The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   King Felipe VI, Queen Letizia and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/)
-   -   Proclamation of Felipe VI; Suggestions & Musings (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f11/proclamation-of-felipe-vi-suggestions-and-musings-37014.html)

4Pam 06-04-2014 10:40 PM

So what can we expect for the event? A little bummed that it won't be anything like the Netherlands.

Winnie 06-05-2014 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Pam (Post 1672498)
So what can we expect for the event? A little bummed that it won't be anything like the Netherlands.

Probably very low-keyed...like Belgium's maybe.

Duc_et_Pair 06-05-2014 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1672467)
Can someone explain better to me? There's the signing, Felipe needs to swear, proclamation ceremony, and more? I'm a bit confused here, I saw pictures of Queen Sofia wearing a pink dress & later a blue dress with mantilla.
Can someone explain to me what and how the ceremonies will be? Which ones? All in the same very day? If yes, that means a full pack day with schedules and changing clothes?
I'm so confused here, I need help ;)

Three Acts, like in Luxembourg 2000, Amsterdam 2013 and Brussels 2013:

Act 1
The King, Don Juan Carlos I, signs the Act of Abdication

Act 2
The new King, Don Felipe VI, affirms to maintain the Constitution. The Cortes prolaims him King of Spain

Act 3
At a later date, festive ceremonies involving the Armed Forces (parade), the Church (a Te Deum), and the citizens (festivities, fireworks)

That will be the rough schedule.

:flowers:

kathia_sophia 06-05-2014 03:28 AM

Thank you ANNIE_S for your explanation ;) and also to Duc_et_Pair.

ANNIE_S 06-05-2014 06:00 AM

Iīm watching the Spanish TV and they are saying that there will be no mass and no foreign dignataries.

An Ard Ri 06-05-2014 06:40 AM

Thanks Annie I didn't think there would be either.

lula 06-05-2014 07:07 AM

Zarzuela has confirmed that there will be no foreign guests, or mass.

Probably King Juan Carlos will officially sign his abdication at the Royal Palace.

King Felipe will be proclaimed at the Congress of Deputies, probably after the act, in front of the Congress he will receive military honors. After they will go to the Royal Palace to hold a reception.

feridekuru 06-05-2014 07:30 AM

It will be a big event. Is the ceremony Like the from netherland?

An Ard Ri 06-05-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by feridekuru (Post 1672601)
It will be a big event. Is the ceremony Like the from netherland?

Low Key & nothing like the Dutch Ceremony.

No Foreign Guests and no Religious Ceremony ,it will be a Proclamation Ceremony before the Spanish Cortes (Parliament) ,the extended Royal Family might be present if were lucky!

wyevale 06-05-2014 07:52 AM

Seems a shame there will be no Mass.

Perhaps its time the Kings dropped the title 'Most Catholic Majesties' ?

lula 06-05-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by An Ard Ri (Post 1672605)
Low Key & nothing like the Dutch Ceremony.

No Foreign Guests and no Religious Ceremony ,it will be a Proclamation Ceremony before the Spanish Cortes (Parliament) ,the extended Royal Family might be present if were lucky!

Probably the family of the King will be present at the signing of the abdication in the Royal Palace. But the proclamation in the Congress of Deputies, the space will be very limited, and therefore the number of guests reduced.

principessa 06-05-2014 07:58 AM

Do you think that Letizia's family will attend the ceremony?

sancakli70 06-05-2014 08:02 AM

It is the same like the belgium

Esmerelda 06-05-2014 08:14 AM

Hopefully we'll be able to follow over the internet!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Royals Community mobile app

Cory 06-05-2014 08:15 AM

Why do they refuse the Mass?If they are not Catholics anymore they should recognize it.

I hope the future Royal couple will attent anyway a Mass on the morning of that day.

ANNIE_S 06-05-2014 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Esmerelda (Post 1672616)
Hopefully we'll be able to follow over the internet!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using The Royals Community mobile app

Thatīs one thing you can take for sure. Every Spanish TV channel will be broadcasting Live also on their web pages, I have any doubt about it ;)

There is almost anything else on the media since last Monday, Iīve never seen such a coverage of the RF events. Not even on F&L wedding.

lula 06-05-2014 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 1672617)
Why do they refuse the Mass?If they are not Catholics anymore they should recognize it.

According to the Spanish Constitution, Spain is a country officially not confessional. Religion is a personal matter, from the Head of State to any normal citizen. Therefore, the proclamation of the new Head of State does not include any formal religious event.

An Ard Ri 06-05-2014 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by principessa (Post 1672611)
Do you think that Letizia's family will attend the ceremony?

I'm sure we will know more over the next few days.

An Ard Ri 06-05-2014 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cory (Post 1672617)

Perhaps there wasn't enough time to organise a Mass and remember the expense of all the invited guests/security at a time when Spain cannot afford such ceremonies.

It seems practical enough just to have a Proclamation Ceremony under such economic circumstances.

ANNIE_S 06-05-2014 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula (Post 1672621)
According to the Spanish Constitution, Spain is a country officially not confessional. Religion is a personal matter, from the Head of State to any normal citizen. Therefore, the proclamation of the new Head of State does not include any formal religious event.

And I think is quite right to do so. As private citizens they can have their religious ceremonies like weddings and Holy Communions or attend masses whenever they want to, but an institutional event like this one shouldnīt be accompanied by a mass, IMO of course.

The proclamation of KJC was during Francoīs dictatorship yet. Spain was a whole different country in many aspects, this being one of them, and we musnīt forget it.