The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-beatrice-of-york-current-events-15-january-2014-july-2015-a-36225.html)

katemiddy 08-12-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1683056)
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: How busy Bea bagged a very fancy party dress | Mail Online
Well, according to this article the designer of the dress attended the Serpentine party with Beatrice as her 'walker' (whatever that means) which makes me wonder if in exchange for publicity Beatrice may wear and return as many Hollywood types do (indeed the Hollywood types get paid to wear designer's dresses.)
The article does suggest that Beatrice is still working as the designer said Beatrice had to rush over during her lunch hour. I hope so, and I hope she's found a niche that she enjoys.


I heard she is really into fashion and previously interned for a designer , I like that she has her own interests that she is pursuing :cool: good for bea .

Meadow 08-13-2014 01:29 AM

Beatrice has done a lot of internships so far she doesn't seem to have found what she has liked. I know she worked for a store not an actual designer. Those jobs really are for those who WANT to be designers and have gone to fashion school etc you need to be very serious about your work etc something Beatrice really hasn't shown. With Beatrices fashion sense I don't see that happening. Is she still even working? She also is said to have told them she will be far too busy to have Summer holidays but is spending two weeks with the Queen. She has only been there a few months and has had a fair bit of time off during that time not exactly buckling down. I'm sure we will be reading about her doing yet another internship in a few months. Not that she even needs to work she may just be killing time till she get's married. Isn't it about time for more engagement rumours? They have been together what 7 years it's getting a little make or break.

Iluvbertie 08-13-2014 02:18 AM

Beatrice did some work experience while she was doing her university course with Selfridges as a personal shopper.

She then did a number on internships in finance before studying for and passing the exams to get a job in the finance sector but left that after about 8 - 9 months.

Since then she has had a internship at Sony. She hasn't had that much time off at all - a couple of days for Ascot and now a couple of weeks at Balmoral. The rest of the time she has been reported as being away has been on long-weekends, which for Europeans makes going somewhere a bit exotic so much easier than it is for us in Australia.

Also a lot of businesses in the UK actually shut down for a period in August to allow the staff to have their holidays.

We also don't know what the terms of her intership with Sony are and that could include her having days off for 'royal events' - although she didn't go to Trooping the Colour and we were never told why not.

She doesn't really know what she wants to do it seems to me and I suspect this is because she really believed that she would be doing royal duties for her work and as that hasn't panned out at all she is lost with no real direction. Her degree is fine, if that is where her interests truly lie, but if she doesn't want to work in the history area then it is fairly useless.

Unlike her sister Beatrice really wants to do the royal stuff but is being stopped it seems and has to sort herself out.

I don't know what is going on with Beatrice and Dave but I actually don't get a positive vibe from them. I can't put my finger on it but I almost sense they are together because they can't find anyone else but they won't be going any further (now watch the engagement announcement come out tomorrow).

sndral 08-13-2014 02:54 PM

Yes, they make an interesting couple, don't they? He smiles a lot and seems pleasant - almost too pleasant they certainly don't appear to be madly in love, but then neither did William and Catherine in public. Dave has not ruffled any feathers, no big leaks or drama a la Cressida & her crew, so perhaps when Beatrice's biological clock starts ticking they'll marry. If the recent reports that Sarah left Balmoral because Phillip refuses to be in the same place as Sarah are true, then perhaps there's no rush to tie the knot and have to deal w/ that awkwardness. Lately I have been wondering if Eugenie might marry first.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1695010)
...

She then did a number on internships in finance before studying for and passing the exams to get a job in the finance sector but left that after about 8 - 9 months.
...
.

I read that Beatrice took time off from the Finance internship (Cabot Square?)to study for the exams which she needed to pass to retain that job. I never saw any report that she actually took, let alone passed them and since she did not return to a finance job, I assumed she had either not taken them or had failed them as her next announced internship was w/ Sony - do you have a source which verifies that she passed the exams which I missed?

Iluvbertie 08-13-2014 05:08 PM

The timeline for the finance is:

1. She did internships, including the one with Cabot Square, in the finance industry

2. She had to do the studying to get the job - that was reported in the summer of 2012 Princess Beatrice hopes to invest in a career in finance | Mail Online A report on her studying for the exams

3. From late 2012 until mid-2013 she actually worked there. She was working there when she did the trip to Germany and had to be briefed during her lunch breaks etc and had to take 'leave time' to do that trip. Princess Beatrice quietly left finance job and spent weeks enjoying on holiday | Mail Online This is the report, from nearly a year later, that says that she left that job.

The reports were that she couldn't work for them unless she had passed the exams so as she actually did go and work for them, not just intern with them, she had to have passed the exams. Solving the Princess Beatrice conundrum - Macleans.ca This includes the report that she had to pass the exams to actually have the job at Cabot Square.

Like a lot of young people she is having trouble finding out what she wants to do.

From my experience it isn't unusual for young people to go through 5 - 6 jobs before finding their feet.

She is doing an internship - which may or may not be a paid position (we recently had a story here on Sunrise that was reporting on companies being paid by the internee to take them on which makes it more than work experience).

What gets me is that her work area doesn't match up with her degree raising the question about why she did that degree in the first place?

helenbeee 08-15-2014 06:57 PM

I really like Beatrice she appears to be a very grounded down to earth person. It must be difficult to assume a working life in the eyes of media. Eugenie has moved to NY to achieve it and seems to be doing well. I suppose with her partner David working in London means Beatrice would need to get a job in London as well? Such a high public profile brings unwanted attentions to any work place she would be a part of. Internships can be 6 months to a year and theres no guarantee of a permanent position.
I actually dont mind her assuming a public royal role Bea appears to have a genuine interest in philanthropy. Its a shame that she may not be allowed to assume that role.

Queen Camilla 08-15-2014 08:14 PM

I also like Beatrice and think she will be a great asset to the BRF if she is allowed to present them in a public role.

Dman 08-20-2014 09:43 AM

Bea ‏@yorkiebea 45m
Great visit today to Edinburgh and The Royal Hospital for Sick Children. So proud to see their incredible work!
https://twitter.com/yorkiebea/status/502076997745803264

rmay286 08-20-2014 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1696410)
Bea ‏@yorkiebea 45m
Great visit today to Edinburgh and The Royal Hospital for Sick Children. So proud to see their incredible work!
https://twitter.com/yorkiebea/status/502076997745803264

Good for Beatrice! I guess this means she's not on vacation this August...doesn't the family usually go to Spain (Sotogrande)?

roseroyal 08-20-2014 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1696410)
Bea ‏@yorkiebea 45m
Great visit today to Edinburgh and The Royal Hospital for Sick Children. So proud to see their incredible work!
https://twitter.com/yorkiebea/status/502076997745803264

I love it!

Marty91charmed 08-20-2014 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1696459)
I love it!

I think she is doing a faboulous work! It's sad that sometimes is understimated:sad:

Dman 08-20-2014 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1696459)
I love it!

So do I. Beatrice and her sister has gone on to use their royal status and public platform to help others and it's great to see.

julliette 08-20-2014 03:50 PM

More:
Princess Beatrice visits Edinburgh hospital to open state-of-the-art body scanner that will treat children with cancer | Mail Online

suztav 08-20-2014 05:58 PM

Great job, Beatrice!

roseroyal 08-20-2014 08:51 PM

Love the pictures! Love Beatrice's outfit, and more importantly her way of kneeling down, and getting on the child's level.

CyrilVladisla 08-21-2014 08:53 PM

It was interesting to learn that Princess Beatrice was named Royal Patron for the Sick Kids Friends Foundation in 2013. :lucky::lucky::lucky:

iceflower 09-11-2014 07:01 AM

.

Princess Beatrice participated in the annual BGC Global Charity Day at BGC Partners in London today, September 11, 2014.




** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio gallery **

PrincessOfPeace 09-11-2014 08:37 AM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice tried her hand at investment banking in London today.
The daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson joined a slew of celebrities as she brokered deals on the phone for charity.
Beatrice, 26, returned to the annual BGC Charity Day selling shares for a good cause, while commemorating the bank's employees who perished on 9/11.
Princess Beatrice becomes a city trader for the day as she joins Samuel L. Jackson and Stephen Fry at celeb-packed charity event | Mail Online

CyrilVladisla 09-11-2014 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1701489)
.

Princess Beatrice participated in the annual BGC Global Charity Day at BGC Partners in London today, September 11, 2014.




** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio gallery **

I like the pictures of Princess Beatrice on the telephone!!
She would make a wonderful telephone receptionist!

Mirabel 09-11-2014 09:52 PM

Yes, but the comments are very mean.

She can't help her appearance; why keep dwelling on it?

Queen Camilla 09-11-2014 10:02 PM

I think she is pretty.

She had lovely hair. I like her large eyes and her teeth are not crooked just large which does not detract from her pretty face.

SElizabeth 09-11-2014 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1701764)
Yes, but the comments are very mean.

She can't help her appearance; why keep dwelling on it?

People that make mean comments are very unhappy people and can't see the good in anybody even themselves... I think she looks really cute and love the outfit, and she seems so happy and full of life. Jealousy knows no bounds as does love...

roseroyal 09-12-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1701489)
.

Princess Beatrice participated in the annual BGC Global Charity Day at BGC Partners in London today, September 11, 2014.




** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages gallery ** zimbio gallery **

Great photos.

iceflower 09-13-2014 09:55 AM

.

Beatrice attended the Markus Lupfer presentation during London Fashion Week Spring Summer 2015 on September 13, 2014:



** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

roseroyal 09-13-2014 01:39 PM

She really looks good there.

duchesschicana 09-15-2014 08:49 PM

Princess Beatrice Spotted At Sony Pictures Europe
 
Pic here
Princess Beatrice spotted near her job at Sony Pictures Europe: Monday-September 15 2014
Photo belongs to at @yesevan via instagram

iceflower 09-17-2014 03:20 AM

.

Beatrice and Dave were pictured leaving Berners Tavern in London on September 16, 2014.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **


Added:

** dailymail: Princess Beatrice enjoys date night with Dave Clark: Pair hit fashionable London restaurant for romantic outing **

Marty91charmed 09-17-2014 07:14 AM

Beatrice looks sexy! :-D

Mirabel 09-17-2014 03:07 PM

But I think she's been dating Dave Clark for eight years, not six.

CyrilVladisla 09-17-2014 10:18 PM

A www.mydaily.co.uk/2014/04/22 article indicated Dave has been dating Princess Beatrice for seven years.

Osipi 09-17-2014 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CyrilVladisla (Post 1703575)
A www.mydaily.co.uk/2014/04/22 article indicated Dave has been dating Princess Beatrice for seven years.

Whether its been 6, 7 or 8 years, if you look at the relationship, you have to realize that this relationship has lasted quite a bit longer than even some marriages.

I do think that they will eventually marry but they're really not in any kind of a rush to do so just yet.

They will have a happy marriage and have 3 children and be known forevermore as The Dave Clark Five.

(ducks and runs for cover)

Meadow 09-17-2014 10:56 PM

LOL That is funny now I want them to marry and have three kids just for that reason alone. There comes a time in a relationship where it's either sink or swim 7 or 8 years is a very long time to be together. Maybe neither want to get married that isn't unusual these days. Do they live together do we know? I can't ever remember reading that they do. I know Andrew and Sarah did and Edward and Sophie and Wills and Kate but I have never been able to work out if Bea and Dave are or not. I think both sets of parents would love if they got married as would Richard Branson.

Mirabel 09-19-2014 03:21 PM

I don't think so; I always read that Beatrice and Eugenie shared a four-bedroom flat in St. James; (well, Eugenie is living in NYC now so I guess Beatrice is there on her own.)

iceflower 10-10-2014 02:41 AM

.

Beatrice attended a dinner hosted by Sandra Choi, Creative Director of Jimmy Choo, to unveil Jimmy Choo's new VICES collection and installation by British artist Mat Collishaw at One Mayfair in London on October 9.



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** dailymail article **

iceflower 10-11-2014 02:27 AM

.

Beatrice and boyfriend Dave were seen leaving Chiltern Firehouse with friends last night, October 10/11.


** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Roslyn 10-11-2014 02:49 AM

Nice to see Beatrice and Dave out and about again. Thank you, as always, for the photos, iceflower. :flowers:

It is reaching the stage where one does wonder why they are not getting married. They seem to be happy with each other, so why not? Perhaps they can't be bothered. Perhaps they simply don't want to. Perhaps they plan to do so but won't tie the knot till they are ready to have children. Perhaps Dave doesn't want to be the Queen's grandson-in-law. The longer it goes on, the more it intrigues me.

Osipi 10-11-2014 02:56 AM

I think its because they're just not in any kind of a rush. When the time comes and they both decided its the right thing and they perhaps want to start a family, they'll settle down.

I find it refreshing to see couples taking a good, long time to really get to know each other warts and all before jumping into marriage. It really strengthens the chances of the marriage being a success and lasting.

Iluvbertie 10-11-2014 03:26 AM

Both the New Idea and Women's Day in Australia (not that I believe either of these tabloids any more but...) reported that Kate's pregnancy announcement stopped Beatrice from announcing their engagement and that Beatrice was upset about having to delay the announcement - even suggesting that she felt that Kate deliberately made the announcement of the pregnancy to upstage her.


I don't think that was the case at all as I think Beatrice is intelligent enough to realise that she is a minor royal whose engagement announcement would see a day of reports at the time and again around the actual wedding but nothing more.

Dman 10-11-2014 05:24 PM

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark look loved-up at London book launch-
Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark attend the How Google Works book launch - hellomagazine.com

It'll be great to see this couple make it official at some point. I just hope things continue to go good for them. I hold on to hope that that big news will come soon though.

Mirabel 10-12-2014 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1709756)
Both the New Idea and Women's Day in Australia (not that I believe either of these tabloids any more but...) reported that Kate's pregnancy announcement stopped Beatrice from announcing their engagement and that Beatrice was upset about having to delay the announcement - even suggesting that she felt that Kate deliberately made the announcement of the pregnancy to upstage her.



I read that as well, but I agree it's doubtful.

Still, it does seem as if they've been dating quite long enough to know if they want a more permanent commitment.

Some people might not see any need to marry, but somehow Beatrice doesn't strike me as one of them. I think she probably wants to be married, and will want a huge formal wedding in Westminster Abbey.
(Though, if I were in her position, I'd opt for the beautiful York Minster instead).

Iluvbertie 10-12-2014 04:03 PM

She may want it but I doubt that the British public would want the disruption that a large formal wedding in the streets would cause.

I suspect St George's for her with no TV coverage other than what we saw for Zara.

Skippyboo 10-12-2014 04:33 PM

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events thread 15: January 2014
 
No way for taxpayers pay for a wedding like William's for Beatrice. Harry probably wouldn't even get that type of wedding either. William got because he is the future King.

It would be similar to Peter's or Zara's wedding. Hopefully without Peter's Hello wedding photo sell out.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Dman 10-12-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1709994)
I read that as well, but I agree it's doubtful.

Still, it does seem as if they've been dating quite long enough to know if they want a more permanent commitment.

Some people might not see any need to marry, but somehow Beatrice doesn't strike me as one of them. I think she probably wants to be married, and will want a huge formal wedding in Westminster Abbey.
(Though, if I were in her position, I'd opt for the beautiful York Minster instead).

I think a wedding at York Minster would be wonderful. The royals, palace, media and public is always in a mood for celebrations like that.

Rudolph 10-12-2014 04:50 PM

William's was the last of the big royal weddings.

Skippyboo 10-12-2014 04:57 PM

Until George's


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

soapstar 10-12-2014 05:47 PM

Beatrice and Dave have been dating for what, 8 years? That doesn't seem so out of the ordinary, when you look at other members of the BRF. William and Kate dated 9 or 10 years before marrying. Mike and Zara dated for about 8 years, Eugenie and Jack have been together almost 5 years and Harry and Chelsy were together 6 years before splitting up. It seems like the younger generation of royals favors longer courtships. Even their friends are waiting. Bea's good friend Holly Branson married her husband after 7 years of dating.

Cynderella 10-12-2014 05:59 PM

I don' t think that she is ready to get married yet. Maybe in 2015, we will hear something from her--or Eugenie!

muriel 10-13-2014 04:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1710110)
She may want it but I doubt that the British public would want the disruption that a large formal wedding in the streets would cause.

I suspect St George's for her with no TV coverage other than what we saw for Zara.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1710123)
No way for taxpayers pay for a wedding like William's for Beatrice. Harry probably wouldn't even get that type of wedding either. William got because he is the future King.

It would be similar to Peter's or Zara's wedding. Hopefully without Peter's Hello wedding photo sell out.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rudolph (Post 1710126)
William's was the last of the big royal weddings.

I agree, a bit like Edward, Peter and Zara, the York girls will have "private" weddings, with little "public" fanfare. St George's will probably be the venue, IMO.

Mirabel 10-13-2014 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1710110)
She may want it but I doubt that the British public would want the disruption that a large formal wedding in the streets would cause.

I suspect St George's for her with no TV coverage other than what we saw for Zara.


Why would it disrupt the streets?
William's did, because of the soldiers and the crowds. And it was a public holiday. Beatrice probably wouldn't have that.

But plenty of people get married at Westminster Abbey without some huge disruption, and, as people here have been saying, Beatrice is unlikely to get the media coverage that William did.

muriel 10-13-2014 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1710139)
Beatrice and Dave have been dating for what, 8 years? That doesn't seem so out of the ordinary, when you look at other members of the BRF. William and Kate dated 9 or 10 years before marrying. Mike and Zara dated for about 8 years, Eugenie and Jack have been together almost 5 years and Harry and Chelsy were together 6 years before splitting up. It seems like the younger generation of royals favors longer courtships. Even their friends are waiting. Bea's good friend Holly Branson married her husband after 7 years of dating.

I think they will get married when they are ready, there is no need to rush the situation. Also, I think it is important that Beatrice gets a little further along the path to establishing a career for herself before she gets married.

Skippyboo 10-13-2014 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1710228)
Why would it disrupt the streets?
William's did, because of the soldiers and the crowds. And it was a public holiday. Beatrice probably wouldn't have that.

But plenty of people get married at Westminster Abbey without some huge disruption, and, as people here have been saying, Beatrice is unlikely to get the media coverage that William did.

Even without the carriages and the street liners that William had, you still have to get the senior members of the BRF to and back from the Abbey which would require police escorts and maybe rolling street closure. The Abbey would have to be shut down the day before and bomb searched.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

muriel 10-13-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1710247)
Even without the carriages and the street liners that William had, you still have to get the senior members of the BRF to and back from the Abbey which would require police escorts and maybe rolling street closure. The Abbey would have to be shut down the day before and bomb searched.


Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

To me, its not just about the disruption on the streets of Westminster. The Abbey, IMO, is used for major royal events, not private family events. Similarly, I just do not think Bea will get a wedding reception at either BP or Windsor. More likely, IMO, to be Frogmore.

Mirabel 10-14-2014 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1710249)
To me, its not just about the disruption on the streets of Westminster. The Abbey, IMO, is used for major royal events, not private family events. Similarly, I just do not think Bea will get a wedding reception at either BP or Windsor. More likely, IMO, to be Frogmore.


Many of the RF have been married in the Abbey; I know Princess Alexandra was, and she was further from the throne than Beatrice.

Princess Margaret was too, and by then she was fifth in line.

So it seems unfair that Beatrice shouldn't marry there,( provided she even would want to, of course). Somehow I think it is what Andrew and Fergie will expect.

Osipi 10-14-2014 08:43 AM

I think if Beatrice desires to be married in Westminster Abbey, it will happen. After all, she is a princess of the royal blood and Westminster Abbey itself is a royal peculiar meaning it is not under the jurisdiction of the diocese but rather of the monarch.

I can't help but think though that from what I've seen of Dave Clark, he's always been in the background of things as far as focus being put on him. They may decide they'd prefer to have a small, private intimate wedding elsewhere. Sarah and Andrew may want to pull out all the stops but when it comes to the wedding, its the bride and groom's day.

I don't know why but when I think of a possible wedding of Beatrice and Dave, Necker Island comes to mind but I really seriously doubt she'll be married anywhere but in the UK.

Dman 10-14-2014 11:23 AM

Martin @CourtierUK · 29s 29 seconds ago
Princess Beatrice held a lunch at Buckingham Palace today for the Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice and its supporters. She’s their patron.

muriel 10-14-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1710503)
Many of the RF have been married in the Abbey; I know Princess Alexandra was, and she was further from the throne than Beatrice.

Princess Margaret was too, and by then she was fifth in line.

So it seems unfair that Beatrice shouldn't marry there,( provided she even would want to, of course).

It is over 50 years since Alexandra and Margaret had weddings at the Abbey. Times change, as do the public's expectations of the BRF.


Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1710503)
Somehow I think it is what Andrew and Fergie will expect.

That is quite possible, but I am not sure it may mean very much in the real world. :flowers:

roseroyal 10-14-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1710542)
Martin @CourtierUK · 29s 29 seconds ago
Princess Beatrice held a lunch at Buckingham Palace today for the Forget Me Not Children’s Hospice and its supporters. She’s their patron.

Good for her! Hope we get photos!

sndral 10-15-2014 03:56 PM

Not photos of the lunch - rather shopping today
Princess Beatrice steps out wearing trainers and Chloe handbag | Daily Mail Online

Roslyn 10-15-2014 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1711012)

Not sure about those high heeled sneakers :eek:, but, as always, she seems delightfully normal.

roseroyal 10-16-2014 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1711012)

And you know what? It is OK no photos of the lunch- tells me it was about kids, not cameras, as it should be.

Lumutqueen 10-16-2014 04:55 PM

I desperately want that coat and bag!

duchesschicana 10-24-2014 06:54 PM

Princess Beatrice at STRIVE FUN-DRAISER
 
https://hrhprincessbeatriceblog.file...014/10/bea.jpg

Monday-20-2014 Princess Beatrice was at STRIVE FUN-DRAISER held at the Roof Gardens in Kensington, London.

The Strive Challenge raised funds for the Big change charity which Princess Beatrice is founder and trustee of.

@yorkiebea – Thank you to the team @BigChangeBernie for putting together a great event last night to celebrate @strivechallenge

Photo belongs to the Big Change Charitable Trust

iceflower 10-30-2014 05:16 PM

.

Beatrice participated in the Bloomberg Tradebook Charity Day in London today, October 30:



** dailymail: Princess Beatrice takes to the Bloomberg trading floor in chic purple dress.. **


** hellomagazine: Princess Beatrice turns trader for the day to support mother's charity **

AdmirerUS 10-30-2014 06:28 PM

Thanks Iceflower - you do so much for the forums.
I admit, it get a bit critical when the headline tell me that "chic" is to come. I'll make my own decision, thank you.
But she really does look nice. That's a great color on her and the cut and fit are so flattering.

Roslyn 10-30-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1715716)
Thanks Iceflower - you do so much for the forums.
I admit, it get a bit critical when the headline tell me that "chic" is to come. I'll make my own decision, thank you.
But she really does look nice. That's a great color on her and the cut and fit are so flattering.

I don't mind the headline telling me that "chic" is to come, as long as "chic" does in fact follow. She does look nice, but "nice" is more what I think when I see her in that dress, not "elegantly and stylishly fashionable". I'll reserve "chic" for what Angelina Jolie looked like when she had her audience with the Queen recently.

CyrilVladisla 10-30-2014 08:48 PM

It was informative to learn that Children in Crisis was established in 1993.
A very worthy cause!!

miss whirley 10-30-2014 09:01 PM

The Daily Mail is always superfluous with their headlines. Their favorite words "stunning", "puts on display","shows off","sparked controversy" and "dishes about".

Duke of Marmalade 11-02-2014 02:58 AM

Princess Beatrice gives her colleagues a hand as they shoot scenes in London | Daily Mail Online

Iluvbertie 11-02-2014 04:12 AM

Some of those comments are just vicious.

rmay286 11-02-2014 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1716374)
Some of those comments are just vicious.

They always are. Beatrice really can't win. She's usually being accused of not having a job; now she's accused of having a useless job. Never mind that she obviously does a fair amount of charity work in addition to the job (we see photos of her/read news articles of her supporting her charities several times a month these days).

Marty91charmed 11-02-2014 02:53 PM

Ditto with the last posts above! I like her very much and she seems to be working and to do charities works... She shouldn't be oblige since she is far down the line of succession but guess what she sure works more than others!

Roslyn 11-02-2014 03:26 PM

I like her very much, too. She seems a delightful young lady to me. She has a job and she seems to do quite a bit of charity work and has for years. She always has a smile on her face for the cameras and has maintained a long-term relationship with a fellow who also seems very nice. Neither she nor her sister (nor her mother) seem to care very much about fashion but I actually find that rather endearing.

Mirabel 11-02-2014 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 1716515)
Neither she nor her sister (nor her mother) seem to care very much about fashion but I actually find that rather endearing.

I wouldn't say that; I think she does care but has learned not to take the criticisms to heart.

(Now Princess Anne is really someone who doesn't care! Good for her!)

COUNTESS 11-02-2014 07:33 PM

Look, she is a lovely young lady, but the jacket doesn't fit her. She seems to work hard and since by the "job" she is forced to be photographed, if she cares dress better. If like Anne she doesn't care, then don't.

Roslyn 11-02-2014 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1716540)
I wouldn't say that; I think she does care but has learned not to take the criticisms to heart.

(Now Princess Anne is really someone who doesn't care! Good for her!)

OK. Perhaps she cares about fashion, but doesn't care - or doesn't have the ability to determine - whether or not the fashion she likes suits her, or how to combine two or three or more fashionable items to good effect. :smile: Whatever the case, I don't think anyone's going to say she has impeccable dress sense, but that's fine to me and not a flaw.

iceflower 11-13-2014 02:29 AM

.

Beatrice attended a dinner for the label TOUJOURI hosted by Amber Le Bon, Alice Naylor-Leyland and Creative Director Lama El Moatassem in London yesterday, November 12:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

iceflower 11-20-2014 11:50 AM

.

Beatrice and Dave were out at Chiltern Firehouse last night, November 19/20:



** dailymail: What a combination! Princess Beatrice leads the way as a mixed bag of stars.. **

iceflower 11-21-2014 02:18 AM

.

Princess Beatrice attended the Winter Wonderland VIP opening at Hyde Park on November 20:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages**


** dailymail: A right Royal affair: Princess Beatrice enjoys a ride on the teacups... **

roseroyal 11-21-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1722257)
.

Princess Beatrice attended the Winter Wonderland VIP opening at Hyde Park on November 20:



** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** zimbio/gettyimages**

** dailymail: A right Royal affair: Princess Beatrice enjoys a ride on the teacups... **

Loved the pic of Bea on the teacups, but there is no way you would get me on the other ride that goes up in the air!

Marty91charmed 11-21-2014 03:04 PM

Very cute! Sadly I am afraid of teacups :D

roseroyal 11-21-2014 04:05 PM

I love them!

Dman 12-04-2014 02:48 PM

Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
Princess Beatrice will attend York Theatre Royal to learn more about the venue, and its upcoming redevelopment next week.

SElizabeth 12-05-2014 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roseroyal (Post 1722514)
I love them!

You and me both, I love to collect tea cups and tea pots, when are we having a tea party Roseroyal? :flowers::smile::flowers:

Mirabel 12-05-2014 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1725981)
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
Princess Beatrice will attend York Theatre Royal to learn more about the venue, and its upcoming redevelopment next week.

I read that Beatrice actually volunteered to be their patron (they hadn't asked for one) and they were delighted.
It's nice that she has ties to York.

roseroyal 12-05-2014 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1725981)
Royal Central @RoyalCentral · 4h 4 hours ago
Princess Beatrice will attend York Theatre Royal to learn more about the venue, and its upcoming redevelopment next week.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SElizabeth (Post 1726223)
You and me both, I love to collect tea cups and tea pots, when are we having a tea party Roseroyal? :flowers::smile::flowers:

First- I wonder if actor Robert Hardy will be there. He was at one time a patron of YTR- don't know if he still is! It would be awesome if B became patron of the Herriot Center.
@ SE- We were talking about the teacup ride at Disney! LOL!

4Pam 12-06-2014 07:28 PM

Wasn't sure where to post this as it's not a current event.

Sony Hack Reveals Princess Beatrice's Salary - The Hollywood Reporter

Mermaid1962 12-07-2014 10:42 PM

:previous: It's unfortunate that this information got out. Salaries are kept confidential for a reason: to prevent hard feelings among employees.:ermm:

MARG 12-08-2014 05:14 AM

In this life there are no boundaries, no lines in the sand, nothing is private and anything they can find out by illegal means will be published. I guess that's one step better than just plain making it up . . . no, it's not. Either one is vile. :bang:

Osipi 12-08-2014 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1727206)
In this life there are no boundaries, no lines in the sand, nothing is private and anything they can find out by illegal means will be published. I guess that's one step better than just plain making it up . . . no, it's not. Either one is vile. :bang:

Makes me think that although we've advanced in leaps and bounds in technology, we've not advanced that much as a civilization. Sad.

sndral 12-08-2014 03:31 PM

Princess Beatrice Salary Revealed In Sony Hack - Business Insider
Another story same info., interesting only because rather than Princess Beatrice's photo they have posted a picture of Princess Eugenie.

helenbeee 12-08-2014 03:55 PM

We've become a society of "witch hunters" online public commenting, liking unliking and sharing has become our tools for burning the hunted.

If Beatrice works shes burnt if she doesnt work shes burnt.
As the gap between rich and poor becomes wider the general public becomes more dissatisfied and resentful lashing out where they can.

It makes me sad that this young woman should bear the brunt of the uglier side of our society. The focussing on the negative aspect of her life not the positive things that she does.

Young people today are highly critical of others are less tolerant of imperfection and prepared to hurt for the sake of their rights to say what they want.

They no longer offer seats to elderly on the train, they cant handle advice or the offer of an alternate view.

They have grown up in the anonymous world of the web where they can spew forth from the safety of their bedrooms with little consideration of the damage they do.

I have just read the comments that went with that article this is what saddens me the pure hate and resentment of this poor girls position. Resenting her privledge but never actually acknowledging the difficulty that comes with it.

This hack is just media fodder theres not even a story in it. She has been employed at a reasonable rate that pays her for the work that she does. So what? If she did no work they would be calling her a lazy freeloader and if she does work they are saying shes taking work off someone else.

What is she supposed to do?

cepe 12-08-2014 04:15 PM

:previous: Hacking is illegal. Why is it acceptable for the media to print information obtained illegally?

MARG 12-08-2014 11:38 PM

:previous: Because the perpetrators have released far more dangerous information illegally obtained without being hunted down and dealt with. 'There are more important "crimes" out there' than being hacked it seems, so royalty and celebrity are, and will remain, targets of opportunity.

Basically there seems to be an almost total breakdown of the rules of a civilised world and making the 'olds' stand in the bus is but the least of it. It seems we have bred a generation of amoral borderline sociopaths who recognise few boundaries. Not to mention media hacks who don't even bother to check their work before publishing.

Jacknch 12-09-2014 09:40 AM

I agree with much that has been said here about the hacking of such sensitive and ultimately private information. The problem with today's world is that technology is advancing and changing at a quicker pace than laws, rules, customs and morals can cope with and it is a case of anything goes.
I don't want to generalise, but I think Marg has hit the nail on the head in that we have in our midst a generation of people who have absolutely no sense whatsoever of proportion or of anything outside the periphery of their own little worlds. Recently a young woman working at my partners firm on contract refused an offer to be made permanent because she had a better offer elsewhere - fair enough, good for her. But two months later when she decided she didn't like her new job and preferred her original one, she phoned up to ask for her old job back and then was shocked to to be refused - as if the world should have waited upon her whims!
Back to the topic, I hope that Princess Beatrice sticks with her job and makes as much of a career from it as she can.

SElizabeth 12-09-2014 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1727542)
:previous: Because the perpetrators have released far more dangerous information illegally obtained without being hunted down and dealt with. 'There are more important "crimes" out there' than being hacked it seems, so royalty and celebrity are, and will remain, targets of opportunity.

Basically there seems to be an almost total breakdown of the rules of a civilised world and making the 'olds' stand in the bus is but the least of it. It seems we have bred a generation of amoral borderline sociopaths who recognise few boundaries. Not to mention media hacks who don't even bother to check their work before publishing.

Marg, your assessment of what is happening is right on target. When I see some of these celebs doing instant pictures of themselves it makes me cringe as to why they would even do that for they are inviting the nasty people of the world into their own private place which they shouldn't do. This is inviting trouble because now there are no rules or laws to live by, it's almost like this is a free society and everything and anything goes. Where is the decency and morals of today's youth, there just isn't any and parents aren't teaching their children what is right and what is wrong in the way of living a decent life...........

Lumutqueen 12-09-2014 02:45 PM

Royal visitor to York theatre (From York Press)

roseroyal 12-09-2014 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1727780)

I love that picture!
Would love to see the play!
EDIT- Just saw " Queen Victoria" LOL!

duchesschicana 12-09-2014 09:01 PM

Princess Beatrice at YMS Christmas Carol Concert 2014
 
Quote:

Great #Xmas #Concert tonight in @YorkChurch. Really lovely to welcome our patron @yorkiebea who came to see us! Hope to see you again soon- York Musical Society https://twitter.com/yms_uk/status/542451155180064770
sadly no pics yet

Zonk 12-10-2014 12:16 AM

Please note that posts regarding the identity of those who hacked the Sony website have been deleted. While I understand the context, its not necessary to go down the slippery slope of who is responsible.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Osipi 12-10-2014 01:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk (Post 1728018)
Please note that posts regarding the identity of those who hacked the Sony website have been deleted. While I understand the context, its not necessary to go down the slippery slope of who is responsible.

Zonk
British Forums Moderator

Thanks Zonk. The important thing is that Beatrice was not the target.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019
Jelsoft Enterprises