The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Abdication & Proclamation 2014 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f284/)
-   -   Where to Watch the Abdication and Proclamation (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f284/where-to-watch-the-abdication-and-proclamation-37047.html)

Fürstin Taxis 06-13-2014 10:47 AM

Where to Watch the Abdication and Proclamation

http://i.imgur.com/ZIMhcVq.png

Please share links and lists of channels here

lula 06-13-2014 11:10 AM

TVE (Spanish public tv)

La 1 de TVE en directo

Canal 24 horas en directo

ROYAL NORWAY 06-13-2014 12:14 PM

I'm sure that the English-language news channels will be covering it as well.

HereditaryPrincess 06-13-2014 06:09 PM

:previous: I would think (or hope) that there will be coverage on British TV. The SRF seems to be quite well known in the UK, as The Daily Mail and The Telegraph have recently been publishing a lot of articles on Letizia, and at the time of the Spanish train crash, there was coverage of Felipe and Letizia on the News. If not, then I'm sure that the News will show clips/footage of the installation, like they did with WA of the Netherland's inauguration.

Winnie 06-13-2014 07:07 PM

I am hoping we will get on the Spanish speaking news channel here in America

sancakli70 06-13-2014 07:10 PM

Zdf in germany?

Fürstin Taxis 06-14-2014 03:14 PM

At the moment there is no notification that ARD or ZDF will show it. But iirc they also didn´t broadcasted the Dutch and Belgian installations.

principessa 06-14-2014 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis (Post 1676116)
At the moment there is no notification that ARD or ZDF will show it. But iirc they also didn´t broadcasted the Dutch and Belgian installations.

But Phoenix will broadcast it:

PHOENIX - TV-Programm

Fürstin Taxis 06-14-2014 03:51 PM

Hey, thank you :flowers:

Baroness of Books 06-14-2014 03:52 PM

What is the date and time?

Jacknch 06-14-2014 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 1675779)
:previous: I would think (or hope) that there will be coverage on British TV. The SRF seems to be quite well known in the UK, as The Daily Mail and The Telegraph have recently been publishing a lot of articles on Letizia, and at the time of the Spanish train crash, there was coverage of Felipe and Letizia on the News. If not, then I'm sure that the News will show clips/footage of the installation, like they did with WA of the Netherland's inauguration.

On Sky and Freeview, BBC News 24 and Euronews will most likely have live coverage - Euronews covered the Belgian and Dutch abdications and inaugurations very well indeed.

ANNIE_S 06-14-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baroness of Books (Post 1676129)
What is the date and time?

For the Abdication: June 18, 6:00 pm (Spanish hour).

For the Proclamation: June 19
TVE´s coverage starts at 8:00 am, at 9:30 am the first event of the day will start (King Juan Carlos will impose the sash of General Captain of the Army to King Felipe).
The arrival to the Congress will be around 10:00 am and the act of proclamation will start at 10:30.

This is the coverage TVE´s going to offer on Wednesday and Thursday:
https://translate.google.com/transla...-text=&act=url

Baroness of Books 06-14-2014 07:34 PM

^^^ Thank you for the information; I didn't realize it was this soon.

An Ard Ri 06-15-2014 06:16 AM

I'm hoping Euronews will be broadcasting the Proclamation Ceremony live,they did so with the Dutch Abdication/Investiture Ceremonies.

Duc_et_Pair 06-15-2014 06:48 AM

TVE Internacíonal will certainly do. As well via a live stream on tve.es...

Duc_et_Pair 06-15-2014 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fürstin Taxis (Post 1676116)

Heu... ARD/ZDF/WDR were all day long broadcasting Live aus Amsterdam and had an own mobile studio alongside one of the canals... They indeed did not cover the Belgian Investiture so extensively, which probably had to do with the lack of ceremonial splendour, the lack of royal spectacle and the lack of foreign guests attending in all glanz und gloria... In Amsterdam however, they really came with an enormous team to bring it all into the German houses...

:flowers:

Stefan 06-15-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1676334)
Heu... ARD/ZDF/WDR were all day long broadcasting Live aus Amsterdam and had an own mobile studio alongside one of the canals... They indeed did not cover the Belgian Investiture so extensively, which probably had to do with the lack of ceremonial splendour, the lack of royal spectacle and the lack of foreign guests attending in all glanz und gloria... In Amsterdam however, they really came with an enormous team to bring it all into the German houses...

It was only ARD who broadcasted the dutch Investiture. There is an agreement that only one of the 2 public Channels is broacasting Major Royals Events because there was some critic when both of them broadcasted the danish and spanish Royal Wedding in 2004. An Exception was the Wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in 2011 where again both public Channels broadcasted live.

Fürstin Taxis 06-15-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1676334)

Maybe I can´t remember it, because I could´t watch it live :biggrin: Thank you!
Yes, this and that the Dutch are more known and popular here than the Belgian Royals.

principessa 06-15-2014 08:32 AM

Phoenix will also broadcast the abdication of King Juan Carlos.

PHOENIX - TV-Programm

Rossina 06-15-2014 08:34 AM

Is there any online English radio that will cover the ceremony?? .. its difficult for me to watch it while working.