The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Astrid, Archduke Lorenz and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f124/)
-   -   Prince Amedeo, Princess Elisabetta and Family, News and Events 1, July 2014- present (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f124/prince-amedeo-princess-elisabetta-and-family-news-and-events-1-july-2014-present-37162.html)

Marengo 07-06-2014 06:20 AM

Prince Amedeo, Princess Elisabetta and Family, News and Events 1, July 2014- present

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikiped...elgium.svg.png

Welcome to the 1st thread for Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Princess Elisabetta, Princess Anna-Astrid and Prince Maximilian current News and Pictures.

Please remember to follow the TRF posting guidelines and the copyright rules TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines :

- In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
- No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
- It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
- Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.

carlota 07-06-2014 06:50 AM

has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?

HereditaryPrincess 07-06-2014 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1684019)
has lili gotten the title of princess now that she is married or will continue to be lili rosboch?

Wikipedia lists her as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este in the BRF's info box. The Belgian RF's website isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm not sure what they say her title is. :flowers:

Cory 07-07-2014 08:04 PM

For the moment she was not also styled Princess of Belgium.

Tatiana Maria 07-08-2014 08:32 PM

I, too, am intrigued by the thread title's reference to "Princess Elisabetta," as she does not possess that title by law, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no announcement from official quarters that she will be styled as a Princess of Belgium. However, if such an announcement has been issued, it would be appropriate to post here.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1684186)
Wikipedia lists her as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este in the BRF's info box. The Belgian RF's website isn't working for me at the moment, so I'm not sure what they say her title is. :flowers:

Elisabetta is not yet included as a family member in the Belgian royal family's website. It is indeed likely that she will style herself as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta, but not a certainty: Many Italian (and Belgian) women do not assume their husbands' names (or titles) after marriage.

Skippy 07-09-2014 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria (Post 1684746)
Elisabetta is not yet included as a family member in the Belgian royal family's website. It is indeed likely that she will style herself as HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta, but not a certainty: Many Italian (and Belgian) women do not assume their husbands' names (or titles) after marriage.

I do not think that it is likely to happen either - that Elisabetta will be included in the Belgian monarchy's website. They do not seem that keen on updating (only the events in the diary, the basic things) and even Prince Amedeo himself is only mentioned in the biographies of his parents.
Heck, the last official photos are from January 2013 for Queen Mathilde's 40th birthday.
As long as no official title is being made known (and I even doubt it will, since their wedding was considered a private occasion), I think it's best to just call her Elisabetta or Lili - even though that is now technically incorrect.

Marengo 07-09-2014 06:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria (Post 1684746)
I, too, am intrigued by the thread title's reference to "Princess Elisabetta," as she does not possess that title by law, and to the best of my knowledge there has been no announcement from official quarters that she will be styled as a Princess of Belgium. However, if such an announcement has been issued, it would be appropriate to post here.

She doesn't possess the title by law indeed. However, neither do many other princesses (in Holland f.e. the van Oranje-Nassau van Vollenhoven princesses or even Laurentien). However, as the wife of a prince she may 'use' his title. just as women often use their husbands last name. Since Belgium has a 'princess Alexandre' I think the most likely option is that the court will refer to Elisabetta as 'Princess Amedeo', but at the moment we simply don't know.

However, if the Belgian court will provide more clarity on the issue & when they come to a different conclusion, we will change the title of this thread.

Tatiana Maria 07-09-2014 02:51 PM

Thank you for the clarification; I concur that social - albeit not legal - usage of her husband's title is a likely, but unconfirmed, option.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippy (Post 1684792)
As long as no official title is being made known (and I even doubt it will, since their wedding was considered a private occasion), I think it's best to just call her Elisabetta or Lili - even though that is now technically incorrect.

I agree, and I do not think it incorrect - she will surely retain her given name, no matter what surname or title she may use. ;)

maria-olivia 07-09-2014 03:17 PM

We don't know a lot about their future life.
In his interview, King Albert II said that Amedeo has a now job in Belgium and that they bought a house .
Will Lili work in Belgium ??

iceflower 09-12-2014 03:09 AM

Elisabetta and her mother were pictured shopping at the Vogue Fashion Night Out of Rome in Rome, Italy, yesterday evening, September 11, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

julliette 09-26-2014 10:33 PM

Elisabetta was seen shopping with her mom in Rome September 25, 2014

Olycom - News

Tatiana Maria 12-01-2014 12:16 AM

Lili Rosboch filed from Paris her first story for ARTnews on October 23, 2014. She apparently kept her name, at least professionally.

Grand Openings: FIAC Begins as Paris Museums Come to Life - ARTnewsARTnews

julliette 12-01-2014 01:50 PM

What would her surname be had she adopted Amedeo's?

Marengo 12-01-2014 01:52 PM

I think that he and his siblings are using 'de Belgique', though I am not sure if that is their official last name.

leidi 12-02-2014 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo (Post 1724928)
I think that he and his siblings are using 'de Belgique', though I am not sure if that is their official last name.

I remember Joachim having "de Belgique/van Belgie" in his Naval uniform when he became an officer.

julliette 12-02-2014 11:31 AM

Just checked and Amedeo de Belgique is also the name he uses on his Linkedin Profile.

Spheno 12-02-2014 12:22 PM

From wikipedia:
Quote:

The announcement of his engagement occurred in February 2014. No royal decree expressing dynastic authorisation for his marriage was gazetted in the Moniteur Belge prior to his 5 July 2014 wedding, as foreseen in Article 85 of the Belgian Constitution, nor has a subsequent official communication on the matter been issued. A commentator on the military parade for La Une on 21 July 2014 (Belgian National Day) explained that no royal authorisation was announced because Amedeo intentionally chose not to request permission to marry, and therefore Amedeo is no longer to be considered in the line of succession, however that interpretation has been confirmed by neither the royal household nor government.
does anyone know something about this?

titiromi 12-02-2014 01:25 PM

Is it correct to call Elisabetta princess as in Belgium you have to be titled princess to be able to be a princess of Belgium?

Princess Xenia 12-02-2014 01:48 PM

Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta, News and Events Part 1, July 2014- pre...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spheno (Post 1725309)
From wikipedia:

I didn't know about this, but I've got to say that it doesn't surprise me, there was no news that she would be made a princess of Belgium, it wasn't discussed at all, even after the government was formed, if it's true I would really like to know why Amedeo chose not be in the line of succession anymore.

Mbruno 12-02-2014 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Xenia (Post 1725328)
I didn't know about this, but I've got to say that it doesn't surprise me, there was no news that she would be made a princess of Belgium, it wasn't discussed at all, even after the government was formed, if it's true I would really like to know why Amedeo chose not be in the line of succession anymore.

If he is no longer in the line of succession, is he still a prince of Belgium or has he been also stripped of his title ?

Tatiana Maria 12-02-2014 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spheno (Post 1725309)
From wikipedia:
Quote:

The announcement of his engagement occurred in February 2014. No royal decree expressing dynastic authorisation for his marriage was gazetted in the Moniteur Belge prior to his 5 July 2014 wedding, as foreseen in Article 85 of the Belgian Constitution, nor has a subsequent official communication on the matter been issued. A commentator on the military parade for La Une on 21 July 2014 (Belgian National Day) explained that no royal authorisation was announced because Amedeo intentionally chose not to request permission to marry, and therefore Amedeo is no longer to be considered in the line of succession, however that interpretation has been confirmed by neither the royal household nor government.

It is correct that a prince (or princess) of Belgium who marries without the legal consent of the king loses his (or her) place in the line of succession. From the Belgian Constitution:

Quote:

Sera déchu de ses droits à la couronne, le prince qui se serait marié sans le consentement du Roi ou de ceux qui, à son défaut, exercent ses pouvoirs dans les cas prévus par la Constitution.
Google translation: "Be deprived of his right to the crown, the prince who marries without the consent of the King or those who, in his absence, exercising its powers as provided by the Constitution."

Quote:

Originally Posted by titiromi (Post 1725323)
Is it correct to call Elisabetta princess as in Belgium you have to be titled princess to be able to be a princess of Belgium?

To the best of my knowledge, neither the Belgian court nor the Belgian government have clarified her social title (if any). The only certainty is that she does not have a legal Belgian title.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1725329)
If he is no longer in the line of succession, is he still a prince of Belgium or has he been also stripped of his title ?

No, losing one's place in the line of succession does not strip a prince (or princess) of his (or her) title.

MAfan 12-02-2014 06:28 PM

So basically Amedeo and Elisabetta are now in the same situation as the late Prince Alexander and wife: no succession rights (which hopefully won't be an issue) and she legally isn't a Princess of Belgium.
But really, it wouldn't be that terrible if the Belgian Court issued some clarification.

Spheno 12-02-2014 06:58 PM

Wiki calls he 'HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta'

JR76 12-02-2014 07:01 PM

Prince Amedeo and Princess Elisabetta, News and Events Part 1, July 2014- pre...

A Belgian princess or not she must be an archduchess of Habsburg-Este right?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

JR76 12-02-2014 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1725433)
A Belgian princess or not she must be an archduchess of Habsburg-Este right?

Oh d... I did it again!!

Tatiana Maria 12-02-2014 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 1725419)
So basically Amedeo and Elisabetta are now in the same situation as the late Prince Alexander and wife: no succession rights (which hopefully won't be an issue) and she legally isn't a Princess of Belgium.

Titlewise, Lili Rosboch's situation is a new one. The title Princess of Belgium was automatically received by wives of Princes of Belgium before December 15, 1991, and so Prince Alexander's wife legally is a princess by marriage, while Mathilde and Claire are legally princesses by royal decree.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAfan (Post 1725419)
But really, it wouldn't be that terrible if the Belgian Court issued some clarification.

Indeed. :smile:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spheno (Post 1725431)
Wiki calls he 'HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta'

So far as I'm aware, she hasn't publicly used that title herself. (The Belgian court normally styles Amedeo and his siblings "HRH" and "Prince(ss) NN of Belgium.")

Moonmaiden23 12-02-2014 09:13 PM

It just strikes me as odd that Amedeo would deliberately not seek permission from his uncle the king, and from the government. It would almost certainly have not been denied. The bride's family, reputation, and lineage are practically tailor made for the Belgian RF.

Amedeo has never seemed like the rebellious type. Maybe he just realizes that Philippe's line is so secure that the chances he would ever be needed anyway are nil...so he didn't bother?

JR76 12-02-2014 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1725465)
It just strikes me as odd that Amedeo would deliberately not seek permission from his uncle the king, and from the government. It would almost certainly have not been denied. The bride's family, reputation, and lineage are practically tailor made for the Belgian RF.

Amedeo has never seemed like the rebellious type. Maybe he just realizes that Philippe's line is so secure that the chances he would ever be needed anyway are nil...so he didn't bother?

Didn't that happen with some of the sons of Margriet of the Netherlands? They knew they where so far down the line of succession that they didn't bother to have their marriages approved by the government?

Moonmaiden23 12-03-2014 12:06 AM

My knowledge of Dutch Royal history is practically nil. The go-to posters for this would be Marengo or lucien. Both have encyclopedic expertise here;)!

JessRulz 12-03-2014 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1725466)
Didn't that happen with some of the sons of Margriet of the Netherlands? They knew they where so far down the line of succession that they didn't bother to have their marriages approved by the government?

Princess Margriet's two youngest sons, Pieter-Christiaan and Floris, both did not seek approval from the government for their marriages as chance of them succeeding to the throne was very remote. Once their cousin become King, they would have been removed from the succession anyway due to the degree of kinship clause.

Amedeo might have thought along similar lines - there are five people before him in the line of succession, so it is unlikely he will ever become King.

Or he did seek/receive permission, but no official communication has been released (oddly).

Tatiana Maria 12-03-2014 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 1725494)
Or he did seek/receive permission, but no official communication has been released (oddly).

As a Belgian constitutional power, the king's consent to marriages of princes(ses) must be countersigned by a minister and published in the Belgisch Staatsblad/Moniteur Belge to be legal.

The Staatsblad may be searched online at
Moniteur Belge - Belgisch Staatsblad (July 1997-present)

There are royal decrees authorizing Prince Philippe and Prince Laurent's marriages and granting their wives titles, but none authorizing Prince Amedeo's marriage or granting his wife a title.

Mbruno 12-03-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JR76 (Post 1725466)

It happened to her two younger sons. Their two older brothers remained in the line of succession until Queen Beatrix's abdication. When Willem-Alexander became king, they were removed from the line of succession for being related to the current monarch in the 4th degree of consanguinity. Under the Dutch constitution, only relatives of the monarch up to the 3rd degree are eligible to the throne.

Tilia C. 12-03-2014 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1725465)

I wouldn't call it rebellious. They probably discussed this issue privately and decided that the succession was safe enough with the kids of Philipe and Mathilde. So they may have decided to keep the RF slim by simply not going for "offically asking of concent".

JessRulz 12-03-2014 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria (Post 1725556)
As a Belgian constitutional power, the king's consent to marriages of princes(ses) must be countersigned by a minister and published in the Belgisch Staatsblad/Moniteur Belge to be legal.

The Staatsblad may be searched online at
Moniteur Belge - Belgisch Staatsblad (July 1997-present)

There are royal decrees authorizing Prince Philippe and Prince Laurent's marriages and granting their wives titles, but none authorizing Prince Amedeo's marriage or granting his wife a title.

I suppose then we can assume that no {official} consent was asked for by Amedeo.

Blue_ 12-13-2014 02:54 PM

During Q. Fabiola's funeral, I paid attention on what the journalist were calling P. Amedeo's wife.
I heard
* Princess Amedeo
* Archduchess Elisabetta
But mainly Elisabetta and Lili

Ceallach 04-07-2015 08:52 PM

Their wedding picture is being used as a stock wedding photo in a story about weddings

The 10 Most Annoying Wedding Traditions

Al_bina 04-07-2015 09:11 PM

It is unfortunate that a photo from Prince Amedeo's and Princess Elisabetta's wedding was used for such stupid article.

Olyashka 04-25-2015 02:35 PM

That article's writer should've just used a drawing or another foto - not that of Amedeo and Elisabetta.

About Amedeo not asking permission, I think he and Lili don't care about the LoS at all. It seems to me Amedeo and his siblings never cared about their titles at all. They live like us - like commoners . Also, Elisabetta is not an ambitious kind of lady who wants to be called a princess. She married Amedeo for love, not for his titles : )

Duc_et_Pair 04-25-2015 03:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olyashka (Post 1771558)
[...] Also, Elisabetta is not an ambitious kind of lady who wants to be called a princess. She married Amedeo for love, not for his titles : )

How do you know?

:flowers:

Blog Real 04-25-2015 03:33 PM

Truth. Lili always seemed to be in love with Amedeo.

Where he works Lili?

Moonmaiden23 04-25-2015 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olyashka (Post 1771558)
That article's writer should've just used a drawing or another foto - not that of Amedeo and Elisabetta.

About Amedeo not asking permission, I think he and Lili don't care about the LoS at all. It seems to me Amedeo and his siblings never cared about their titles at all. They live like us - like commoners . Also, Elisabetta is not an ambitious kind of lady who wants to be called a princess. She married Amedeo for love, not for his titles : )

I think it's going too far to say that Lili and Amadeo "live like us...commoners". Commoners do not have the type of wedding TIH's had nor do they go hang out with family and in-laws at some of the most exquisite palaces and chateaux on the Continent.

They are privileged to pursue lives on a very high scale with no worries about gaining access to the most exclusive circles. Their future and the futures of their children are assured economically and socially.

I don't know any commoners who can say that.

But they do seem like a very approachable, low key and lovely Royal couple.

As far as Amadeo and his siblings, we don't know how they feel about their titles because they don't give interviews. They are Imperial and Royal Highnesses through both of their parents, they've never known any other life. it's a good bet that they don't give it that much thought.

Blog Real 04-25-2015 03:50 PM

Amedeo and Lili has a good economic situation.
Obviously they can dine in the restaurant they desire and travel to wherever they want without major concerns.

I like Amedeo and Lili and I'd like them to come more often. :flowers:

Duc_et_Pair 04-25-2015 04:13 PM

Her Imperial and Royal Highness the Archduchess Amedeo of Austria-Este, Princess of Belgium born Donna Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein is a daughter of Nobile Ettore Rosboch von Wolkenstein and of Donna Lilia dei conti de Smecchia.

Some posters seem sure that this Italian aristocrat lady married only for love and not because Amedeo is a goodlooking rich dude whom happens to be an Archduke of Austria and a Prince of Belgium.
Sure.
Can be.
Who knows?

Would Donna Elisabetta have married Amedeo when he was a poor jobless dude living somewhere in Brussels?
Sure.
Can be.
Who knows?

Anyway, Elisabetta works for Bloomberg News in New York City, USA.

Olyashka 04-25-2015 04:18 PM

Oh, what I mean about "commoner" is someone living an ordinary life... not given patronages, etc. , things which sons/daughters of a reigning royal sovereign are tasked to do, dogged by press, etc (again).
I know they have those privileges moonmaiden23 said, but regardless of those, they live like commoners. I hope I have made myself clear...or should it be more proper to say they want to live like commoners?

Moonmaiden23, if you're interested, I found this...
Ready for Royalty, R4R Royal Spotlight: Prince Amedeo’s Life in New...

Yes, they are very rich... Lili being the heiress to the pharmaceutical fortune her father has. I think it's a luck for many princes to be able to marry heiresses, hm? (ex: Felix of Luxembourg's wife Claire, CP Pavlos of Greece's wife Chantal)

Oh I'm sorry for assuming that she married for love. Why do people doubt people (esp. commoners, more so those who are relatively poor) who marry into royalty? Is it bad to presume this man/girl married this princess/prince for love? :(

Blog Real 04-25-2015 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Olyashka (Post 1771593)
Oh, what I mean about "commoner" is someone living an ordinary life... not given patronages, etc. , things which sons/daughters of a reigning royal sovereign are tasked to do, dogged by press, etc (again).
I know they have those privileges moonmaiden23 said, but regardless of those, they live like commoners. I hope I have made myself clear...or should it be more proper to say they want to live like commoners?

Moonmaiden23, if you're interested, I found this...
Ready for Royalty, R4R Royal Spotlight: Prince Amedeo’s Life in New...

Yes, they are very rich... Lili being the heiress to the pharmaceutical fortune her father has. I think it's a luck for many princes to be able to marry heiresses, hm? (ex: Felix of Luxembourg's wife Claire, CP Pavlos of Greece's wife Chantal)

Oh I'm sorry for assuming that she married for love. Why do people doubt people (esp. commoners, more so those who are relatively poor) who marry into royalty? Is it bad to presume this man/girl married this princess/prince for love? :(

I agree with what you said.

Moonmaiden23 04-25-2015 08:25 PM

I happen to think Amadeo/Lili are indeed a love match. They seem smitten with one another.

The fact that they are also on one another's social, economic, educational and religious level is serendipity. They are a fantastic couple.

Thank you for the link, Olyashka!

Olyashka 04-25-2015 09:24 PM

Indeed, that's serendipity - what a suitable description you said, Moonmaiden23! One can tell they're in love by the way they look into each other's eyes, smile/grin, many to mention~absolutely in-love, I hope all the best for them : )) Also I agree with Blog Real that hopefully, we'd get to see more of them~

You're very welcome, Moonmaiden23! I hope his siblings would be given a chance to do that kind of written interview, but it seems the press isn't interested of them, as well as the rest of Belgian population... according to Blue_ (a Belgian member here), very few in the place where she lives know who the rest of Astrid's children are. Amedeo is the only famous one. I think it's probably true for the rest of Belgium. They only know them by face but names..no.

I found this, too:
Why European Royalty and Aristocrats Are Flocking to New York

It's been cited as one of the references for Lili's info in Amedeo's Wikipedia bio. There's a bit of his interview in there, explaining how happy he was working in New York.

Duc_et_Pair 04-26-2015 04:21 AM

What we assume to see means nothing. It is what they want us to see. The best proof was the most romantic and most beautiful photo-shoot of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra (of Denmark). Wow, wow... Love Is In The Air.... Love Is Everywhere.... You Are My Prince... and more Disney sugarcake fondant was coming from this photo-shoot. A few weeks later the couple announced their separation, followed by a divorce...

I assume that Donna Elisabetta felt in love with Archduke Amedeo, vice-versa. But they are two people on the same social stage whom have found each other. These two blue-blooded people met each other exactly because they are on a social level which they share. Then about the couple living a life like "commoners". That happens to be the reality for almost all royals except the reigning couples and their heirs. In many royal families (the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, etc.) royals are expected earn their own living when they do not belong to the very core royal family.

Amedeo has recently obtained a MBA post graduate degree at Columbia University. Apparently the Prince has found a new job in Brussels, as a banker in private equities. According Le Soir the couple has a new home at the Royal Domain of Laeken, close to the Villa Schonenberg where his parents live. That Royal Domain belongs to the Koninklijke Schenking/Donation Royale and gives its properties at the disposal of the King and/or the royal family.

Since the death of Queen Fabiola, her residence the Château du Stuyvenberg is no longer in use. In Belgian media there were rumours that the couple Amedeo & Elisabetta would become the new inhabitants of that beautiful residence. The building is in need of a good renovation. Nothing heard about that anymore.

On that royal domain Amedeo & Elisabetta will live in an exclusive, heavily guarded lush green domain in the heart of densely populated Brussels. They have the use of chauffeurs, limousines, greenkeepers, butlers, etc. So it is not exactly the 'commoner' lifestyle they are living and Amedeo is also not exactly the pauper who found a rich heiress...

Sancia 04-26-2015 04:30 AM

What makes me think they indeed married for love is that they lived together for years in New York, far from the public eyes. They had been a couple for eight years or more before their wedding.

Duc_et_Pair 04-26-2015 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancia (Post 1771742)
What makes me think they indeed married for love is that they lived together for years in New York, far from the public eyes. They had been a couple for eight years or more before their wedding.

Doesn't that count for all royal couples? Prince Philippe dated Mathilde d'Udekem d'Acoz while really no one ever found out. Prince Willem-Alexander was invited by a Prince von and zu Liechtenstein to visit his family's pavillion at the Feria de Abril in Sevilla and suddenly saw a certain blonde lady whom appeared to be an Argentine living in New York. There are no arranged marriages anymore in West-European monarchies, maybe some are "encouraged" (by organizing parties, diners, to create fertile soil for wished matches) but that is it.

Donna Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein with Prince Amedeo. Donna Beatrice Borromeo with Pierre Casiraghi. Princess Maria Carolina de Bourbon de Parme with Albert Brenninkmeijer (of the wealthiest family in the Netherlands). Lady Melissa Percy with Thomas van Straubenzee. It is still all very much "us knows us".

Duc_et_Pair 04-26-2015 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1771582)
I think it's going too far to say that Lili and Amadeo "live like us...commoners". Commoners do not have the type of wedding TIH's had nor do they go hang out with family and in-laws at some of the most exquisite palaces and chateaux on the Continent.

[...]

Indeed, a "commoner" usually does not let the whole family fly to Rome, to be married in the stunning Basilica di Santa Maria in Trastevere (one of the eldest churches in Rome), in a service led by a Belgian cardinal, wearing a prizeless family heirloom as diadem, a Valentino couture gown and an evening party in a De' Medici palace....

Moonmaiden23 04-26-2015 01:31 PM

Their romance was kept low-key, but I am almost 100% certain that Mathilde and Philippe did not live together before they married and neither did Guillaume and Stephanie.

This is the first I have read that Maxima and Willem-Alexander did.

Olyashka 04-26-2015 06:41 PM

@Duc

Imo, Joachim of Denmark and Countess Alexandra of Frederiksborg didn't last that long obviously because their marriage was built on the fragile foundation of intense mutual infatuation (safe to say for they had a whirlwind courtship then soon, marriage - genuine love doesn't develop that quickly). Due to that, they began knowing each other only after getting married, realising not long after that they're incompatible, thus the separation and eventual divorce. Mistaking strong infatuation as love is a common mistake by people, and that surely is the fault committed by those past lovebirds...

In Amedeo and Elisabetta's case, they've known each other for years before deciding to get married. I know, time isn't enough evidence to tell a couple has found true love, but for their case, I'd prefer to say they really knew each other enough after knowing each other for 7 years, that they really are genuinely in love before taking the marriage vows.
Ok, maybe I'm wrong with thinking about that because I've never been in a relationship in this young age of mine... Time will tell what I've chosen to believe is true or not. If they seek divorce, I'd admit my blindness and mistake.

Thank you for that info about where they're currently living. If that's where they chose to live, they're not commoners. However, I wonder if they would ever use those limousines, chauffeurs, etc... only time and later photos (if there'd be any) will tell.
I know the rest which you said, btw.

And I have to point out that I never meant to say Amedeo is a pauper. I wonder why you commented ...
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc et Pair
Amedeo is also not exactly the pauper who found a rich heiress...

...I think you said that because I mentioned only Lili being an heiress in my previous post. Why I did that is because I know all of us here visiting this thread knows that Amedeo is rich so it doesn't need to be mentioned anymore : )

cdm 04-27-2015 04:11 AM

I wonder if it's true that they have a house on the Royal Domain. It was said before that they bought a house in Brussels.

It is agreed that in the future only the monarch and the heir will receive a donation. For that I don't find it logical that the nephew of the king gets a house on the Royal Domain.

Maybe they're staying there while their house is being renovated.

maria-olivia 04-27-2015 07:46 AM

Yesterday on VTM they said they had a House near Princess Astrid's.

They also said She left Bloomberg , but this has nothing to do with her private life.

Members of the Royal Forums have a lot of Imagination and a lot of free time to write about it.

Duc_et_Pair 04-27-2015 08:15 AM

Yes, on the Royal Domain of Laeken, close to Villa Schonenberg. But next to it is the Château du Stuyvenberg, so maybe they are living in an annex to Schonenberg.

Duc_et_Pair 04-27-2015 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1771861)
Their romance was kept low-key, but I am almost 100% certain that Mathilde and Philippe did not live together before they married and neither did Guillaume and Stephanie.

This is the first I have read that Maxima and Willem-Alexander did.

The Prince of Orange lived in his mansion at Noordeinde 66 in the centre of The Hague. Ms Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti lived in an appartment at Huis ten Bosch palace in The Hague. They did not live together before the marriage, at least not officially.

I don't know if Archduke Lorenz and Donna Elisabetta lived together in the USA. It is 2015 and I only encourage people to live together first, to see how daily routine works in their relationship.

Sancia 04-27-2015 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1772114)
I don't know if Archduke Lorenz and Donna Elisabetta lived together in the USA. It is 2015 and I only encourage people to live together first, to see how daily routine works in their relationship.

Amedeo and Elisabetta did indeed lived together.

I am not sure your views on the matter are shared by the very catholic parents of the Gotha.

Moonmaiden23 04-27-2015 09:47 AM

True Sancia, Amadeo and Lili lived together openly in NYC for years. Since his family and upbringing are among the most religiously orthodox in the Gotha, I was surprised about that.

They even sought the blessing of the Pope before their wedding.

I don't think living together first is beneficial to the success of a marriage in the least. In fact, studies have shown just the opposite. Most people live together first nowadays....and the divorce rate is 50%, higher than at anytime ever.

fearghas 04-27-2015 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 (Post 1772143)
True Sancia, Amadeo and Lili lived together openly in NYC for years. Since his family and upbringing are among the most religiously orthodox in the Gotha, I was surprised about that.

They even sought the blessing of the Pope before their wedding.

I don't think living together first is beneficial to the success of a marriage in the least. In fact, studies have shown just the opposite. Most people live together first nowadays....and the divorce rate is 50%, higher than at anytime ever.

yes and 50 years ago and more people who detested each other stayed together out of fear of social stigma, my grandparents being a good example. Remaining married does not mean the marriage is well, healthy or even alive. I prefer the honesty of, if the marriage isn't working, leave.

Shikha Pal 05-05-2015 10:14 AM

Elisabetta is very beautiful!. Since she is married to Amedeo, what title(s) does she have?

MAfan 05-05-2015 01:38 PM

As you can see from the previous posts in this thread, the issue of her titles is still unclear and disputed.
For sure she is HI&RH Archduchess Elisabetta of Austria-Este, Princess of Hungary and Bohemia, etc; as for her Belgian titles, it is still unclear what it is and the Belgian Court still hasn't provided any clarification.

Mbruno 05-05-2015 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1771741)
What we assume to see means nothing. It is what they want us to see. The best proof was the most romantic and most beautiful photo-shoot of Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra (of Denmark). Wow, wow... Love Is In The Air.... Love Is Everywhere.... You Are My Prince... and more Disney sugarcake fondant was coming from this photo-shoot. A few weeks later the couple announced their separation, followed by a divorce...

I assume that Donna Elisabetta fell in love with Archduke Amedeo, vice-versa. But they are two people on the same social stage who have found each other. These two blue-blooded people met each other exactly because they are on a social level which they share. Then about the couple living a life like "commoners". That happens to be the reality for almost all royals except the reigning couples and their heirs. In many royal families (the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Norway, Sweden, Denmark, etc.) royals are expected earn their own living when they do not belong to the very core royal family.

Amedeo has recently obtained a MBA post graduate degree at Columbia University. Apparently the Prince has found a new job in Brussels, as a banker in private equities. According Le Soir the couple has a new home at the Royal Domain of Laeken, close to the Villa Schonenberg where his parents live. That Royal Domain belongs to the Koninklijke Schenking/Donation Royale and gives its properties at the disposal of the King and/or the royal family.

Since the death of Queen Fabiola, her residence the Château du Stuyvenberg is no longer in use. In Belgian media there were rumours that the couple Amedeo & Elisabetta would become the new inhabitants of that beautiful residence. The building is in need of a good renovation. Nothing heard about that anymore.

On that royal domain Amedeo & Elisabetta will live in an exclusive, heavily guarded lush green domain in the heart of densely populated Brussels. They have the use of chauffeurs, limousines, greenkeepers, butlers, etc. So it is not exactly the 'commoner' lifestyle they are living and Amedeo is also not exactly the pauper who found a rich heiress...

Amadeo is no longer in the line of succession (as he got married without requesting the King's approval) and AFAIK his wife is not a princess of Belgium. I don't see why they should live then at the Royal Domain of Laeken off taxpayers' money.

On a related note, there seems to be extensive reporting about the personal net worth (excluding state/Crown-held assets) of the Windsors, the Orange-Nassau and the Bernadottes for example, but the personal finances of the Belgian Coburgs seem to be shrouded in mystery. The Belgian RF is supposed to have accumulated a great fortune back when Leopold II personally ruled the Belgian Congo, bur it looks like most of that fortune ended up being transferred to the Belgian State or was lost in inheritance taxes and marriage agreements. Does anybody know for sure or at least have an estimate of the personal net worth of the Belgian RF and how that compares to the supposedly "wealthier" ruling families of the UK or the Netherlands for example ?

stephanievl 05-27-2015 06:12 PM

Amedeo and Elisabetta attended this weekend the wedding of Count Philippe of Limburg-Stirum and Countess Caroline von Neipperg in France.

Pic

Moonmaiden23 05-27-2015 10:14 PM

:previous:Lili looks elegant as usual, but that's rather a somber looking dress to wear to a springtime wedding, even with the red accessories.:ermm:

Shikha Pal 05-28-2015 06:09 AM

Elisabetta and Princess Laurentein of The Netherlands

Google Image Result for http://cdn-parismatch.ladmedia.fr/var/news/storage/images/paris-match/royal-blog/famille-royale-belge/sortie-avec-sa-belle-mere-la-princesse-astrid-de-belgique-pour-la-jolie-elisabetta-maria-dite-lili-avec-les-princesses-margr

Olyashka 05-29-2015 05:19 AM

That photo of Amedeo and Elisabetta is so sweet.
She looks beautiful with Princess Laurentien. Soo tall women. I searched more pics from that day and found one of her and her mother in law Astrid. They look very close.

Tilia C. 05-29-2015 07:06 AM

Amadeo and Elisabetta attended the wedding of Count Philippe of Limburg-Stirum and Countess Caroline von Neipperg last Saturday.
View image: 4787066v

maria-olivia 05-29-2015 08:06 AM

This young couple brings JOY in the so difficult Relationship between our Royals.

Tatiana Maria 07-30-2015 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1772105)
They also said She left Bloomberg , but this has nothing to do with her private life.

She has continued to report for Bloomberg.

Lili Rosboch stories - Bloomberg Business

Duc_et_Pair 07-31-2015 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1776426)
Amadeo is no longer in the line of succession (as he got married without requesting the King's approval) and AFAIK his wife is not a princess of Belgium. I don't see why they should live then at the Royal Domain of Laeken off taxpayers' money.

[...]

The Royal Domain of Laeken is not "off taxpayers' money" but is part of the enormous Donation Royale (Royal Gift) of King Leopold II to the State of Belgium, with a condition for certain estates (like Laeken) to remain at the disposal of the King.

The Donation Royale is an independent legal entity which manages and administers the many estates, assets and portfolios which were once privately owned by King Leopold II. In principle the Donation can manage itself thanks to the working capital given by the King and the exploitation of the properties.

The Donation Royale can rent out lands to tennant farmers. They can rent out forests to forestry companies. They can rent domains and lakes to a water company to deliver fresh drinkwater to households. They can lease out historical buildings to serve as office. They can rent out porperties, whatever. For an example to Archduke Amedeo... As long as the KIng's gift is respected (so the Château du Stuyvenberg can not become a "private club" for gentlemen, just to name an example). It must always have a dignified use.

Blog Real 07-31-2015 12:38 PM

Royalement Blog: Des nouvelles du prince Amedeo

leidi 08-03-2015 01:04 PM

Amedeo and Lili attended the Borromeo-Casiraghi wedding this weekend.

Mbruno 08-03-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1805933)
The Royal Domain of Laeken is not "off taxpayers' money" but is part of the enormous Donation Royale (Royal Gift) of King Leopold II to the State of Belgium, with a condition for certain estates (like Laeken) to remain at the disposal of the King.

The Donation Royale is an independent legal entity which manages and administers the many estates, assets and portfolios which were once privately owned by King Leopold II. In principle the Donation can manage itself thanks to the working capital given by the King and the exploitation of the properties.

The Donation Royale can rent out lands to tennant farmers. They can rent out forests to forestry companies. They can rent domains and lakes to a water company to deliver fresh drinkwater to households. They can lease out historical buildings to serve as office. They can rent out porperties, whatever. For an example to Archduke Amedeo... As long as the KIng's gift is respected (so the Château du Stuyvenberg can not become a "private club" for gentlemen, just to name an example). It must always have a dignified use.

I doubt Amedeo will rent any property from the Donation Royale. Given his present income as a business analyst, I even doubt he could afford it. Elisabetta, on the other hand, comes from a very wealthy family.

Al_bina 08-03-2015 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leidi (Post 1807001)
Amedeo and Lili attended the Borromeo-Casiraghi wedding this weekend.

The blogger karinna_87 kindly provided two photos of Prince Amedeo and his wife. I have to say that Princess Elisabetta did not look good on the second photo. Her ensemble was unflattering.

https://ru-royalty.livejournal.com/3257123.html

Frelinghighness 08-03-2015 09:48 PM

Nice pictures thank you

Duc_et_Pair 08-05-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1807031)
I doubt Amedeo will rent any property from the Donation Royale. Given his present income as a business analyst, I even doubt he could afford it. Elisabetta, on the other hand, comes from a very wealthy family.

The Donation Royale owns a lot of properties which are rented out, for an example to staff of the royal household. If they can afford the rents, then Archduke Amedeo, a banker, can afford it too...

:whistling:

In 1900 King Leopold II wanted to avoid that his immense estate would be inherited by his (very estranged) heirs. Instead he donated his whole estate to the State of Belgium under three conditions:
1 - the properties may never be sold
2 - some properties must retain their original function, appearance and outlook
3 - some properties must remain available to the bearer of the Crown

Today, the Donation Royale is an autonomous public institution whose board of directors is composed of officials of the palace, officials from the Department of Finance and bankers. Except for the management of properties which are accessible to the public, this institution is financially independent: it receives its income from the rents it receives for its properties and from income out of investments. The Donation Royale is an autonomous institution and finances its own activities, so it does not weigh on the taxpayers.

Eveline 11-29-2015 02:18 PM

According to an article in a Belgian newspaper, Amedeo got his right to the throne back. He asked for permission to wed Lili on 15 september. King Filip granted this so prince Amadeo is again sixth in line to the throne.

The article (in Dutch):
Prins Amedeo opnieuw zesde in lijn voor troonopvolging - HLN.be

Princess Xenia 11-29-2015 04:19 PM

I think the only reason that Amedeo didn't ask (was told not to ask) the king's consent was that they didn't know what title should his wife and future children have. Now that the King and the government have reached a decision about who will get the title of Prince(ss) of Belgium, the issue is solved and Prince Amedeo was told to ask for permission for his marriage.

izabela84 12-16-2015 02:00 PM

On this picture Lily looks pregnant... It would be a nice information if someone confirms it. Now it's just my guess. Or wish.... ;)
http://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.fr...embre-2015.jpg

Source: Paris Match

Sancia 12-16-2015 02:06 PM

I got the same feeling when I was the pics of her. Only time will tell.
But how weird will it be when prince Amedeo will be a father. His siblings and him are still cute royal teenager for me :ohmy:

izabela84 12-16-2015 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancia (Post 1848371)
But how weird will it be when prince Amedeo will be a father. His siblings and him are still cute royal teenager for me :ohmy:

That's right. But between Amedeo and his youngest sister Laetitia Maria is 17 years difference

principessa 12-16-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by izabela84 (Post 1848369)
On this picture Lily looks pregnant... It would be a nice information if someone confirms it. Now it's just my guess. Or wish.... ;)

Source: Paris Match

But when you are looking at this picture you see that she looks not pregnant.

Blue_ 02-08-2016 07:14 PM

I think the eventual pregnancy was not confirmed yet (nor denied?) . I think she do look pregnant in both pictures, but it's hard to say :)

lise 02-08-2016 11:46 PM

I also think she looks pregnant.

Tilia C. 02-09-2016 06:56 AM

I don't think that they will formally announce a pregnancy. So we should try not to speculate until they either do, or till it is really obvious.

But I would say that Elisabetta looks really good, as does Amedeo. Being married seems to do them good. :smile:

Tatiana Maria 02-09-2016 07:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Xenia (Post 1843344)
I think the only reason that Amedeo didn't ask (was told not to ask) the king's consent was that they didn't know what title should his wife and future children have. Now that the King and the government have reached a decision about who will get the title of Prince(ss) of Belgium, the issue is solved and Prince Amedeo was told to ask for permission for his marriage.

Het Nieuwsblad was told by a palace source that Prince Amedeo did not realize he needed official permission and King Philippe elected not to remind him because "he respected the autonomy of his nephew".

http://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/s...63378893668352

If the source is credible I do not know, but it is known that Prince Amedeo never asked permission in the first one and a half years of his engagement and marriage and finally asked two months after his "renunciation" became national news.

Blog Real 02-09-2016 11:06 AM

Elisabetta is pregnant? where can I read news about it?

MAfan 02-09-2016 11:31 AM

There is no news about it, since there has not been any announcement nor the speculations about the pregnancy have been confirmed.
So far everything has been said and written about a pregnancy is just a speculation and - as a fellow Moderator reminded just a couple of posts ago - it's better to avoid speculations until a pregnancy is announced or it is clearly visible.

Biri 02-09-2016 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sancia (Post 1848371)

All siblings except Laetitia-Maria are of age already.

Marengo 02-28-2016 06:42 PM

Princess Elisabetta has been doing an internship at the communication department of the European parlament these last five months.

Princess Elisabetta Does Internship At European Parliament | The Royal Forums

MAfan 04-10-2016 06:40 AM

A new thread has been opened to discuss about Princess Elisabetta's pregnancy:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ild-40535.html

Mbruno 04-10-2016 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tatiana Maria (Post 1862472)
Het Nieuwsblad was told by a palace source that Prince Amedeo did not realize he needed official permission and King Philippe elected not to remind him because "he respected the autonomy of his nephew".

http://twitter.com/WDehandschutter/s...63378893668352

I find it hard to believe that Prince Amedeo"didn't know" he needed the King's permission to marry in order to stay in the line of succession. Even if he didn't know, Princess Astrid certainly knew it and would have reminded him in case her brother chose not to do it.

In any case, it is settled now that Amedeo's children will not be princes of Belgium. They will remain in the line of succession though as the Belgian constitution does not limit the line of succession based on proximity of blood and all legitimate male or female descendants of King Albert II are in principle eligible to ascend the throne.

maria-olivia 04-10-2016 08:28 AM

I don't know if Prince Amedeo late asking to stay in order of the succession has something to do with the baby to come ?
The date of the birth is curiously not known

Tatiana Maria 04-10-2016 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mbruno (Post 1878308)
I find it hard to believe that Prince Amedeo"didn't know" he needed the King's permission to marry in order to stay in the line of succession. Even if he didn't know, Princess Astrid certainly knew it and would have reminded him in case her brother chose not to do it.

I agree that the story is hard to believe, but I cannot think of a better explanation for the belated request. The king had ample time to issue a decree before the general election and the wedding, consent was and is unrelated to titles, and if my memory serves me correctly, the engaged couple already planned to have children. King Philippe or Prince Amedeo could have changed their minds after the wedding, but I am not sure why they would.

maria-olivia 04-10-2016 10:15 AM

the Baby will be Archduke or Archduchess of Austria-Este.
The only Event who wll gather the whole belgian Royal Family

tommy100 04-10-2016 10:58 AM

I can't believe Amedeo didn't know or that his mother or grandparents didn't mention it. I've always thought that the Belgian Royal Family don't seem particularly close, I think they get on fine when they meet but that they don't get together all that often. If they were going round to each others houses all the time you'd think one of them would have mentioned it to Amedeo.

Tatiana Maria 07-06-2016 08:42 PM

There is a question of whether Prince Amedeo is violating the law by living in a building that belongs to the Royal Donation without permission from the government. Since he and his wife relocated to Belgium in 2014, they have resided in an outbuilding, former employee housing, of Princess Astrid's residence Villa Schonenberg. Under the law of November 27, 2013 (Article 8), permission from the Minister of Finance must be obtained in order to put any building in the Royal Donation at the disposal of the Royal Family. On January 11, 2016, the minister denied granting any permissions since the law came into effect. The question is whether the outbuilding is part of Princess Astrid's residence or a different building which needs the permission of the Minister.

Amedeo et sa «dépendance» de Laeken: le prince vivrait encore chez sa mère... - sudinfo.be

Al_bina 07-06-2016 10:05 PM

I wonder why Princess Astrid did not bother clarifying the situation with Prince Amedeo's residence in advance.

MAfan 07-07-2016 03:55 AM

:previous: The simplest reason that comes to my mind is that they may have thought that the building is part of the complex of Villa Schonenberg, and thus didn't need an own permission.
The article mentions that in the past, when all the children of Princess Astrid lived at Villa Schonenberg, the depandance was used to house the staff working for the Princess, so probably it has always been considered as an integral part of Villa Schonenberg.