The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Philippe & Queen Mathilde and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/)
-   -   Mathilde on the cover (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f46/mathilde-on-the-cover-3838.html)

Hannelore 10-16-2004 09:45 AM

Mathilde on the cover

A thread about magazines with Mathilde on the cover!

It are usually very respectful covers (no fake images).

Maybe you have some at home and could scan them? Here are a few I found on the net:

Hannelore 10-16-2004 09:48 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Point de Vue from July 2004 "Mathilde l'étoffe d'une reine. On aime son chic, son style, sa générosité" ("Mathilde, the fabric of a queen. We like her chic, her style, her generosity").

Point de vue from January 2003. "Elle est l'atout charme de la couronne de Belgique. Mathilde fête ses 30 ans" ("She's the charming extra of the Belgian crown. Mathilde celebrates her 30th birthday")

Point de vue from June 2004 : "Le hit parade de vos princesses préférées" ("the hit parade of your favorite princesses")

Point de Vue from November 2001. "Philippe et Mathilde nous présentent Elisabeth" ("Filip and Mathilde present us Elisabeth")

Royals "gracious Mathilde"

Point de Vue of December 1999. "La Belgique a une nouvelle princesse. Eblouissante Mathilde." ("Belgium has a new princess. Enchanting Mathilde")

Télé pocket October 2001 "Maman Bonheur" ("Mother happiness")

Royals-Dynasty of November 2001 "De geboorte van koningin Elisabeth" ("the birth of queen Elisabeth")

Paris Match of 2002 "promenade princière" ("princely walk")

Oh la December 2002

Hannelore 10-16-2004 03:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
cine télé revue "Mathilde. Mon bonheur d'épouse et de maman" ("Mathilde: my happiness as a wife and a mom")

Cathérine Bergeyck 10-17-2004 12:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Point de vue January 2000

"La bonne nouvelle que les belges attendaient: Mathilde maman en septembre" ("The good news the Belgians were waiting for: Mathilde mother in September")

Only it was something PDV had made up: she wasn't pregnant at all!

PDV September 2004

"Elisabeth. La rentrée des classes d'une future reine" (Elisabeth. Back to school for a future queen)

Alisa 10-17-2004 12:46 PM

I don' t know what's going on with PdV. They are coming off more and more as a tabloid magazine.

Cathérine Bergeyck 10-17-2004 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa
I don' t know what's going on with PdV. They are coming off more and more as a tabloid magazine.

Oh, you really think so? Their cover is not really what I buy it for that's true :) But the contenance of their articles has improved a lot these last years IMO. PDV these last years is not at all gossip...

Hannelore 11-03-2004 02:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
December 2002. Die Actuelle "Prinzessin Mathilde. Zerbricht dieses Glück am 2. Baby?"

Could somebody translate the title? My German is very lousy :(:(:(:(

Martine 11-03-2004 02:41 PM

The title : "Princess Mathilde: does a second baby destroy this happiness?"

I have that magazine at home :-) so if you want i can look for the article that went with it :-)

liv 11-03-2004 02:42 PM

Princess Mathilde.will this fortune fail (because)of a second baby!I think this would be a suitable translation. I think it was meant that Mathilde´s marriage will fail because they don´t get a second child. But I´m not sure.
The magazine was wrong because Mathilde´s marriage seems still working...:)

Hannelore 11-03-2004 02:52 PM

Thank you both :)

How would a marriage fail because there woudn't be a second child? The things they come up with to sell...

It would be nice to know what was written in the article, so if you have the time Martine, go ahead :)

Hannelore 11-11-2004 12:02 PM

7 Attachment(s)
The Belgian newspapers from October 25th, 2001. Bringing the news of the birth of princess Elisabeth :)

Hannelore 11-11-2004 12:03 PM

4 Attachment(s)
More newspapers from that day...

Hannelore 08-28-2005 01:16 PM

5 Attachment(s)
1. Point de Vue : "Mathilde et Philippe à la conquête de la Thailande" (Filip and Mathilde conquer Thailand).

2. Royals : "Filip en mathilde. Hun Familiegeluk" (Filip and Mathilde. Their family happiness)

3 Royals : "Prinses Mathilde. Een godin in Mali" (Princess Mathilde. A godess in Mali)

A godess!! I love her too, but I woudn't dare to write that, especially since it's about her humaniarian work.

4. Philippe et Mathilde de Belgique (Filip and Mathilde of Belgium).

This is a special edition mag with photos of their wedding

5. Vorsten : "Steun voor vrouwen in Afrika. Prinses Mathilde in Mali". (A support for women in Africa. Princess Mathilde in Mali)

IslandDweller 08-29-2005 02:53 PM

I love that I have yet to see her posing for some elaborate magazine photo shoot. The photos I've seen of her are either candids or, if she is posing, it seems casual and off-the-cuff. It makes her seem like an unpretentious and dignified woman who's behaving like a princess, not a fashion model.

Emily 08-29-2005 02:55 PM

I agree. This woman is very classy.

oskana 08-29-2005 03:01 PM

cp mathilde is wonderful. dignified, classy, and most of all genuine.

Elsa M. 08-29-2005 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian_Ahern
I love that I have yet to see her posing for some elaborate magazine photo shoot. The photos I've seen of her are either candids or, if she is posing, it seems casual and off-the-cuff. It makes her seem like an unpretentious and dignified woman who's behaving like a princess, not a fashion model.

Totally agree!

Amilia 08-30-2005 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannelore
Philippe et Mathilde de Belgique (Filip and Mathilde of Belgium).

This is a special edition mag with photos of their wedding

I've got this book:) , and it's great with a lot of picture"s about their childhood , engagement and wedding

Hannelore 09-04-2005 08:41 AM

thanks for letting us know Amilia :) I haven't got this one, but I'll look out for it in second hand bookshops!

Hannelore 09-04-2005 08:48 AM

2 Attachment(s)
1. "Philippe, Mathilde et Elisabeth. Chronique, témoignages et anecdotes autour d'une naissance princière" , Ed. Labor (2001) by Anne Quevrin.

"Filip, Mathilde and Elisabeth. Chronicle, stories and anecdotes around a princely birth"

I've got this book, a nice one with backround info on Filip and Mathilde, the education of all the Belgian crownprinces and a very precise review on the engagement, wedding, first two years of Mathilde as a princess, first pregnancy and the events around Elisabeth's birth.

(the author presents a very popular royalty magazine on RTL and is a personal friend of Laurent&Claire, she's on very good terms with the Belgian RF and aristocracy).

2. "Philippe et Mathilde" by Luc Corremans (Ed. J.M. Collet)

3. Story of 9 Dec. 1999 "Unforgettable"

http://img44.imageshack.us/img44/367...99474cf.th.jpg