The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 5: November 2014 - November 2015 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/crown-prince-frederik-current-events-part-5-november-2014-november-2015-a-37663.html)

iceflower 11-07-2014 03:19 AM

Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 5: November 2014 - November 2015
 
* *

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for the Current Events of Crown Prince Frederik!

You can find the old thread here:

** Crown Prince Frederik, Current Events Part 4: May 2013 - November 2014 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!



· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Roskilde 11-07-2014 04:59 AM

My guess is that Frederik have slept at Marselisborg castle this night. He held the royal hunt in Western Jutland yesterday and today he has events throughout the day in Jutland again.

First event is in Aarhus where he this morning (rigth now, actually) will be responsible for the official opening of the student event "Aarhus Symposium". Subsequently he drives to Aalborg, where he in the afternoon will inaugurate the new education campus "On the Trail" before he returns to Copenhagen.

Read more about his first event here:
Åbning af Aarhus Symposium 2014 - Kongehuset

:previous:

"A royal welcome" in Aarhus
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B11JpIDCEAACtzY.jpg:large

Now it's my turn to say it: He's a attractive man.


ADDED:


A video of Frederik arriving:
http://www.tv2oj.dk/artikel/233264:A...en-besOeger-AU

polyesco 11-07-2014 12:10 PM

A very attractive man,
a few more pictures of him speaking
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B11pEUWIgAIqDoo.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B11i42nIUAEVN9N.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B11ffSiIcAEulaq.jpg

added:
Aarhus Uni Alumni ‏@AUAlumni 4h4 hours ago #AU2014 "Tak for i dag", Prince Frederik leaves after giving back to @AarhusUni @AarhusSymposium pic.twitter.com/32R9VihqI6

Aarhus Symposium 2014: His Royal Highness the Crown Prince of Denmark - YouTube

video of his arrival and speech

Muhler 11-07-2014 12:21 PM

And here is a a video from the local news: TV 2 | ØSTJYLLAND | Kronprinsen besøger AU | Nyheder | Aarhus
Of Frederik arriving. I hear that Frederik is addressed with informal you, I also believe I've seen the man who recieves him before.
Anyway, Frederik remains close to one professor in particular at Aarhus University. Can't remember his name.

I thought the two of you only preferred Frederik dressed in scarlet? :tongue:

But Frederik did indeed dress neatly, obviously having observed his younger brother - who is a perfect gentleman. :cool:

polyesco 11-07-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1717991)

I thought the two of you only preferred Frederik dressed in scarlet? :tongue:

But Frederik did indeed dress neatly, obviously having observed his younger brother - who is a perfect gentleman. :cool:

lets hope Frederik doesnt follow in Joachim's pink pants disaster :eek:

although Frederik looks great in pink
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/176...6TJnBEcbN6GAXL
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dghagDajjD...of_history.jpg

but of course, he looks great in pink, red, blue, green, etc....
in uniform, in tux, in suit, in his beach ensemble that he wore this year :biggrin:,
in hunting clothes, in wet suits, biking attire....i could go on ;)

Frederik graduated from Aarhus university right?

Pictures from his second event
Kronprins Frederik om kramme-robot: Den minder mig om mine børn | www.bt.dk

Campus on Track is an association of social worker as North and adult education & HF, which is housed in the old freight area in the heart of Aalborg.

After the inauguration, the future social and health care workers will be trained, among other things to care for people with dementia, Frederik was shown around the school.

Here he was presented with a robot that is used in the care of dementen. The robot that can both speak and give a hug, being in care, dementia also experience tenderness and closeness.

Frederick was also not afraid to take immediate robot experienced up on the arm when he first looked at it. Then demonstrated the country's future king, he is also the father of four and a highly experienced one of the slain.

more on the event
Indvielse af uddannelsescampus i Aalborg - Kongehuset

added:
another gallery
http://www.nordjyske.dk/artikel/kron...b37c4e9/1/1201
he is in such high spirits

I guess he has a couple of fans
http://imageservice.nordjyske.dk/ima...&bgcolor=black

the pic with the robot is adorable
http://b.bimg.dk/node-images/881/7/1...s-frederik.jpg

Muhler 11-07-2014 02:16 PM

Thanks Polyesco & Roskilde :flowers:

:previous: Wasn't our Marie presented to such a hug-bot recently?

Roskilde 11-07-2014 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1718008)
Pictures from his second event
Kronprins Frederik om kramme-robot: Den minder mig om mine børn | www.bt.dk

Here he was presented with a robot that is used in the care of dementen. The robot that can both speak and give a hug, being in care, dementia also experience tenderness and closeness.

Frederick was also not afraid to take immediate robot experienced up on the arm when he first looked at it. Then demonstrated the country's future king, he is also the father of four and a highly experienced one of the slain.

added:
another gallery
Kronprins beundrer nordjysk samarbejde | Nordjyske.dk
he is in such high spirits

That's some nice galleries of Frederiks events today, thanks Polyesco :flowers: He's in his element.

The BT article says that Frederik in the best new born baby style laid the robot's head on his shoulder like a baby who had to burp while he delighted said: "It reminds me of my children when they were babies" :)

Here is one more video:
TV2/Nord | VIDEO: Kronprinsen krammer dukke | Nordjylland | Regionale nyheder

Although I'm skeptical about all personal qualities in the future will be replaced by robots.

MidwestMom 11-09-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by polyesco (Post 1717997)
lets hope Frederik doesnt follow in Joachim's pink pants disaster :eek:

although Frederik looks great in pink
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/176...6TJnBEcbN6GAXL
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dghagDajjD...of_history.jpg

but of course, he looks great in pink, red, blue, green, etc....
in uniform, in tux, in suit, in his beach ensemble that he wore this year :biggrin:,
in hunting clothes, in wet suits, biking attire....i could go on ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

How about a kilt? At some time in the future, we may see Christian and Vincent in one, owing to their mother's Scottish heritage. We'll probably never see Fred in one, though. Too bad.

Roskilde 11-10-2014 02:53 AM

Here a one more nice gallery of Frederiks events:

Kronprins beundrer nordjysk samarbejde | Nordjyske.dk

**

And yes, it could so fun to see Frederik in a kilt. The chance we at some point will see Christian and Vincent in kilt is indeed big.

Galleries from Kongehuset.dk

Opening the educational campus 'On the Track' in Aalborg:
Indvielse af Campus "På Sporet" - Kongehuset

Opening of the "Leadership and Strategy" Symposium in Aarhus:
Åbning af Aarhus Symposium - Kongehuset

iceflower 11-17-2014 03:51 PM

.

Posts about Crown Prince Frederik presenting the Davis Cup Commitment Award in his capacity as Patron of the Danish Tennis Federation have been moved to the "Crown Prince Frederik's Patronages and Charities"-thread.

polyesco 11-19-2014 01:52 PM

Frederik today awards the Creative Business Cup
https://scontent-b-lhr.xx.fbcdn.net/...44&oe=54D3FB02

meeting participants and being shown around
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2zpERXIgAAe-OQ.jpg:large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2zo03uIIAAk3T1.jpg:large

Article and 3 more pics of Frederik with the winners
The world's best creative entrepreneurs announced in Copenhagen | Creative Business Cup

H.R.H. Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark presented the awards to the world's best creative entrepreneurs at the Tivoli Hotel & Congress Center in Copenhagen today. CTAdventure from Poland won the first prize


He looks fantastic:smile:
another pic
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...efd779a52f6e0f

looks like a great atmosphere

Roskilde 11-20-2014 09:09 AM

:previous:

Her are more pictures from Frederik's event today:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.n...9420b0e0a0b077
https://scontent-b-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/...34&oe=54E1F861
https://scontent-a-vie.xx.fbcdn.net/...73&oe=54E242AD

Gallery from Kongehuset.dk:

Prisoverrækkelse ved Creative Business Cup - Kongehuset

Muhler 11-20-2014 09:30 AM

Annoyingly all that has recieved next to no coverage in the Danish papers.

Frederik is often getting some heat for only dealing with sports, and not taking more heavy subjects. Well, he is actually, but business and trade and men in suits are not sexy, so little coverage. - Because as every newspaper editor knows, we the readers, are stupid, we can't comprehend all that commerce something-whatever-stuff and if we could, we are not interested anyway...

So Frederik remains a bit unserious in the eyes of too many.

Frederik attending so many sports events, especially with schools, may turn out to be a very sound PR-policy on the long run.
Because Frederik is extremely good face to face and letting the future subjects get to know him, while they are young is a good idea.
The monarch of my generation is QMII, but the monarch of my children is Frederik. So yes, he might just as well start grooming them. And doing a good job at it BTW.

polyesco 11-20-2014 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1721974)
Annoyingly all that has recieved next to no coverage in the Danish papers.

Frederik is often getting some heat for only dealing with sports, and not taking more heavy subjects. Well, he is actually, but business and trade and men in suits are not sexy, so little coverage. - Because as every newspaper editor knows, we the readers, are stupid, we can't comprehend all that commerce something-whatever-stuff and if we could, we are not interested anyway...

So Frederik remains a bit unserious in the eyes of too many.

Frederik attending so many sports events, especially with schools, may turn out to be a very sound PR-policy on the long run.
Because Frederik is extremely good face to face and letting the future subjects get to know him, while they are young is a good idea.
The monarch of my generation is QMII, but the monarch of my children is Frederik. So yes, he might just as well start grooming them. And doing a good job at it BTW.

I agree.
This is the frustrating part.
His event on Monday that had a connection to sports got a lot of press but this one that deals with Business doesnt get much :bang:

a shame that some only see that aspect of him, but it was nice to see the recent poll I forget where, where Danes choose him as the best representative of the DRF. :flowers:
Also, from their recent economic trips, people in the business sector have pointed out how knowledgeable his is and the impact he creates having him be present.
And involving kids in sports and fitness/health living is a great cause. It stirs the youth to a healthier path. :flowers:

polyesco 12-02-2014 12:47 PM

Today, Crown Prince attends a board meeting of the DIF. House of Sports, Brøndby Stadion 20, Brøndby pm. 14:00.

"DIF is an organization that has existed for more than 100 years, and over the years there have been more and more federations, so DIF family today consists of 61 sports federations, over 9,000 sports clubs and more than 1.9 million active members."

let us hope for at least one picture : D

Roskilde 12-03-2014 02:12 PM

:previous:

You have written it several times and you're right ... Suits and serious meetings (which several of Frederik's events are) gets embarrassingly poor coverage. His events with children, sports or other more colorful stuff get good coverage. Maybe we should tip at least BB that we have nothing against seeing just a little coverage also from Frederik's more serious events? Not, that they are different when it comes to the other poor royal men...

ADDED:
Have actually just written a little note to BB haha... Don't know if I have done it the right way.

Another thing we rarely hear about or get coverage from is the meetings and Council of State meetings Frederik participates in together with Margrethe. I don't understand the difficulty of writing him in the calendar alongside Margrethe.

Anyway, here's pictures from last Wednesday where Frederik as usual participated in the State Council together with Margrethe at Christiansborg Palace:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...d19aa29dd845ac
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...c6c1d7731af327

polyesco 12-03-2014 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roskilde (Post 1725682)
:previous:

You have written it several times and you're right ... Suits and serious meetings (which several of Frederik's events are) gets embarrassingly poor coverage. His events with children, sports or other more colorful stuff get good coverage. Maybe we should tip at least BB that we have nothing against seeing just a little coverage also from Frederik's more serious events? Not, that they are different when it comes to the other poor royal men...

ADDED:
Have actually just written a little note to BB haha... Don't know if I have done it the right way.

Another thing we rarely hear about or get coverage from is the meetings and Council of State meetings Frederik participates in together with Margrethe. I don't understand the difficulty of writing him in the calendar alongside Margrethe.

Anyway, here's pictures from last Wednesday where Frederik as usual participated in the State Council together with Margrethe at Christiansborg Palace:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.n...d19aa29dd845ac
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...c6c1d7731af327


agree with you 100%
Their calendar and website needs improvement. Listing him in these meetings, would be step one

thank you for the pictures
Something is better than nothing :flowers:

iceflower 12-08-2014 04:19 PM

.

Posts about Crown Prince Frederik attending the IOC Session in Monaco have been moved to the extra thread: Crown Prince Frederik as a Member of the IOC.

polyesco 12-12-2014 06:18 PM

Another picture of Frederik at the Creative Business Cup
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-aBrNMA_e53...B2014%2B5a.jpg

I just love that he makes time for the Aussie teams/groups
and that smile : D

Roskilde 12-13-2014 08:24 AM

:previous:
Nice picture, Polyesco.

He is good to that. To always visit the Australian team no matter where and what it's about. I don't even think it's out of duty, but because Frederik simply feels Australia is a part of him.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises