The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/princess-beatrice-of-york-current-events-15-january-2014-july-2015-a-36225.html)

Zonk 01-01-2014 01:34 PM

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events 15: January 2014-July 2015

Princess Beatrice of York 15

Arms of HRH Princess Beatrice of York

commencing January 2014

Part 15, which covers the period July 2011 to December 2013 can be found here http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3-a-31429.html .

Zonk 01-01-2014 08:05 PM

London may have celebrated in style when it welcomed 2014 on Tuesday night, but Princess Beatrice of York was the other side of the world when her beloved city embraced New Year.
That's because The Queen's granddaughter has spent her Christmas celebrations in the French West Indies resort of St.Barts with boyfriend Dave Clark.

COUNTESS 01-01-2014 08:19 PM

She looks like she is having fun.

AdmirerUS 01-01-2014 09:12 PM

This is just my opinion, but this trip is just the kind of thing that hurts Bea in her run for a full time family job. One headline was 'How the other half lives" and showed her boarding a private jet.

Never mind that the owners of that jet were taking it anyway, it just looks looks excessive and out of the reach of normal people.

I'm happy she is having fun. I just think she is blowing her PR angle. Her dad is air miles Andy. No one wants her to become bum a flight Bea.

Dman 01-01-2014 09:34 PM

Looks like Bea & Dave are having some fun in the sun.

Mirabel 01-02-2014 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1630079)
Looks like Bea & Dave are having some fun in the sun.

I'd thought they'd be engaged by now, they have been together almost seven years.

She is still quite young, but after all this time, I would think she'd want a more permanent commitment.

vkrish 01-02-2014 09:11 AM

Like father, like daughter..
Why cant these people just stop associating with these billionaire businessmen? Is it a holiday for them ONLY if it involves the billionaires' ski resorts or yatches or holiday mansions?
I know it is too tempting to resist such "friendly" offers..
But most of these people turn "shady" at one point or other. Some scandal will crop up which will then inevitebly be linked to RF..
Not just PR wise, its not good for them any way... U are different..u have to be careful and content with your "limited' holiday options..Dont crave too much..

PS : I made this post assuming that the couple were invited/allowed on the yatch by Lakshmi Mittal. If they rented it out or something, then its ok. My post stands nullified. I am just against royals seeking favours from businessmen and billionaires. And the York branch stands out with flying colours, that too publicly..

cepe 01-02-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vkrish (Post 1630153)
Like father, like daughter..
Why cant these people just stop associating with these billionaire businessmen? Is it a holiday for them ONLY if it involves the billionaires' ski resorts or yatches or holiday mansions?
I know it is too tempting to resist such "friendly" offers..
But most of these people turn "shady" at one point or other. Some scandal will crop up which will then inevitebly be linked to RF..
Not just PR wise, its not good for them any way... U are different..u have to be careful and content with your "limited' holiday options..Dont crave too much..

PS : I made this post assuming that the couple were invited/allowed on the yatch by Lakshmi Mittal. If they rented it out or something, then its ok. My post stands nullified. I am just against royals seeking favours from businessmen and billionaires. And the York branch stands out with flying colours, that too publicly..

You raise goods points but if Beatrice and Dave get married, then she is going to live in the world of business. Then people will start to say (they don't at the moment surprisingly) he is using their royal connections. The British people in particular need to sort their heads out on this one. She isnt going to be super-rich, neither will the Philips' or Tindells. So they will either have to work, partner will have to work, get sponsorship or whatever but the commercial world will beckon. Other royals in other countries do it, and the British just need to accept it because they also do not want to pay for them.

Lumutqueen 01-02-2014 09:45 AM

Sorry but if your friends invited you on a yacht to escape the horrible british weather after new year, the problem is? The royals run in money circles, the younger generation have that lifestyle, remember those pictures of William and Catherine on a yacht her in a white bikini? I bet that wasn't theirs.

I imagine most of the billionaires in the world would take issue with you saying "most of these people turn "shady". I'd say 1% of the billionaires do, and it's that 1% that make their money in shady ways to begin with.

Nobody has "limited" holiday options, especially the royals. Just because the older generation now choose to stay in country doesn't mean it doesn't cost a fortune for what they do.

Cepe is right, Dave runs in circles with Richard Branson, for all we know it was him who recieved this NY invite and Beatrice is his guest.

sndral 01-02-2014 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1630156)
Sorry but if your friends invited you on a yacht to escape the horrible british weather after new year, the problem is? The royals run in money circles, the younger generation have that lifestyle, remember those pictures of William and Catherine on a yacht her in a white bikini? I bet that wasn't theirs.

I imagine most of the billionaires in the world would take issue with you saying "most of these people turn "shady". I'd say 1% of the billionaires do, and it's that 1% that make their money in shady ways to begin with.

Nobody has "limited" holiday options, especially the royals. Just because the older generation now choose to stay in country doesn't mean it doesn't cost a fortune for what they do.

Cepe is right, Dave runs in circles with Richard Branson, for all we know it was him who recieved this NY invite and Beatrice is his guest.

I was very curious to know what the connection between Lakshmi Mittal (who's actually had some allegations against his business practices surface through the years) and Beatrice could be, he is in his 60's, his children are in their 30's. I couldn't find anything to suggest a longstanding friendship, although he has been pictured w/ the Duke of York, has business ties to Kazakhstan, etc.. From what I've read, Dave's position w/ Virgin is to sell space travel to the very rich, so perhaps it was Dave's business interests that caused them to be on the yacht.
I also wondered if they were in the area as part of a visit to Necker Island (120 miles away) since reportedly @ least Sam, Isabella and Cressida are there for New Years.

MARG 01-02-2014 11:06 PM

I find this snarky attitude to Beatrice's holiday more than a little creepy, mean and downright nasty.

My friend invites me to stay with she and her friends at her family's beautiful holiday home. I am supposed to decline the invitation because I am not in the same pay bracket? I have to decline any and all invitations because I haven't paid for my accomodation (never mind it's a private home or yacht), must fly on a budget flights (even though my friends are flying to the same destination on their private helicopter/jet and have seats to spare, just so I can't be seen by some miserable snark and be accused of freeloading?

Well, that makes no sense to me accept to say that there are a surprising number of mean spirited, jealous and downright vindictive people out there (unfortunately even on this forum) who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. :bang:

Iluvbertie 01-02-2014 11:21 PM

It comes down to the fact that she is seen as snubbing the British people, especially those who are struggling at home in the cold. The Queen and Philip always holiday at home as does Charles, in the winter, and thus they are sharing the cold experience but not the younger generation.

The PR people for the BRF either are useless or the message isn't getting through.

George VI made the comment in 1946/7 on the royal family tour of South Africa that he felt guilty being out of the country and in the warmth of SA while the country was in the depths of winter. He understood the importance of 'good PR' long before PR was seen as important while his descendants have no idea.

It isn't a matter of jealousy or meanness but a matter of stupidity on the part of the BRF - they can't afford to alienate the people and it is things like Beatrice swanning around in the warm sun while the ordinary people at home are cold, and waiting more storms etc are just more grist to the republicans to use against the BRF.

Lumutqueen 01-03-2014 03:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1630265)
It comes down to the fact that she is seen as snubbing the British people, especially those who are struggling at home in the cold.

Who see's her as snubbing the british people except the comments from the Daily Mail?

Iluvbertie 01-03-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1630291)
Who see's her as snubbing the british people except the comments from the Daily Mail?

Quite a few friends of mine for instance who live in the UK.

PR is everything for the BRF - as the negative comments in papers like the DM and The Telegraph - both regarded as pro-monarchy papers - grow it shows that there is an undercurrent of dissatisfaction and the more there are stories like this one the more that dissatisfaction will continue to grow.

The BRF haven't actually grasped the idea that they need PR to be positive and they aren't getting that at the moment with The Queen refusing to take flowers from children at church, Beatrice in the warm climate while Britain freezes, etc etc. They need the goodwill of the public and when they lose that they lose their position. They need to consider PR ALL the time - not just when it suits them but on all occasions and here is the 6th in line to the throne going to a warm climate as soon as possible.

Sadly there are people who simply don't get the importance of the PR side of things - the British people could turn and they have Charles as the next king - a man who only has the support of about 50% of the population so it is very important to have everyone on message - and that means showing some empathy for the average Brit and not swanning around the wealthy playgrounds of the world just because they can.

All celebrities need the PR to be good for them to remain on top and that applies to celebrities like The Queen and her family as much as any other celebrities. And don't go arguing that The Queen isn't a celebrity - she is - no different to any other celebrity - just a different role and type of entertainment but they are only entertainers afterall.

Roslyn 01-03-2014 03:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1630140)
I'd thought they'd be engaged by now, they have been together almost seven years.

She is still quite young, but after all this time, I would think she'd want a more permanent commitment.

Could be that Dave wants a more permanent commitment and she won't make one. Or maybe they have made a permanent commitment to each other and have simply decided not to get married until they agree it's time to have children. We really have no idea, but based on the length of time they have been together and the fact they look so happy and comfortable in each other's company, I am prepared to assume they are in it for the long haul. And as his partner in life, Beatrice is going to have to mix with Dave's business colleagues and associates, and I'm guessing she enjoys it. She seems to be a very amiable young woman and both her mother and father have long histories of mixing socially with business people.

As for Beatrice enjoying a holiday in a nice, warm, sunny place, I find myself unable to fault her or any of the other younger royals for wanting to escape a cold winter since I myself hate the cold. The Queen and Charles seem to enjoy being in cold, wet, places and I wonder whether they would have continued to holiday at home if that weren't the case. I don't think their duty to the British people extends to subjecting themselves to a lifetime of cold, wet, winters.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iluvbertie (Post 1630294)
All celebrities need the PR to be good for them to remain on top and that applies to celebrities like The Queen and her family as much as any other celebrities. And don't go arguing that The Queen isn't a celebrity - she is - no different to any other celebrity - just a different role and type of entertainment but they are only entertainers afterall.

I totally agree with what you say here, but I do think they are entitled to a reasonable amount of holiday time at a venue of their choosing and I think the British people should allow them to do so and it's the people who are being unreasonable if they criticise the royals for having a break somewhere warm and sunny.

muriel 01-03-2014 05:02 AM

Quote:

The BRF haven't actually grasped the idea that they need PR to be positive and they aren't getting that at the moment with The Queen refusing to take flowers from children at church, Beatrice in the warm climate while Britain freezes, etc etc. They need the goodwill of the public and when they lose that they lose their position. They need to consider PR ALL the time - not just when it suits them but on all occasions and here is the 6th in line to the throne going to a warm climate as soon as possible.

I take your point about Beatrice. However, IMO Beatrice is not really considered a senior member of the BRF. She has not been given any royal duties, and it is clear she is expected to develop a career for herself independent of the BRF. The future of the BRF will be focussed on the Wales family, with the other children of the Queen and her cousins playing increasingly supporting roles. The York girls need to look at the Phillips children to see how you can build independent lives, without being accused of leaning on royal connections. If the York girls are not careful, they will just be reduced to being B-list celebs, hanging on to wealthy benefactors.

Quote:

I actually think that the "core" machinery of the BRF is quite PR savvy now - a far cry from where it was in the 1990s when "St Diana" wrecked havoc. We are not aware of the specifics around the recent incident at Sandringham that you refer to. It is highly out of character for the Queen to be ostensibly choosing to go to lunch rather than carry out her duty. My reaction is that there is more to the story than has been revealed.

Elenath 01-03-2014 05:08 AM

We, or the British people far all I care, can't expect Beatrice or any other member of the BRF to try and make everyone happy. That's impossible. There will always be people who complain and mostly about things they would do themselves if they had the chance and the money. Like going on a holiday.
What Beatrice (and her sister) does in her spare time with her own money is no ones business but her own. She doesn't get any "taxpayer money" and has no security wich would have to be payed by the British public. She is a private person who happens to be a member of the BRF.

And the DM is only pro monarchy if it suits them. In most of their articles and all the comments these girls can't do a thing right.

sophie25 01-03-2014 07:15 AM

Just saw a picture of her arriving in America from St. Barts. Apparently she's there for a luxury sking holiday in Aspen. But it's not just her is it? No doubt it won't be long till the Cambridges are away to Mustique with the Middletons before squeezing in a sking holiday before Easter.

casualfan 01-03-2014 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmirerUS (Post 1630071)
This is just my opinion, but this trip is just the kind of thing that hurts Bea in her run for a full time family job. One headline was 'How the other half lives" and showed her boarding a private jet.

Never mind that the owners of that jet were taking it anyway, it just looks looks excessive and out of the reach of normal people.

I'm happy she is having fun. I just think she is blowing her PR angle. Her dad is air miles Andy. No one wants her to become bum a flight Bea.

Is she in line for a full-time family job? Probably not, once her grandmother is gone. I don't think this is a secret--Beatrice and Eugenie have to make their way in the world.

Mirabel 01-03-2014 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1630264)
My friend invites me to stay with she and her friends at her family's beautiful holiday home. I am supposed to decline the invitation because I am not in the same pay bracket? I have to decline any and all invitations because I haven't paid for my accomodation (never mind it's a private home or yacht), must fly on a budget flights (even though my friends are flying to the same destination on their private helicopter/jet and have seats to spare, just so I can't be seen by some miserable snark and be accused of freeloading?

Perhaps it might be wise to consider whether anything is expected in return? Are these friends just being generous or is some sort of payback involved?

If it's considered wrong for the RF to accept gifts of clothing and jewelery, then why doesn't the same apply to holidays?

Beatrice especially is in a difficult position. Many of the comments about her contain the phrase "Just like her mother!" or "Just like her parents!"
This reaction is precisely what hurt Beatrice in the past; she can overcome it with some decent PR, but not when she does things like this.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-holidays.html

According to this, she's had about ten trips in the last twelve months; it does seem rather excessive.

Lumutqueen 01-03-2014 03:03 PM

I count 8 trips, 10 if we're including this years trips yes. Last year, 1 was a wedding in South Africa and a family vacation which IMO don't particularly count. You can't help where your friends choose to get married and everyone goes on a family vacation each year.

She goes on holiday, every member of the royal family does, she's 25 years old. The only people moaning about it are the DM readership who would moan if gold grew from trees.

Beatrice is never going to be a full time royal unless tragedy hits, she cannot give up her title and she doesn't seem to be the kind of person to use and abuse it either while she does have it. I'm sure when she marries, has kids and settles down she'll be taking the annual vacation up to Scotland.

sndral 01-05-2014 07:57 PM

Princess Beatrice's fashion and fitness regime revealed - hellomagazine.com
I don't claim to be a big fan of Princess Beatrice, but I do admire her decision to do something positive fitness wise in reaction to the unflattering bikini photos and to sticking w/ her fitness program through the years.

marine2109 01-07-2014 07:23 AM

Quote:

How Princess Beatrice has worked hard to transform herself from chubby teen to toned royal
Why Princess Beatrice is sporting a new look | Royal | News | Daily Express

Træner: Sådan tabte prinsesse Beatrice sig | Billed Bladet

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...ce-sig&act=url

SElizabeth 01-08-2014 08:30 PM

MARG:Well, that makes no sense to me accept to say that there are a surprising number of mean spirited, jealous and downright vindictive people out there (unfortunately even on this forum) who know the cost of everything and the value of nothing. :bang:

Oh how I agree with you........there are so many darn jealous idiots out there that so wish they where born royal................doesn't anybody get it yet........when we are born we have no choice of who our parents are, no choice in anything even the color of our skin, eyes, hair, how tall we will be, how smart (IQ) we will be and most of all not even if we will be healthy or not.........so get over it............these girls don't get *TAXPAYER MONEY* and neither does their father so let them go through their life their own way. I would not make a good royal for I would bash all who are cruel mean hateful and ugly to me by their comments. I deploy being jealous of anyone who has more then me. Jealousy makes a person look poor in character.

marine2109 01-10-2014 08:36 AM

Quote:

Personal trainer behind Princess Beatrice shape transformation
Personlig tränare bakom prinsessan Beatrice formförvandling | Svensk Damtidning

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...ing%2F&act=url

marine2109 01-13-2014 09:13 AM

Quote:

Strict sports program
Prinzessin Beatrice: Prinzessin Beatrice

Princess Beatrice is not only very sporty - but also very disciplined, as now, their staff has betrayed trainer
Prinzessin Beatrice: Straffes Sportprogramm | GALA.DE

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...9.html&act=url

ladongas 01-16-2014 04:04 PM

Show business!

Princess Beatrice enters showbiz as she takes up an internship at Sony | Mail Online

This is a nice internship for Beatrice, particularly considering her previous bit in the Young Victoria fillm.

sndral 01-17-2014 12:59 AM

Princess Beatrice Lands Cool Internship With Sony Pictures Television

This article reports the same and mentions that the previous job several months ago was Cabot Square Capital.

HereditaryPrincess 01-21-2014 02:41 PM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice left her job at an investment capital firm last summer and has since been travelling the world, often accompanied by her boyfriend Dave Clark.
But now the 25-year-old eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson is back in employment, this time in the world of entertainment, having begun an internship at Sony Pictures Europe.
Based in the company's headquarters in London, the young royal did manage to nip away from her desk this afternoon to grab a quick lunch to go from healthy eatery Whole Foods.
Princess Beatrice grabs takeaway lunch before heading back to Sony internship | Mail Online

marine2109 01-22-2014 07:39 AM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice starts London work placement at Sony
Princess Beatrice starts London work placement at Sony - hellomagazine.com

Meadow 01-22-2014 06:15 PM

It's funny how we are now getting pictures of Beatrice going to work, lunch etc but in her last job there was nothing. Sony certainly is getting a fair bit of publicity out of this and that isn't going to help Beatrice be taken seriously at all. Those sorts of internships are very sought after.

Iluvbertie 01-22-2014 06:36 PM

Maybe this is a reaction to the fact that there were no pictures at her last job leading to many people questioning whether or not she even had a job.

Lumutqueen 01-23-2014 04:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Meadow (Post 1635289)
It's funny how we are now getting pictures of Beatrice going to work, lunch etc but in her last job there was nothing. Sony certainly is getting a fair bit of publicity out of this and that isn't going to help Beatrice be taken seriously at all. Those sorts of internships are very sought after.

Perhaps because where she is now working, is in a place where photographs can be taken. You know, that's something that makes it a little easier to take a picture when you can actually see someone. :whistling:

You complain when we got no picture and you complain when you get a few pictures, maybe Beatrice should start a knitting company from home and publish her monthly out goings and costs and wages on a public forum so we all now what she's up to. :lol:

Meadow 01-23-2014 05:45 AM

Pretty sure there was no tunnel between Beatrices house and her last job. It's only now it's even being said where she worked and that she quit. She starts at Sony an entertainment company and now we get pictures the first day. It is being reported everywhere that she is working there. No secrets this time around and it looks like Sony is more then happy with the free publicity. We talked about never seeing her go to work because we got plenty of pictures of her going out and on holidays and it was awhile before it was even known she had a quit her last job.Lets see if it keeps up or if they stop and if she even continues working.

marine2109 01-25-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Beatrice of York: Big room for 49 years and divorced Lisa Tchenguiz
Beatrice d'York: Grosse ambiance pour les 49 ans et le divorce de Lisa Tchenguiz

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...06%2F1&act=url

marine2109 01-29-2014 09:41 AM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice makes television career
Prinsessan Beatrice gör tv-karriär | Svensk Damtidning

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...iar%2F&act=url

iceflower 01-30-2014 02:25 AM

Beatrice has been pictured leaving the Connaught Hotel in London yesterday, January 29:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Roslyn 01-30-2014 03:52 AM

Gosh! Those last two photos aren't very flattering. She is so thin she looks almost gaunt. :ohmy:

Lumutqueen 01-30-2014 09:26 AM

I don't think there's anything wrong with the photos, she looks thinner in the face than previous but certainly not gaunt. I've seen real "gaunt" on the models at fashion weeks.

rmay286 01-30-2014 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1637098)
I don't think there's anything wrong with the photos, she looks thinner in the face than previous but certainly not gaunt. I've seen real "gaunt" on the models at fashion weeks.

She does look thinner here than normal, though.

Iluvbertie 01-30-2014 03:03 PM

She definitely looks like she has lost more weight.

ladongas 01-30-2014 03:25 PM

She may feel pressured (by herself) to be a size zero now that she is working for Sony Pictures.

Roslyn 01-30-2014 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1637098)

Which is why I said "almost" gaunt.

Dman 02-12-2014 10:47 AM

The other Royal: Princess Beatrice wears a black wrap dress to the National Portrait Gallery charity event attended by the Duchess of Cambridge-
Princess Beatrice wears a black wrap dress to the National Portrait Gallery charity event attended by the Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online

Mirabel 02-12-2014 11:14 AM

Beatrice looks nice but the dress doesn't seem quite right for such a formal event.

Lumutqueen 02-12-2014 11:52 AM

She knew she wasn't going to be the centre of attention and wore an elegant black cocktail dress.

roseroyal 02-12-2014 01:19 PM

I love the dress very elegant. She looks more put together then Catherine. And those heels!

soapstar 02-12-2014 01:25 PM

I don't like the dress at all. It just doesn't flatter her figure. I'm not feeling her hair either, but I love the shoes.

Iluvbertie 02-12-2014 02:43 PM

I think Beatrice looks very nice here - love her hair and style, although the dress could have been a bit longer for the occasion I think. That is how a princess should dress - elegant and understated. Beatrice is getting it right more often than wrong these days. Beatrice will still make errors of course but she is still only 25 and finding her style (seems like she and her sister are starting to realise that single colours without the flounces etc suit them much better than any other style)

Princess of Durham 02-12-2014 03:39 PM

Love the shoes! Beatrice fairly frequently wears dresses that have puffed sleeves, which IMO, should be relegated to those under 10 years of age. I just don't think they are flattering to anyone over that age.

sndral 02-12-2014 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1640471)
She knew she wasn't going to be the centre of attention and wore an elegant black cocktail dress.

Princess Beatrice wears a black wrap dress to the National Portrait Gallery charity event attended by the Duchess of Cambridge | Mail Online
To me it doesn't look elegant, rather it looks a bit frumpy for a black tie event. I can't decide if the dress is so weirdly wrinkled because it is poorly made, is a bad fit for Beatrice, or because she 'wrapped' it wrong. She works hard to maintain her figure, why not chose something more flattering and appropriate for the occasion? When Beatrice gets it right she looks outstanding, for me this one was a big thumbs down.

COUNTESS 02-12-2014 10:24 PM

The shoes are awful. The dress is awful.

HighnessN 02-12-2014 10:41 PM

Bea has worked hard to loose weight and she has succeeded. She looks amazing. Now she just needs to start choosing clothes for her new body. She looks amazing in figure hugging dresses without the extra material. She has an amazing body, she should show it off more, I know I would:whistling::whistling:

Roslyn 02-12-2014 11:06 PM

I thought Beatrice's dress was just fine for this sort of event. "Black Tie" has a very clear meaning for men: dinner suit (tuxedo to Americans). But for women there is a bit more flexibility. This was not a ball and a cocktail dress was quite appropriate dress for women, and this what Beatrice wore. I'm not a fan of the puffed sleeves and I would like to see her in something a bit sleeker around the neckline and shoulders, especially when she's worn her hair down.

Iluvbertie 02-13-2014 01:31 AM

I showed the photos to my colleagues at work today as I thought the outfit looked similar to what my immediate boss at work was wearing and they agreed so I started wondering - had she gone to this function straight from Sony - had time to change her shoes but not her dress so needed a dress that was suitable for work AND for this type of function and she did nail that quite well.

Meadow 02-13-2014 02:07 AM

I don't like the dress to me it is too frumpy and too dowdy for such a young woman. I do love those shoes though.

marine2109 02-18-2014 07:51 AM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice shows off her colourful side in florals at Creative London party

Princess Beatrice shows off her colourful side in florals at Creative London party | Royal | News | Daily Express

Quote:

Bright Beatrice: The Princess of York makes a colourful arrival to the Creative London party

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...don-party.html

Duchessmary 02-18-2014 10:31 AM

The blouse doesn't fit properly, and the skirt looks like she cut up a tablecloth.
:rofl:

roseroyal 02-18-2014 11:31 AM

Love the skirt, but the blouse doesn't go...

Mirabel 02-18-2014 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchessmary (Post 1642104)
The blouse doesn't fit properly, and the skirt looks like she cut up a tablecloth.
:rofl:

That's what I thought too!
Still, at least it wasn't another black outfit. :ermm:

LadyGabrielle 02-18-2014 01:32 PM

This young woman has no fashion sense. I'm surprised that she has no one who could help her look fabulous especially now that she has lost weight. This poor girl needs help.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

LadyGabrielle 02-18-2014 01:32 PM

Just my opinion of course.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Valerie Rose 02-18-2014 01:50 PM

Very pretty outfit :)

Princess of Durham 02-18-2014 02:53 PM

IMO, this would have looked better with a nice, closer fitting sweater. The blouse is ill fitting across the bust line, altogether "too much stuff" above the full skirt. A sleeker fitting top would have been more flattering. I personally do not care for flowered garments but I do know they have been shown recently in many magazines and fashion sites. Beatrice needs someone to help her put more "balance" in her clothes, IMO.

MARG 02-18-2014 04:13 PM

:previous: Gee, and here's me thinking she looked delightful and, unlike almost everybody, having changed to light florals she went with nude stockings and beautiful shoes instead of black tights and boots! :lol:

Roslyn 02-18-2014 04:16 PM

I think it's a pretty outfit and that she looks fine.

I like the blouse with the skirt. It is a pale apricot and there is apricot in the skirt, and the blouse also seems to have coloured buttons and some coloured bits on the collar which may also match the skirt. The only thing I'm not keen on is the purse, which, as far as I can tell, doesn't seem to match anything.

cepe 02-18-2014 04:49 PM

I like it. She looks bright and cheerful and dressing appropriately for her age she's only 25

Meadow 02-18-2014 05:41 PM

I don't think the top goes with the skirt at all and I'm not that keen on the skirt either. I am glad she is in something other then black but she needs to work out what goes with what she is 25 she should by now have her own style and now what works and what doesn't. The top doesn't even fit her properly not sure about those shoes with the outfit either.

Lenora 02-18-2014 06:21 PM

I liked Beatrice's style, it's pretty and clearly suits her. Of course, there is more work to be done, but she has made progresses since her younger years.

casualfan 02-18-2014 08:22 PM

The Creative London outfit was fresh and fashion-forward. Loved her bag!

COUNTESS 02-18-2014 08:32 PM

Beatrice has no style. She needs the help of a good stylist to teach her what looks well and what doesn't work for her. Perhaps, she could use the folks from "What not to Wear". That isn't a joke. She has a fine shape, she either looks messy or strange. If that outfit is "Fashion Forward", I am at a loss. It looks like and old rumpled blouse and a skirt. The shoes are awful, too.

casualfan 02-18-2014 09:15 PM

Princess Beatrice of York Current Events thread 15: January 2014

Quote:

Originally Posted by COUNTESS (Post 1642253)
Beatrice has no style. She needs the help of a good stylist to teach her what looks well and what doesn't work for her. Perhaps, she could use the folks from "What not to Wear". That isn't a joke. She has a fine shape, she either looks messy or strange. If that outfit is "Fashion Forward", I am at a loss. It looks like and old rumpled blouse and a skirt. The shoes are awful, too.

As you well know, fashion and style are largely subjective. That's the most important thing.

In my opinion, it's pretty rich to counsel someone else to go get a stylist if one's name isn't Chanel or Hepburn or Kors or Armani (i.e. tried and tested in the storms of international style).

For many people, pieces don't have to exactly match each other to go well together. Oftentimes, that's really boring.

A lot of times, the basics of fashion are:
- fit: not really a problem here, but she is going for a bohemian look, so the shirt is looser (tho the fit in the collar and wrists lets you know it's fit pretty well). Similarly, the skirt doesn't billow out
- length/proportion: this is actually a pretty good proportion for Beatrice. The boxiness of the shirt makes up for Beatrice's slight upper body, while the shape of the skirt makes her waist look pretty slender. The shoes' thin and curled straps actually elongate the leg, which is important because she isn't super-tall.
- color: works well with her coloring - in fact, the creaminess of the shirt offsets the bright colors of the skirt and prevents the whole thing from being overpowering--it's usually (though not always) best to keep with one focus piece. Her bag, as I mentioned before, is superb! Not matchy-matchy but very cute and picks up a jeweled purple, which I'm always a fan of--more importantly, jewel tones always work great for everyone, I think.

The outfit isn't traditional, but it isn't frumpy either. She's on trend, but more importantly, she's chosen pieces that are classic, too. Is this outfit perfect? No, but it's a sound getup for a night on the town at a charity event geared toward artsy types.

This was not the occasion for pillbox hats and white gloves.

marine2109 02-19-2014 07:52 AM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice enjoys a date night at Mayfair restaurant... where she bumps into singer Ronan Keating
Princess Beatrice enjoys a date night at Mayfair restaurant... where she bumps into Ronan Keating | Mail Online

biboquinhas 02-20-2014 09:06 AM

I love the colourful floral skirt and off-white blouse to the Creative London party... it is modern and very colourfu:flowers:

Mirabel 02-20-2014 09:45 AM

Whether or not you like the outfit, it must be admitted that it doesn't fit her properly.
Look at the way the blouse pulls across the top, it's too tight.

biboquinhas 02-20-2014 10:16 AM

Indeed, it looks colorful and I like the skirt but he doesn't fit her properly especialy the blouse...

marine2109 02-20-2014 10:24 AM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice goes back to black as she enjoys date night… alongside Ronan Keating
Princess Beatrice goes back to black as she enjoys date night

casualfan 02-20-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mirabel (Post 1642602)
Whether or not you like the outfit, it must be admitted that it doesn't fit her properly.
Look at the way the blouse pulls across the top, it's too tight.

This is an interesting point, but I went back to see the pics. In the red carpet, it seems like she really threw her shoulders back, and so the shirt pulled across the chest (slightly, as it wasn't really more than half an inch). The other pics, taken inside the party, are okay because she's not "posing."

marine2109 02-25-2014 09:14 AM

Quote:

Princessbeatrice.org Royal family registers 30 website domains to stop cybersquatters
Princessbeatrice.org Royal family registers 30 website domains to stop cybersquatters | Royal | News | Daily Express

Dman 02-27-2014 02:38 PM

Twitter UK ‏@TwitterUK 3h
A right royal welcome to HRH Princess Beatrice of York, tweeting from @yorkiebea

marine2109 02-28-2014 09:37 AM

Quote:

Princess Beatrice’s Twitter account officially verified
Princess Beatrice's Twitter account officially verified | Royal Central

Quote:

Princess Beatrice of York opens its account on Twitter
La princesa Beatriz de York abre su cuenta en Twitter | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...les%2F&act=url

iceflower 03-07-2014 11:53 AM

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave attended We Day UK, a charity event to bring young people together at Wembley Arena on March 7, 2014. Prince Harry and his girlfriend attended as well.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio ** dailymail article **

marine2109 03-10-2014 10:17 AM

Quote:

Britain's Princess Beatrice arrives for "We Day" event in north west London on March 7, 2014. We Day UK is part of a global youth initiative aimed at inspiring young people into community service.
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...6568226&pos=10

https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pag...6568239&pos=11

Dman 03-10-2014 10:21 AM

It's always good to see Beatrice and Dave. I like that they are still going strong.

duchesschicana 03-13-2014 07:38 PM

HRH Princess Beatrice events so far for 2014

The Court Circular shows on March 7 2014, The Duke Of York was represented by Princess Beatrice of York at the Funeral of the Lady Mary Clayton which was held in the Royal Chapel of All Saints, Windsor Great Park, HM the Queen, Prince Philip, and the Countess of Wessex were also in attendance.
Court Circular

Article

HRH Princess Beatrice of York attends the Karl Lagerfeld European flagship store launch on March 13, 2014 in London, England.
daily article

Pic

in accordance to the Court Circular, HRH Princess Beatrice of York and The Duke of York officially attends a memorial service for Sir David Frost at Westminster Abbey on March 13, 2014 in London, England Sarah, Duchess of York, and TRHs Countess of Wessex, Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall also were in attendance. Around 2,000 guests, paid tribute to the broadcaster, who died last August.

Article

Pic

Court Circular

Lumutqueen 03-14-2014 04:16 AM

The two events listed in the court circular were/are being discussed in the family thread as more than one member of the BRF attended the event.

Iluvbertie 03-14-2014 04:41 AM

Interesting that the Duke of York already has this up in his website while the British monarchy website hasn't updated with the 13th March yet. I hope it does get updated overnight - they are slacking off again having ignored the 10th March this week. It seems that the changes in the public relations/press office or whatever have not made for better communication.

amaryllus 03-17-2014 01:19 PM

I have been curious....The rest of the Queens Grandchildren are very Horsey or at least decent horse people but B&E don't seem to be ....Why would this be?

Lenora 03-17-2014 01:40 PM

Maybe they are just not so fearless.

yvr girl 03-18-2014 12:38 AM

Andrew isn't very horsey either. I'm not sure if I've ever seen him on a horse.

I'm not sure that Eugenie would have been allowed to ride a horse after her surgery. I've seen pictures of Beatrice on a horse when she was younger.

sndral 03-18-2014 01:57 AM

I don't think they ride like Louise whom we know rides with the Queen or like Zara, who lives and breathes riding, but here are photos of them on ponies when they were young.
Princess Beatrice And Princess Eugenie At A Horse Show… News Photo | Getty Images Ireland | 52106085
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

iceflower 03-27-2014 06:05 PM

Princess Beatrice attended the launch of 'Mrs. Alice In Her Palace' hosted by Alice Naylor Leyland at Fortnum & Mason in London on March 27, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

roseroyal 03-27-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1651790)

Princess Beatrice attended the launch of 'Mrs. Alice In Her Palace' hosted by Alice Naylor Leyland at Fortnum & Mason in London on March 27, 2014.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

Sounds like fun to me!

marine2109 03-28-2014 09:10 AM

Quote:

Beatrice of York surrounded London enjoys the glamor of fashion girls
Beatriz de York disfruta del 'glamour' londinense rodeada de las chicas de moda | Realeza | Noticias hola.com

https://translate.google.com.tr/tran...les%2F&act=url

iceflower 04-02-2014 10:51 AM

Princess Beatrice was out in London last night, April 1:

** Pic ** dailymail: Princess Beatrice leaves trendy new eatery Chiltern Firehouse.. **

iceflower 04-10-2014 02:30 AM

Princess Beatrice and boyfriend Dave attended the Sabine G Harlequin Collection launch hosted by jewellery designer Sabine Ghanem and Joseph Getty on April 9.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: He's a gem: Princess Beatrice leaves exclusive jewellery party in short black dress...**

Lumutqueen 04-10-2014 02:52 AM

Does Beatrice know that colours exist? I feel like she's shying away from them because of what the press have said over the years! I tired of all black!

MARG 04-10-2014 03:38 AM

:previous: Kind of makes you long for the good old days where we saw her wear that stunning ensemble topped with the magical butterfly hat. :flowers:

Lumutqueen 04-10-2014 03:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1655995)
:previous: Kind of makes you long for the good old days where we saw her wear that stunning ensemble topped with the magical butterfly hat. :flowers:

I actually liked that outfit, minus the hat. :flowers:

MARG 04-10-2014 04:26 AM

:previous: I actually liked that outfit with the hat!