The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Family (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/)
-   -   Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014 (http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f269/duchess-of-cambridge-current-events-4-january-2014-a-36217.html)

Zonk 01-01-2014 10:41 AM

Duchess of Cambridge Current Events 4: January 2014

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...s300x215-1.png

Arms of HRH The Duchess of Cambridge

Welcome to the Duchess of Cambridge
current events thread Part 4

commencing 1 January 2014

The previous current events thread for the Duchess of Cambridge can be found here
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3-a-34366.html.

Topics related to the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge can be found in the royal wedding subforum.
Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

XeniaCasaraghi 01-01-2014 07:27 PM

Who exactly was Kate supposed to catch? The cute girl in pigtails? Why would she need to catch her? A lot of people give Kate a pass and defend her, but I see nothing wrong with her in this video; she seems to interact well with children. If it was me I'd be in so much trouble because is be kissing all over the babies.

Daria_S 01-01-2014 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XeniaCasaraghi (Post 1630035)
Who exactly was Kate supposed to catch? The cute girl in pigtails? Why would she need to catch her? A lot of people give Kate a pass and defend her, but I see nothing wrong with her in this video; she seems to interact well with children. If it was me I'd be in so much trouble because is be kissing all over the babies.

You and me both. I've been told several times by my co-workers that I'm getting 'too personal' with my preschoolers. I give them hugs, let them sit on my lap, and do a lot of hands-on interactions. I don't see anything wrong with that, but I know there are plenty of people that do, so I guess I ought to be a bit more discreet. Catherine appears to have no fear of being hands-on, and I'm sure that endears her to the children she's with. Little kids need physical affection, because they may feel insecure, and a hug might help them feel just a little bit safer.

roseroyal 01-01-2014 08:53 PM

Without getting too off topic, it is my opinion that people who are uncomfortable being hands on in a preschool need to find another career. Or get someone like Catherine or others to teach them how to turn their hearts on. I refuse to turn my heart off, so good I do not work there. Keep yours on Daria

Hendrik-Jan77 01-26-2014 04:31 AM

I hope we will see the Duchess in public again soon!

katemiddy 01-26-2014 11:28 AM

yeah I miss seeing her too :smile:

cepe 01-28-2014 10:43 AM

New engagement for Duchess

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter
The Duchess of Cambridge, as Patron, will attend The Portrait Gala 2014 at the National Portrait Gallery, London, on Feb 11.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 13m
Photographer David Bailey and Olympic gold medallist Katherine Grainger will also attend the National Portrait Gallery event with Kate.

Apparently it is a black-tie dinner.

Dman 01-28-2014 01:24 PM

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 2h
The event will be the first of a number of engagements coming up for the Cambridges in February.

marine2109 01-29-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Kate Middleton's first royal engagement of the year announced
Kate Middleton at National Portrait Gallery - hellomagazine.com

Daria_S 01-29-2014 02:49 PM

Good to know! I will be in London, so I may just try my luck to get a glimpse.

cepe 01-31-2014 06:25 AM

Another engagement - 14th February

Roya Nikkhah ‏@RoyaNikkhah
Duchess of Cambridge has a Valentine's Day engagement opening the ICAP Art Room at Northolt High School, Ealing and watching an art session.

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail
Kensington Palace says HRH will meet staff & pupils, experience a short Art Room session and officially open the facility on Valentine's Day

marine2109 01-31-2014 08:46 AM

Quote:

Valentine's Day engagement for Kate Middleton
Kate Middleton to attend Art Room opening - hellomagazine.com

Dman 01-31-2014 08:53 AM

Looking forward to HRH official engagements.

roseroyal 01-31-2014 11:05 AM

Looking forward to the Valentine's Day engagement. Her Royal highness and children are one magical combination.

TLLK 01-31-2014 12:09 PM

Glad to see that the Art Room provides therapeutic art services to teens as well.

Zonk 02-03-2014 08:08 AM

Please note that all posts regarding Catherine and George's vacation have been moved to http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-34429-16.html

hkittybaby 02-06-2014 07:30 AM

Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
On 17th Feb, the Queen and Kate will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for the dramatic arts. Guests will include actors and directors.

muriel 02-06-2014 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hkittybaby (Post 1639062)
Peter Hunt@BBCPeterHunt
On 17th Feb, the Queen and Kate will host a reception at Buckingham Palace for the dramatic arts. Guests will include actors and directors.

Excellent. Lets fill the calendar up with interesting engagements like this. A great opportunity for Catherine to learn from HM on the job.

MarNoe 02-06-2014 09:49 AM

The Queen and Kate Middleton will reportedly join forces to host a RADA reception at Buckingham Palace - hellomagazine.com

roseroyal 02-07-2014 07:05 PM

So now Kates coming to the reception? If there is a picture of her With Robert Hardy , I don't know if I can stand the excitement!