The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Queen Letizia Jewellery: June 2014 - (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/queen-letizia-jewellery-june-2014-a-37064.html)

muriel 06-18-2014 12:09 PM

Queen Letizia Jewellery: June 2014 -

This thread can be used for discussing jewels worn by or possessed by Queen Letizia

An Ard Ri 06-19-2014 07:15 AM

Well from the photo's I think Letizia wore her diamond star earrings,surely she could have worn something else given the ceremonial occasion and she didn't wear any rings.

Charlotte_Aster 06-19-2014 07:26 AM

On the other hand, given that she has to shake more than 1000 hands today, maybe it was a wise decision not to wear any rings.

An Ard Ri 06-19-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlotte_Aster (Post 1677965)
On the other hand, given that she has to shake more than 1000 hands today, maybe it was a wise decision not to wear any rings.

That's a valid point and may be the reason as to the absence of her wedding ring and the others.

princess carmen 06-19-2014 08:25 AM

Perhaps, those earrings have special meaning to her.

wyevale 06-19-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

those earrings have special meaning to her.
That seems very likely. Perhaps they were a gift from her husband ?

Winnie 06-19-2014 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1677961)
Well from the photo's I think Letizia wore her diamond star earrings,surely she could have worn something else given the ceremonial occasion and she didn't wear any rings.

I certainly agree, but I believe I read somewhere that the star earrings were given to her by Felipe for a special personal occasion and that he loves seeing her wear them. Who really knows. If true I can think of quite a few "personal" moments who's memory would make me feel loved.

Winnie 06-19-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Either that or always wear gloves like QEII.

princess gertrude 06-19-2014 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess carmen (Post 1677990)
Perhaps, those earrings have special meaning to her.

Perhaps the new King should give her a new pair of diamond hoops or studs that she can wear everyday instead of those stars. And as far as the rings go. She rarely wears rings, every now and then her wedding band. So her not wearing her rings was not surprising.

LadyFinn 06-19-2014 11:01 AM

If Letizia loves these star earrings, she should wear those as often as she wants. Letizia made yesterday a lovely gesture, by wearing her wedding earrings which she had got from king Juan Carlos and queen Sofia, and today wearing earrings she has got from Felipe.

cepe 06-19-2014 11:10 AM

Anyone know what the blue ribbon with medal/jewel attachment is?

An Ard Ri 06-19-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 1678055)
I certainly agree, but I believe I read somewhere that the star earrings were given to her by Felipe for a special personal occasion and that he loves seeing her wear them. Who really knows. If true I can think of quite a few "personal" moments who's memory would make me feel loved.

Maybe the 2 stars represent Leonor & Sofia.

ANNIE_S 06-19-2014 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1678078)
Anyone know what the blue ribbon with medal/jewel attachment is?

The Order of Charles III

An Ard Ri 06-19-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess gertrude (Post 1678075)
Perhaps the new King should give her a new pair of diamond hoops or studs that she can wear everyday instead of those stars. And as far as the rings go. She rarely wears rings, every now and then her wedding band. So her not wearing her rings was not surprising.

I'm sure she has plenty to choose from,one thing Letizia is not short of is a few pairs of earrings but she just seems to wear the same old stuff time after time regardless of the ceremony or occasion.

An Ard Ri 06-19-2014 11:27 AM

I've never seen these before or the necklace

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-teir8BaVxP...rusia+(61).jpg

Never noticed this brooch before either

http://estaticos03.elmundo.es/yodona..._albumes_1.jpg

Duke of Marmalade 06-19-2014 12:41 PM

Quote:

She Could have Worn her Wedding Band on the left Hand, like Felipe. No Problem with handshakes, then. The Star earrings are so Boring!

Lady Marlboro 06-19-2014 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wyevale (Post 1677992)
That seems very likely. Perhaps they were a gift from her husband ?

This is my thought as well. I think they were a gift to mark something very special between them - maybe the birth of their daughters (I'm not sure when she started wearing them) or maybe something else that is just special to her and Felipe. Either way, the stars seem to hold great sentimental value for her to wear them today. We will never know. Personally I was hoping she would wear her wedding earrings again.

muriel 06-19-2014 01:05 PM

Personally, I think it Letizia likes the star earrings or if they have a special meaning to her, there is nothing wrong in her wearing them everyday. Funny, nobody seems to complain about QE2 or Camilla wearing their regular pearl and diamond earrings on a day to day basis.

An Ard Ri 06-19-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1678150)
Personally, I think it Letizia likes the star earrings or if they have a special meaning to her, there is nothing wrong in her wearing them everyday. Funny, nobody seems to complain about QE2 or Camilla wearing their regular pearl and diamond earrings on a day to day basis.

Day day to basis is fine but today Letizia became Queen Consort of Spain,the occasion warranted better attention to what jewels she wore and seeing as she now has the jewels of the Queens of Spain at her disposal her choice was lazy.

mammacats 06-19-2014 04:00 PM

I can understand how this momentous day can be overwhelming to someone like Letizia. On a conscious level you think you are ready, but on the subconscious? Just look how Maxima spent her day. She looked happy, but just a little overwhelmed by the whole occasion.
She is going to look stunning in all of the tiaras now. I just hope that we get to see them more often. I can't blame her for choosing something comfortable on such a momentous day.