The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-beatrice-of-york-current-events-15-january-2014-july-2015-a-36225.html)

Mermaid1962 05-28-2015 05:29 PM

Princess Beatrice joins the Queen and the Duke of Edinburgh at a Garden Party. Scroll down past the pics of Princess Michael to see Beatrice.:flowers:

Queen's cousin Princess Michael of Kent wears eyepatch at Buckingham Palace party | Daily Mail Online

Duchessmary 05-29-2015 10:19 AM

The hat Princess Michael is wearing is a riot. Reminds me of an arrow-through-the head. :lol:

Duke of Marmalade 05-30-2015 02:06 PM

Billionaire Joseph Getty marries in Rome with his bride in an unusual dress | Daily Mail Online

Roslyn 05-30-2015 09:10 PM

That looks like a fun wedding.:smile: I love the bride's outfit; it's so much more interesting than most wedding dresses. The guests are wearing some great outfits, too. Definitely an unconventional wedding and that really appeals to me.

I like Beatrice's deep blue mediaeval dress too. I can't help wondering why the press is publishing photos of her with odd expressions on her face at the moment. Surely they must have snapped some where she doesn't look like a startled rabbit.

Lady Nimue 05-30-2015 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 1784685)
I like Beatrice's deep blue mediaeval dress too. I can't help wondering why the press is publishing photos of her with odd expressions on her face at the moment. Surely they must have snapped some where she doesn't look like a startled rabbit.

Ah, showing how much 'like her mother' she is, methinks. :cool: Just this past week there were a series of photos showing Sarah doing the same faces she has been wont to do in the past. So now they show her daughter doing the same.

duchesschicana 05-30-2015 11:39 PM

Seems to me that whoever took the pic wasn't so professional unlike the garden party ones where she looked good. Some of the Paps get right in her face for example here the last few seconds on the video one paparazzi won't stop getting in her face when she clearly trying to leave. So i can why sometimes she has that startled look ,I imagine thats what happens most times.

Roslyn 05-31-2015 12:16 AM

:previous: That really is an appalling way to treat people. Running in front of them and then propping so close and taking a flash photograph. I don't know why they're still allowed to get away with it.

MARG 05-31-2015 12:32 AM

Good lord that is awful. Now I know why VIP's I have previously thought rude for wearing sunglasses indoors or at night are forced to do so.

It looked like Beatrice was with a bodyguard rather than Dave and it also looks like he lost his cool after they had managed to cross the road.

And people say she could lead an "ordinary" life. :bang:

bertie5252003 05-31-2015 01:25 AM

I thought she looked lovely at the wedding ... her hat was the least outlandish IMO

Lady Nimue 05-31-2015 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchesschicana (Post 1784718)
Seems to me that whoever took the pic wasn't so professional unlike the garden party ones where she looked good. Some of the Paps get right in her face for example here the last few seconds on the video one paparazzi won't stop getting in her face when she clearly trying to leave. So i can why sometimes she has that startled look ,I imagine thats what happens most times.

These are not single-click cameras they are using. :cool: The cameras whirr rapid-fire, clicking images one after another in split-seconds. The photographers/editors then look at their cache and make the decision what images to run. Their choices are very calculated, not at all random or sloppy. An unflattering picture is not chosen because - darn - it's the only one snapped. :rolleyes:

For every 'startled' picture of Beatrice, there were likely many that were perfectly normal. I am not going to judge that particular sequence, but generally there are 'agreements' (informal) as to where the paps will be located. Go that route and one will get snapped. There are ways to avoid the crush, though it can be fun, and if you're up for it, why not? Still not judging that sequence. I have no knowledge of it, just saying what can be the context. That particular sequence looked a bit unexpected, and yes, a good reason to wear sunglasses most of the time, if one is in that stratosphere of celebrity. (Actually, the most annoying are the non-professionals with their IPhones. At least with the pros the 'deal' is up-front and known. The other is usually by stealth and most definitely unknown).

MARG 05-31-2015 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Nimue (Post 1784765)
. . . . . I am not going to judge that particular sequence, but generally there are 'agreements' (informal) as to where the paps will be located. Go that route and one will get snapped. There are ways to avoid the crush, though it can be fun, and if you're up for it, why not? Still not judging that sequence.

The last 'agreement' made with the media was the one allowing William to attend University without being tracked on campus. We are not dealing with "Gentlemen of the Press" but rather the paparazzi. I have heard William and Catherine are trying to protect George and Charlotte from the media through the law, but that is hearsay.

However, you imply that Beatrice had a choice. I would have to disagree. Paparazzi routinely stake out the front and back of popular restaurants and clubs and routinely dazzle those that leave via either exit, all in the hope they will get a perfect shot of "Someone who is somebody", and that can be big bucks.

Lady Nimue 05-31-2015 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1784831)
The last 'agreement' made with the media was the one allowing William to attend University without being tracked on campus. We are not dealing with "Gentlemen of the Press" but rather the paparazzi. I have heard William and Catherine are trying to protect George and Charlotte from the media through the law, but that is hearsay.

You mis-understand what I was saying. At an event that many celebs will be attending, the informal agreement is not with the BRF or anyone in particular who is attending. It's simply let known that 'the paps will be at such-and-such' and so it is arranged. Generally, most do 'the walk' because it's fun, understanding that the paps won't be 'elsewhere'. :flowers:

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1784831)
However, you imply that Beatrice had a choice. I would have to disagree. Paparazzi routinely stake out the front and back of popular restaurants and clubs and routinely dazzle those that leave via either exit, all in the hope they will get a perfect shot of "Someone who is somebody", and that can be big bucks.

Your experience is different from mine, then, Marg. I was only speaking from what I know. I most certainly can be wrong. Frankly, my knowledge is limited in this area. I simply shared what I know from my (limited) experience. I do know that there are ways to avoid the paps. It takes some doing but generally the 'out' is possible because hosts/owners want to make it okay for their guests/patrons, both known and unknown. As stated, my experience is limited and what i feel I know may not be generally applicable. :flowers:

Meadow 05-31-2015 11:05 PM

If you don't want to be photographed you can avoid it the key word here is popular clubs and restaurants which Bea would know there are paps hanging around. Funny how few pictures we see of other Royals out and about and I'm sure they do go out. Plenty of celebs manage to avoid being papped and Bea does when it suits her. It was a public wedding of a very rich man of course the paps would be there it would have been no surprise to anyone. I thought the white dress was way too short but was very understated unlike some of the other guests.

duchesschicana 06-01-2015 12:02 PM

via @JamieCollabro may 29
Had a lovely conversation with Princess Beatrice about when we sand for @SarahTheDuchess at Windsor Castle. Beautiful evening/ great cause!

I have no idea which event he is talking about

roseroyal 06-01-2015 12:22 PM

I love Beatrice in the medieval dress. That wedding dress is... well, let's just say I don't like it.
And some of the outfits of the wedding guests are... Oh my...

Osipi 06-01-2015 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1785251)
I love Beatrice in the medieval dress. That wedding dress is... well, let's just say I don't like it.
And some of the outfits of the wedding guests are... Oh my...

I dunno about that wedding dress either. For some reason it reminds me of something Lwaxana Troi, daughter of the Fifth House, holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. (character from Star Trek: The Next Generation) would wear. It does seem to have a "mystical" aura around it. :biggrin:

Lady Nimue 06-01-2015 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1785319)
I dunno about that wedding dress either. For some reason it reminds me of something Lwaxana Troi, daughter of the Fifth House, holder of the Sacred Chalice of Rixx, heir to the Holy Rings of Betazed. (character from Star Trek: The Next Generation) would wear. It does seem to have a "mystical" aura around it. :biggrin:

:lol: That's funny, and so true! (I'm a ST:TNG fan, too. ;) )

MARG 06-02-2015 04:13 AM

Ummm, didn't the Betazoid Wedding Tradition dictate naked as the day you were born? :biggrin:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...ujezb9dqsv.jpg

Perhaps for the Gala the night before?

Osipi 06-02-2015 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1785536)
Ummm, didn't the Betazoid Wedding Tradition dictate naked as the day you were born? :biggrin:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/...ujezb9dqsv.jpg

Perhaps for the Gala the night before?

Oh yah! Forgot about that. Ok.. definitely for the gala the night before or the after party then. :tongue:

Duke of Marmalade 06-03-2015 01:03 PM

Dining out in Mayfair... days after returning from her SIXTEENTH jaunt in seven months: The party continues for Beatrice with lunch at celebrity favourite Scott's | Daily Mail Online