The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Royal Family of Portugal (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f201/)
-   -   The Bragança and Saxe Coburg Gotha siblings (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f201/the-bragan-a-and-saxe-coburg-gotha-siblings-36454.html)

TheCuriousPerson 02-07-2014 04:01 PM

The Bragança and Saxe Coburg Gotha siblings

Hello to all!

I would like to start a thread with photos and informations about the Bragança and Saxe Coburg Gotha siblings, the children of Queen Maria II and King Fernando (Ferdinand) II of Portugal.

If there is already a post about this topic can you please inform me?

Thank you!

TheCuriousPerson :smile:

julliette 02-07-2014 06:37 PM

Hello, TheCuriousPerson!

Nice to have another portuguese here ;)

Great idea for a thread. I'm looking forward to read what we'll be shared here.

The only related thread is, I think, this one:
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...nds-15699.html

TheCuriousPerson 02-08-2014 12:20 PM

Hi!

Hello Julliette!

I'm not sure if you already received a message from me because my internet went down...:ohmy:

If you have I apologize for sending you another message.

Thank you for the welcoming wishes. ;)

I will search in the thread you posted so kindly. Later I will add some photos of the siblings. :smile:

TheCuriousPerson 02-08-2014 12:31 PM

Photos

1 Attachment(s)
This photo is from the Royal Collection Trust. Only Pedro is missing in the photo.
From left to right: Fernando, Antónia, Luís (with the top hat), Maria Ana, Augusto and João.
They all looked so serious. But they seem adorable. :smile:
The "photo" (daguerreotype) was taken in 1854.

TheCuriousPerson 02-08-2014 12:37 PM

Photos

1 Attachment(s)
King Pedro V, the Beloved or the Hopeful.

He was a very cultured young man, very fond of his brothers and sisters. And always alerting brother Lipipi (that is how they treated little Luís) of his rather naughty behaviour.

Blog Real 02-08-2014 08:23 PM

I loved the pictures

Blog Real 02-08-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCuriousPerson (Post 1639619)
This photo is from the Royal Collection Trust. Only Pedro is missing in the photo.
From left to right: Fernando, Antónia, Luís (with the top hat), Maria Ana, Augusto and João.
They all looked so serious. But they seem adorable. :smile:
The "photo" (daguerreotype) was taken in 1854.

There are still descendants of d. Maria II?

fearghas 02-09-2014 02:40 AM

The Romanian and Saxon Royal families for starters are descendants through her daughhters

Stefan 02-09-2014 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fearghas (Post 1639756)
The Romanian and Saxon Royal families for starters are descendants through her daughhters

Through Saxony also the Habsburgs, the descendants of Emperor Karl I. and his brother and also the Palatin line and the Princely Family of Hohenzollern again and through the Hohenzollern Prince Leopold of Bavaria and his brother Prince Adalbert.

TheCuriousPerson 02-09-2014 09:10 AM

Thank you for all the replies. ;)

Yes, fortunately there are still descendants from Queen Maria II and King Fernando II of Portugal.

King Manuel II had no children (though he married with the beautiful Princess Augusta Victoria, grand-daughter of Princess Antónia of Bragança and Saxe Coburg Gotha, later Princess Hohenzollern Sigmaringen through marriage by Prince Leopold Hohenzollern Sigmaringen).

But as it has been said here, the remaining descendants belong to the Hohenzollern Sigmaringen line and Romanian (since Aontónia's eldest son became King of Romania), as well as their Saxon cousins, the descendants of Princess Maria Ana of Bragança (Antónia's sister) who married Georg of Saxony.

Both princesses were already living outside of Portugal when King Pedro and his brothers (except Luís) became ill and died. :(

TheCuriousPerson 02-09-2014 09:15 AM

Photos

1 Attachment(s)
This is one of my favourite photos of Pedro and Luís. It belongs to the Royal Collections.
Luís is standing and Pedro is seated. Very handsome boys. :smile:

julliette 02-09-2014 02:00 PM

Nice to see the thread "growing" with pics and information about their descendants.

BTW, TheCuriousPerson, did you send me a message? I didn't receive it.

TheCuriousPerson 02-09-2014 05:05 PM

Hi Julliette,

Yes, I sent you a message before the one posted here but I see now that you didn't receive it because my internet went down when I clicked to send. But what I meant to tell you is in the message posted above. :smile:

TheCuriousPerson 02-10-2014 06:08 PM

Princess Maria Ana

Does anyone have photos of Princess Maria Ana of Bragança? She married Prince Georg of Saxony.

I've only seen about 3 photos which are commonly available online. Does anyone have more to show? When she was a child and when she was already married? Perhaps with her chilldren?

:flowers:

TheCuriousPerson 02-11-2014 04:27 PM

Pedro

1 Attachment(s)
No one willing to share more photos?

Today I leave this one. It also belongs to the Royal Collection of HM Queen Elizabeth II.

It is King Pedro during his trip through Europe in 1854.

TheCuriousPerson 02-13-2014 06:18 PM

Oh...

It seems no one is interested in this thread. :( It's a pity.

Blog Real 02-13-2014 07:44 PM

I'm interested. I've seen lots of pictures on the internet I can share here.

Where do you get these pictures?

fearghas 02-14-2014 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheCuriousPerson (Post 1640843)
It seems no one is interested in this thread. :( It's a pity.

interested but don't have anything to add to ir

TheCuriousPerson 02-14-2014 01:04 PM

Blog Real, I wrote with each picture where I took them from. It was from the Royal Collection of HM Queen Elizabeth II, which is available online.

I'm glad to know that there are people interested after all. :smile::flowers:

TheCuriousPerson 02-14-2014 01:13 PM

Prince Fernando

1 Attachment(s)
Prince Fernando of Bragança and Saxe Coburg Gotha. He died of typhoid fever as his brothers, King Pedro V and Prince João.

This photo I don't remember where I took it from. I should have written...:sad: