The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-beatrice-of-york-current-events-15-january-2014-july-2015-a-36225.html)

Dman 04-18-2014 02:36 PM

Having a splashing time! Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark have fun in the Caribbean sun in St Bart's-
Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave Clark have fun in the Caribbean sun in St Bart's | Mail Online

Mirabel 04-21-2014 09:15 PM

These holidays of Beatrice's are very ill-advised; they give the impression that she is frivolous, callous, and arrogant.
Just when she and her sister were getting some decent press for once, she does this and places herself in a bad light.

Roslyn 04-21-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1656010)
:previous: I actually liked that outfit with the hat!

:lol: So did I!

Fürstin Taxis 04-21-2014 09:58 PM

At least Eugenie seems a bit more down to earth than Beatrice imo.

Roslyn 04-21-2014 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1659225)
These holidays of Beatrice's are very ill-advised; they give the impression that she is frivolous, callous, and arrogant.
Just when she and her sister were getting some decent press for once, she does this and places herself in a bad light.

I don't think it casts her in a bad light. She's a far distance away from the throne now and it seems she's never going to be conscripted into doing much in the way of royal duties. I don't think it matters that she's holidaying as much as she is.

Beatrice seems to be a pleasant young woman. She isn't seen doing outrageous things and has had one boyfriend for a long time and she can't be held accountable for Dave's occasional lapses of decorum. It must be difficult to have to be on your best behaviour at all times when you are out and about.

Mirabel 04-22-2014 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 1659240)
I don't think it casts her in a bad light. She's a far distance away from the throne now and it seems she's never going to be conscripted into doing much in the way of royal duties. I don't think it matters that she's holidaying as much as she is.

Beatrice seems to be a pleasant young woman. She isn't seen doing outrageous things and has had one boyfriend for a long time and she can't be held accountable for Dave's occasional lapses of decorum. It must be difficult to have to be on your best behaviour at all times when you are out and about.

But then the comments begin about how all the RF are parasites splurging on the taxpayers' money!

It is useless to point out that they are not spending tax money; it's a perception thing.
Beatrice was there just four months ago, and the public sees that as a blatant disregard of the UK's economic troubles and a flaunting of privilege. It might not be fair, but as I said, it's a perception thing.

Lumutqueen 04-22-2014 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1659313)
Beatrice was there just four months ago, and the public sees that as a blatant disregard of the UK's economic troubles and a flaunting of privilege. It might not be fair, but as I said, it's a perception thing.

The public don't give two hoots. You have the DailyMail readership who represent the tiniest of percentage of this countries population, and then you have everyone else. Beatrice doesn't make the BBC headlines, she doesn't make the front page of newspapers, she might make it to page 7 or 8 onwards perhaps.

Yes the UK has X amount of debt, and jobs are being lost because of budget cuts but that is what people have on their mind not Beatrice.

Mirabel 04-22-2014 09:00 AM

Well, you would know better than me, but I can't help thinking that, if I lived in the UK, I would not like to see pictures like this every couple of months.

Pranter 04-22-2014 09:57 AM

Not sure why anyone cares if she takes a vacation....as long as you aren't paying for it it's not any of your business.

LaRae

Dman 04-24-2014 04:10 PM

Spent the afternoon at Bolingbroke academy, discussing dyslexia with these wonderful students, great questions guys! pic.twitter.com/tFmhg23oQb

iceflower 04-25-2014 03:59 PM

:previous:

The following article contains some more pics of Beatrice's visit to Bolingbroke Academy:

** hellomagazine: Princess Beatrice calls her dyslexia 'an opportunity' as she talks with British schoolchildren **

iceflower 04-30-2014 07:05 AM

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark were pictured leaving The Chilton Street Firehouse bar in London yesterday, April 29:

** Pic **

Dman 04-30-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1661717)

Princess Beatrice and Dave Clark were pictured leaving The Chilton Street Firehouse bar in London yesterday, April 29:

** Pic **

It's always good to see Beatrice & Dave out and about.

iceflower 05-14-2014 03:29 AM

Princess Beatrice out and about in London on May 12:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

sndral 05-15-2014 09:11 PM

Photo of party attended by Beatrice.
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: Beatrice crowned queen of tarts and vicars party: Sixth in line to the throne wore an imperial crown to friend's soiree | Mail Online

iceflower 05-18-2014 02:38 AM

Princess Beatrice in Mayfair on May 16, 2014:

** Pic **

carlota 05-20-2014 01:48 PM

i'm really in love with bea's recent wardrobe choices. her stylist is doing a great job. she looks gorgeous. does anyone know what brands she uses? i can't find much info on her favourite designers. as opposed to other princesses, not many blogs seem to cover beatrice.

Roslyn 05-20-2014 06:20 PM

^^ A stylist? You think she has a stylist? :ohmy: That last photo of her makes me think she grabbed the first things she saw that were clean! I don't think either of the York girls knows what a stylist is. And I don't think they necessarily should. People have been making perfectly adequate wardrobe choices for themselves for years without needing a stylist, and there's no reason the York girls can't either. Well, apart from their inherent lack of taste, but that can be overcome if they feel it's important to look stylish, and not everyone does think it's important.

COUNTESS 05-20-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 1666700)
^^ A stylist? You think she has a stylist? :ohmy: That last photo of her makes me think she grabbed the first things she saw that were clean! I don't think either of the York girls knows what a stylist is. And I don't think they necessarily should. People have been making perfectly adequate wardrobe choices for themselves for years without needing a stylist, and there's no reason the York girls can't either. Well, apart from their inherent lack of taste, but that can be overcome if they feel it's important to look stylish, and not everyone does think it's important.

If she has a stylist, she should be shot. You are right about her choice of clothes. Of, these are clean. They have no taste and if she has a stylist they have no taste. Wasted money on clothes that make you look
dumpy and awful, Get a mirror.

LadyCatharine 05-20-2014 08:25 PM

Ugly shoes

Meadow 05-20-2014 10:35 PM

Some people have style and some people don't and Beatrice and Eugenie don't. They has way more misses then hit's. Bea could dress really well she has the money too but she chooses poorly and just because it's black doesn't make it chic which she seems to think. There was an outfit she wore out with Cressida and it was way too old and ill fitting for her.

Dman 05-20-2014 11:35 PM

For some reason the British royals try not to be too fashionable. Their European counterparts usually leave them in the dust when it comes to fashion. I think The Queen prefer her court to follow King George V's idea of dressing older and play down fashion.

Roslyn 05-20-2014 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1666737)
For some reason the British royals try not to be too fashionable. Their European counterparts usually leave them in the dust when it comes to fashion. I think The Queen prefer her court to follow King George V's idea of dressing older and play down fashion.

This outfit must have given her palpitations then. :lol: Though perhaps Sophie's the exception that makes it a rule. Sophie, Countess of Wessex, turns heads with her skin-tight skirt as she attends Easter service at Windsor... That £860 Easter bonnet helped, too! | Mail Online

iceflower 05-23-2014 03:18 AM

Beatrice and Dave out in London on May 22, 2014:

** Pic **

SElizabeth 05-23-2014 09:18 PM

:previous::ohmy:Good grief, what was she thinking? A big *purple bad*, a weird blue jacket with the same rhinestone blouse, idea...maybe she reads this site and does this just to get people's attention.

COUNTESS 05-23-2014 09:24 PM

Neither have any taste nor someone who can tell then they look awful.

Dman 05-23-2014 11:42 PM

Princess Beatrice cuts a stylish figure as she dines out with boyfriend Dave Clark-
Princess Beatrice cuts a stylish figure as she dines out with boyfriend Dave Clark | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dman 05-24-2014 09:18 AM

You guys are talking about to wonderful young ladies that not only enjoy being with their grandparents but also willing to help or support them out whenever possible. Beatrice & Eugenie are the ones that's mostly by The Queen's side on private and palace engagements.

You may not like their style but I think they are lovely young ladies. I support a smaller and effective Monarchy with the attention only on the most senior members of the royal family, but I have to admit that the York girls are proving to be up for the job (If) they're ever called to it.

LadyCatharine 05-24-2014 11:04 AM

She could have at least had a neutral bag and not purple
But purple is the sign of royalty,it was in the Middle Ages

Osipi 05-24-2014 11:17 AM

No matter what happens in the future, the fact remains that Beatrice and Eugenie were born into the British royal family. I really don't see what is the big deal that one of them walked into or out of somewhere as millions of people go into and out of places daily and its no remarkable feat to inspire admiration but we all know that royal "spotting" fills space in newspapers and internet websites. I find it inane that some pap would find it a life calling to lurk around somewhere to watch someone walk out the door. Wouldn't it be amusing if perhaps at least once, a royal lost their lunch all over said inane pap? I think so.

Being part of a family is not a career or a path one strives to attain in life and I don't believe it is any different for the members of the British royal family. There is, however, the family business which some of the family does dedicate themselves to and promote and there's some in the family that have gone on other paths and made their own lives. This is the difference between the royal family and what they, themselves, call The Firm.

I think the major problem with Beatrice and Eugenie right now is that it is hard for many to separate their involvement in the family and their non involvement in the Firm. These are two young ladies (albeit titled, wealthy young ladies) that are exploring their world and finding where they would like their lives to go in the future. It may be a career, marriage and children or even studying the mating habits of the mosquito in remote swamps but the thing is, its their choices to make. Like their choices of clothing, they have the freedom to choose, like the rest of us do, where their lives will take them. Its the senior members of the Firm and the immediate line of succession that really don't have that choice and have their lives pretty much mapped out for them. These will be the ones that will compose the workforce of the Firm in the future. Its not Charles slighting or casting out anyone but more so giving those a way down the totem pole the freedom to choose their own lifestyles.

As a story once told about a conversation between Princess Elizabeth and Princess Margaret on the ascension of their father to King, Margaret asked Elizabeth if this meant that one day she would be Queen. Elizabeth answered "Yes" and Margaret's response was "Poor you".

COUNTESS 05-24-2014 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1667710)
Princess Beatrice cuts a stylish figure as she dines out with boyfriend Dave Clark-
Princess Beatrice cuts a stylish figure as she dines out with boyfriend Dave Clark | Royal | News | Daily Express

Please define stylish figure. She looks ratty. The close are awful. She could be stylish but never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

Mermaid1962 05-24-2014 02:21 PM

Yes, exactly. If there wasn't some desire on the part of HM to have them as part of the visible Royal Family, they wouldn't be there. Also, Princess Beatrice seems to be taking on a few patronages. Princess Eugenie is currently working in New York with a plan to later work in London. They are always pleasant and polite. I can't remember a story of them every being surly toward photographers or anyone else.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1667791)
You guys are talking about to wonderful young ladies that not only enjoy being with their grandparents but also willing to help or support them out whenever possible. Beatrice & Eugenie are the ones that's mostly by The Queen's side on private and palace engagements.

casualfan 05-24-2014 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTESS (Post 1667875)
Please define stylish figure. She looks ratty. The close are awful. She could be stylish but never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

I'm sorry but I just don't see what's terribly wrong with this outfit. It's not great, but it's not horrible IMO, it's just 'eh.' She has worn much, much worse.

Also I don't understand why the fuss about her purple bag. She doesn't always have to match-she wasn't even "on duty."

MARG 05-24-2014 11:02 PM

I never cease to be amazed at the level of pure vitriol poured on both Beatrice and her sister. It is a mystery to me why people feel the need to be so personally nasty.

This is a current events thread and, let's be frank, since they are not full-time working members of the BRF there really isn't a lot of action. However, the media have space to fill, so since William and Catherine are flying well under the radar and Harry is rarely to be seen, it often falls to Beatrice and Eugenie to be the visible face of the younger royals.

In lieu of royal engagements they stalk the girls and flash pictures of them coming and going at various restuarants and clubs like these girls live in eternal night. Common sense would make most people think, "hmm, what do they do during the day?" or more pertinately, what do they do most days and nights. Well they have their charities which they support enthusiastically, their jobs, which we know little about and are not entitled to know more. And then there are the times they are seen with their family, their Grandmother, etc. and for some sick reason, photo's of them with their family evoke vitriolic tirades as to their status, their parentage and let's not forget, their supposed lack of taste and refinement.

Now it get's even wierder. Because they are photographed with their family their clothes come under close scrutiny and, more often than not, do not meet the exacting standards of a select, but vocal, minority. That in and of itself is normal but this fixation bleeds into nasty aspersions about their character, or lack thereof, and ridiculous howls protesting their HRH status and even their title of "Princess". And it's all downhill from there.

Would it really be too hard to cease the character assassinations and stick to the thread?

Could their clothing be the latest posts in the fashion threads?

As to their appearance with their grandparents at Ascot, etc. could that not be discussed on the appropriate threads?

Elly C 05-25-2014 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angela (Post 1667780)
It's probably because her and Eugenie tend to show up at the nice, easy and fun royal events like Chelsea flower show, Ascot, garden parties etc. In between times there appears to be nothing of much substance going on, just endless nights out and holidays. .... those titles lead to expectations among the public and when people observe their lifestyle it makes the Royal Family look bad IMO.

Yes I think you have hit the nail on the head. :flowers:

sndral 05-25-2014 03:43 PM

I looked at the Duke of York's official website and it still states that Beatrice "works full time in finance," - which I don't believe has been true since she left Cabot Square a year ago. The Sony internship started in January 2014, do these internships usually last longer than 4 months?

Iluvbertie 05-25-2014 05:48 PM

Internships in the UK can last for a lot longer than 4 months - up to 1 year in some cases. I did some research into them earlier this year and multiple years is often the case. I also remember reading about them when Chelsy was undertaking an internship with a law firm in London and again the view was years not months - cheap way of employing people as they don't get paid as much as a full-time employee but they do get skills etc and often get jobs out of it.

Work experience and internships: Internships | Prospects.ac.uk

William and Harry had their 20s to do their own thing and I am suspecting that Beatrice and Eugenie are being given the same thing - their 20s to do their own thing - art and auctions for Eugenie, finance for Beatrice (she may be working in finance at Sony or somewhere else in the company - we weren't told that - only that she was interning there).

While William went from one branch of the military to another it seems that Beatrice isn't allowed to go from one type of career to another to find her feet.

A comparison of what William and Beatrice did after leaving school:

1 gap year
3 years at uni for Beatrice compared to 4 years at uni for William (different courses taking different lengths of time) - Beatrice did two subjects to William's one
1 post-uni break of many months

Ages at end of above - William 23, Beatrice 24

William entered the army to train and then serve before doing some time in the navy and then transferring, through a loophole, to the RAF to do more training and some service

Beatrice has done a course in finance and then worked in finance for 8 - 9 months before taking a break to find another position.

Of course the Beatrice haters think she is a waste of space rather than a typical young woman trying to find her niche. Given the UK job market she can't win either - if she gets a job - she used her connections, wasn't qualified and took a job from someone who needed it more but if she doesn't have a job then she is hoping to be a working royal full-time.

What people forget is that she is a wealthy young woman in her own right - not as wealthy as William and Harry because her mother wasn't given such a huge divorce settlement but she will have been well provided for by her grandmother and great-grandmother through trust funds etc.

There is also a story now in the Express that she has another job in finance -
http://www.express.co.uk/comment/col...nd-Lhasa-Apsos

sndral 05-25-2014 08:35 PM

Thank you for the info. on internships in the UK, and interesting if the Express article is correct and she has found a job in finance.
I must disagree w/ the suggestion that 'she can't win and if she gets a job people will say she used her connections, took it from someone who needs it, etc.' None of the articles I have read about her getting the former job w/ Cabot Square or the internship at Sony have criticized her for these reasons and none have criticized Eugenie for this either. The tabloid press criticize Beatrice for her frequent vacations and late nights, but I've not seen claims that she is using her position to steal a job from some one more in need of one. I don't read the comments the public may post, so perhaps that is the source of this claim, but the press doesn't seem to allege this.

I seem to recall that William has taken a lot of flack for dawdling in regards to commencing royal duties, and Catherine certainly was harshly criticized for not having a proper career and only working for her parents, thus I'm not surprised that people have criticized Beatrice for appearing to prefer vacationing to working. If the finance job rumour is correct that should silence the critics.

My impression is that Peter, Zara, Harry and Eugenie all rather smoothly & quickly entered the work force and thus did not garner the criticism that William and Beatrice have.

Iluvbertie 05-25-2014 08:48 PM

Beatrice will never silence the critics because she is Andrew and Sarah's daughter and thus has to be the one to be picked on as Diana's sons get a pass for simply being her sons.

The comments about her taking the jobs from others doesn't have to come from the media alone - but the views of the general public as expressed through the comments in the media are also valid comments and there have been many there that have expressed opposition to all the younger royals and the way they have got their jobs e.g. how did Eugenie get a green card? how did Beatrice get a job in finance? how did Harry get into Sandhurst given his virtually failure at school etc etc. They are also views of the people not just the elite media.

Not reading the comments means that you aren't getting the views of some of the people - which as an historian I find quite interesting and valid sources for the future historians to come on these issues - just as letters to the editor are valuable sources for the past.

Mirabel 05-25-2014 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1668271)
The tabloid press criticize Beatrice for her frequent vacations and late nights, but I've not seen claims that she is using her position to steal a job from some one more in need of one. I don't read the comments the public may post, so perhaps that is the source of this claim, but the press doesn't seem to allege this.

Well, no. Because I don't think many people believe that Beatrice truly has a job.

What kind of job (or internship, for that matter) allows someone to take time off whenever they feel like it? And go on numerous holidays at the drop of a hat?

Iluvbertie 05-25-2014 09:35 PM

She hasn't actually taken holidays 'at the drop of a hat'. She has gone away to Europe for some weekends - as do many people in Britain.

Her second trip to St Barts was over the Easter long weekend.

The other trips were before she started her internship - back in January.

She actually hasn't had a day away from work - until this past week - since the internship was announced.

Mirabel 05-26-2014 10:19 AM

I seem to recall having this discussion once before; then it turned out that Beatrice had actually given up her job (or internship) months before, but it wasn't in the press and few people knew about it.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be the same situation this time.

Warren 05-26-2014 02:38 PM

Posts having no relevance to the thread topic have been edited or removed.

Warren
British Forums moderator

Al_bina 05-28-2014 10:51 AM

Poppy Delevingne's second wedding in Morocco | Blogs•Spletnik.ru

Please, scroll down to see the photo.

HereditaryPrincess 05-29-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Celebrities love to court friends in high places, and in one of the more peculiar pairings of recent times Princess Beatrice enjoyed a double date on Wednesday with funny man Jimmy Carr.
The two apparent pals dined out at exclusive London restaurant Zuma with their respective other halves.
Beatrice was joined by long term boyfriend David Clark for the meal, while Jimmy was accompanied by his partner Karoline Copping.
Princess Beatrice and Jimmy Carr head out on double date in London | Mail Online

iceflower 06-05-2014 02:34 AM

On June 3, Beatrice and Dave dined at La Petite Maison in Mayfair:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dailymail article: Princess Beatrice is sophisticated in black and white...**

Yesterday, June 4, she was pictured leaving the Roka restaurant in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

sndral 06-10-2014 03:42 PM

Young scholars in East Ham meet Princess Beatrice - News - Newham Recorder

Tiggersk8 06-10-2014 09:31 PM

Wondeful to see The Big Change sponsoring/funding programs like the Franklin Scholars. Sounds like a fantastic idea and a win win for all.

BTW...Beatrice visited a school a few months ago where she spoke to a class of kids w/Dyslexia about her own struggles w/it and there was a fantastic quote of hers about how they all have "magic brains" and because of that, have to learn in a different way from everyone else. I was telling a friend who is a Special Education Teacher about what Beatrice said and how that quote should be up in every Special Ed room & not only did she agree w/me, but she wants the quote. Only, I can't seem to find links to any articles from that event. When I tried Googling it, all that came up were articles on her Fashion. Mostly even now were about *that* hat from the Wedding.

Could someone help me out and point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!!

Osipi 06-10-2014 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tiggersk8 (Post 1674978)
Wondeful to see The Big Change sponsoring/funding programs like the Franklin Scholars. Sounds like a fantastic idea and a win win for all.

BTW...Beatrice visited a school a few months ago where she spoke to a class of kids w/Dyslexia about her own struggles w/it and there was a fantastic quote of hers about how they all have "magic brains" and because of that, have to learn in a different way from everyone else. I was telling a friend who is a Special Education Teacher about what Beatrice said and how that quote should be up in every Special Ed room & not only did she agree w/me, but she wants the quote. Only, I can't seem to find links to any articles from that event. When I tried Googling it, all that came up were articles on her Fashion. Mostly even now were about *that* hat from the Wedding.

Could someone help me out and point me in the right direction? Thanks in advance!!

Here you go!

""Dyslexia is not a pigeonhole to say you can’t do anything. It is an opportunity and a possibility to learn differently. You have magical brains, they just process differently. Don’t feel like you should be held back by it," she told the youngsters."

Princess Beatrice discusses her dyslexia with British schoolchildren - hellomagazine.com

Tiggersk8 06-10-2014 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1674980)
Here you go!

""Dyslexia is not a pigeonhole to say you can’t do anything. It is an opportunity and a possibility to learn differently. You have magical brains, they just process differently. Don’t feel like you should be held back by it," she told the youngsters."

Princess Beatrice discusses her dyslexia with British schoolchildren - hellomagazine.com

Both I and my friend Lydia thank you!! :)

sndral 06-15-2014 10:34 PM

I was quite surprised to not see Beatrice at Trooping. I assume she'll show up at Ascot. This article reports that she'll be visiting the Isle of Wight 6/16
Isle of Wight: Princess Beatrice to visit the Isle of Wight
According to this she hasn't been spotted at Sony since January
Princess Beatrice Of York Takes On More Royal Duties; Has She Left Her Internship? : The Eye : Fashion & Style

roseroyal 06-15-2014 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1676598)
I was quite surprised to not see Beatrice at Trooping. I assume she'll show up at Ascot. This article reports that she'll be visiting the Isle of Wight 6/16
Isle of Wight: Princess Beatrice to visit the Isle of Wight
According to this she hasn't been spotted at Sony since January
Princess Beatrice Of York Takes On More Royal Duties; Has She Left Her Internship? : The Eye : Fashion & Style

Looking forward to this.
I hope Beatrice will visit Forget me not Child hospice in Yorkshire soon- and maybe bring " Siegfried" along!:biggrin:

dbarn67 06-16-2014 04:03 PM

Princess Beatrice visits the Isle of Wright today.

Isle of Wight: Princess visits the Isle of Wight

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...0/853/kse3.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...0/853/kse3.jpg

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/128...0/840/7hmm.jpg

iceflower 06-16-2014 04:34 PM

Here are some more pics of Beatrice's visit today:

** rex gallery ** islandecho.co.uk: PRINCESS VISITS ISLAND CONNECTIONS **

SElizabeth 06-16-2014 04:48 PM

:smile:Princess B looked really sharp in her trench coat today. I loved the color on her, and the style is so chic.............very nice Princess B, very nice indeed! Keep it up...............

Pranter 06-16-2014 06:31 PM

Not a fan of the style of coat...makes her look rather blocky without shape. Love the color!

LaRae

roseroyal 06-16-2014 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1676853)

Here are some more pics of Beatrice's visit today:

** rex gallery ** islandecho.co.uk: PRINCESS VISITS ISLAND CONNECTIONS **

Too bad Robert Hardy resigned from English heritage- he might've been there today!:sad: we can hope he shows up at Bletchley park with Kate on Wednesday .

COUNTESS 06-16-2014 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 1676873)
Not a fan of the style of coat...makes her look rather blocky without shape. Love the color!

LaRae

She looks very nice. Neither she nor her sister are attractive in today's sense. They are heavier than girls their age and seem to have no taste in clothes. That being said, I think she looks fine. Tailored and neat.

Pranter 06-16-2014 09:51 PM

I don't care that they are more curvy, I like it that they aren't stick thin...but they should wear clothes that look the best for their shape and that coat does nothing for her. It makes her look blocky and shapeless.

LaRae

Roslyn 06-16-2014 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 1676911)
I don't care that they are more curvy, I like it that they aren't stick thin...but they should wear clothes that look the best for their shape and that coat does nothing for her. It makes her look blocky and shapeless.
LaRae

I agree. That coat chops her off and leaves the impression of a rectangular block of dark pink with not much of a waist, yet we know she is in fact quite slender at the waist. The coat chops her in half and makes her look much chunkier than she is. I think she'd look much better in a dress like the sundress the other woman is wearing, with its longer, more flowing, skirt and deeper neckline. The two York girls are curvy and I think are suited to the sort of dresses that were fashionable in the late 1940s and 1950s when feminine curves were appreciated and the dresses designed to emphasise them. I think Eugenie looked good in that 50s style black evening dress she wore recently. But even the same deep pink coat - which is a lovely colour - would look better on Beatrice if it was longer, because a more elongated version would give the illusion of a longer, more slender, body underneath, and those extremely high heels she's wearing would accentuate the effect.

USAPolitics 06-17-2014 12:47 AM

Looks like another possible engagement for Princess Beatrice! https://twitter.com/slytherpridee/st...45002462310400

Meadow 06-17-2014 04:58 AM

Love the colour but not the cut of the trench coat it actually makes her look big which she isn't.

Pranter 06-17-2014 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 1676922)
I agree. That coat chops her off and leaves the impression of a rectangular block of dark pink with not much of a waist, yet we know she is in fact quite slender at the waist. The coat chops her in half and makes her look much chunkier than she is. I think she'd look much better in a dress like the sundress the other woman is wearing, with its longer, more flowing, skirt and deeper neckline. The two York girls are curvy and I think are suited to the sort of dresses that were fashionable in the late 1940s and 1950s when feminine curves were appreciated and the dresses designed to emphasise them. I think Eugenie looked good in that 50s style black evening dress she wore recently. But even the same deep pink coat - which is a lovely colour - would look better on Beatrice if it was longer, because a more elongated version would give the illusion of a longer, more slender, body underneath, and those extremely high heels she's wearing would accentuate the effect.

Yep she needs to stick with the timeless classic pieces (more like Kate is doing with some of her Jackie O type dresses) that suit her instead of going with whatever is trendy at the moment.

Eugenie looked amazing in that black dress!

LaRae

USAPolitics 06-18-2014 12:38 PM

A photo from Princess Beatrice's most recent engagement today. Perhaps not the best idea to have HRH arriving via helicopter given her father's reputation; but just an observation, not a criticism.

Princess Beatrice officially opens £9million academy extension in Holbeach | The Voice

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BqaJCnyCcAEt_PM.jpg

Would like to point out that this was The Queen's helicopter. Looks like this may be an "official" engagement as the Lord Lieutenant was there as well. Source

Spheno 06-18-2014 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USAPolitics (Post 1677531)
A photo from Princess Beatrice's most recent engagement today. Perhaps not the best idea to have HRH arriving via helicopter given her father's reputation; but just an observation, not a criticism.

It's an island. She couldn't arrive by train or car.

The Princess was shown the Swiss Cottage and the House.
https://www.facebook.com/osbornehous...91208520137She

duchesschicana 06-18-2014 08:26 PM

They are talking about the event she had earlier today when she visited University Academy Holbeach and Charles Read Academy she used HM helicopter to get there

SElizabeth 06-18-2014 11:43 PM

:smile:She seemed really relaxed today, she looked cute in the coat, I wonder if it was a bit chilly there, as she had a sweater on later when signing the book. She looked interested in what she was doing also. And why was the Queen's Lord Lt there? Does he travel with all royals to their engagements? Is she being graded(perhaps) on how to do these type of engagements and will become a full time royal in the future? She doesn't seem interested in any type of career outside of this.........and I think she would be good at this. She is young and fresh and pretty and personable and seems pleasant, so go for it Princess B.

iceflower 06-19-2014 02:25 AM

Here's another article about yesterday's opening:

** spaldingtoday.co.uk: Princess opens new £9m facility at Holbeach school **

iceflower 06-25-2014 02:51 AM

Princess Beatrice attended Mazi's Summer Party "Mazi Celebrates The Summer And Presents: Eugenie Niarchos - Venyx World A London Presentation" in London yesterday, June 24, and afterwards went out to Chiltern Firehouse.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery **

** express: Leggy lady! Princess Beatrice shows off her pins in LBD at Chiltern Firehouse **

Dman 06-25-2014 12:11 PM

Princess Beatrice cuts an elegant figure in knee-length black dress as she joins Dasha Zhukova at London party-
Princess Beatrice and Dasha Zhukova step out at London party | Mail Online

Princess of Durham 06-25-2014 12:17 PM

I'm guessing this is Beatrice's attempt at appearing "artsy"?????

Roslyn 06-25-2014 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1680261)
Princess Beatrice cuts an elegant figure in knee-length black dress as she joins Dasha Zhukova at London party-
Princess Beatrice and Dasha Zhukova step out at London party | Mail Online

Hmm! Seems the word "knee" has been redefined recently. How is that short skirt "knee-length" and by what stretch of the imagination does Beatrice look "elegant" wearing it?

I quite like the fringed jacket, but I think it should be worn with a figure-hugging blouse and either jeans or nicely cut pants or an a-line skirt underneath it, not a billowy, short, dress like Beatrice is wearing.

Meadow 06-25-2014 11:45 PM

LOL Not sure what dress they are looking at but that is nowhere near her knees. And yes I agree the jacket doesn't go with the outfit. I'm wondering if she has stopped working again.

MARG 06-26-2014 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess of Durham (Post 1680262)
I'm guessing this is Beatrice's attempt at appearing "artsy"?????

Ouch! Just because the fashion critics like what she is wearing does not mean you have to resort to snipey sarcasm about Beatrice herself.

Whether she wants to look artsy, on trend, elegant or even (heaven forfend) Morticia Addams, is entirely her prerogative. We are entitled to disect her style but not her "nature" or her "motives". We know little about either but could guess as well as the Daily Mail, Express, etc. et al.

Personally, I think she pulled together a really good "look" for a private engagement. The dress was very flattering and perfect for her, the jacket really on trend, and her elegant clutch and patent shoes added the perfect finish.

Osipi 06-26-2014 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1680473)
Personally, I think she pulled together a really good "look" for a private engagement. The dress was very flattering and perfect for her, the jacket really on trend, and her elegant clutch and patent shoes added the perfect finish.

She looked pretty good I think. Nothing out of the ordinary and she fit in with the other outfits there. I think she dresses more or less like any young woman her age would.

Shouldn't some of these fashion discussions be in the fashion threads?

Princess of Durham 06-26-2014 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1680473)
Ouch! Just because the fashion critics like what she is wearing does not mean you have to resort to snipey sarcasm about Beatrice herself.

Whether she wants to look artsy, on trend, elegant or even (heaven forfend) Morticia Addams, is entirely her prerogative. We are entitled to disect her style but not her "nature" or her "motives". We know little about either but could guess as well as the Daily Mail, Express, etc. et al.

Well ..... we each have our own opinions. Frequently people attending those type of events try and enter into the fun and appear "artsy". I cannot imagine where you find all the "snipey sarcasm" about Beatrice. I'm glad you like how she dresses, I, however, find most of her attempts a big fail. Her ATTEMPTS .... NOT her character. To each his own!!!!!!:ermm:

kakieanne 06-27-2014 03:04 PM

I think that Beatrice is one member of the BRF that we can get a pretty good idea of her character. She knows when she steps outside her door, that someone will either find fault with what she is wearing or if they can't do that they will complain about her face (which I think is very pretty). But she still goes out with what appears to be a very genuine smile. That takes courage and shows to me that she is a very strong woman. She has also shown in the past that she loves her family very deeply and is very loyal and supportive of them.

She can't be expected to dress like Catherine who has a lot more money and dressers to make sure that she looks perfect. But Beatrice always looks nice and dresses for the occasion...well maybe, except for 'that hat'...but then she showed intelligence, humility and a sense of humour.

COUNTESS 06-27-2014 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakieanne (Post 1681206)
I think that Beatrice is one member of the BRF that we can get a pretty good idea of her character. She knows when she steps outside her door, that someone will either find fault with what she is wearing or if they can't do that they will complain about her face (which I think is very pretty). But she still goes out with what appears to be a very genuine smile. That takes courage and shows to me that she is a very strong woman. She has also shown in the past that she loves her family very deeply and is very loyal and supportive of them.

She can't be expected to dress like Catherine who has a lot more money and dressers to make sure that she looks perfect. But Beatrice always looks nice and dresses for the occasion...well maybe, except for 'that hat'...but then she showed intelligence, humility and a sense of humour.

Beatrice dresses poorly. It has nothing to do with money, there are lots of girls out there who have little money but knows what looks good on them. Criticizing her face is unfair. She looks like the Hanover branch of her family, not her fault. Braces might have helped her teeth. She seems like a nice young woman and that is ,really, all that matters.

LauraS3514 06-27-2014 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTESS (Post 1681209)
Braces might have helped her teeth. She seems like a nice young woman and that is ,really, all that matters.

Princess Beatrice DID wear braces to straighten her teeth - there's a picture from Christmas Day when she was a teen that shows her with braces and her teeth today are perfectly straight. What are prominent are her gums - just like Queen Victoria's (who hated hers and were one reason there are so few pictures of her smiling even after photography improved enough to allow smiles). Beatrice can't do anything about the size of her gums. She also has the Hanoverian prominent eyes - and gets criticized for those too... :whistling:

Iluvbertie 06-27-2014 06:00 PM

Exactly Laura - she has inherited some features from her ancestors that many people seem to feel she should do things about. The one thing she could fix - her teeth - she did have fixed as a teenager.

SElizabeth 06-28-2014 03:04 AM

I have always thought that PB was a very pretty girl, she has a great attitude and that is what counts. She seems like she is sure of herself and has high self confidence and that the most important thing. She does have issues with her clothing choices what of most I don't care for and wonder about, but her body type and face are nothing to be complained about. She is just an attractive young lady trying to find her way in life through this family she was born into and all the media following her through out her life.

duchesschicana 06-28-2014 04:44 AM

Isle Of Wight Transportation

Quote:

Princess Beatrice dodges ferry queues by hitching a lift with the navy: Royal hops aboard HMS Ranger rather than face the crowds
Most people on a day trip to enjoy the picturesque beauty of the Isle of Wight would hop on a ferry.

But when Princess Beatrice paid a visit she avoided the queues and bustle of Portsmouth sea terminal – not to mention a £17.20 return fare – by hitching a ride with the Royal Navy.

The 25-year-old’s decision to hop aboard HMS Ranger, an Archer-class patrol boat, when she travelled to the island last week raised eyebrows, with one resident saying: ‘Why couldn’t she come on the ferry like everyone else?’

It is not known whether Prince Andrew, a former Navy Commander, pulled any strings to help his daughter hitch a lift, but insiders were quick to insist that the boat-ride did not place an additional burden on the taxpayer.
Princess Beatrice dodges ferry queues by hitching a lift with the navy | Mail Online
The HMS Ranger/Royal Navy always trains at Isle Of Wight Cowes, I don’t see How Princess Beatrice could have added any tax burden of any sort to British Civilians, doesn’t make sense. Plus ,the Isle of Wight visit was arranged by a Lord Lieutenant from start to finish that includes arranging transportation for royals. it was a Lord Lieutenant’s choice to have Princess Beatrice transported by the royal navy not her, besides I think a Lord Lieutenant would know what he was doing I don’t think he would add any unnecessary tax burden to civilians . This is the dailymail creating unnecessary drama and not doing their research

iceflower 07-01-2014 01:40 AM

Yesterday, June 30, Beatrice attended the Masterpiece Marie Curie Summer party in partnership with Jaeger LeCoultre and Heather Kerzner at The Royal Hospital Chelsea in London:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery ** demotix ** dailymail article **

duchesschicana 07-01-2014 08:47 PM

Princess Beatrice becomes patron of Berkshire Community Foundation

Quote:

Berkshire Community Foundation is today delighted to announce that HRH Princess Beatrice of York is to become the Patron of Berkshire Community Foundation from 1 July 2014.
HRH Princess Beatrice of York becomes patron of BCF

Iluvbertie 07-01-2014 10:00 PM

Another patronage for Beatrice taking her total to 7 I think:

York Musical Society
York Theatre Royal
The Sick Kids Friends Foundation
Forget Me Not Children's Hospice
Broomwood African Education Foundation
Helen Arkell Dyslexia Centre
Berkshire Community Foundation

She is also:

Ambassador to Teenage Cancer Trust
Global Ambassador for Children in Crisis

And was involved with the Branson kids and other friends in setting up:

The Big Change Charitable Trust

She is certainly building her portfolio of patronages which is a good sign for her as she clearly wants to get involved in these things.

muriel 07-02-2014 11:45 AM

Princess Beatrice arrives at Wimbledon after attending every star-studded event this week | Mail Online

Whilst she may be taking on a few patronages, Beatrice certainly seems to have time to visit all the celebrity parties and events, in the latest designer gear. How much must hse spend on apparel in a year? £100k?

LauraS3514 07-02-2014 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1682847)
Princess Beatrice arrives at Wimbledon after attending every star-studded event this week | Mail Online

Whilst she may be taking on a few patronages, Beatrice certainly seems to have time to visit all the celebrity parties and events, in the latest designer gear. How much must hse spend on apparel in a year? £100k?

Just speculating here ( a no-no I know!) but could the York girls possibly borrow some of their party wear from designers? That could explain why we seldom see any repeats.

Mirabel 07-02-2014 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraS3514 (Post 1682980)
Just speculating here ( a no-no I know!) but could the York girls possibly borrow some of their party wear from designers? That could explain why we seldom see any repeats.

I don't think members of the BRF are allowed to do that; otherwise they'd be accused of shilling for the fashion designer.

Meadow 07-02-2014 08:37 PM

Sounds like Beatrice isn't working at Sony anymore. Going out every night is a bit much for someone if she had a fulltime job. If she borrowed clothes she would get into trouble for getting freebies she does have money, David has money and her father pays for her apartment and probably other expenses.

sndral 07-02-2014 10:38 PM

SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: How busy Bea bagged a very fancy party dress | Mail Online
Well, according to this article the designer of the dress attended the Serpentine party with Beatrice as her 'walker' (whatever that means) which makes me wonder if in exchange for publicity Beatrice may wear and return as many Hollywood types do (indeed the Hollywood types get paid to wear designer's dresses.)
The article does suggest that Beatrice is still working as the designer said Beatrice had to rush over during her lunch hour. I hope so, and I hope she's found a niche that she enjoys.

MARG 07-03-2014 12:28 AM

Don't know whats up with all all the old fogies around here. :hiding:

When coming back from a visit to the country my sister and I found ourselves driving through the city and noticing all the lightly clad young people heading in. These were all pretty normal young people, Varsity students, first jobbers, yuppies and it was a Sunday night. We both laughed at us showing our age because we didn't feel the cold at their age and we didn't head out to clubs, etc. until 9:30 - 10:00pm either. More than that, going to work, etc. the following day wasn't a biggie.

There is an old saying that "youth is wasted on the young" and in some cases I would agree but, when it comes to a social life you had better believe that they utilise it. Their sheer stamina leaves one gasping. They are having a ball and guess what? They aren't even young royals who the DM seems to think are incapable of keeping a job and socialising. Belive it or not that seems to be like thinking one cannot walk and talk at the same time. :rofl:

muriel 07-03-2014 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1683056)
SEBASTIAN SHAKESPEARE: How busy Bea bagged a very fancy party dress | Mail Online
Well, according to this article the designer of the dress attended the Serpentine party with Beatrice as her 'walker' (whatever that means) which makes me wonder if in exchange for publicity Beatrice may wear and return as many Hollywood types do (indeed the Hollywood types get paid to wear designer's dresses.)
The article does suggest that Beatrice is still working as the designer said Beatrice had to rush over during her lunch hour. I hope so, and I hope she's found a niche that she enjoys.

Now that Bea has been acknowledged to be borrowing dresses (if that is true, the article in not entirely clear), she is clearly going down the celeb list. Slippery slope that!

Dman 07-03-2014 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 1683147)
Now that Bea has been acknowledged to be borrowing dresses (if that is true, the article in not entirely clear), she is clearly going down the celeb list. Slippery slope that!

If that's the case, they've been doing for some time now. Must be okay'd by their father, mother and The Queen.

muriel 07-03-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1683150)
If that's the case, they've been doing for some time now. Must be okay'd by their father, mother and The Queen.

I doubt it was okay'd by HM. As far as her parents are concerned, there judgement has not always been the best, when it comes to matters of finance.

Meadow 07-03-2014 08:02 PM

I doubt the Queen would know. There is reason why the Royals aren't supposed to do this sort of thing and it isn't like Beatrice doesn't have money to buy her own dresses. All these events haven't been official duties they have been private parties etc that is a big difference another reason I doubt the Queen would give the ok. Also he wouldn't say if he gave her the dress or it had to be returned after it's been specially fitted to her it's pretty useless to anyone else. Love how since people are questioning if she still is working suddenly she is so busy she had to fit in the fitting in her lunch hour yet she has had quite a bit of time off lately she even managed a few days at Ascot and she was Wimbledon so I must admit I am expecting to see her on some luxury yacht over the Summer.

Dman 07-03-2014 09:31 PM

The Queen knows about her granddaughters wardrobe. She see them on a regular bases and know what they are up to all of the time.

CyrilVladisla 07-03-2014 10:41 PM

I like the fact that Princess Beatrice is a patroness of York Theatre Royal.
The York Theatre Royal homepage mentioned the theatre has one of the largest youth theatre groups in the United Kingdom.
It is fantastic when young people are able to participate in theatre!!

sndral 07-07-2014 09:18 PM

ANOTHER fashion hit for Princess Beatrice at wedding of Prince Amedeo of Belgium | Mail Online
Does anyone recognize the young man that Beatrice is walking with? He appears to be a fellow guest and I would assume they are acquaintances.

Dman 08-11-2014 02:45 PM

British Royals @britishroyals · 1m
Princess Beatrice on the Queen: "Sometimes there are just no words to describe how incredible I think she is. She is my No 1 role model.”

British Royals @britishroyals · 30s
Princess Beatrice on Prince George: “It will be really exciting to see how he grows and what person he becomes.” (Source: The Sun)

Marty91charmed 08-11-2014 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1694521)
British Royals @britishroyals · 1m
Princess Beatrice on the Queen: "Sometimes there are just no words to describe how incredible I think she is. She is my No 1 role model.”

British Royals @britishroyals · 30s
Princess Beatrice on Prince George: “It will be really exciting to see how he grows and what person he becomes.” (Source: The Sun)

when did she say these things?:flowers: