The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/)
-   -   Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to Canada - September 12-20, 2014 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f114/earl-and-countess-of-wessex-visit-to-canada-september-12-20-2014-a-37246.html)

Lumutqueen 07-24-2014 08:46 AM

Earl and Countess of Wessex: Visit to Canada - September 12-20, 2014

@WindsorEditor: The Earl and Countess of Wessex will pay a visit to Canada on 12th-20th September, it’s announced.

annaelfka 07-24-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaelfka (Post 1686906)
According to The Globe & Mail, Earl & Countess will visit Canada between 12-19 September, on behalf of DofE Award Scheme. It will include solo visits to Northern Ontario by Sophie, and Saskatchewan by Edward. It will be 36th visit of Earl's, and Sophie's 12.

Here's my post from 17.VII.

TLLK 07-24-2014 12:10 PM

Those traveling Windsors are on the road again!! Has a member of the BRF been to the western provinces of Alberta and British Columbia in recent years?

Lumutqueen 07-24-2014 01:30 PM

Just looked at The Globe and Mail online and found no reference to the visit. Last article they published with the word Wessex in was from the birth of Prince George.

annaelfka 07-24-2014 01:37 PM

Do you think I'm lying? it was sort of online version of print paper. If I will locate it again, will send a link.
I cannot locate it, but it wasn't on their online site. It was via site when you can read paper version online, that's why I didn't include link originally, it didn't work correctly. As for royal central, they never give proper credit. Wessexes royal diary has been updated today, that's how they know.

Skippyboo 07-24-2014 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1689079)
Those traveling Windsors are on the road again!! Has a member of the BRF been to the western provinces of Alberta and British Columbia in recent years?

William and Kate were in Alberta for the Calgary Stampede in 2011.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Rudolph 07-24-2014 02:12 PM

The Earl and Countess of Wessex

12th September 2014

to 20th September - will carry out engagements in Canada.

------------------------------------

Its under future engagements in the Court Circular

Dman 08-18-2014 06:42 PM

Mace @RoyaleVision · 8h
#royal Prince Edward,Earl of Wessex & his wife will make a working, not a royal visit, to Victoria & Kelowna, BC, Canada, between Sept 12&20

Mace @RoyaleVision · 8h
#royal Prince Edward will present 85 youth from Victoria, Vancouver Island and the Lower Mainland with the gold Duke of Edinburgh’s Award.

Lumutqueen 08-18-2014 07:00 PM

Earl and Countess and Wessex to visit Canada: 12th-20th September 2014.

So it's not a visit on behalf of The Queen so hence it isn't royal?

Dman 08-18-2014 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1696084)
So it's not a visit on behalf of The Queen so hence it isn't royal?

Yeah, I guess so. It seems like it's just a regular working visit and not an official royal tour.

Molly2101 08-19-2014 07:04 AM

They go to Canada a lot for the DofE awards. I don't think they have done many royal tourz to Canada. They did one after they married to Prince Edward Island (they all seem to) but the other visits are mainly working visits. Sophie has visited on her own a few times.

annaelfka 08-28-2014 11:55 AM

News

Tiggersk8 08-31-2014 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaelfka (Post 1698039)

Still nothing more about Sophie coming to Northern Ontario. You'd think there'd be more info released by now w/the visit getting closer.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

PrincessOfPeace 09-11-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

The Earl of Wessex is set to pay a three day visit to Saskatchewan, Canada, as a part of the royal tour on which he and the Countess of Wessex will embark on tomorrow.

In the evening of the 17th of September, His Royal Highness will pay a visit to Moose Jaw, a city in south-central Saskatchewan, where he will stop outside the Saskatchewan Dragoons Headquarters. The following day, he will participate in a walkabout outside the Government House in Regina.
Prince Edward’s visit to Saskatchewan

Tiggersk8 09-12-2014 06:06 AM

It was announced today that Sophie's going to North Bay and Nippissing University to take part in something to do w/their Aboriginal Studies program. I really didn't hear the whole thing since I was moaning about how she's be so close and yet so far from my area. Sigh... :(

Molly2101 09-12-2014 10:13 AM

They are covering quite a lot with this visit but they are doing a lot of it seperately I believe. Suppose that's the best way to get more cover and to hand out more Duke of Edinburgh awards as they both are doing it this time. I read Sophie was doing it on another website.

annaelfka 09-12-2014 12:37 PM

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...52764840628128

Yes, the last few days will be mostly done separately. Let's hope for many pics, so I can have something to put on the blog posts.

Molly2101 09-12-2014 01:13 PM

I love that they added cuff links to the collection so Edward could have something. I love the design as well and I hope Sophie (and Edward) utilise their gifts!

PrincessOfPeace 09-12-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Royal watchers in Saskatoon and area have the opportunity to take a glimpse next Friday morning near the Saskatoon Farmers' Market.

His Royal Highness, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex will be at a special event along with Whitecap Dakota First Nation Chief Darcy Bear and Mayor Don Atchison.
The Prince will be unveiling a War of 1812 Bicentennial Monument along Avenue A South near River Landing.

If you're coming, you should be there by 9:30, but you should know there will be no access to the parking lots and streets in the immediate vicinity of the Farmers' Market from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
It's suggested to take the bus, bike, or park elsewhere and walk.
Prince To Unveil War of 1812 Monument - SaskatoonHomepage.ca - Saskatoon, Local News, Weather, and Sports.

Tiggersk8 09-12-2014 09:50 PM

Earl and Countess of Wessex to visit Canada: 12th-20th September 2014.

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaelfka (Post 1701928)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...52764840628128

Yes, the last few days will be mostly done separately. Let's hope for many pics, so I can have something to put on the blog posts.

Anna, for Friday, North Bay's newspaper is called The North Bay Nugget. You might also want to check out Canadore College's site. It has an excellent Broadcast, Print and Photo Journalism program and I'd be shocked if the second years weren't covering this come a week today.

I know all this because I tried to do their Broadcast program, but it was only months after my Transplant, I was still dealing w/what happened during (I came very close to losing it) it and I really should have waited a year before going to College in order to deal w/some things, but I didn't. Oh well, you know what they about hindsight, right? Anyway, I hope that helps a little. :)

annaelfka 09-13-2014 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 (Post 1702094)
Anna, for Friday, North Bay's newspaper is called The North Bay Nugget. You might also want to check out Canadore College's site. It has an excellent Broadcast, Print and Photo Journalism program and I'd be shocked if the second years weren't covering this come a week today.

I know all this because I tried to do their Broadcast program, but it was only months after my Transplant, I was still dealing w/what happened during (I came very close to losing it) it and I really should have waited a year before going to College in order to deal w/some things, but I didn't. Oh well, you know what they about hindsight, right? Anyway, I hope that helps a little. :)

Thanks, will keep that in mind!

Here's post on Day 1:
HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 1

Tomorrow will be crazy busy.

annaelfka 09-13-2014 02:34 PM

WOW, itinerary has been posted at the Royal Diary of both Earl & Countess'.
http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...ts.aspx?MRF=CW

http://www.royal.gov.uk/LatestNewsan...ts.aspx?MRF=EW

MagMil 09-13-2014 06:13 PM

more pictures
wessex | Buy Photos | AP Images | Search

Marty91charmed 09-13-2014 07:53 PM

She looks very fresh and lovely!

AdmirerUS 09-13-2014 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MagMil (Post 1702292)

Sophie plays foosball! Is foosball big in the UK?

annaelfka 09-14-2014 08:04 AM

HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 2

Molly2101 09-14-2014 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1702326)
Sophie plays foosball! Is foosball big in the UK?

It's not a big thing in the UK. Snooker tables would be much more popular.

Anna thanks for the links to photos. I love that Oscar De la Renta dress but not a fan of the Peter Piloto. I don't like the design or finish to them but obviously Sophie likes them. Love the clips of her serving lunch.

Today/tomorrow is when they do a mini hike I think. Can't imagine Sophie will be doing that in a dress!

PrincessOfPeace 09-14-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Prince Edward received an impromptu lecture on B.C. labour relations Friday as he and his wife, Sophie Rhys-Jones, kicked off a five-day tour of the province.

A crowd of students watched the earl and countess of Wessex inspect a naval guard of honour as the lieutenant governor welcomed the pair to Government House.

Prince Edward, the Queen's youngest son, asked the children when school would start again.

"We don't know yet. The teachers are still on strike," answered one girl.
"It also ended school early as well," said another.
Prince Edward and Sophie, countess of Wessex, begin B.C. tour - British Columbia - CBC News
Quote:

A friendly chat Saturday between Jeneece Edroff and Sophie Rhys-Jones, Countess of Wessex, revealed the pair have something special in common: a birthday.

“I’ll be 21 Jan. 20, she’ll be 50 Jan. 20,” Edroff said, as Sophie and her entourage drove away from Jeneece Place at Victoria General Hospital.

Sophie and her husband, Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex — the youngest of the Queen’s children — are in B.C. for five days. Sophie’s Saturday itinerary included visits to Jeneece Place, the Our Place social agency and the University of Victoria.

Having the countess come to Jeneece Place was “absolutely amazing,” said Edroff, the driving force behind the facility that bears her name. Jeneece Place, opened in 2012, is a “home away from home” for families with children who need to come to Victoria for
Sophie, Jeneece share birthdays and a desire to touch our hearts - Business - Times Colonist

roseroyal 09-14-2014 01:00 PM

Love the photos of Sophie at JP and the homeless shelter- especially of her serving lunch.
Love her new dress.

MagMil 09-14-2014 08:27 PM

video
Countess of Wessex serves lunch at Our Place
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkugERHeb20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLHuFl4iqzo

PrincessOfPeace 09-14-2014 09:14 PM

Quote:

Thirteen-year-old Victoria Gardner made the second British royal sighting of her young life on Sunday when she handed a bouquet of flowers to Sophie, Countess of Wessex.

The flowers were picked from her mother Tamara’s garden in Maple Ridge and taken all the way to Vancouver to be presented to the countess before her visit to the Blusson Spinal Cord Centre at Vancouver General Hospital.

Victoria’s first royal sighting was Queen Elizabeth II, during the monarch’s Golden Jubilee tour of Canada. Her three older siblings presented the queen with flowers, but Victoria was just a baby.
Royal visitor Sophie, Countess of Wessex, draws admiration on visit to VGH spinal-cord centre

Photos: Countess of Wessex tours Vancouver's Blusson Spinal Cord Centre

Tiggersk8 09-14-2014 10:09 PM

So happy the amazingly incredible work being done at the centre w/exo bionics and the exoskeleton frame is getting this attention. It's been shown that if used as early as possible after the spinal cord injury takes place, some mobility and sensation can come back to the Patient. It really is such an exciting field and it's only in the baby years of the research into what and how it can help w/Spinal Cord Injuries, but it is indeed very promising. :)

I also can't recommend everyone looking up Rick Hansen and learning his story highly enough. Rick is a true Canadian hero and also Champion of the Disabled. If it wasn't for his Foundation and the funding it helps w/, several research labs and programs would be no more due to Federal Govt cutbacks.

BTW...If you've ever heard the title song to the movie St. Elmo's Fire and wondered about it, the song is actually about Rick and not the movie. To many Cdns, myself among them, that song brings back several memories of a very special time.

To quote Forrest Gump..."And that's all I'm gonna say about that."

:D :D :D

roseroyal 09-14-2014 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessOfPeace (Post 1702562)

Love these.
Love Sophie's outfit too.

bertie5252003 09-15-2014 04:13 AM

Agree love both outfits and she is looking fabulous as well thanks for all updates

PrincessOfPeace 09-15-2014 09:50 AM

Quote:

Prince Edward the Earl of Wessex, and his wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex, got in touch with nature as they explored the TCT Coho River Trail in North Vancouver, British Columbia, on Sunday.

The royal couple, who are on a five-day visit to Canada, looked more casual than usual as they explored the nature trail.

Sophie, 49, looked chic in a navy suit with her hair pulled back into a low bun. Edward, 50, looked casual in cream chinos and a blue Ralph Lauren shirt.
Prince Edward and wife Sophie, Countess of Wessex get in touch with nature in Canada | Mail Online

annaelfka 09-15-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 (Post 1702572)
So happy the amazingly incredible work being done at the centre w/exo bionics and the exoskeleton frame is getting this attention. It's been shown that if used as early as possible after the spinal cord injury takes place, some mobility and sensation can come back to the Patient. It really is such an exciting field and it's only in the baby years of the research into what and how it can help w/Spinal Cord Injuries, but it is indeed very promising. :)

I also can't recommend everyone looking up Rick Hansen and learning his story highly enough. Rick is a true Canadian hero and also Champion of the Disabled. If it wasn't for his Foundation and the funding it helps w/, several research labs and programs would be no more due to Federal Govt cutbacks.

BTW...If you've ever heard the title song to the movie St. Elmo's Fire and wondered about it, the song is actually about Rick and not the movie. To many Cdns, myself among them, that song brings back several memories of a very special time.

To quote Forrest Gump..."And that's all I'm gonna say about that."

:D :D :D

Here's my post with Rick's story.
HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 3

annaelfka 09-15-2014 01:03 PM

Media advisory: The Countess of Wessex and Premier to join Mrs. Onley, women leaders on trip to Ontario’s North

HRH Countess of Wessex

roseroyal 09-15-2014 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annaelfka (Post 1702687)

First- I love the photo of Sophie hugging little Abigail! Abigail looks like she's gotten something better than a million dollars! I am a bit confused though- the article said thier tour ends on Tuesday- I thought it was to the 20- where are they going?
Second- love the photos Anna- @Tiggers- you are right- that man is a hero!

annaelfka 09-15-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1702709)
I am a bit confused though- the article said thier tour ends on Tuesday- I thought it was to the 20- where are they going?

the last day of tour is on the 19th. Perhaps they will leave on the 20th. But their final engagements are on 19.

roseroyal 09-15-2014 09:59 PM

Where are these engagements? The article said their tour ends tomorrow or the next day- that's not right.

PrincessOfPeace 09-15-2014 11:11 PM

Quote:

Women leaders will conduct a three-day tour of northern Ontario that includes the fly-in First Nations community of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug (KI).

Ruth Ann Onley, wife of Ontario Lt.-Gov. David Onley, will be joined by Sophie, the Countess of Wessex and wife of Prince Edward, Premier Kathleen Wynne and Lt.-Gov.-designate Elizabeth Dowdeswell.
Sun News : Women leaders to tour northern Ontario

Molly2101 09-16-2014 02:57 AM

Little video of Edward and Sophie dancing with the kids at a community feast. I chuckled a lot at how uncoordinated Edward is.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=y...&v=hhC_vty2n2U

PrincessOfPeace 09-16-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

His Royal Highness Prince Edward Earl of Wessex told a ballroom full of young people on Saturday they earned the right to walk a little taller after successfully completing a journey that millions attempt but relatively few complete. He shook hands with 87 young high achievers as he handed out the Duke of Edinburgh's Gold Award during a ceremony at Government House.
Prince Edward shakes hands with 87 Duke of Edinburgh award winners at B.C. ceremony | Turtle Island News Daily Newswire

annaelfka 09-16-2014 01:00 PM

HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 4

All engagements are posted on Royal Diary.

MagMil 09-17-2014 02:03 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzlmREp71f4

annaelfka 09-17-2014 01:01 PM

HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 5

PrincessOfPeace 09-17-2014 07:51 PM

Quote:

Nipissing University says it will offer a live webcast of the speech that will be given by Her Royal Highness The Princess Edward, Countess of Wessex, on Friday.
BayToday will also be covering the event.
Her Royal Highness The Countess of Wessex will speak to students, faculty, staff and invited guests on the topic of Aboriginal Education at 2:30 p.m.
To view the webcast, visit Nipissing University Flash Streamer
Royal speech to be webcast

Quote:

When she goes there this week, the Countess of Wessex will be the first member of the royal family in over 80 years to visit the northern Canadian reserve of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug First Nation.

“We are just trying to grasp it now. The last time anyone came here from the Crown was in 1929 when we signed our treaty, said Chief Donny Morris of KI. “To have someone from the Royal Family, representing that, reliving that, I think that’s what we’re excited about — somebody actually coming here 85 years after we signed the treaty with the Crown.”
Countess of Wessex to be the first Royal to visit Aboriginal community since 1929

MagMil 09-18-2014 02:14 AM

CTV Vancouver: Countess of Wessex pays visit | CTV Vancouver News

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr3qAW5Gm2o

annaelfka 09-18-2014 11:00 AM

HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 6

PrincessOfPeace 09-18-2014 11:54 AM

Quote:

MOOSE JAW, Sask. - Prince Edward, the Earl of Wessex, has launched a three-day visit to Saskatchewan.
He landed at 15 Wing Moose Jaw on Wednesday afternoon and was greeted by Lt.-Gov. Vaughn Solomon Schofield.
Following a short welcoming ceremony, the prince inspected the parade consisting of members of the Saskatchewan Dragoons and the Royal Canadian Air Force.
Moose Jaw Mayor Deb Higgins said the prince is "always very personable and willing to meet the public."
Prince Edward begins three-day visit to Saskatchewan by visiting Moose Jaw - Brandon Sun

Bine221 09-18-2014 12:12 PM

So at the Moment there ar 2 different Royals in Canada.... the Wessexes and the CPs of Denmark.
I know, Canada is a big Country, but isn´t that a bit weird?
Bye Bine

Molly2101 09-18-2014 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bine221 (Post 1703745)
So at the Moment there ar 2 different Royals in Canada.... the Wessexes and the CPs of Denmark.
I know, Canada is a big Country, but isn´t that a bit weird?
Bye Bine

I wonder which Royals they prefer.....technically the Wessex's are the Canadian Royal family but the Danish royals are crown princely. Their visits are for very different things though.

Nordic 09-18-2014 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Molly2101 (Post 1703754)
I wonder which Royals they prefer.....technically the Wessex's are the Canadian Royal family but the Danish royals are crown princely. Their visits are for very different things though.

Prefer? Who? Weird? It's not like they are fighting for the attention of the same crowd in the same venues...

The Danish CP couple are heading a Business promotion tour arranged by The Confederation of Danish Industries and the Foreign Office of Denmark, with 80 companies accompanying them. I don't know what the Wessex's are there for, but I think there's plenty of room for both couples to do their thing in Canada.

Mirabel 09-18-2014 12:57 PM

I haven't seen much press coverage of the Wessexes visit; have I missed it, or hasn't there been much?

PrincessOfPeace 09-18-2014 02:01 PM

The Earl and Countess aren't on an official tour of Canada so not as much press as normal.

Blog Real 09-18-2014 02:33 PM

The counts of Wessex and Frederik and Mary will be that if you're going to find in Canada?

annaelfka 09-18-2014 02:35 PM

The coverage is decent in Canada, I have been posting links in my posts. They have given detailed info on itinarery, some events are not media allowed like today. But tomorrow there will be live feed of Sophie's speech. Plus organizations that Sophie visited gave also great coverage. I have updated my posts, and gave links to more galleries.
The only thing that wasn't covered are the evening dinners. But those are behind closed doors with no media.
Yes, I know media coverage is not like for Kate, but there never was such coverage for them, and never will be. Plus their visit is working one, not official.
HRH Countess of Wessex

Another video of them leaving Alert Bay, someone played for them God save The Queen. They waited till the end, waved to the people and departed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c9RWZwT2gpQ
Also, worth noting, more and more people notice how hard they work, and how genune they are with people. and that they are great for BRF.

annaelfka 09-19-2014 03:32 AM

Countess charms remote Ontario First Nation on unusual Royal visit, speaks of ‘reconciliation’ | National Post

PrincessOfPeace 09-19-2014 05:25 PM

Quote:

Prince Edward was in Saskatoon this morning to unveil a War of 1812 monument at River Landing. (David Shield/CBC)
The Earl of Wessex spoke to the large crowd gathered at River Landing for the unveiling.
"It's just a great privilege to be here and represent Her Majesty The Queen and the Crown, and that lineage of my ancestors who have been such a part of Canada and the people of the First Nations," he said.
Prince Edward unveils War of 1812 monument in Saskatoon - Saskatoon - CBC News

AdmirerUS 09-19-2014 07:01 PM

Well, I have never read anything about how the First Nations feel about the Monarchy and (bad on me) I have never thought about it.

So Sophie speaking on reconciliation is a revelation to me. Keep it coming - the more we learn, the more we ARE, the more we CAN BE. :flowers:

annaelfka 09-19-2014 07:11 PM

HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 7
I managed to get pic from HRH's visit. Earl's part of the day will be updated tomorrow.

annaelfka 09-20-2014 08:59 AM

HRH Countess of Wessex: Earl & Countess of Wessex visit Canada for the DofE Award scheme - Day 8

Miss Hathaway 09-20-2014 02:44 PM

A very low neckline on Sophie's dress. She should have pinned it up a bit.

annaelfka 09-20-2014 04:25 PM

I think she looks fine, seen much lower necklines on other royals.
1929 Treaty site - YouTube
NetNewsledger.com - Kitchenuhmaykoosib Welcome Distinguished Guests to First Nation
Royal visit to remote Ontario reserve was ‘moving, enlightening and uplifting,’ Countess says | National Post

PrincessOfPeace 09-20-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

NORTH BAY, Ont. -- Ontario Premier Kathleen Wynne continued her tour of the province's north Friday with a royal guest.

Fresh from an overnight visit to the remote fly-in First Nations community of Kitchenuhmaykoosib Inninuwug (KI), the Countess of Wessex, Sophie Rhys-Jones, arrived in North Bay with Wynne and a delegation of high-profile women to speak about aboriginal issues.
Sophie, Countess of Wessex, pledges to help bring attention to aboriginal issues

MagMil 09-20-2014 08:00 PM

:previous::flowers:
great tour
amazing as always

roseroyal 09-22-2014 01:35 PM

That first photo- awww...

annaelfka 09-22-2014 05:07 PM

How we build a new relationship with Ontario’s First Nations - The Globe and Mail

Mbruno 09-22-2014 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1704363)
Well, I have never read anything about how the First Nations feel about the Monarchy and (bad on me) I have never thought about it.

So Sophie speaking on reconciliation is a revelation to me. Keep it coming - the more we learn, the more we ARE, the more we CAN BE. :flowers:

I believe the First Nations of Canada have traditionally seen the monarch as a defender of their rights against the narrow interests of the white European settlers. I suppose that is also true for the Maoris in New Zealand.

To be fair though, what the native peoples historically saw as the "Queen" or the "Crown" in that context should be more properly interpreted as the imperial British government in London, which was generally more sympathetic to aboriginal rights than the local dominion governments. Once the dominions became independent and the monarch ceased to follow imperial advice on dominion affairs, transferring instead all royal prerogatives to the Governor General acting on the advice of the dominion government, the distinction became moot.

CATS 09-23-2014 02:11 AM

Well I never got the chance to go see the Earl of Wessex, I do have a friend who drives bus for Ecole Centennial School. She said the kids were dressed up and really excited before school. After school all she heard about was how many bodyguards there were, some said 2, some said 6 , some said 12, and they had guns.

Molly2101 09-24-2014 06:53 AM

Video of Sophie's speech during her first Duke of Edinburgh Award Ceremony. She sounded so good and so confident. You can tell she has been public speaking for many years now.

Her little giggle at the end when she is saying it's her first one was so cute.

HRH The Countess of Wessex

Marty91charmed 09-24-2014 08:05 AM

Awww she sounds so sweet:flowers:

Thank you for posting it!

Molly2101 10-01-2014 07:32 PM

Video of Sophie's other speech during her visit to Canada. This was when she was at Nipissing University.

Royal Visit

They introduce Sophie with a lovely little speech about her. =] I love that she whipped out her iPad for the speech. I imagine the screensaver to be Lady Louise and James....and I bet they FaceTime when they are travelling away from them.