17 PM

I heard he's staying at some ranch.

Lyonnaise 11-12-2004 11:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 12-11-2004 Britain's Prince Harry practices polo at A farm in Lobos, same 150 kilometers (90 miles) southwest of Buenos Aires, Friday, Nov. 12, 2004. Prince Harry arrived in Argentina for a stay of several weeks to work on a polo horse farm before he is scheduled to join the British army next year. The visit by Harry, son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, comes less than a month after he scuffled with a photographer outside a London nightclub.

pdas1201 11-14-2004 10:28 PM

6 Attachment(s)
November 12, 2004: Britain's Prince Harry arrived in Buenos Aires for some rest and relaxation. Harry, 20, the younger son of Prince Charles, is here on a private visit and will work on a polo pony farm in the Argentine countryside, though he is under doctor's orders not to ride as a result of a knee injury. Photos by Piko-Press/ABACA.

Gabriella 11-15-2004 04:16 PM

Heads Up!

Hey guys, for all of those with access to the program, Prince Harry is going to be giving an interview on ABC's PrimeTime Live. The interview will air on Thursday night, at 10pm EST.

Alexandria 11-15-2004 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriella
Hey guys, for all of those with access to the program, Prince Harry is going to be giving an interview on ABC's PrimeTime Live. The interview will air on Thursday night, at 10pm EST.

Thanks for the heads up Gabriella! You know where I'll be at 10 p.m. Thursday night!

Here is the link for PrimeTime Live: http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/. So far nothing on the interview with Harry, but I'm sure by Wednesday there should be some information.

I wonder if it was originally from an interview in Britain that PrimeTime has now bought the rights for and is carrying now? And I wonder if it is a current enough interview that Harry might address his recent run in with the press?

Gabriella 11-15-2004 08:58 PM

I don't know too much about the interview. I saw a commercial for Primetime this afternoon while I was watching tv. I looked on the website and didn't see anything either.

Gabriella 11-17-2004 05:24 PM

Update on the interview!

This morning while getting dressed, I was watching Good Morning America. It showed a part of the clip on Harry. It is about his trip in Africa, but someone (don't know who) did interview him. He answered questions about his mother, brother, the royal family, etc. From the small part that was showed this morning, he really comes across as a sweet, loving guy. There was a a little boy that follows him around everywhere! He had a little shadow. It's adorable!

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-17-2004 07:13 PM

Awww...don't you just love him when he doesn't do all that drinking related stuff?

Gabriella 11-17-2004 09:57 PM

ABC's Primetime Live finally has a link up regarding the program if anyone wants to take a look. http://abcnews.go.com/Primetime/story?id=260578
Don't forget about our chat tomorrow night! It'll be great way to discuss the program and for those who don't have access to get all of the great details! :D

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-17-2004 10:11 PM

So is it the thing that aired on ITV a while ago?

Raquel 11-19-2004 10:43 PM

did anybody get to watch the primetime live special? it was so good!! it's a really great thing what harry's trying to do.

Julian 11-20-2004 12:52 AM

Yes, I also watched it. I thought it had some very powerful and moving moments. He has moved out of Clarence House and also chose to go back to Lesotho for a second visit. He is making his own way in spite of the obstacles he knows his mother faced and which he may face as well. The good work goes on.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-23-2004 08:15 PM

I watched it, and thanks to it I now love Harry ten times more than I did before.
I hear Harry isn't happy in Argentina cause he can't ride and wants to go home.

Raquel 11-24-2004 11:06 PM

Thank goodness he's motivated and strong enough to go on. If you look at other royals, it's like they don't even care to use their status to help others. Gaggle, are you serious that Harry dislikes Argentina?? How did you hear of this? I wonder why he isn't allowed to ride! Argentina is a beautiful country, though, he should go sight seeing, etc.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-25-2004 12:26 AM

He had a knee injury a few years ago. He re-injured it running up a flight of stairs. Due to the fact that if he rides it might get worse, he has decided not to ride. Harry loves to play polo, and if he was able to play, he would be happy. It isn't that he doesn't like Argentina, its just that he is bored.

magpie 11-25-2004 01:21 AM

has harry moved out of clarence house? where is he living now?

trippc 11-25-2004 06:47 PM

Harry has left Argentina:

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=15830

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-26-2004 12:08 AM

Wow! There are so many different views on this. I've heard of kidnaping and that it was all planned out.

The Watcher 11-26-2004 06:07 AM

From The Times:

November 26, 2004

Harry ends his Argentine polo holiday after fear of kidnap plot
By Andrew Pierce

http://images.thetimes.co.uk/images/trans.gifPRINCE HARRY was flying back to Britain from Argentina last night after he was at the centre of a kidnap scare in which gun shots were fired.

Security had been increased at the polo ranch in Lobos, 60 miles from Buenos Aires, where he was staying as part of his gap year after local police were alerted to kidnap threats from the local underworld.

NI_MPU('middle');Prince Harry, 20, was moved to the British Embassy in Buenos Aires on Wednesday night for his safekeeping before flying back to Britain yesterday.

The Prince of Wales is demanding a full report from the embassy in Argentina and from Harry’s squad of royal protection officers. He was kept informed by telephone throughout.

The Argentine Government was alerted of the kidnap threat by a murder suspect in the local underworld. The Security Ministry responded by sending a squad of 15 armed police officers to patrol the perimeter of the El Remanso ranch, which is set in 17 hectares of land, in addition to the royal protection officers who flew out with the Prince.

Three nights ago Argentine police fired shots into the air after two shots were heard being fired in the area. It is thought that Prince Harry was at the ranch at the time.

The Argentine newspaper Pàgina 12 reported yesterday that the local judiciary was told that a plot had been hatched against the Prince, a well-known figure in the area since his arrival two weeks ago.

The newspaper wrote: “(They) said that underworld figures were planning a kidnap or armed attack against Harry, with the aim of sparking an enormous national and international drama and provoking the resignation of the Minister of Security for Buenos Aires, León Arslanián.”

The man who raised the alarm said that Prince Harry regularly gave his British royal protection officers the slip and went to a bar in Salvador Mariá, a village three kilometres from the ranch.

The newspaper added: “That is where they were going to kidnap him. In any case, the report in itself sparked worry, security around the Prince was reinforced and the Argentine Government was informed. For the Argentine police, Harry became a real headache.”

The newspaper alleged that Buenos Aires civil servants telephoned the British Embassy on Tuesday to ask diplomats to try to “contain” and “control” Harry after several alleged drunken escapades during his stay.

The embassy last night denied that they had received complaints about the conduct of the third in line to the Throne. A spokesman said: “This embassy has received no communication from the Argentine Government. We are not aware of any problems that Prince Harry has caused.”

Last night Clarence House also denied that Harry had been living it up in bars. “That is absolutely not true. Nor was Harry out of control of his protection officers. We emphatically deny that,” a spokesman said.

“Harry was not living it up. He went to a local bar a few times. He was never out of the control of his protection officers. He did not give them the slip. There are some lurid allegations flying around here which should be treated with the utmost caution.”

Clarence House did not deny that the local police had taken seriously the kidnap threat and the prospect of an armed attack. “There was a threat to Harry. The local police chief went on the television to say that the shots were fired into the air, as a routine precaution. The men on the perimeter, who triggered the alarm, were illegal hunters.”

Clarence House also denied that Prince Harry’s trip had been cut short because of security. “Initially Harry was due to stay until close to Christmas but we announced before he left for Argentina that the trip had been cut short because he had injured his knee and would not be able to ride.” The security drama and the heavily denied allegations of wild nights are the latest in a series of colourful incidents that have dogged the younger son of the Prince of Wales. Harry was taken to a rehabilitation clinic by his father after admitting that he had smoked cannabis and been involved in under-age drinking. He has regularly been photographed in nightclubs with Page 3 Girls and models. Last month he was involved in an altercation with photographers as he was leaving a nightclub at 3am.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-26-2004 06:22 PM

See what I mean?

Lyonnaise 11-27-2004 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Harry back in UK amid security risk rumours
Hellomagazine.com

26 NOVEMBER 2004

The third in line to the throne is back in the headlines, returning to the UK amid rumours that he was brought home early from a trip to Argentina because of a kidnap scare.

Reports in the Buenos Aires daily press suggest that Prince Harry had become a security risk to local police authorities because of his habit of slipping his leash in order to enjoy evenings out on his own, and had therefore been flown home early.

There was also talk of a kidnap plot, though this has been largely discredited as a story invented by a prisoner hoping to negotiate improved conditions for himself. Shots heard at the polo ranch where Harry was staying have been attributed to local hunters.

As 20-year-old Harry arrived back at Heathrow, Buckingham Palace said a knee injury had prevented him from playing polo, while Prince Charles' household, Clarence House, merely said that there had been no change in the young prince's travel plans.

Polo-mad Prince Harry, due to start his military training at Sandhurst in January, had flown over to stay with friends at a ranch near Buenos Aires earlier this month in order to learn more about the breeding of polo ponies. He had been in the news just prior to the trip because of a scuffle with a photographer in London.

1. Prince Harry arriving back at Heathrow. Clarence House said there had been no change in his plans to return from his Argentinian trip around this time

Anna_R 11-27-2004 10:31 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Prince Harry at Heathrow airport in London.

Nov. 26th, 2004
ABACA Press

Ava Elizabeth 11-27-2004 12:53 PM

Did someone actually wanted to kidnap harry??
Thats scary!!

sky 11-27-2004 08:00 PM

I saw the last 15 mins. of the special. He was so cute with the little girl and I hope he keeps his promise to her and stay part of her life. Also, I've just discovered how cute ow Harry's nose is.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-28-2004 01:12 AM

His nose is cute???

Lauren 11-28-2004 03:46 AM

http://www.theage.com.au/news/World/...577339145.html#

Harry's first love

November 28, 2004 - 1:31PM

Prince Harry is besotted with a blonde 19-year-old student in South Africa whose father runs a Zimbabwe game farm, it was reported today.

Chelsy Davy accompanied Harry, 20, the younger son of Prince Charles and the late Princess Diana, during his two-week trip to a polo ranch in Argentina, even staying in the same guest house, the Mail on Sunday newspaper said.

The prince, who starts army officer training at Sandhurst military college in the new year, returned to Britain on Friday as officials poured cold water on reports that he had been the target of an attempted kidnapping.

"Harry spent almost the entire trip at the side of South African student Chelsy, regarded by insiders as his 'first true love'," the Mail on Sunday said.

Confronted by the paper's reporter in Cape Town, Davy - a former pupil at an elite girls' school not far from Charles's country estate Highgrove in the west of England - said: "I have known Harry since I was at school."

When asked about a romance, she replied: "I have heard people linking us together."

Then she ran back into her house when shown a snapshot of her getting off a plane during an outing with the prince to shoot pigeons.

The Mail on Sunday said the pair have been an item for eight months, with Harry making discreet weekend visits to South Africa to see her when he was in Lesotho earlier this year to work with AIDS sufferers.

It said Davy's father runs a game farm in Zimbabwe.

With his older brother Prince William still in university, media attention has been focused on Harry, who is third in line to succeed Queen Elizabeth II after his father and brother.

Last month Harry made headlines when he scuffled with a photographer outside an exclusive London nightclub.

- AFP

bluetortuga 11-28-2004 11:12 AM

I hope that Sandhurst will straighten him out and keep him out of the press. It's scary that he will one day lead soldiers and yet he behaves so irresponsibly. If he mucks up his tenure at Sandhurst, he might as well devote the rest of his life to partying, clubbing, lazing around, girl-chasing and getting drunk. His life may be a short one of he doesn't change his ways - there's only so much alcohol one's liver can take.

Why couldn't Clarence House arranged to keep Harry busier so that he would not have the time to disgrace himself? Couldn't they have arranged for him to do more; or intern at a reputable firm instead of doing just manual labor? After a world-class education at Eton, is shearing sheep, playing rugby and riding polo ponies all this boy is good for? Sandhurst is no cake-walk; he will have significant academic hurdles there as well.

I wonder if he ever considers that his binge drinking could result in someone else being hurt or killed. Of course, if that were to ever happen, Clarence House would find some way to make sure he would never face the consequences of such action. They treat him as if they are in denial of his problem; and blame the media instead. Harry is a drunkard; it's time to enroll in some form of alcohol addiction therapy and stop denying he has a problem.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-28-2004 04:37 PM

Chelsy? I thought it was Chelsea.

H.M. Margrethe 11-28-2004 05:01 PM

Quote:

I hope that Sandhurst will straighten him out and keep him out of the press. It's scary that he will one day lead soldiers and yet he behaves so irresponsibly. If he mucks up his tenure at Sandhurst, he might as well devote the rest of his life to partying, clubbing, lazing around, girl-chasing and getting drunk. His life may be a short one of he doesn't change his ways - there's only so much alcohol one's liver can take.

Why couldn't Clarence House arranged to keep Harry busier so that he would not have the time to disgrace himself? Couldn't they have arranged for him to do more; or intern at a reputable firm instead of doing just manual labor? After a world-class education at Eton, is shearing sheep, playing rugby and riding polo ponies all this boy is good for? Sandhurst is no cake-walk; he will have significant academic hurdles there as well.

I wonder if he ever considers that his binge drinking could result in someone else being hurt or killed. Of course, if that were to ever happen, Clarence House would find some way to make sure he would never face the consequences of such action. They treat him as if they are in denial of his problem; and blame the media instead. Harry is a drunkard; it's time to enroll in some form of alcohol addiction therapy and stop denying he has a problem.

You took the words out of my mouth bluetortuga.

Julian 11-29-2004 02:26 AM

PRINCE Harry has neither "disgraced" himself nor by any accounts been "binge-drinking". The exaggeration that his liver's suddenly in danger at 20 years old is really so laughable. How he spends his summer holidays is purely his affair since he's not in the position to underake public life yet. At least, his father won't allow him and his father is Clarence House, so if there's blame to be allotted over this tempest in a teapot then that's where it begins and ends.

bluetortuga 11-29-2004 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian
PRINCE Harry has neither "disgraced" himself nor by any accounts been "binge-drinking". The exaggeration that his liver's suddenly in danger at 20 years old is really so laughable. How he spends his summer holidays is purely his affair since he's not in the position to underake public life yet. At least, his father won't allow him and his father is Clarence House, so if there's blame to be allotted over this tempest in a teapot then that's where it begins and ends.

Over a prolonged period of time, if you read my post more carefully, alcoholism will eventually affect P. Harry's health and his decision-making capabilities. If he continues binge drinking he start have a myriad of health problems by his 40s among them: liver disease, heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, and pancreatic ailments.

And yes, P. Harry has disgraced himself with his public drunkeness and drug use. And by all indications, he doesn't seem to care how anyone feels about his behavior because he has not changed. William has far greater pressure on him than Harry yet he hasn't gone off the bend. Peter Phillips is considered a minor royal, yet he has managed to carve out a niche for himself in sports management. No incidents there. Harry is to blame for his own actions. He could make himself more useful if he wanted to.

Julian 11-29-2004 01:06 PM

Prince Harry is neither an alcoholic nor a "binge-drinker" nor do you have any substantive evidence to back up either assertion, which only leads to the conclusion that you don't have a clue about the meaning of either term.

Harry has not "disgraced himself". He has made mistakes that many if not most early twenty somethings slip into, then just as easily mature and get on with their lives without being bashed as "disgraces"/"failures" etc. before they are even 21. To say he has "gone off the bend" is ludicrous. He's normal.

"Over a prolonged period of time.."?? So now you also have crystal ball which consistently comes into focus whenever you have something negative to build these false projections on? And no, Harry is not solely responsible for his lack of direction, if such is the problem, it's his absentee father who only shows up for photos shoots with Mario Testino and who obviously hasn't given him either the attention or guidance he needs as a young adult. Not surprising from a man who goes on blaming his own parents for being uncaring.

"If you read my post more carefully.." Actually I wasn't posting primarily to your post at all and I certainly wouldn't be bothering to read it carefully since I was told not to respond to you directly. You have a tendency for personal attacks and vitriole, and being protected for it behind the skirts of certain administrators. Do me the favour of not addressing yourself to me directly and this in turn will be my last post directed back at you!!

mktv2000 11-29-2004 01:18 PM

I have to say that talking about health problems of Prince Harry are VERY premature. Sure...one can get all kinds of organ problems with prolonged alcoholism...but I have seen nothing that doesn't make me think Pr. Harry is anything other than normal for his age. From what I have seen, when I was his age, I went out more, drank more, etc than he does. You just grow out of it. I think people need to lay off him a bit, if he is allowed to act his age and naturally grow out of it, he will be a much better adjusted adult.

bluetortuga 11-29-2004 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian
Prince Harry is neither an alcoholic nor a "binge-drinker" nor do you have any substantive evidence to back up either assertion, which only leads to the conclusion that you don't have a clue about the meaning of either term.

Harry has not "disgraced himself". He has made mistakes that many if not most early twenty somethings slip into, then just as easily mature and get on with their lives without being bashed as "disgraces"/"failures" etc. before they are even 21. To say he has "gone off the bend" is ludicrous. He's normal.

"Over a prolonged period of time.."?? So now you also have crystal ball which consistently comes into focus whenever you have something negative to build these false projections on? And no, Harry is not solely responsible for his lack of direction, if such is the problem, it's his absentee father who only shows up for photos shoots with Mario Testino and who obviously hasn't given him either the attention or guidance he needs as a young adult. Not surprising from a man who goes on blaming his own parents for being uncaring.

"If you read my post more carefully.." Actually I wasn't posting primarily to your post at all and I certainly wouldn't be bothering to read it carefully since I was told not to respond to you directly. You have a tendency for personal attacks and vitriole, and being protected for it behind the skirts of certain administrators. Do me the favour of not addressing yourself to me directly and this in turn will be my last post directed back at you!!

Grow up Julian. There are no administrators protecting me. If you would like to take this discussion offline, then let's do so. You're obviously a P. Harry fan - but reality is reality. His behavior is inappropriate, royal or not, famous or not. The blame lies with Harry alone. Charles didn't put cannabis or alcohol in his hands. Get over it, enough said.

Britters 11-29-2004 01:44 PM

Quote:

Grow up Julian. There are no administrators protecting me. If you would like to take this discussion offline, then let's do so. You're obviously a P. Harry fan - but reality is reality. His behavior is inappropriate, royal or not, famous or not. The blame lies with Harry alone. Charles didn't put cannabis or alcohol in his hands. Get over it, enough said.

I would just like to say that I find this an extremely rude way to handle this situation. If you wanted to tell someone to grow up it should have been done outside the forums.

I am by no means an avid Prince Harry fan. He has made his fair share of stupid mistakes, that, yes, have been disgraceful. However, he is by no means doing anything most teenagers and early adults don't do. Only a year older then Harry I drink and party all the time. But I'm not an alcoholic...and people could care less what I do. The only reason people make a big deal out of what Harry does is because of who he is. For some reason people want to make drinking and partying into this big deal, when really, nearly everyone, in that age does it!

Ava Elizabeth 11-29-2004 01:48 PM

Very well said Britters!

Alexandria 11-29-2004 02:35 PM

Please remember the Forum Rules and Guidelines, as some of the latest comments in this thread are absolutely not acceptable.

A previous News thread on Prince Harry has already been closed due to certain members being rude and disrespectful towards each other and making it no longer fun for anyone else. It would truly be a shame if the same thing happened to this thread.

You needn't agree with each other, but you should in the least, be respectful to each other's opinons and comments. And in my books, telling another member to "grow up" or "get over yourself" does not constitute as respectful.

For the other members who have been polite and civil in this thread, thank you. This thread needn't be disrupted any further for the other members and as such any furthur disruptions will be dealt with privately.

Alexandria
Royal Forums Administrator

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-29-2004 04:13 PM

So anyway, I was watching E! and there was a special about young royals on it. Harry was in it, and even though it was a waste of two hours of my life, it said something very interesting. William does just as many bad things as Harry does, but due to the fact that he will be king, all of Williams faults are hidden. But, due to the fact that Harry is the spare, nothing he does is covered up. How unfair is that?

Elspeth 11-29-2004 06:38 PM

Well, if you were watching a special that was discussing Prince William's problems, then whoever's supposed to be covering them up isn't doing a very good job of it!

pdas1201 11-29-2004 10:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Caricature pic of Prince Harry, and remarkably like him too..

Ennyllorac 11-29-2004 11:12 PM

In all honesty, hasn't Harry just done things that is part of growing up? I think of things I did during my college years and I shudder. I was just fortunate that I didn't have the eyes of the world scrutinizing what I did.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-29-2004 11:44 PM

True dat, true dat. I feel bad for the poor guy.

Britters 11-30-2004 01:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gaggleofcrazypeople
So anyway, I was watching E! and there was a special about young royals on it. Harry was in it, and even though it was a waste of two hours of my life, it said something very interesting. William does just as many bad things as Harry does, but due to the fact that he will be king, all of Williams faults are hidden. But, due to the fact that Harry is the spare, nothing he does is covered up. How unfair is that?

I didn't get that his "mistakes" were covered up really...just that they are actually as big as Harry's and so they are more easily explained away...

At any rate..as I've said before, I agree that the things reported on are what almost all teenagers and young adults go through and do-it's part of growing up and learning on your own.

gaggleofcrazypeople 11-30-2004 04:17 PM

But I'm pretty sure they said that.

trippc 11-30-2004 06:51 PM

Does anyone else think that the reason Harry came home early is because of the Diana tapes? I'm curious as to what other people think.

Personally, I don't believe the kidnap stories because I think Harry has pretty good security. But I wasn't there and I don't know that. I thought he just came home cause he was unhappy. But now these tapes have come out, I think he may have wanted to come home to be with his family/friends. :)

Lyonnaise 12-01-2004 04:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Polfoto 27-11-2004 Britain's Prince Harry leaves the stadium, after watching the England - Australia rugby international at London's Twickenham stadium Saturday Nov. 27, 2004. Prince Harry had arrived home earlier in the week from Argentina, amid media speculation that shots were fired at the ranch where he was staying

Lyonnaise 12-01-2004 04:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
London, England - Prince Harry watches England take on Australia at Twickenham. Australia won The Cook Cup match 21 to 19.

GrandDuchess 12-01-2004 09:07 AM

From BBC News today:

Harry delays entry to Sandhurst

Prince Harry is to delay his entry into Sandhurst to allow a knee injury to recover, Clarence House has announced.

The prince was due to enrol at the prestigious royal military academy in January, but will now not begin his officer training until May.

The prince injured his knee while training with the Army ahead of his test for Sandhurst during the summer.

He aggravated the injury in October while coaching children for the Rugby Football Union.

At the weekend Clarence House dismissed press speculation that Harry would have to postpone his entry into Sandhurst because of injury to his left knee.

However, a Clarence House statement on Tuesday said although an MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) scan had shown troubling bruising had cleared up, Harry wanted to be in the best shape for the academy.

It said Harry had made the decision with the support of his medical advisers and his father.

'100% prepared'
Harry said: "The specialist has told me my knee has recovered, and with physiotherapy, and strength and conditioning work it should be back to normal soon.

"However, I want to make sure I am 100% physically prepared for Sandhurst, so I have decided to wait until May just to be sure.

The prince added: I am still very much looking forward to starting my Army career next year."

Harry had to pass a four-day assessment which featured an obstacle course, fitness tasks and a military planning exercise to win his place at Sandhurst.

He spent most of November on a polo farm in Argentina where he worked on the complex, rather than playing the sport, because of his injury.

It was claimed that the prince returned to the UK early because of a threat to security, but it later transpired that he had flown back as scheduled.

Britters 12-01-2004 11:04 AM

Funny how all the captions mention only Harry, when it appears he attended the game with his cousin Zara Phillips (who happens to be dating one of the starting players for Englands team!)

It's probably for the better that Harry delayed his entry in the Academy. I have constant knee problems because at the first sign of "recovery" from an injury I went right back into athletic mmotions and what not. I've had multiple surgeries to correct the problem, but will forever have the aches and pains, and am developing arthritus already (I'm only 21) at an early age! Better to be sure it's healed then to face a career being cut short because of a persistant injury.

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-01-2004 08:14 PM

Yeah, I know what you mean. I know someone who isn't even 30 and has had multipe surguries on both her knees and is always in pain.

james 12-01-2004 09:12 PM

That's Zara with him in the above photos. Her boyfriend, Mike Tindall, was playing with the England team that day.

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-02-2004 05:25 PM

So was Harry just tagging along?

Britters 12-02-2004 05:57 PM

Harry's quite the Team England fan and has been pictured at many events in the past so I'm sure this was a chance for them to both go to the match and have a good time, and not be there sitting in the stands "alone" or as alone as one can get being the grandchild of a reigning monarch!

Zara and Harry are reportedly close, so while I'm sure Zara was there to see her boyfriend play, the cousins could have just been spending some quality time with one another!

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-03-2004 10:45 PM

Oh! Awsomeness!

bad_barbarella 12-03-2004 11:28 PM

haha how cute

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-05-2004 06:47 PM

Has anyone seen the pics of Harry and Chealsy in South Africa? They're brand new and they're kissing and I can't find them. Will someone please post if they find them? Thanks

Reina 12-05-2004 06:58 PM

You know what and I am not trying to be perve, but I think Zara would be a nice wife for HArry or William. They are already close, she knows the pressures of royal life, and she can be trusted. WHat do you all think? ANd I in no way agree with 1st cousins marrying. It is just that they are royals so it would be kind of normal...

sara1981 12-05-2004 08:01 PM

Quote:

You know what and I am not trying to be perve, but I think Zara would be a nice wife for HArry or William. They are already close, she knows the pressures of royal life, and she can be trusted. WHat do you all think? ANd I in no way agree with 1st cousins marrying. It is just that they are royals so it would be kind of normal...

I dont think SO!

you know Zara have already boyfriend her boyfriend is Mike Tindmall Harry have new girlfriend from South African its would be Chelsey but William would be broken-up with Kate the articles says!

my mom read my posts! she said dont think SO! cant married with those cousin for first place! no way!

Sara Boyce

Reina 12-05-2004 08:16 PM

How old are you then if your mom reads your posts?
But lol...I just think she is a very nice girl. BUt some say that he should marry Prince and Princess Michael's daughter..and they are what...second cousins?

Athena 12-05-2004 09:35 PM

I hope these photos work since I never posted pics on this site before.

Harry and his "girlfriend" kissing on the balcony:

http://tinypic.com/uowf6

http://tinypic.com/uowfp

http://tinypic.com/uowgz

http://tinypic.com/uowhs

sara1981 12-06-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

How old are you then if your mom reads your posts?
But lol...I just think she is a very nice girl. BUt some say that he should marry Prince and Princess Michael's daughter..and they are what...second cousins?

im 23 years old!

i knew everythings about that but Zara had already B/F and Prince Harry have new G/F from South African but my mom dont think so about Prince William wouldnt allowed to marry cousin because William is future King of England but im sure he will search for right brides like as Kate or Jessca or whatsoever! what William wanted it! but my mom dont read my posts! but i do read my posts everyday and answer question about Prince William and Princess Diana and lots more about HM Queen!

Sara Boyce

sara1981 12-06-2004 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athena

OH MAN!

if his dad the Prince of Wales will found out or dont! because he is enough 20 years old! if his grandmother the HM would never knew about that! i cant tell!

Sara Boyce

Elsa M. 12-06-2004 01:24 PM

From Hellomagazine:

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...6/princeharry/

Reina 12-06-2004 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
im 23 years old!

i knew everythings about that but Zara had already B/F and Prince Harry have new G/F from South African but my mom dont think so about Prince William wouldnt allowed to marry cousin because William is future King of England but im sure he will search for right brides like as Kate or Jessca or whatsoever! what William wanted it! but my mom dont read my posts! but i do read my posts everyday and answer question about Prince William and Princess Diana and lots more about HM Queen!

Sara Boyce

Lol. I am just messing around. But there is no way Zara and William will hook up. So much for traditionalism:rolleyes::D

kinneret5764 12-06-2004 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
OH MAN!

if his dad the Prince of Wales will found out or dont! because he is enough 20 years old! if his grandmother the HM would never knew about that! i cant tell!

Sara Boyce

I don't think there is anything Harry's dad or grandmother can do about his "adventures". If they couldn't stop him before, they won't be able to do it now or in the future. He's a bucking bronco; can't get him back into the stables.

gaggleofcrazypeople 12-06-2004 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Athena

Thank you!

bad_barbarella 12-07-2004 04:27 AM

imagine if u were her and the whole world knew about your love life.... just so wrong.... i think that is dianna was alive then these boys may be more classy well its more harry i think he has put alot of dirt on the royal family

GrandDuchess 12-07-2004 06:51 AM

Article from Swedish Aftonbladet today

Summary:
The article says that Prince Harry is now called ”Flirty Harry” by the British press, because of him being in love with blonde 19-year old Chelsy Davy. After returning from Argentina where he had spent time with Chelsy, he didn’t stay at home long before going to Durban to meet her again. Dynamite for the British press, apparently The Sun has had the headline “Harry has Sex on the Beach”, which turned out to be the drink they were having… The article also says that Chelsy has met the Prince of Wales, and he has approved of her (I don’t know what to think about this though). Political know-hows in the UK are worried though – apparently Chelsy’s father Charles (!) is a member of a group of white businessmen that have all benefited from President Robert Mugabes “methods” in Zimbabwe.

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/04...-4-284_368.jpg
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/04...s2-884_368.jpg
http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/04...s3-577_368.jpg

Puss på dig, Harry
19-åriga Chelsy är prinsens nya kärlek

LONDON. Han har kallats "Dirty Harry" efter sina uppmärksammade äventyr på diverse nattklubbar. Men den brittiske lillprinsen har nu fått ett nytt namn:
"Flirty Harry". Charles och Dianas 20-årige son är upp över öronen kär i den 19-åriga blondinen Chelsy Davy.

När Harry befann sig i Argentina för ett par veckor sedan bjöd han dit Chelsy. Efter det romantiska mötet åkte Chelsy hem till Sydafrika medan Harry tvingades tillbaka till London.

Godkänd av Charles
Nu till helgen var det meningen att Harry skulle besöka Chelsy i Umhlanga, nära sydafrikanska Durban, men den brittiske prinsen kunde inte hålla sig så länge. Han ordnade en flygbiljett så fort han kom hem och har redan dykt upp i det hus som ägs av Chelsy s pappa Charles.

Bilderna som visar unge Harrys hångel med Chelsy på balkongen är rena dynamiten för den engelska pressen. Den största dagstidningen, The Sun, har huvudrubriken "Harry has sex on the beach", vilket dock visar sig vara namnet på den drink som de två skålade i.

Prins Charles sägs redan ha träffat Chelsy och uttryckt sitt klara gillande över pojkens goda smak.

Misstänkt samarbete
Vissa politiska bedömare i Storbritannien är dock inte lika säkra på att Harry och den Zimbabwe-födda Chelsy är en lyckad kombination. Enligt dem är Chelsys pappa medlem i en liten grupp av vita affärsmän som getts fördelar av president Robert Mugabes regering. Det utfärdas varningar för att den kungliga brittiska familjen kan framstå som om den ger ett medgivande till de affärsmetoder som används i Zimbabwe.

Josefine 12-07-2004 09:29 AM

do you think we will see more of them, maybe we should start a thread for the two of them

one more thing when is he starting school

kinneret5764 12-07-2004 09:49 AM

As they are not yet married or even engaged, I think the thread should remain about P. Harry. In time, I'm sure he'll grow tired of this girl and move on to his next adventure - unless she's got him completely wrapped around her little finger.