The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Jordan (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/)
-   -   Princess Badiya bint El Hassan To Marry Khalid Blair (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f83/princess-badiya-bint-el-hassan-to-marry-khalid-blair-3672.html)

mybags 09-21-2004 06:27 PM

Princess Badiya bint El Hassan To Marry Khalid Blair
 
Princess Badiya bint El Hassan of Jordan is engaged as of today to Mr. Khalid Blair.

La la 09-21-2004 06:42 PM

What do we know about the Mr. Khalid Blair? Did he convert to Islam to marry Princess Badiya (as his name indicates)?

bubbles 09-21-2004 07:16 PM

I think he did convert. Congrats to the couple!:)

Humera 09-21-2004 09:11 PM

so do we know how those two met? Is he from a prominent british family?

sksk 09-21-2004 10:44 PM

He's so much taller than her.:D

matesha 09-21-2004 10:58 PM

How do you gals find rania in the engagment pic (her dress:eek: )

shelley 09-22-2004 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
so do we know how those two met? Is he from a prominent british family?

I will do my reserach and post as soon as I can ! But some months ago there was speculation as whether the princesses married for love or was it arranged. Well, I guess this one must be love ! :)

Humera 09-22-2004 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelley
I will do my reserach and post as soon as I can ! But some months ago there was speculation as whether the princesses married for love or was it arranged. Well, I guess this one must be love ! :)

From her bio on Prince Hassan's website, It seems that she spent quite a bit of time in London studying. I wonder if thats how she met her fiance

shelley 09-22-2004 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La la
What do we know about the Mr. Khalid Blair? Did he convert to Islam to marry Princess Badiya (as his name indicates)?

Right...this is what I can find out so far !

Khaled Blair is Edward Blair, but no relation to Tony Blair ( Phew !). He is a barrister like P. Badiya and yes they met at Lincoln's Inn whilst doing their legal studies. Khal/ed/ward first went to Eton School and Bristol University. His father was also a barrister and something called a Q.C. ( I looked that up : it means that he was amongst the barristers who 'are appointed Counsel to the Crown by the Lord Chancellor' which in Britain goes with the the rather funny description of having 'taken silk' which means that they are the guys who go round the high courts in wigs and robes. ) He is 30. I guess in many ways he is an English version of P. Badiya's sisters' husbands in that he comes from what would be called an upper class background, but not aristocrats. Well educated professional men. I wish them both all the best.

Humera 09-22-2004 04:51 PM

thanx for the info shelley
Have they set a wedding date yet?
I went to Prince Hassan's website but couldn't find anything about the engagement

Humera 09-22-2004 07:13 PM

there hasnt been much in the jordanian media about the engagement either.
I hope the wedding will be covered a little better

Akilah 09-22-2004 08:19 PM

What is in the water!!!!!
 
Is it me or does it seem like everyone in jordan is getting married? Khalid/Edward, whatever his name is, seems alittle out of place........uhmmmmmmmmm. At least they appear happy. I wish them the best.

shelley 09-23-2004 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akilah
Is it me or does it seem like everyone in jordan is getting married? Khalid/Edward, whatever his name is, seems alittle out of place........uhmmmmmmmmm. At least they appear happy. I wish them the best.

What's 'in place'......sometimes I wonder !:confused: As you say, they seem happy and obviously want to marry each other for the 'right' reasons. And as I said, if you look at everything else other than him being English, he is very much the same type of man P. Badiya's sisters have married - young, educated , well born professionals.

Banadoora 09-23-2004 05:08 AM

I wonder where they'll be living. England or in Jordan?

Safaa Batin 09-23-2004 01:24 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Amman, Sept. 23 (Petra)-- His Majesty King Abdullah II received
on Thursday Her Royal Highness Princess Badi'ah Bint Al Hassan and
Mr. Khaled Blair.
His Majesty congratulated them on the occasion of their betrothal

which occurred last Tuesday.

matesha 09-23-2004 01:43 PM

????
 
Since KA and his wife travel alot anyway, shouldn't he be attending the 59th session of the General Assembly of United Nations instead of attending weddings and..I know family events are also important but he is the head of a state and should represent "jordan" especially that the middle east region is not that stable...

OH WELL...Maybe attending UN session is not as fun as going abroad for shopping, skiing and so on...:o

almahboubah 09-23-2004 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matesha
Since KA and his wife travel alot anyway, shouldn't he be attending the 59th session of the General Assembly of United Nations instead of attending weddings and..I know family events are also important but he is the head of a state and should represent "jordan" especially that the middle east region is not that stable...

OH WELL...Maybe attending UN session is not as fun as going abroad for shopping, skiing and so on...:o

I'm actually proud of him for attending family engagement parties and weddings. Good for him for not neglecting his extended family! Says a lot about him....

almahboubah 09-23-2004 05:07 PM

Very hectic year for the Royal family. There hasn't been a royal wedding for years and all of a sudden, in the same year 5 (!!!!!!!!!!) weddings- Prince Hamzah's, Prince Ali's, Princess Haya's, Princess Badi'ah's and Farah Al-Daghistani's. I wonder who's next.....or will there be a another long drought?

Bubbette 09-23-2004 05:48 PM

Whoa he is tall! And so British looking! He looks a little like Muna.

cassinio 09-28-2004 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La la
Thanks for the info, Shelley!

You're witty! :D


So he 's changed his name to Khaled but did he also have to get circumsized? :p
Hopefully for them Princess Muna and Queen Noor just dealt with the obligation to change their names.
Sometimes we should also talk about Men Rights lol not just Women 's ones!

SC :rolleyes:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises