The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Abdication & Installation 2013 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f281/)
-   -   Belgian Introduction Visit to Italy; 19 February 2014 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f281/belgian-introduction-visit-to-italy-19-february-2014-a-36295.html)

Marengo 01-11-2014 08:35 AM

Belgian Introduction Visit to Italy; 19 February 2014

The King and Queen of the Belgians will pay an introduction visit to Rome on February 19th 2014:

Koning Filip start reeks kennismakingsbezoeken - Blauw Bloed

Marchesina 01-11-2014 09:52 AM

I can't wait!!!!

Marika86 02-17-2014 07:34 AM

Here in Italy we are in the middle of a government crisis. The President of the Republic Giorgio Napolitano has just given a mandate to the Democratic Party leader Matteo Renzi to form a new government.
I don't know if this situation could affect the schedule of the upcoming introductory visit of the King and the Queen.

Marchesina 02-17-2014 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marika86 (Post 1641764)
Here in Italy we are in the middle of a government crisis. The President of the Republic Giorgio Napolitano has just given a mandate to the Democratic Party leader Matteo Renzi to form a new government.
I don't know if this situation could affect the schedule of the upcoming introductory visit of the King and the Queen.

I was thinking about the same. The former PM Letta received King WA and Queen Maxima, it should be Renzi's duty to do so now. Unless now the president of one of the two Chambers will greet them (the honourable Mrs Boldrini or Senator Mr Grasso)

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Royals Community mobile app

Marika86 02-19-2014 07:52 AM

King Philippe and Queen Mathilde in Rome https://twitter.com/vtmroyalty/statu...03245631873024

Belga Picture

Pics and a video from quirinale.it: Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6

Pics of the meeting with the President of the Senate: Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5

iceflower 02-19-2014 09:25 AM

A beautiful Queen in a beautiful city :flowers:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** nieuwsblad.be gallery: Koningin Mathilde geen grijze muis in Armani **

** she.be gallery: Koningin Mathilde blundert in Rome met haar outfit **

** facetoface ** apa/picturedesk gallery ** gettyimages ** ppe gallery **

** rtl.be video: Visite officielle du roi Philippe et de la reine Mathilde en Italie **

** zimbio gallery: The Belgian Royal Family Meet Italian President Of Senate Pietro Grasso **

** lanouvellegazette.be: Philippe et Mathilde sont arrivés à Rome, dernière étape de leur périple dans les pays fondateurs..(photos) **

Marchesina 02-19-2014 11:29 AM

here's a video (is it just me or there's no audio at all?!) from the Presidency of the Republic website.

Quirinale

I wonder if they spoke French or Italian - I assume both the King and the Premier Di Rupo can speak Italian given their Italian roots

Given the unstable situation of the Italian goverment the regent couple wasn't received by the resigned
President of the Council of Ministers (even though as I understood they still had a breef meeting with him) but President Napolitano greet them inside the Quirinale Palace with the current minister of Foreign Affairs, Emma Bonino

Al_bina 02-19-2014 12:14 PM

Given the state of affairs in the Italian government, it is nice to see that President Napolitano received the coupe.

Marchesina 02-19-2014 04:16 PM

nieuws.vtm.be

I don't speak Flemish but from a few words I think Elio Di Rupo answered my previous question: the King actually spoke Italian.
In the first footage you can actually see the resigned Prime Minister Enrico Letta. In another footage (when they're all sitting in chairs) they're with the President of the Senate, Pietro Grasso

Marika86 02-19-2014 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchesina (Post 1642428)
nieuws.vtm.be

I don't speak Flemish but from a few words I think Elio Di Rupo answered my previous question: the King actually spoke Italian.
In the first footage you can actually see the resigned Prime Minister Enrico Letta. In another footage (when they're all sitting in chairs) they're with the President of the Senate, Pietro Grasso

Thanks for the link! It's great to see that also the resigned Prime Minister Enrico Letta met the King and the Queen. :smile:

leidi 02-20-2014 01:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marchesina (Post 1642362)
here's a video (is it just me or there's no audio at all?!) from the Presidency of the Republic website.

Quirinale

I wonder if they spoke French or Italian - I assume both the King and the Premier Di Rupo can speak Italian given their Italian roots

Given the unstable situation of the Italian goverment the regent couple wasn't received by the resigned
President of the Council of Ministers (even though as I understood they still had a breef meeting with him) but President Napolitano greet them inside the Quirinale Palace with the current minister of Foreign Affairs, Emma Bonino

Yes, there is no audio :bang: :sad:

Mathilde looked amazing in Armani, Philippe his usual handsome self :biggrin:

Marika86 02-20-2014 09:57 AM

Another video from yesterday

deredactie.be video: Het journaal 7 - 19/02/14

Marchesina 02-20-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marika86 (Post 1642575)

Philippe's clearly speaking in italian with President Napolitano...such a shame we can't hear it through the cameras noise :(