The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Sweden (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/)
-   -   June 6, 2014 - Sweden's National Day (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f22/june-6-2014-swedens-national-day-37013.html)

LadyFinn 06-03-2014 03:32 PM

June 6, 2014 - Sweden's National Day
 
At 10.00 o'clock princess Madeleine and mr Christopher O'Neill open the gates to the Open Palace.
http://www.kungahuset.se/download/18...+juni+2014.pdf

The king and queen attend at the National Day celebrations in Ånge during the day. They arrive to Ånge at 11.00
http://www.ange.se/download/18.2aa7a...or+slutlig.pdf

At 17.55 The Royal Family cortége leaves the Palace via the Outer Courtyard.

At the National Day's concert in Skansen perform Lill Lindfors & Johnel, Medina, Loreen & Ingá-Marét Gaup Juuso, Rickard Söderberg and Darin.
Nationaldagen 2014 Skansen i Stockholm

In the evening, after the celebration in Skansen the Royal Family hosts a reception at the Royal Palace.

partymom74 06-04-2014 03:04 PM

Is there going to be a live feed for when Madeleine and Chris open the gates to the palace on Friday?

LadyFinn 06-04-2014 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partymom74 (Post 1672362)
Is there going to be a live feed for when Madeleine and Chris open the gates to the palace on Friday?

Last year there wasn't when Victoria, Daniel and Estelle opened the gates. Aftonbladet showed just from when the cortege left the Palace in the evening.
SVT will show the concert in the evening.

Addition to the program of the National Day:
Crown princess Victoria and prince Daniel attend at the Citizenship ceremony at Confidencen in Solna
Kalender - Sveriges Kungahus [NS4 version]

LadyFinn 06-05-2014 01:15 PM

The Royal Mews gets ready to the cortege tomorrow. The horses have been at the Mews for many years and the training for the cortege has started in mid-March.
Hovstallet förbereder kortegen inför 6 juni - YouTube

Baron Brockdorf 06-05-2014 02:16 PM

Tv4 will broadcast the opening of the royal palace by Princess Madeleine live tomorrow morning
LIVE: Öppet slott på Nationaldagen - TV4 Play

partymom74 06-05-2014 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf (Post 1672799)
Tv4 will broadcast the opening of the royal palace by Princess Madeleine live tomorrow morning
LIVE: Öppet slott på Nationaldagen - TV4 Play


I read that on TV4 that Leonore is mention being there, but they didn't mention Chris. Has that all change?

LadyFinn 06-05-2014 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by partymom74 (Post 1672816)
I read that on TV4 that Leonore is mention being there, but they didn't mention Chris. Has that all change?

From Aftonbladet 3rd June:
According to Margareta Thorgren (the director of the press department) Princess Leonore will not make any public appearance before the baptism on Sunday.
- The public role will be assumed by Princess Madeleine and Mr. Chris O'Neill, she says.
Silvia i exklusiv intervju: ”Vi talar barn hela dagen” | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

LadyFinn 06-06-2014 12:10 AM

SVT sends the concert from Skansen in the evening, link to the coverage
Nationaldagen 2014 | SVT Play

Baron Brockdorf 06-06-2014 02:56 AM

Expressen and Aftonbladet will also live stream princess Madeleine opening the royal palace of Stockholm
http://www.expressen.se/tv/nyheter/primetime/live/live-tv-folj-hela-nationaldagsfirandet/
http://tv.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/nyhe...1070d239f6d28f

principessa 06-06-2014 03:24 AM

A nice Nationalday-greeting by Princess Estelle:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Baron Brockdorf 06-06-2014 04:33 AM

Princess Leonore was there too!
Nationaldagen live | Nyheter | Expressen
Live 2 | Live | Nyheter | Aftonbladet

principessa 06-06-2014 04:40 AM

What did Princess Madeleine say?

It was such a nice surprise to see Princess Leonore at the arms of her mother. And Christopher! Aww. He seems to be over the moon with his two girls.

KitKat2006 06-06-2014 04:41 AM

I had a feeling that Leonore would be there, too. And I was right. Even though she slept through her first official event she looked so cute in her little national dress. And her parents look happy and proud of their little girl. What a nice little family.

But where is the ... how is it called? ... the hat-thing of the national dress that married women wear? Madeleine is married this year. Or do they just wear this hat-thing in the evening at the concert? I'm a bit confused right now.

LadyFinn 06-06-2014 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KitKat2006 (Post 1673013)
I had a feeling that Leonore would be there, too. And I was right. Even though she slept through her first official event she looked so cute in her little national dress. And her parents look happy and proud of their little girl. What a nice little family.

But where is the ... how is it called? ... the hat-thing of the national dress that married women wear? Madeleine is married this year. Or do they just wear this hat-thing in the evening at the concert? I'm a bit confused right now.

When a woman is married, she should use the headwear. And Madeleine always wears wrong shoes with the national costume. The queen and Victoria wear the right shoes.

An Ard Ri 06-06-2014 06:05 AM

PPE

PPE Agency

Sarahbellar 06-06-2014 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 1673030)
When a woman is married, she should use the headwear. And Madeleine always wears wrong shoes with the national costume. The queen and Victoria wear the right shoes.


If I am remembering correctly, when opening the palace- they don't always wear full costume. Didn't Victoria wear a white dress with a swedish flag necklace? So Madeleine still has time to put the hat on. And didn't Victoria not wear the hat until her second year married? That I could be totally remembering wrong.

Baron Brockdorf 06-06-2014 06:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarahbellar (Post 1673048)
If I am remembering correctly, when opening the palace- they don't always wear full costume. Didn't Victoria wear a white dress with a swedish flag necklace? So Madeleine still has time to put the hat on. And didn't Victoria not wear the hat until her second year married? That I could be totally remembering wrong.

Yes your are right Madeleine is the only one who wears traditional costumes for Opening the royal palace
here she is in 2012
http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam...06/Bild-33.png
the Queen and Victoria never wear traditional clothes for the event...just regular ones
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/18.3...CA+kopiera.jpg
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo...24-300x196.png
http://bloggar.aftonbladet.se/hovblo....-13.40.05.png

ANNIE_S 06-06-2014 08:10 AM

Would someone be so kindly to translate Madeleine´s words when she presents little Leonore? It would be very much apreciated :smile:

Leonore is such a beautiful baby, and both Madeleine and Chris look so happy and proud.

Estelle is as charming as always in her pic :wub:

Frelinghighness 06-06-2014 08:21 AM

:sad:I hope this is not going to be hijacked into a Madeleine vs Victoria weekend

I love it when any of them wear any of the National outfits, especially the gorgeous little girls! What a nice surprise.
Chris and Madde look so smitten and happy to to be back.

NoorMeansLight 06-06-2014 08:33 AM

The little girls look so cute in their national dresses!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises