The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   Belgian Introduction Visit to the UK; 13 March (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/belgian-introduction-visit-to-the-uk-13-march-36296.html)

Marengo 01-11-2014 07:37 AM

Belgian Introduction Visit to the UK; 13 March

The King and Queen of the Belgians will pay an introduction visit to the UK on March 13th 2014:

Koning Filip start reeks kennismakingsbezoeken - Blauw Bloed

Dman 03-07-2014 04:34 PM

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 29m
The King and Queen of the Belgians are to be received by Queen Elizabeth at Buckingham Palace on 13th March.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 28m
They are making an ‘introductory visit’ which will be the first time the Belgian King & Queen have met Queen Elizabeth since acceding.

Marika86 03-13-2014 09:31 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde at their arrival in London.

♔ Rick Evers ‏@Rick_Evers Koning Filip en koningin Mathilde van België met vertraging in Londen gearriveerd voor bezoek aan o.a. de Queen. pic.twitter.com/0JQFAQTxNj

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde during the visit at the Parliament

Wim Dehandschutter ‏@WDehandschutter Filip en Mathilde in The Houses of Parliament in Londen. Zo meteen naar Buckingham Palace voor lunch met de Queen. pic.twitter.com/KiLNis6AM3

Place Royale ‏@RTLPlaceRoyale La Reine Elizabeth II a reçu le Roi Philippe et la Reine Mathilde à l'occasion de la visite officielle au Royaume-Uni pic.twitter.com/Cxmptzh3Cv

Place Royale ‏@RTLPlaceRoyale Entre Reines ... on s'embrasse ! pic.twitter.com/4LfL9TbYNI

iceflower 03-13-2014 10:13 AM

Here are some more pics of today's visit:

Nice to also see the Gloucesters and the Duke of Kent!

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** gettyimages ** belga gallery ** apa/picturedesk **

** lesoir.be gallery: Visite du couple royal à Londres ** facetoface **

** lavenir.net gallery: Philippe et Mathilde ont dîné avec la reine Elisabeth II **

** nieuwsblad.be video: Filip en Mathilde groeten graf van onbekende soldaat in Londen **

** dhnet.be video: Philippe et Mathilde ont déjeuné une heure avec la reine Elisabeth II **

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery: Belgian Royals Meet Queen Elizabeth II On Official Trip To London **

** pp gallery: Philippe de Belgique et Mathilde : Rencontre éclair avec la reine Elizabeth II **

Al_bina 03-13-2014 10:34 AM

The visit seems to be very streamlined.

Lumutqueen 03-13-2014 11:02 AM

I thought we had a thread but I couldn't find it earlier.

These were tweets from earlier that were in the family thread.

BritishMonarchy ‏@BritishMonarchy 13m
The Queen will today receive The King & Queen of the Belgians before hosting a private lunch in Buckingham Palace

UK in Belgium ‏@UKinBelgium 21m
#didyouknow the last time HM The Queen & Duke of Edinburgh visited #Belgium was in July 2007?

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 2m
The Duke and Duchess of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent will also join the Queen at that lunch for King Philippe and Queen Mathilde.

TLLK 03-13-2014 11:09 AM

I wonder what long time monarchs like Elizabeth think when she meets the second or third monarch or ruling prince who has ascended the throne during her reign. She likely remembers receiving birth announcements for some of the new monarchs.

Lumutqueen 03-13-2014 11:40 AM

https://twitter.com/RTLPlaceRoyale/s...031170/photo/1
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 3m
RT @RTLPlaceRoyale: Queen Elizabeth II received King Philippe and Queen Mathilde on an official visit to the UK

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 2m
RT @RTLPlaceRoyale: "Between Queens... one Kiss!" https://twitter.com/RTLPlaceRoyale/s...055361/photo/1

roseroyal 03-13-2014 11:47 AM

The queen of Belgium looks so elegant and regal.
Love The two queens kiss photo.

Dman 03-13-2014 11:51 AM

Video:
Belgium's royals King Philippe and Queen Mathilde met British monarch Queen Elizabeth II today at Buckingham Palace in central London.

Home - ITNSource News

You can see The Queen trying to call her corgis back.

Dman 03-13-2014 11:54 AM

Video:
Belgium's royals King Philippe and Queen Mathilde met British monarch Queen Elizabeth II today at Buckingham Palace in central London.

Home - ITNSource News

Also in attendance was TRH The Duke & Duchess of Gloucester and The Duke of Kent. The Queen tried to keep her corgis under control.

Moonmaiden23 03-13-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1648417)
The queen of Belgium looks so elegant and regal.
Love The two queens kiss photo.

I agree. Mathilde looks elegant and beautiful...perfection. And I love the photo with QEII!:whistling:

In the ITN video, how odd that the Duchess of Gloucester curtsied to Mathilde, but not to Philippe?

wartenberg7 03-13-2014 01:25 PM

In the ITN video, how odd that the Duchess of Gloucester curtsied to Mathilde, but not to Philippe?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, but I guess she didn´t do it on purpose. Normally the duchess is very self-assured about protocol.
It´s a pity the sound is so quiet - I didn´t understand anything...

Lumutqueen 03-13-2014 01:26 PM

That is kind of odd, but she seemed to curtsey to Mathilde as an after thought. Perhaps forgetting who they are?

I love how The Queen goes "Now look we've got Richard and Birgitte and (correction) Edward"

Dman 03-13-2014 01:30 PM

I think the Duchess of Gloucester may have curtsied to The King before greeting him as he was walking over but the video didn't show it.

leidi 03-13-2014 01:32 PM

Mathilde looks FLAWLESS, I love her outfit!

Spheno 03-13-2014 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1648448)
I think the Duchess of Gloucester may have curtsied to The King before greeting him as he was walking over but the video didn't show it.

Agree ...........

Lumutqueen 03-13-2014 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1648448)

That doesn't make any sense, seeing as Birgitte was the last to greet Phillipe you're supposed to curtsey/bow upon meeting them else all three would have bowed/curtsied? whilst they were on their way over.

wartenberg7 03-13-2014 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1648446)
That is kind of odd, but she seemed to curtsey to Mathilde as an after thought. Perhaps forgetting who they are?

I love how The Queen goes "Now look we've got Richard and Birgitte and Michael"

Forgetting who they are? Are you serious?:lol:

Yes, I liked the Queen´s informal introduction of the two Dukes and the Duchess, too. But they in their turn seemed to be very formal towards Philippe and Mathilde. Did the Dukes say "Your Majesty" when they shook hands?
There was not much to hear, but what I heard from the D o Gloucester´s voice reminded me a lot of his father Prince Henry.
I was surprised that the Queen didn´t seem to know that the royal couple went to parliament before cause she said to The King "Oh, you went to parliament!"

Moonmaiden23 03-13-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1648446)

I love how The Queen goes "Now look we've got Richard and Birgitte and Michael"

I caught that too...loved it!:lol:

I can't imagine such a longtime seasoned Royal as the DoG wouldn't know who the King and Queen of the Belgians was. She was presumably there, specifically to greet them with HM.