The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/duke-and-duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-6-january-2014-september-2016-a-36219.html)

Zonk 01-01-2014 11:15 AM

Duke and Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 6: January 2014 - September 2016

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...Armsmedium.jpg

Conjugal Arms of TRH The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread #6

commencing 1 January 2014

The Duke & Duchess of Cambridge current events #5
(covering the period 1 April 2013 - 31 December 2013)
can be found found here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3-a-34717.html.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums.../a%20crown.gif . . . . . . . . . . http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums.../a%20crown.gif

marine2109 01-06-2014 04:58 AM

Prince William and Kate Middleton have reportedly chosen Sydney as they base for their forthcoming tour - hellomagazine.com

Marty91charmed 01-06-2014 03:36 PM

Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 5h Prince William is said to be starting his agricultural course at Cambridge University tomorrow. He’s said to be staying in the city fo this

Plus:http://fromberkshiretobuckingham.blo....html?spref=tw

When will the next engagement for Kate be issued?

Lumutqueen 01-07-2014 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1631124)
Martin ‏@MartinRoyalUK 5h Prince William is said to be starting his agricultural course at Cambridge University tomorrow. He’s said to be staying in the city fo this

Plus:Kate: From Berkshire to Buckingham : Kate Spotted Shopping in Oxfordshire//William Heading Back to School

When will the next engagement for Kate be issued?

William's 10 week university course isn't really an event. Catherine and William's engagements are announced as and when the press know about them.

Marty91charmed 01-10-2014 11:22 AM

When will start kate filling up her engagement agenda? Accordin to Richard Plamer we will see her again only in March.... Does anyone know something?

cepe 01-10-2014 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1632143)
When will start kate filling up her engagement agenda? Accordin to Richard Plamer we will see her again only in March.... Does anyone know something?

I dont think we actually know anything but KP said that whilst William is on his course Catherine is concentrating on George , ie dont expect to see her. Richard Palmer is probably referring to St Patricks Day Parade for the Irish Guards which William and Catherine attend.

Tiggersk8 01-10-2014 12:12 PM

Not just George, but remember there was talk of a plan/or scheme Kate's working on to try to bring National attention to the need of Children's Hospices & people giving time to volunteer at them. I'm sure she's also busy working on that w/the Team of The Foundation & the Hospices on how best to do it & to do it well.

I'm really hoping we hear more on this soon, as it really sounds intriguing.

Dman 03-01-2014 10:14 PM

William and Kate are to visit Irish Guards for St Patrick’s Day as usual on 17th March. Official confirmation to be given early next week.
P. William is Colonel, Irish Guards -Kate will be presenting shamrocks to officers, as wife of senior officer in regiment traditionally does.

GracieGiraffe 03-01-2014 10:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1645333)
William and Kate are to visit Irish Guards for St Patrick’s Day as usual on 17th March. Official confirmation to be given early next week.
P. William is Colonel, Irish Guards -Kate will be presenting shamrocks to officers, as wife of senior officer in regiment traditionally does.

Fabulous!!!!! Nothing like a little green skirt to mark the day. I should know. I am Irish.....

Osipi 03-02-2014 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe (Post 1645339)
Fabulous!!!!! Nothing like a little green skirt to mark the day. I should know. I am Irish.....

A wee bit better would be a Guinness to go with the green skirt. :cheers:

I wonder if William will wear his Irish Guard uniform that he wore for his wedding?

Skippyboo 03-02-2014 07:39 AM

He usually wears the black bow one for St Patricks day and busts out the red tunic he wore in the Abbey for Trooping the Colour. I picture in my head almost one year old Prince George in his daddy's arms petting his dad's bearskin hat like he would Lupo.

Martin's tweet is a little off. It isn't a wife of a senior officer that passes out the shamrocks, it usually a female member of the royal family. Queen Alexandria started the tradition, the Queen Mum did it for a very long time, then Princess Anne after her grandmum's death and now Kate.

TLLK 03-02-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 1645356)
A wee bit better would be a Guinness to go with the green skirt. :cheers:

I wonder if William will wear his Irish Guard uniform that he wore for his wedding?

I was hoping that one of them would go for a full Leprechaun look myself. ;)

Lumutqueen 03-02-2014 11:03 AM

Prince William and Kate Middleton enjoy night at 'Bunga Bunga' bar | Mail Online

Skippyboo 03-02-2014 11:09 AM

George is going to have a bunch of playmates with his godparents kids.

Marty91charmed 03-02-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1645413)

Wow! Emily Jardine-Paterson (George's godmother) is pregnant!
Six protction officers?:whistling:
Glad they enjoyed a night out but at this point she should have a couple of engagements before the tour...

Skippyboo 03-02-2014 11:43 AM

Why does Kate need a couple of engagements before the tour? Why not William too? Or Harry? He hasn't really been lighting up the court circular either.

lyndaW 03-02-2014 12:01 PM

Wonder what country the new Nanny is from,
it would be loevely if she was from Australia or Canada

Lumutqueen 03-02-2014 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1645432)
Why does Kate need a couple of engagements before the tour? Why not William too? Or Harry? He hasn't really been lighting up the court circular either.

William is still at Cambridge and Henry has gone back to army work.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 1645436)
Wonder what country the new Nanny is from,
it would be loevely if she was from Australia or Canada

She's European, a country hasn't been specfied though.

cepe 03-02-2014 12:12 PM

Harry has an engagement tomorrow I think - Memorial at WA for Mandela

royalistbert 03-02-2014 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1645419)
Wow! Emily Jardine-Paterson (George's godmother) is pregnant!
Six protction officers?:whistling:
Glad they enjoyed a night out but at this point she should have a couple of engagements before the tour...

She already done a few engagements.

dazzling 03-04-2014 01:20 AM

Kate Middleton Went to a Bar in a Chic Black Jacket
Article via yahoo

Dman 03-04-2014 11:24 AM

Prince William and Kate will be attending the St Patrick’s Day celebrations with the Irish Guards on 17th March, it’s confirmed.
The official royal website has started listing the upcoming engagements of Prince William and Kate for the first time

Marty91charmed 03-04-2014 03:49 PM

:hugesmile: Farewell to the royal doctor: Duchess of Cambridge attends Sir Marcus Setchell’s leaving party | Royal Central
Kate attended the farewell party of Doctor Setchell, who delivered George on Monday.

marine2109 03-05-2014 08:13 AM

Quote:

William and Kate to visit 'lucky' soldiers for St Patrick's Day Parade
Prince William and Kate Middleton to attend St Patrick's Day Parade - hellomagazine.com

Marika86 03-06-2014 08:45 AM

Victoria Murphy ‏@QueenVicMirror Reports suggesting Kate and William in the Maldives for a break before their big tour

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/53921

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 08:58 AM

AGAIN? How many breaks do they need? Sorry, don't know want to sound harsh but I can't see the necessity of more vacations

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 09:00 AM

SunOnline - Prince William and Kate Middleton arrive in Maldives
Here one more

Lumutqueen 03-06-2014 09:16 AM

General News and Information for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family

@RoyalReporter: To the surprise of all of us in the British press pack, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appear to have gone on holiday to the Maldives.

@HRHDuchesskate: William and Kate are spending the week at a resort in Noonu atoll and plan to stay for a week http://t.co/M6o0AE7Tpe

If this is true, then I've lost all available respect for those two.

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 09:19 AM

I posted the news on william and kate current events. Seriously, I'm disappointed too.

cinrit 03-06-2014 09:22 AM

Why? Because they went on a week's vacation?

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 09:26 AM

Too much work! -.-

Duke of Marmalade 03-06-2014 09:27 AM

sigh
how many holidays does one need
to recover from what?
oh yes, they need to rest for their upcoming tour
and afterwards they will need another vacation to recover from the tour

seriously, this is completely out of touch. they always claim to be so 'normal' but their attitude is far from it. they come across as spoilt, arrogant and lazy as hell.

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 09:32 AM

I think that they 've started wrong the new year.... They have been almost flawless (except the topless) but after P. George's birth they have made several false steps... I hope that this doesn't aaffect their reputation... My opinion of them has certainly decreased.... Pity

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 09:37 AM

To me it's all sound like we're obliged to justify their actions... I've always been very of them but now I'm not able to deny the truth anymore

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 09:42 AM

I'm not saying it's a crime at all but they haven't had such a hard work that they need a holiday... especially Kate. I must admit that I'm not the only one who's thinking this...

royalistbert 03-06-2014 09:53 AM

:previous:
I just deleted my post. I do agree that to public eyes that it is rather odd. To say you lost all respect for them like Lumutqueen said is a bit dramtic. I admit I am a bit miffed that they have gone away with a tour coming up. But then who am to critisise what this wealthy couple do with their money. If I had the money I would do the same to be honest.

The lack of common sense from their PR alarms me. The hunting trip is Spain was stupid of William to do before Conference of poaching. This couple are just bad at PR.

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 09:58 AM

I agree with you. It seems that since there was a reshuffle of the press offices the organization lacks.:eek:
I think that if they had more public engagements nobody would say something on their trip. Like in the previous years, the worked hard and the public opinion didn't mind when they went to Mustique etc...

Marty91charmed 03-06-2014 10:17 AM

Richard Palmer@RoyalReporter

To the surprise of all of us in the British press pack, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appear to have gone on holiday to the Maldives

peppersmint ‏@_peppersmint_ 2 h

1. @RoyalReporter i can´t even. the most hard working royals ever. NOT.
  2. RT @RoyalReporter (...) the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge appear to have gone on holiday to the Maldives. #wtf
  3. https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...79c_bigger.png Victoria Finan ‏@victoriafinan 2 h
    @RoyalReporter Right, I've had it. I LOVED William and Kate and poo-poohed their critics. Today, I join them. TWO HOLIDAYS IN TWO MONTHS? Dettagli
  4. https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...79c_bigger.png Victoria Finan ‏@victoriafinan 2 h
    @RoyalReporter Three engagements for the whole year so far?! Two holidays. A so called 'intensive course'? They need to grow up. Dettagli
  5. https://abs.twimg.com/sticky/default...e_6_bigger.png mojo ‏@JoJomorris1 49 min
    @RoyalReporter Hope they understand why general public dislike them. It's one long holiday.... Dettagli
  6. https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...e2_bigger.jpeg Wesley Hutchins ‏@ComradeHutch 37 min
    @RoyalReporter I support the RF, but these back to back vacations are ridiculous: Christmas, Mustique, and now this? Wise up, W & K... Dettagli
  7. https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images...e2_bigger.jpeg Wesley Hutchins ‏@ComradeHutch 36 min
    @RoyalReporter I can already see the republican attack lines. Not good.

Dman 03-06-2014 10:20 AM

I was actually expecting them to go on a little vacation before their official tour. They did this same thing in 2012 so I don't know people are acting like they are so surprised by it.

Their official engagements kick back in once they get back anyway.

royalistbert 03-06-2014 10:29 AM

People have short memories. This little holiday will be forgotton about once the tour starts.

Daria_S 03-06-2014 10:55 AM

If they choose to go on vacation, then that's that. Perhaps it was a bad step to make it public. Personally, I have no problem with them going, especially before a lengthy tour next month. I know that if I had a chance to go on a holiday every month, I would, especially if I used my own funds. They're enjoying their life. There's nothing wrong with that. It's not their fault that people around them can't do likewise.

Dman 03-06-2014 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalistbert (Post 1646392)
People have short memories. This little holiday will be forgotton about once the tour starts.

I agree. I'm well known on here that think William & Catherine should be doing more official engagements but I really did expect them to go on a little vacation before the official tour. Time for them to get away and relax, get a little sun and get a little crazy ;)

Skippyboo 03-06-2014 11:02 AM

Camilla went to the Indian spa before her tour of India and the Aussie/NZ/NPG jubilee tours

Here WK's vacations last year

Mustique with her family
Balmoral with his family
Swiss wedding weekend

Since it appears they left George at home, it seems like WK are celebrating their wedding anniversary early since Apr 29 will be right after a 25 hr plane trip home.

Lumutqueen 03-06-2014 11:27 AM

I can accept holidays, spending their money etc if they actually did any work when they got home. You can come up with all the excuses you like, they're a waste frankly. They certainly can't claim they're a normal family anymore.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1646407)
Since it appears they left George at home, it seems like WK are celebrating their wedding anniversary early since Apr 29 will be right after a 25 hr plane trip home.

Excuse me? Left George at home.

Skippyboo 03-06-2014 11:59 AM

The people in Maldives are not mentioning George being with them. So he is at home in England probably with Mike and Carole I would guess. He could be there but the Internet tweets and such don't mention him.

HRHHermione 03-06-2014 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1646353)
AGAIN? How many breaks do they need? Sorry, don't know want to sound harsh but I can't see the necessity of more vacations

Who cares? They can afford the vacations, they're paid for privately, and it's probably great for their marriage to get time together like that, which is really the most important thing for them.

cepe 03-06-2014 12:09 PM

We weren't expecting them to be doing engagements between now and 17th March.

So why the outrage? They are not full time working royals so their time is their own.

Dman 03-06-2014 12:09 PM

If they are alone, I think this just proves how real this couple are. They have a baby at home and their groove is probably being disturbed. So it may be that they are taking a little time to get things together. There's more to the royals lives than just the official side of things.

I'm assuming we're all grown people here so you guys know what I'm talking about. Just being real.

Anna Catherine 03-06-2014 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1646353)

Well let's see...Kate went on a vacation with her family, which she takes every year, normally with her husband. William went on a short weekend (I think?) break with his brother and a couple friends. William has been in a 10 week course so they probably haven't had much time together so they are going on little break as a couple without baby. They don't take many vacations (actually one or two) each year so it's not a big deal plus they've both been doing a couple of engagements already so they haven't been sitting at home.

My guess is they are living their own lives and minding their own business and not worried about everyone else which they shouldn't be.

Anna Catherine 03-06-2014 12:49 PM

Well let's see...Kate went on a vacation with her family, which she takes every year, normally with her husband. William went on a short weekend (I think?) break with his brother and a couple friends. William has been in a 10 week course so they probably haven't had much time together so they are going on little break as a couple without baby. They don't take many vacations (actually one or two) each year so it's not a big deal plus they've both been doing a couple of engagements already so they haven't been sitting at home.

My guess is they are living their own lives and minding their own business and not worried about everyone else which they shouldn't be.

MarNoe 03-06-2014 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1646420)
Who cares? They can afford the vacations, they're paid for privately, and it's probably great for their marriage to get time together like that, which is really the most important thing for them.

I agree with this.

princess gertrude 03-06-2014 01:17 PM

I say take breaks/vacations when you can. As William and Catherine get older and their children get older (and their workload increases), these breaks will be fewer and fewer.

Duke of Marmalade 03-06-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1646426)
If they are alone, I think this just proves how real this couple are. They have a baby at home and their groove is probably being disturbed. So it may be that they are taking a little time to get things together. There's more to the royals lives than just the official side of things.

I'm assuming we're all grown people here so you guys know what I'm talking about. Just being real.

So a young couple whose groove is being disturbed by a baby is flying out to the maldives to get it back? How real is that?
But the next photoshoot is certainly around the corner to prove how real or normal they are.

ladongas 03-06-2014 01:24 PM

:previous: I totally agree with Gertrude.

cepe 03-06-2014 01:30 PM

Someone please tell me where this couple wanting to be "normal" comes from.

I recall Diana saying that she wanted the boys to have as normal a childhood "as possible" - so she knew there were limits. But that was translated in the British media as "living a normal life".

I think the same thing has happened again - these 2 know that they don't have a normal life - but the media keep pushing that message. There is nothing normal about unique status, millions in the bank; security 24/7; most pictured woman in the world; etc etc.

Hope they have a good time.

Skippyboo 03-06-2014 01:36 PM

Wasn't there a guardian article a couple of days ago complaining about W&K being too normal and should be more royal?

Dman 03-06-2014 01:43 PM

Well, in reality, royals are normal people but just live in different circumstances and have different responsibilities. No matter what titles you may have, money in the bank, cars, castles and palaces, you're still normal human beings and will live and die like everybody else.

I too hope they have a good time.

TLLK 03-06-2014 01:54 PM

Excellent statements cepe and dman. Honestly I believe that all the royals have the same concerns as most of us. Health, family, stress etc.. are things that most of us share as human beings.

The reigning royals are wealthier than most of us, have access to top notch healthcare and education. They also have security and privacy issues that most of us will hopefully never have to concern ourselves with. The reigning head of state and heir are often subject to extra scrutiny. The hint of impropriety could affect the entire institution ie: Spain.

I believe that they do try to have a "normal" life to some degree, but it will never be the life that most of us lead.

soapstar 03-06-2014 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skippyboo (Post 1646407)
...Since it appears they left George at home, it seems like WK are celebrating their wedding anniversary early since Apr 29 will be right after a 25 hr plane trip home.

Exactly. People are acting like they vacation all the time. Last year they took a total of about 2-3 weeks vacation time. It was the same the year before that. I imagine it will be the same this year.

As for George not going with them, I don't find that odd. I know many couples that take the kids to the grandparents, so that they can spend a few days alone somewhere. And as Skippyboo said, their anniversary is right after their 3 week tour, so I see this as an early anniversary trip.

What's funny is that people had a problem with them vacationing apart (Kate's Mustique trip and William's weekend in Spain) and now we get to hear the complaints about them vacationing together.

HRHHermione 03-06-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1646456)
What's funny is that people had a problem with them vacationing apart (Kate's Mustique trip and William's weekend in Spain) and now we get to hear the complaints about them vacationing together.

Yup, plus people hint that the marriage is in trouble every time they do things separately but then say they're lazy when they take time out as a couple.

It's good that they seem to be able to ignore the media and live the life they want.

sndral 03-06-2014 03:26 PM

I think what the royal reporters are so miffed about is that they were totally caught out by this get away - which just goes to show that their so called insider/palace sources/friends of the couple do not exist.
Are the Cambridges really in the Maldives? Who knows. I haven't seen any pictures or other evidence proving it to be so. It would be hilarious if sometime today William or Catherine was spotted out and about somewhere in London.
I also wouldn't put too much stock in the rumour that George is not with them, maybe he's not, but assuming that they took a scheduled flight until we hear from someone on that plane that they were there and a baby was not I'm not jumping to any conclusions.

Lumutqueen 03-06-2014 04:21 PM

Amazing! Catherine and William could burn Buckingham palace down and people would find an excuse. I'm starting to see why so many have left this forum.

Osipi 03-06-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soapstar (Post 1646456)
As for George not going with them, I don't find that odd. I know many couples that take the kids to the grandparents, so that they can spend a few days alone somewhere. And as Skippyboo said, their anniversary is right after their 3 week tour, so I see this as an early anniversary trip.

The more I thought about it, the more sense it made to me that they didn't take George with them on this holiday. George has a new nanny and is always used to having his parents around. With mom and dad leaving him with the nanny now, George is able to form a bond with the nanny and get used to mom and dad off somewhere else for extended periods of time.

Dman 03-06-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1646490)
Amazing! Catherine and William could burn Buckingham palace down and people would find an excuse. I'm starting to see why so many have left this forum.

I'll be pretty upset if they burned down that palace :smile:.

I don't think anyone is making any excuses for the royal couple. William & Catherine also took a vacation to France just before their 2012 Jubilee Tour. I was thinking they would do the same this year. I also understand that they may have wanted to get away and be with each other for a while.

Maybe I'm different and weird but I just can't get upset over the thought of these people taking a little vacation. We all know they have many official engagements coming up when this tour kicks off and there will be official engagements coming up after the tour. So I do support a couple taking a little time to enjoy each other in the sun.

Cris M 03-06-2014 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1646490)

Also, they could find the cure for cancer and people would find a way to criticize them.

MarNoe 03-06-2014 05:00 PM

Since none of us live their life, or will EVER know anything like it, who are we to judge what they do or do not do. Could it be some are jealous of their ability to take these vacations?

Ladyelena 03-06-2014 05:04 PM

:sad::sad:Who wouldn't want to take a vacation if you could afford it from this rotten cold?

HereditaryPrincess 03-06-2014 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ladyelena (Post 1646507)
:sad::sad:Who wouldn't want to take a vacation if you could afford it from this rotten cold?

I was just thinking the same thing - the weather over here is cheering up a bit, but you never know when we might experience the cold and wet weather we've been having again. I would love to take a break and escape to the Maldives right now.

Back to William and Catherine, I don't really see a problem with this, because they don't have any royal engagements in their diaries until March 17, so it's not as if they're skipping them just to go on holiday, which is what everyone is making this sound like IMO.

Ladyelena 03-06-2014 05:13 PM

:previous::previous: I agree with Gertrude and HRHHermione. Well said.

sophie25 03-06-2014 05:33 PM

They've got to build up their strength before going on tour next mont. Those 3 engagements she's done this year will have taken a lot out of her. I mean, let them do what they want just don't complain when people call Kate in particular lazy. BTW someone should tell the Queen that Kate's stolen another one of her dresses-LOL!

Princess of Durham 03-06-2014 07:07 PM

The interesting thing is, W&C are doing nothing that any other wealthy couple do, maybe THAT is what annoys people. I suspect there are many others who take these vacations and are never noticed simple because they are not as popular in the press. Certainly they are nothing like other families in those circles who seem to travel and vacation CONSTANTLY. Thus far this couple has done nothing flamboyant in terms of travel that should provoke such vitriol from "the masses".

cepe 03-06-2014 07:16 PM

There was a wonderful tweet today - a quote from disraeli

"how much easier it is to be critical than it is to be correct"

These two are not permanently on holiday.
They have only just taken on a nanny so Catherine has been looking after George on her own. (Stir crazy)
They have not cancelled any engagements in order to do this trip
They are not full time royals
This has not cost the Uk any more money than if they had stayed at home.
But they have hissed off the media cos they caught them out.

SElizabeth 03-06-2014 11:07 PM

Angela:
They've got to build up their strength before going on tour next mont. Those 3 engagements she's done this year will have taken a lot out of her. I mean, let them do what they want just don't complain when people call Kate in particular lazy. BTW someone should tell the Queen that Kate's stolen another one of her dresses-LOL!

Are we perhaps a bit jealous of this royal way of life? We don't know what goes on behind closed doors or how much work it is to prepare for a month trip to foreign countries with all the engagements and arrangements to be made.....and a baby on top of it to take care of...W/C seem like hands on parents and don't have nannies and servants coming out of the woodwork to do their bidding......they might be in the position to have money to do as they please (and don't we all wish that, only I don't wish that position of her's for all the money in the world), they live their lives in the eye of constant criticism and it's be damned if you do and be damned if you don't, so there is no pleasing all the people all the time. I wish them well regardless of how many so called vacations, engagements or meetings, or visits..........or whatever. They live their life just like I live mine and I don't need to criticize them for doing what they do................

fortimo 03-06-2014 11:18 PM

I find it really sad, that she let her baby at home. He is too little to be without her mom. I can't understand it. I don't think that this vacation was soooo important. Mothers should have other priorities. IMO

Sun Lion 03-06-2014 11:25 PM

I Want to Be In The Maldives With W And C...

...well actually, they're only there for a week I see - not long enough for me really :lol:.
(But then I don't have a baby with - or not with - me.)
I really "tuned in" to the holiday photos from 2013's Mustique holiday - blue seas and palm trees, sunshine and no responsibilities.
And we got to see some actual W and C photos on the beach and in the waves too, which just made it all the more available to us in "general public land".
(This year's Mustique holiday didn't draw my interest as much - just the tarmac shots from the plane transfers - not as much to daydream about.)
For me, these private, high-end jaunts are about the last remaining "otherness" or mystique left.

I'm passed being excited about hairstyles, shoes, hats, evening gowns and earings.
Palaces and staff, paintings and the car always being clean when you get in it - plenty of pluses to the role.
It's being young, and having these top-of-the-range opportunities - that the average onlooker will not - that stires up comment.
Some people manage it after a life-time of work - but youth has gone.
Some people manage it while young - but after fighting tooth and nail to get to the top of the movie-star or pop-singer heap.

We know they're Royal, we know it's their own money and we know most of us are shut out - no matter how clever, good or hard-working we are.
Princess Margaret did the same, and had to wear the consequences.
Her sister sacrificed the balmy days away, and didn't become a target.
I still wish I was there too.
And you could pap me - a small price.

Cheers, Sun Lion.

Sun Lion 03-07-2014 12:12 AM

Just Read Report - 45 Villas For Maldives Holiday.

Forget my comment above re "Some people manage it after a life-time of work" -
I've just seen a report where the Duke and Duchess have the forty-five villa resort, where they are staying at in the Maldives, to themselves, (and their security I guess).
This is the "otherness"/mystique thing for me.
Sun Lion.

P.S. I saw a quote in a few places, a day or so ago, where W and C wanted to experience life like Australians - hence the choices on the Royal Tour intinerary.
Why?
Having a whole tropical resort to yourself is better, no?

Sun Lion 03-07-2014 12:19 AM

Prince George Not In Maldives - Yet NZ/Oz Tour Built Around Baby.

Not sure why baby Prince George not with his parents for a week, but the Royal Tour itinerary was said to be structured with him in mind, because he could not stay home in the UK.

Sun Lion.

Iluvbertie 03-07-2014 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 1646599)
Not sure why baby Prince George not with his parents for a week, but the Royal Tour itinerary was said to be structured with him in mind, because he could not stay home in the UK.

Exactly - we were told that they couldn't leave him for more than a night or so and now they can leave him for a week.
If they can leave him for a week they can leave him in the UK and come here without putting us to the extra expense of having him here.

Moonmaiden23 03-07-2014 12:39 AM

She's only going to be gone a week? I don't necessarily admire Kate very much but the idea that when a woman has a baby she should never ever have any time to herself again until the child starts school or something is just wrong, imo.

I remember a horrible furor when Sarah Duchess of York went away to spend time with Prince Andrew when Beatrice was an infant. The finger wagging, abuse, and condemnation in the press and public was shocking and sickening. She was called "unfit mum" and the prediction was that her bond with Beatrice was broken, and that the baby was damaged for life.:bang:

Fast forward 25 years......:whistling:

Iluvbertie 03-07-2014 12:42 AM

We were told William's course was 10 weeks but he can take a week off in the middle of it - seems strange to me.
Something appears to be wrong because we are constantly being told one thing and then they do something else.
If the 'trusted advisers' are telling Kate to do nothing but holiday and William not much more then they are not very good at their job. The republicans are having a field day with this pair.

Iluvbertie 03-07-2014 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eden (Post 1646580)
Just a quick question if I may. It has been pointed out that Will and Kate are not full time royals on numerous occasions. So can you please tell me that at 30ish what are they 'full time' at?

Simple answer - nothing.

Kate has never been full-time at anything other than shopping while William did some time in the RAF.

They are the best advertisement for the republicans I have seen in a long time.

sndral 03-07-2014 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roslyn (Post 1646592)

My personal view about this trip to the Maldives is that William and Kate have been packed off there for a week together without distractions in the hope that they will spend enough time together to enable the spare to be created before they separate for good.

Except they've taken vacations to far away sunny places for quite a few years now, so I see this as fairly normal for them. They did Christmas with his family, she spent a week w/ her family, he spent 4 days w/ his brother and now they are off on vacation together. I doubt they will be 'trying' for baby 2 on this get away as Catherine had such a bad first trimester last year and she has a higher chance of a recurrence of the problem, thus they won't want her to be in her first trimester on the tour, hard to dash off to throw up while attending all those events. I'm betting they'll wait until after the tour w/ an August or September announcement.
I'm not seeing signs of imminent separation from these two - they were just out w/ friends a couple of nights ago, but I'll be watching the upcoming tour to see if I can spot any signs:)
I sometimes think Charles is a primary driver of how much these two and Harry do and don't take on. I suspect the issues created in his own life by his dedication to duty has caused him to want to protect his children from the mistakes made with (and by) him.

Duke of Marmalade 03-07-2014 01:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by angela (Post 1646525)
They've got to build up their strength before going on tour next mont. Those 3 engagements she's done this year will have taken a lot out of her. I mean, let them do what they want just don't complain when people call Kate in particular lazy.

I am speechless. 3 engagements and Kate needs a holiday to catch up? Its must be really hard, this royal life.
I wonder what their working subjects think of this, especially new mums who put their kid into nursery after 3 months to get back to work full time.

Roslyn 03-07-2014 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sndral (Post 1646616)
I'm not seeing signs of imminent separation from these two - they were just out w/ friends a couple of nights ago, but I'll be watching the upcoming tour to see if I can spot any signs:)

I'll be watching the tour very closely to see how they interact. It has been my observation in respect of events over the last couple of years that each of them appears happier at events they attend alone, and that Kate appears far more confident when William is not around. When they are together he seems to neglect her and not provide the sort of support and encouragement I would expect.

Actually I must take issue with one thing Iluvbertie said. I do not agree that Kate is a waste of space. She enabled William to achieve one of his most important duties, i.e. producing an heir.

Duke of Marmalade 03-07-2014 01:40 AM

Kate Middleton and Prince William jet off without George for 'second honeymoon' | Mail Online

Moonmaiden23 03-07-2014 01:43 AM

As cynical as it sounds, I think the Cambridges know full well that any bad publicity generated by their latest holiday in the sun will evaporate soon with the warm fuzzies that will be generated when they take the baby on tour with them Down Under.

It's probably why they felt confident enough to do this(vacation) in the first place...after the first set of photos with the baby practically no one will remember or care.

It's really brilliant strategy, I have to admit.
:cool:

Sun Lion 03-07-2014 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHHermione (Post 1646617)
...I just still think there's a balance for these two that's nearly impossible. They have to be good at their jobs while never overshadowing the Queen or Prince Charles and that's not an easy balance to strike. I think that's actually the biggest reason their press exposure is so limited.

I completely agree HRH Hermione that with the Queen, and then Prince Charles to follow, the Cambridges are in Royal terms, down the totem pole.

But of course, they're young, attractive, have a new baby and the media focus on what sells.

They are presented as "a bigger deal" to the world than they would have been when Royalty stayed behind Palace doors, and we didn't even see their weddings, let alone their private comings and goings.

"Not an easy balace" to be sure.

And with the lessons learnt from the turbulent years of the previous decades, when it all went from a fairytale to a soap opera in the private lives of many Royal family members - and worse for us all knowing about it - a constant juggling act to get it "right".

The Duke and Duchess will be subjected to much comment and criticism because - I think - we are in transition in many aspects of society, and those directing things will need to be very savvy to protect what is still a valuable pillar of society.

So easy for respect to be lost, and so hard for it to be retained or regained.

Best Wishes, Sun Lion.

Anna Catherine 03-07-2014 02:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 1646622)
I completely agree HRH Hermione that with the Queen, and then Prince Charles to follow, the Cambridges are in Royal terms, down the totem pole...

Not to mention the fact that there is no real precedence for the position they are in. They are not the next couple in line. Honestly, I think they have a harder role to fill because there is no need for them to work in the family. So far as we know William intends to step up in number engagements as he already has since leaving the military last fall. Kate obviously intends to focus more on George. I don't think she will really increase how much she does too terribly much as I least I wouldn't expect her to.

About not taking George, he is not deprived nor too young for his parents to take a trip as a couple. I actually think it's great they are going, just the two of them. Their marriage is just as important as George. Every couple needs time alone. There is no evidence they are any less of parents or any less hands-on.

On another note, William is taking his class so I'm guessing the class is over. When did the class start? Unless he is able to take time off since he was also able to go hunting with his brother over a weekend.

Also most of you are overreacting. Kate has been on one vacation with her family which is an annual trip so no surprise. William went FOR A WEEKEND with his brother and some friends hunting. Now they are spending time together as I'm sure they haven't had much time together lately. I'm sure this was planning a long time ago hence no engagements so far in March. Plus we don't know what else they've been working on away from the spotlight.

It's not that complicated or big of a deal. Most of the posters complaining always complain about William and Kate so it's not surprising.

Moonmaiden23 03-07-2014 02:09 AM

Ahhh....thanks. But that won't be happening Roslyn. I'm not supporting these two with my tax dollars but I'd be annoyed as hell if I was. I don't think they are as awful as some of their critics make them out to be, but I do find them extremely overrated.

I'm on your side here.

soapstar 03-07-2014 02:18 AM

Classes started in the beginning of January and will finish later this month. According to Richard Palmer, William doesn't have any lectures next week. So he's free to go on vacation without worrying about missing anything.

Dman 03-07-2014 03:34 AM

People may be bent out of shape over this little getaway but once the couple get back, perform some official engagements and the tour kick off, they'll get over it.

Lumutqueen 03-07-2014 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1646636)
People may be bent out of shape over this little getaway but once the couple get back, perform some official engagements and the tour kick off, they'll get over it.

And there lies my issues, as soon as they actually do their jobs, for a few weeks at a time, people forget how lazy they actually are.

Quote:

Originally Posted by angela (Post 1646525)
They've got to build up their strength before going on tour next mont. Those 3 engagements she's done this year will have taken a lot out of her. I mean, let them do what they want just don't complain when people call Kate in particular lazy.

Can you lend me your rose-tinted glasses please? Or is your entire post sarcasm?

Queen Camilla 03-07-2014 04:15 AM

This was probably planned in advance as William did not have any lectures planned for the week.

It still looks bad, especially not taking George.

It makes no sense to go on vacation without George & then insist on taking him with to Australia & New Zealand.

The Australia & New Zealand trip could have been shorter. No need for the PR stunt with George in Australia/New Zealand.

Dman 03-07-2014 04:19 AM

I don't think William & Catherine are lazy but I also think they could be doing more and I'm hoping we'll be seeing even more of their official roles.

I honestly think people just calm down about this little trip for the couple. I think this trip counts as their first vacation of 2014. If they took a trip every two weeks, I would understand the harsh criticism.

I also think people are just going to have to get used to the idea of this couple taking a vacation during this time of the year because they will likely start taking annual family vacations. They may want to take George skiing or something. William's parents did the samething when he and Harry was children. They often went skiing, vacationed with the Spanish and Greek royals.

bertie5252003 03-07-2014 05:20 AM

I don't think William is lazy at all and he is well aware of the responsiblities he has and will eventually incur ... Kate is another story IMO 3 engagements not that many I agree and a holiday is not a crime but I beleive she needs to step up more now and they are only in Australia and New Zealand for a few weeks, so I think it is not too much to expect that she work on more and more often.... lazzy I cannot say but perception is everything IMO.

Skippyboo 03-07-2014 08:04 AM

Dear Daily Mail, the RPOs would be with William, Kate and George no matter where they are whether it is the Maldives, Mike and Carole's house or KP. You just made their lives more difficult since you told all the crazies where the royals exactly are staying.

Kate until now has spent everyday with George since he was born. George can get used to the new nanny in the familiar comforts of the Middleton house with Grandpa Mike,Grandma Carole and dog brother Lupo nearby. While mummy and daddy can be big Willy and Babykins for a week ;)

Marty91charmed 03-07-2014 08:16 AM

It appears to be true that George was left at home with Carole... I think it's a kind of second honeymoon... Anyway, Wasn't William supposed to be attending the famous 10-week course? It started the 7th of January...MMM

Skippyboo 03-07-2014 08:24 AM

According the Express's Richard Palmer, William doesn't have any lectures for his Cambridge course this week which is why he could go and do the investiture for the Queen earlier in the week.

muriel 03-07-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1646412)
I can accept holidays, spending their money etc if they actually did any work when they got home. You can come up with all the excuses you like, they're a waste frankly.

He is at University, she is on maternity leave. What is the problem with that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 1646412)
They certainly can't claim they're a normal family anymore.

Did they ever claim they were a normal family? Did they ever claim they will not have staff? This is the stuff that keeps getting repeated in the press and on the blogs, and has picked up a life of its own.

Duke of Marmalade 03-07-2014 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marty91charmed (Post 1646692)
It appears to be true that George was left at home with Carole... I think it's a kind of second honeymoon... Anyway, Wasn't William supposed to be attending the famous 10-week course? It started the 7th of January...MMM

After 3 years a second honeymoon, wow.

The impression they give on the ordinary folk is desastrous. But thank god there is George, who will of course be taken on the tour because he completes some nice photo ops to erase the image of arrogant & lazy.