The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-beatrice-of-york-current-events-15-january-2014-july-2015-a-36225.html)

Iluvbertie 10-12-2014 04:03 PM

She may want it but I doubt that the British public would want the disruption that a large formal wedding in the streets would cause.

I suspect St George's for her with no TV coverage other than what we saw for Zara.

Skippyboo 10-12-2014 04:33 PM

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events thread 15: January 2014
 
No way for taxpayers pay for a wedding like William's for Beatrice. Harry probably wouldn't even get that type of wedding either. William got because he is the future King.

It would be similar to Peter's or Zara's wedding. Hopefully without Peter's Hello wedding photo sell out.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Dman 10-12-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1709994)
I read that as well, but I agree it's doubtful.

Still, it does seem as if they've been dating quite long enough to know if they want a more permanent commitment.

Some people might not see any need to marry, but somehow Beatrice doesn't strike me as one of them. I think she probably wants to be married, and will want a huge formal wedding in Westminster Abbey.
(Though, if I were in her position, I'd opt for the beautiful York Minster instead).

I think a wedding at York Minster would be wonderful. The royals, palace, media and public is always in a mood for celebrations like that.

Rudolph 10-12-2014 04:50 PM

William's was the last of the big royal weddings.

Skippyboo 10-12-2014 04:57 PM

Until George's


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

soapstar 10-12-2014 05:47 PM

Beatrice and Dave have been dating for what, 8 years? That doesn't seem so out of the ordinary, when you look at other members of the BRF. William and Kate dated 9 or 10 years before marrying. Mike and Zara dated for about 8 years, Eugenie and Jack have been together almost 5 years and Harry and Chelsy were together 6 years before splitting up. It seems like the younger generation of royals favors longer courtships. Even their friends are waiting. Bea's good friend Holly Branson married her husband after 7 years of dating.

Cynderella 10-12-2014 05:59 PM

I don' t think that she is ready to get married yet. Maybe in 2015, we will hear something from her--or Eugenie!

muriel 10-13-2014 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1710110)
She may want it but I doubt that the British public would want the disruption that a large formal wedding in the streets would cause.

I suspect St George's for her with no TV coverage other than what we saw for Zara.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1710123)
No way for taxpayers pay for a wedding like William's for Beatrice. Harry probably wouldn't even get that type of wedding either. William got because he is the future King.

It would be similar to Peter's or Zara's wedding. Hopefully without Peter's Hello wedding photo sell out.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1710126)
William's was the last of the big royal weddings.

I agree, a bit like Edward, Peter and Zara, the York girls will have "private" weddings, with little "public" fanfare. St George's will probably be the venue, IMO.

Mirabel 10-13-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1710110)
She may want it but I doubt that the British public would want the disruption that a large formal wedding in the streets would cause.

I suspect St George's for her with no TV coverage other than what we saw for Zara.


Why would it disrupt the streets?
William's did, because of the soldiers and the crowds. And it was a public holiday. Beatrice probably wouldn't have that.

But plenty of people get married at Westminster Abbey without some huge disruption, and, as people here have been saying, Beatrice is unlikely to get the media coverage that William did.

muriel 10-13-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1710139)
Beatrice and Dave have been dating for what, 8 years? That doesn't seem so out of the ordinary, when you look at other members of the BRF. William and Kate dated 9 or 10 years before marrying. Mike and Zara dated for about 8 years, Eugenie and Jack have been together almost 5 years and Harry and Chelsy were together 6 years before splitting up. It seems like the younger generation of royals favors longer courtships. Even their friends are waiting. Bea's good friend Holly Branson married her husband after 7 years of dating.

I think they will get married when they are ready, there is no need to rush the situation. Also, I think it is important that Beatrice gets a little further along the path to establishing a career for herself before she gets married.

Skippyboo 10-13-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1710228)
Why would it disrupt the streets?
William's did, because of the soldiers and the crowds. And it was a public holiday. Beatrice probably wouldn't have that.

But plenty of people get married at Westminster Abbey without some huge disruption, and, as people here have been saying, Beatrice is unlikely to get the media coverage that William did.

Even without the carriages and the street liners that William had, you still have to get the senior members of the BRF to and back from the Abbey which would require police escorts and maybe rolling street closure. The Abbey would have to be shut down the day before and bomb searched.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

muriel 10-13-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1710247)
Even without the carriages and the street liners that William had, you still have to get the senior members of the BRF to and back from the Abbey which would require police escorts and maybe rolling street closure. The Abbey would have to be shut down the day before and bomb searched.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

To me, its not just about the disruption on the streets of Westminster. The Abbey, IMO, is used for major royal events, not private family events. Similarly, I just do not think Bea will get a wedding reception at either BP or Windsor. More likely, IMO, to be Frogmore.

Mirabel 10-14-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1710249)
To me, its not just about the disruption on the streets of Westminster. The Abbey, IMO, is used for major royal events, not private family events. Similarly, I just do not think Bea will get a wedding reception at either BP or Windsor. More likely, IMO, to be Frogmore.


Many of the RF have been married in the Abbey; I know Princess Alexandra was, and she was further from the throne than Beatrice.

Princess Margaret was too, and by then she was fifth in line.

So it seems unfair that Beatrice shouldn't marry there,( provided she even would want to, of course). Somehow I think it is what Andrew and Fergie will expect.

Osipi 10-14-2014 08:43 AM

I think if Beatrice desires to be married in Westminster Abbey, it will happen. After all, she is a princess of the royal blood and Westminster Abbey itself is a royal peculiar meaning it is not under the jurisdiction of the diocese but rather of the monarch.

I can't help but think though that from what I've seen of Dave Clark, he's always been in the background of things as far as focus being put on him. They may decide they'd prefer to have a small, private intimate wedding elsewhere. Sarah and Andrew may want to pull out all the stops but when it comes to the wedding, its the bride and groom's day.

I don't know why but when I think of a possible wedding of Beatrice and Dave, Necker Island comes to mind but I really seriously doubt she'll be married anywhere but in the UK.

Dman 10-14-2014 11:23 AM

Martin @CourtierUK · 29s 29 seconds ago
Princess Beatrice held a lunch at Buckingham Palace today for the Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice and its supporters. She’s their patron.

muriel 10-14-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1710503)
Many of the RF have been married in the Abbey; I know Princess Alexandra was, and she was further from the throne than Beatrice.

Princess Margaret was too, and by then she was fifth in line.

So it seems unfair that Beatrice shouldn't marry there,( provided she even would want to, of course).

It is over 50 years since Alexandra and Margaret had weddings at the Abbey. Times change, as do the public's expectations of the BRF.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1710503)
Somehow I think it is what Andrew and Fergie will expect.

That is quite possible, but I am not sure it may mean very much in the real world. :flowers:

roseroyal 10-14-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1710542)
Martin @CourtierUK · 29s 29 seconds ago
Princess Beatrice held a lunch at Buckingham Palace today for the Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice and its supporters. She’s their patron.

Good for her! Hope we get photos!

sndral 10-15-2014 03:56 PM

Not photos of the lunch - rather shopping today
Princess Beatrice steps out wearing trainers and Chloe handbag | Daily Mail Online

Roslyn 10-15-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1711012)

Not sure about those high heeled sneakers :eek:, but, as always, she seems delightfully normal.

roseroyal 10-16-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1711012)

And you know what? It is OK no photos of the lunch- tells me it was about kids, not cameras, as it should be.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises